35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

I'm using Red Heart worsted 4 ply and an H hook. I'm also using up scraps, but the afghan on the cover has 2 colors. You could also make it in one light color. You'll need 3 super savers in a light color( Main Color-MC) and 2 skeins of Super Saver in a darker color (Contrasting color-CC)

PaganBaby69

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to have to back down on this for now. I've reinjured my neck apparently and don't know when I can pick up a hook again for something for myself. When I can work it will be to take care of obligations first. I will be holding this for myself.

Ok I'm thinking oranges, and brown. I dunno maybe 1 other color. I need to have an idea before I get to the store, otherwise I'll go crazy in the store.

Necia

Ok on second thought, I have 2 SS skeins of dark blue at home, so if I could just figure out my light color, I'll be good to go. Any suggestions people?

Necia

PaganBaby, thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I have been carefully making notes in my book for when I start! You rock girl! :2rock

Everyone...

I am going to order the 52 stitch-a-week book (whether we do it as a CAL or not) because it is gorgeous. I would love to do it as a CAL, but I agree that it would be nice to do something where the books are not so hard to find.:rant

I am curious about all the good things I have heard about the scripture ghan...can someone post a pic of the cover? I cannot find it, so I know it is not a good candidate for a CAL either -- yet, I may try to order one if I find it anyways! Thanks loads.

I'm going to have to back down on this for now. I've reinjured my neck apparently and don't know when I can pick up a hook again for something for myself. When I can work it will be to take care of obligations first. I will be holding this for myself.

:ghug Feel better really soon! I have back/neck problems so I know how frustrating it can be...

And, don't forget, I won't be actually starting this till January so if you feel better by then, you can work with me!:manyheart

Ok I'm thinking oranges, and brown. I dunno maybe 1 other color. I need to have an idea before I get to the store, otherwise I'll go crazy in the store.

Necia

Ok on second thought, I have 2 SS skeins of dark blue at home, so if I could just figure out my light color, I'll be good to go. Any suggestions people?

Necia

I guess it depends on what color blue... but you know, almost any color goes with blue, just find the right shade. I know, I'm a lot of help, huh?

have fun shopping!

Thanks, Pagan ! Great help and a quick answer to my question . Now I can get it !

Kathy - I hope your neck is better soon .

Glad you're with us, Olga !!! It's a quick one !

Good luck, Necia -- I spend hours in the yarn department trying to decide what colors to use for things ! I bet they have the security guards following me the whole time and I don't even notice them ! :sher

Stitchin -

I ordered the Scripture booklet off ebay -it is on the way, so I will let you know more about it when I get it .

Looks like there are no ends in sight for great crochetalong projects ! The link you sent was a beautiful afghan too, Celeste !

I guess we'll just have to take one at a time for now to let people catch up that want to do more.

This 35 is going REALLY fast for me. I just finished square number 18 and will get photos posted tonite of what I have done so far . I guess I like the colors ok now once I see them together .

Will post a link when I get my photos up !

Necia

Necia

I've always liked the dark blue an light blue color combination. ;)

Oh dear, hope you're feeling better soon! :hug

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :yell :yell :yell :yell :yell :yell :rant:bang:rant:bang:yell:grumpy:rant:yell:rant

NOT ANOTHER PREACHERCUSS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DANG IT -- that number 19 is giving me fits. I am ready to

BLOW A GASKET .

NEED TO CALM DOWN ..... Need To Calm Down ...... need to calm down .

Where did I put that backpack of Valium ? I need it as an IV DRIP .........

I need to go back through the posts and see if Pagan has posted number 19 yet .

Hi Julie, Forget 19 the way they said to do it. It's stupid. This is what you do, crochet #1. Now do a sl st and a ch 4 around the stitch junctions between round 1 and round 2. You'll have (sl st, ch 4) around. You should wind up with 8 chains. Do the same thing between the stitch junctions of round 3 and 4. You'll wind up with 24 chs. But I sometimes get 22, or 23. It doesn't matter, as the look is exactly the same but much easier.

I'll post mine tomorrow. I only have 5 more to do.

PaganBaby69

Hey, all you speedy gonzalezes, are ya gonna make another one after this one to keep us stragglers motivated? I'm so broke right now (payday is Thurs), but I'm seriously thinking about sacrificing $5 to get me some yarn just to start. Aaaaaaaaaaaah, payday never seemed so far away!

Necia

HHHHEEELLLLOOOO PPPAAGGGAAANNNN

( It's me on Valium )

Slow speed , get it ?

Well, I turned off the TV , and redid that same sucker OVER AND OVER AND OVER . I finally got the right number of little loops ......

HEY , NOW I GOT A BETTER IDEA THAN VALIUM >

I should have taken off my glasses while working on it, then I could have convinced myself that 13 loops really equaled 24 ,,,, I just couldn't see the others !

Thank you for the instructions . I just finished that sucker and I hope the rest of you out there will take heed and use Pagan's instructions. Those in the booklet will drive someone like me ( who NEVER drinks alcohol ) into a raging drunkard .

And also someone who rarely cusses, will be cussing like a sailor .

And I thought my husband was coming upstairs to do some computer work. I think he came up to get some peace and quiet !:eek

Just my friendly tip to you all before I give up and go lay down for the night .

The Valium is now kicking in about well enough to get a REALLY good night's rest .

See you all in the morning .......:yawn:out:night:sleep:out:yawn:night:sleep

Archived