35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

lol, Quiltymare! That seems to be the mantra of the day! :lol

Have you chosen colors for the the granny 'ghan yet?

:think Hmmm... colors? I envision something colorful and scrappy. I am really drawn to deep, jewel-tones and rustic fall colors. In my crochet dreams :night (don't we all dream in "crochet"?) I see something with some type of fuzzy :fluffy yarn bits in the motifs, too. Of course, if money was no obeject... it would be fun to use some sort of yarn that had some slubs or thick/thin type texture... Oh - Great... do you see what you are doing to me? You are getting me to :badidea fantasize about this project and I still have to complete...

3 mostly finished felted bags

a Double size front and back post dc afghan (10 1/2 more lengthwise rows to go)

Queen size felt rag quilt (all blocks cut but need to be assembled and snipped)

twin size fleece throw (not even started but a quick project)

10 bath time baskets for my 2 best friends, my neices, sisters, cousin, Auntie and Mother in Law filled with crocheted face cloths, scrunchies, soap holders, poufs, and decorated flip flops (only 3 face cloths done) (I'm also putting soaps and candles in them)

Scarf or neck warmer for Grandma

Oye!:juggle hee hee hee:lol

Mare

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Mare! Wow, that sounds terrific! I wish I could be so creative! I hope you'll be able to post pictures of whatever you end up using for yarn. I'm sure it'll be gorgeous! :)

Sounds like you have a ton of Christmas projects going. Phew! Gee, I wish I were on your Xmas list! :lol Good luck on your projects!

Hi Everybody!!!!

I'm sure you know by now that, Julie handed me the reins on this CAL.

I've posted 22 squares so far, but I made them in scraps. I have 13 more to make and I hope to post them next week. I like this afghan a lot and I know you will too. I made the *63* a looooong time ago, so I can understand if you have square burnout, but believe me, this afghan is a cakewalk!

I will be happy to answer your questions and cheer you on.

Please feel free to PM me if you need to find the book.

Paganbaby69

So did this cal officially start yet? Ya know I've never done a granny square and I would love to do a few, and this seems like such a great way to get started. I would be willing to join, if I could get my hands on the pattern. I would commit myself to one square a day and finish in like a month. Is it too late? I'm having so much fun with my socks, but I'll be finished with that today. So, if it's not too late, someone just let me know, and I'll spend the weekend tracking down the pattern.

Necia

Paganbaby

I would like to get in this one, but dont know if Im going to get the book I ordered and sent the money but havent heard from her, Its been about a week I think, So will have to wait and see if I get the book

I sent it to country yarns

Hi, Who wants to be the first one to officially start???

necia-let me know if you did or did not find the pattern, OK?

PaganBaby69

Hi PB,

So far no luck on finding the pattern. I did shoot country yarns an email but still no reply. Any ideas?

Necia

Question: For our next CAL can we do something that's new in the stores so everyone can do it? LOL :D:D:D

P.S. I should have my pattern by next week. I don't know when I'll be able to start but it will probably be by the beginning of December. I have to finish Christmas presents first and I have a few left to do!

I don't know when I'll be able to start but it will probably be by the beginning of December. I have to finish Christmas presents first and I have a few left to do!

:hookI'm green with envy! I worked on the rag quilt for about 3 hours yesterday and will probably be all day finishing it. And then there is the rest of the list! Wouldn't it be wonderful to spend December working on this!

:lol I have a feeling this CAL is going to be split... those that jump right onto the band wagon and those (like me) that will be creeping in on the tail end!

Hi Guys -

Well, I have decided to step in and join you on this. I couldn't resist. These crochetalongs are addicting . Once you do one, you don't want to work on something alone then, because it's not as much fun .

I have my first 6 squares done. They are so pretty ! And really easy to do .

I'm not real sold on the colors I am using. I went down to our little craft store downtown that has like 7 skeins of yarn to choose from, so you're pretty much stuck with what they have or making a run to the next town and I had a CRACKING headache yesterday so didn't feel like going far .

So anyhow, I am using a hunter green , sage, burgundy, country rose and off white . It reminds me of Christmas but maybe it won't look like it once I get them put together .

Pagan is doing a wonderful job showing us all her finished squares ! She's gonna be done before we know it !

How is yours coming, Celeste ? Didnt you choose white and grey, or did you go with different colors ?

Hi, Glad to hear that we have progress!!!! Julie, your colors sound really good! Doesn't it work up fast???

If anyone is having troble finding the pattrn, PM me, and I will help you get it.

I made 3 more squares, so I only have 10 more left. Hope to get them done by this week and will post the photos.

PaganBaby69

Hi Julie, Even the one with the popcorns go fast. I just made that witha green variegated center and a deep red border. The one I always have to re-do is #26 because I don't pat attention to the corner dc's. But on the photo I posted, I gave the hints.

I haven't posted # 19 yet, but I have a hint for that one too.

Glad that were officially starting.

PaganBaby69

Pagan

This is sure handy having you step in and tell us ahead of time about the tricks of the squares ! You must almost have the patterns memorized by now, don't you ?

What did you plan on doing with this afghan, have you decided ? Is it a keeper or are you giving it to someone ?

Hey Julie, I'm keeping this one because it's taking BRAIN POWER to combine colors that look good and to limit myself to the colors I have in this one room only. I need 35 solids and one neutral. I happen to have 2 SS's in black so that will be the neutral. What is shocking to me is that I have the 35 solids!!!!

PaganBaby69

Yes, Pagan ,

That would definitely take brain power to do the colors as you are ,trying to use different combinations for each square and to use so MANY colors !

I bet it will be beautful when done, like an old-fashioned quilt pattern .

Can't wait to see it !

Wow! You guys are chugging right along. I will be starting the 35 Grannies soon. I'm just finishing up the 63 squares and want to make some progress on a Christmas 'ghan. It looks like people are still waiting on their books so I won't be too far behind. :) I'm not completely sold on the colors either, Julie and Celeste. I picked out the colors from the book but only because I couldn't find a nice tan or lt. brown. I need to check out JoAnn's. There's always tomorrow! ;)

Archived