35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

Okay, count me in, but I will not start (no matter how badly it calls to me) until after Christmas! This will be my first Crochet Along. I think it will be fun! I will work on ordering the pattern book.

Stitchinpick

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable!!! I had the order in the mailbox with the flag up and my mail carrier DID NOT take it!!!! I was soooo upset! When I get home it's dark so I had no idea til my hubby told me so I took the envelope and took it to the Post Office myself this morning. The guy there told me it shouldn't take more than 3 days to get there so hopefully she'll get my money by Friday! I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE!

I think I am going to go with a pink and a burgundy... I am deciding between using Caron Simply Soft and Caron Regular WW. The regular WW isn't avail in that many colors where as the Simply Soft has a lot to choose from. Rag Shop has that big sale this Saturday so I think I'll choose when I go there then. Can anyone tell me approx how much yarn I need??? THANKS!!! I am sooooo excited to start this CAL! I so enjoyed the Felted Tote CAL and it's so much fun to see one pattern interpreted so many different ways!

Hi Donna

Since you're in Florida and she's in Louisiana , she should get it in time . I wouldnt think it'd take very long for mail to go that far, unless it is slowed down due to all the storms they have had down there .

I don't have my book laying up here with me, but I think you need approx 14 ounces of one color and 18 of the other . It really doesn't take a lot for it . Maybe someone who has the pattern laying there handy can tell you the exact amounts .. Next time I come up, i'll get the exact amount for you .

I think Jennie ( the lady from Country Crochet ) will hold the book for you -- it doesn't look like there are a big number of people on here who are ordering it all at once, so with 5 available, you should get your order in in plenty of time .

Howdy Celeste -

How's the 63 coming together ?

Will be glad to see you over here in this group soon. I have to admit, after reading Pagan's post yesterday, I started my 35 . Boy, is it a breeze compared to the 63 --. Every square so far has come out EXACT in size -- do you believe it ? And this one will whip up quickly .

Looks like 63 PART TWO is not far off the Horizon ....... So get ready to LOAD EM UP AND MOVE EM OUT when we get to that one-- it looks CHALLENGING to say the least .

Hi all, I got my yarn the other day. I really wanted to use Ecru and tan like Pagan's pic but all the tan colored yarn at Michael's looked off somehow so I choose the colors from the leaflet, beige and light green. I still might run over to JoAnn's to see what they have - can't seem to settle on a winning combination...arg! :(

I'm glad you didn't wait for me, Julie, I seem to be getting side-tracked from 63 Squares, shame on me! :eek

I hope to work with dh this weekend and come up with a button for this unless someone else is dying to make a button. :)

Hi, In case you're wondering, I am using up the scraps of yarn that live next to my chair. I'm challenging myself not to break into any unopened skeins.I have some beautiful Dusty Teal but I think I want to make a shawl or capelet with it.

I've made this afghan 8 times already and since I already have one done in neutrals, I thought I'd get creative with this one. I'll sc it together on the front side with a neutral color.

PaganBaby69

Archived