35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is having so much fun that's it's killing me to wait on this thing! I just have to finish Christmas presents though! UGH! I still have a few more to go before I tackle this one!!! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!

Good morning all. I'm 8 squares in and ttotally addicted. I've had to wing some of the squares though, because the different yarns are giving me different sizes. However, I'm confident it's all gonna work out. I have no clue what my main color is going to be. I've decided that most if not ALL my squares is comming from recycled yarn. I'm having a bear of a time keeping these squares all in one place. My 3 yo loves playing with them. Well, enough chatting with u ladies, I have a few squares to churn out and a couple of more projects to shower with attention.

TTYL

Necia

I just had to share the funniest story with yall. I'm working on square 9 and I tell hubby how some of you have commented that this project is kind of small to be an afghan so it'll probably be a lapghan. This is where he leads me to believe he may be smoking something! He goes, why not triple the amount of squares, and make 3 lapghans, 1 for u, 1 for me, and 1 for Cee(our son). Then you can put all 105 squares together to make 1 huge afghan that represents our family. Isn't that funny? I would be working for a looooooooong time if I considered that idea. I mean forbid what would happen if I had more children!

Necia

Hi Donna -

You are making me antsy ! I know you want to start . Just do one square. I dare you !

Necia -

Very good, 8 squares done ! Yea, your husband had a great idea I guess, if you'd make one for each of you . If you have more kids, then each one you have, you'd have to make another 35 granny afghan. Remember too, you can't stop at an odd number or your blanket will be funny shaped . Then remember, you'd have to add SOME on wide-ways and some on longways, to keep it fairly uniform in size . If you have a WHOLE bunch more kids, you could use it for a CAR COVER ! :lol

Hi Norma :waving

If you want to join one of the Crochetalongs, just post a message in the one you want to join. Do you have the pattern booklets for these ?

The 63 booklet is actually the easiest to locate . They are in almost every walmart and lots of other craft stores . Then pick out your yarn and hook, and away you go !

Just come in and post often to tell us what progress you're making or whether you need help if you get stuck or have any questions.

This is a very nice friendly gang here- we'd all welcome you anytime !

Maybe you could wear one of hose Miner's Hats in the theater . The kind with the light in the front ? Then you could work on squares in the dark .

No need to be subtle! :)

John works at the theatres here, and every show was sold out last night -- and everyone loved it! Have fun, Sue!

Thanks, Celeste! I'm back from the movie and it's a good thing I didn't bring my minor hat cuz the movie was good! If you're a H.Potter fan you'll love it!

Good job on your squares, Necia. As nice as this 'ghan is to do, you probably don't want to make 3 of them. :lol Your hubby sure sounds sweet, though. :)

Everyone seems to be saying how small this 'ghan is when using the recommended hook. Paganbaby, did you find the squares to be on the small side? I keep thinking the blanket is just the right size for an oompa-loompa. ;)

Don't worry, DonnaLynn, some of us will still be working on this after Christmas! In the meantime, we'd love to hear from you anyway! :)

post_new.gif Today, 11:28 AM

sqares1.gifsnbarclay

how do I go about joining one of these clubs either the 64 or the 35 granny square ?

Snbarclay, it is real easy...just say "Hey, I'm in!" Then get your hands on the yarn and pattern and tell us all about your yarn, colors, and how far along you are ... we are nosy critters! Welcome aboard!

:devil I made a square!!! Couldn't wait til after Christmas. I am supposed to be packing, leaving the house clean, making baby gifts!!!

With everyone's comments, I used an I-hook with the Simply Soft. It measures 7.5 inches. That means with the trim it should end up about 42.5 x 57.5 inches. Hmmm, an couple extra rows on the edge would put it around 46 x 61 inches -- that would be great!

She saw the squares lined up on my bed today and she said..." ohh mom...that looks beautiful and you know those are my favorite colors" and to think you wanna sell it.!!lol...if she only knew.

Oh, you very sneaky woman!!! :devil

Your squares are so lovely!

...sees a John Deere tractor APPARENTLY UNDER IT'S OWN POWER --- NO DRIVER !!!!!!

She panics, crashes into a ditch ,and has to call our tow truck driver Harold ( Who is the cutest thing to ever tow a car ) .

In other words:

Too Much Paddy Green , the Farmer Can't Be Seen .

:tree :leaf :greenflag:check:turtle:frog :clover :hbulb

**** Boy, I am just FULL OF BULL today ,aint I ?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Holy Moly JulieKay... Stop it! You are killing me!:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I have a ton of work to do today... have had my son and his girlfriend visiting for a few days (read-not much work done on projects and little time to get onto here), yesterday, we drove up to Porterville to pick up my other son, then up to the Mountains to Balch Park to visit a Giant Sequoia in honor of my mom who died 2 years ago (breast AND Ovarian cancer), then to see son's play at the High School, then the long drive home to So Cal... I did a little crocheting in the car when it was light enough to see but otherwise, I'm buried in Projects to finish and house to clean for more guests arriving tomorrow (sheesh :eek)... don't they all know I just wanna crochet!!! :hook

Allrightythen... it's back to work for me. You all have a great day. I love this group!!!

:hug

Got my pics up at photobucket! :clap All 3 of them! :lol

Taking the family to see H.Potter today. Really wish I could see in the dark...

Lookin good! You go, girl! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Everyone is having so much fun that's it's killing me to wait on this thing! I just have to finish Christmas presents though! UGH! I still have a few more to go before I tackle this one!!! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!

I'm right with you on this... CAN'T WAIT:blush:blush:blush:blush:blush

I just had to share the funniest story with yall. I'm working on square 9 and I tell hubby how some of you have commented that this project is kind of small to be an afghan so it'll probably be a lapghan. This is where he leads me to believe he may be smoking something! He goes, why not triple the amount of squares, and make 3 lapghans, 1 for u, 1 for me, and 1 for Cee(our son). Then you can put all 105 squares together to make 1 huge afghan that represents our family. Isn't that funny? I would be working for a looooooooong time if I considered that idea. I mean forbid what would happen if I had more children!

Necia

Sounds like you have a sweety there, Necia! How cute! :hook

how do I go about joining one of these clubs either the 64 or the 35 granny square ?

You just jump on in and start yakking! We are fast becoming the envy of the crochet world. We have some very creative and hilarious conversations... so you just jump in and say howdy! Grab your hook and get going... unless you are like a few of us and you participate vicariously until after Christmas...:manyheart

:devil I made a square!!! Couldn't wait til after Christmas. I am supposed to be packing, leaving the house clean, making baby gifts!!!

With everyone's comments, I used an I-hook with the Simply Soft. It measures 7.5 inches. That means with the trim it should end up about 42.5 x 57.5 inches. Hmmm, an couple extra rows on the edge would put it around 46 x 61 inches -- that would be great!

I knew you would :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I'm jealous! :devil

Hidey-Ho Mare !

Great to see you here today. My gosh, it sounds like you've been running around like a chicken with your head cut off lately . :loco:flying:hyper

I hope I don't sound like Scrooge and the Grinch all rolled into one, but I will be glad when the holiday season is over . Too much stress, too many places you need to go , people to see , things to do, things to buy , arguments to avoid ( or get into, take your pick ) :box:rant:yell

...... should I go on ?

I cannot WAIT til January 1st .

PEACE and QUIET .

I LIKE boring .

:yawn

Ok, I couldn't stand it anymore so I started on this thing today! Actually it was my hubby's suggestion. He said I've been working too hard on presents and on nothing for me so he told me today to just crochet for me! So I started on it! I got the first square done and I can't wait to do more! I'll post a pic tomorrow of the one I did! LOL

Now I'm not gonna want to stop! :D

Well, Donna, isn't that sweet ?

We knew we'd snag you sooner or later, didn't we gang ?

You do need to take time out once in awhile to do something for yourself -- something that YOU want to make , not HAVE to make .

We'll be watching for your square pictures to show up soon !

For Red Heart or Caron I never go to Michael's or JoAnn Fabrics. They both have a very poor choice of those two particular yarns - at least the Michael's and JoAnn's in my area. I find an excellent selection of both Caron and Red Heart at Hobby Lobby and a pretty good selection of colors at WalMArt.

Lynn

Archived