Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.

Well it's just barely still morning lol

I'm up and had something to eat and working nt around here a bit is all. Nothing much really planned today. Hope your days it going to be calm and peaceful today!! Little stiffed up today although there was a light frost last.night so hoping soo. For a good frost to kill my allergies lol.

Oops I'll. E beach there goes the dryer. Later all.

Carol and Linda what is it with these guys? dh does not allow me to be sick either. No matter how bad I feel I know I somehow have to hold it together long enough to feed him. I swear he would starve to death with the refrigerator and cabinets full of food "because he doesnt know where anything is".

Its been a busy week. Wed was dh's birthday. We picked up our glasses This year I can see like I am supposed to with the new ones after struggling with a pair for a year because "my brain needed to adjust." We went to the zoo for awhile and then I treated dh to linner as Mary Jo coined it at Jumpin Catfish. Thurs we both had dental appointments in the morning. I had been worrying about whether he would finish the root canal or if it would lead to other things as my tooth hurt for exactly a week after the procedure as one sis is having a horrible time right now with one of hers. He said that was normal since the infection was down in the bone and finished me up. Then we are told Tues the lawyer wanted all 4 of us sisters at his office at 430pm Thurs to sign papers so we stayed in the city otherwise we would have been on the road 4 hours instead of 2 going back and forth. That sure wasnt much notice and one sis lives 4 hours away. This was because stepmom didnt get in and sign the first papers in a timely fashion so judge wouldnt accept the papers and lawyer is having to start over and go another route. She promised him she will sign the one last paper he will email her in Nov and get it emailed back to him on time as she will be in FL. I hope so but taking care of things in a timely fashion just isnt in her character even if its to her benefit let alone something like this. We are so ready for all this to end.

Ran out to to Walgreens for a couple things then grabbed a couple burgers and fries in my way home and here we are again home and in for the day. Feeling blah today but this too shall pass. I just took a benedryl so will make me tired here shortly so I'll go for now see ya later all.

Carol and Linda what is it with these guys? dh does not allow me to be sick either. No matter how bad I feel I know I somehow have to hold it together long enough to feed him. I swear he would starve to death with the refrigerator and cabinets full of food "because he doesnt know where anything is".

Its been a busy week. Wed was dh's birthday. We picked up our glasses This year I can see like I am supposed to with the new ones after struggling with a pair for a year because "my brain needed to adjust." We went to the zoo for awhile and then I treated dh to linner as Mary Jo coined it at Jumpin Catfish. Thurs we both had dental appointments in the morning. I had been worrying about whether he would finish the root canal or if it would lead to other things as my tooth hurt for exactly a week after the procedure as one sis is having a horrible time right now with one of hers. He said that was normal since the infection was down in the bone and finished me up. Then we are told Tues the lawyer wanted all 4 of us sisters at his office at 430pm Thurs to sign papers so we stayed in the city otherwise we would have been on the road 4 hours instead of 2 going back and forth. That sure wasnt much notice and one sis lives 4 hours away. This was because stepmom didnt get in and sign the first papers in a timely fashion so judge wouldnt accept the papers and lawyer is having to start over and go another route. She promised him she will sign the one last paper he will email her in Nov and get it emailed back to him on time as she will be in FL. I hope so but taking care of things in a timely fashion just isnt in her character even if its to her benefit let alone something like this. We are so ready for all this to end.

Oh,I love catfish,thats what I get at Cracker Barrell

glad you can see better.I do hope she gets it back to him in a timely manner,so you can be done with it.

oh I know thats a joke,but sometimes I say to him,Don't you live here too,you're not just visiting,when he claims he doesn't know where anything is

Hello all.

Good Morning!

Hubby is home for the weekend. Today will go get dog food and pay a few bills.

Then back home we will come and I will crochet on the mermaid tail. I finished one and now on my second one.

I love those mermaid tails. I must make one sometime! :)

Morning all! No school for the boys again today. I think i might put on some nice clothes on the kids and try to go take pictures of theme somewhere! Just to find the right place!

I used to take so many pictures! I don't take as many as I used to. I had rolls and rolls of film to develop! Digital makes it so much easier.

Oh,I love catfish,thats what I get at Cracker Barrell

glad you can see better.I do hope she gets it back to him in a timely manner,so you can be done with it.

oh I know thats a joke,but sometimes I say to him,Don't you live here too,you're not just visiting,when he claims he doesn't know where anything is

Catfish is awesome. Yum.

Yes, it is just easier for me to do things myself as if Mr Tribble is nice and decides to cook he has to ask me how much of this, how long for that, where is this and so on. LOL. I guess they don't put directions on the boxes for the food in our kitchen. :lol

Have a great night all! :ghug

Good Morning Ladies.

Jessica, I hope you got some good pictures of the kids yesterday and had fun doing it.

Brenda, I'm sorry things are dragging out so long, I hope everyone does their part in a timely manner this time.

Katie, I hope you're feeling better.

We made the trip to the grocery store yesterday, my daughter went with me ane we made a quick stop at Starbucks on the way to get nourishment for our expedition. The trip didn't take too long and my daughter was feeling ok except for some pain. Then we came home and I cleaned out the refrigerator, did a couple loads of laundry and cooked dinner. My daughter kept telling me I didn't have to do things but I know they were things that would be difficult for her to do and she was very appreciative that I did them. I woke up to 68 degrees this morning, I think fall has arrived in south Florida. I don't think we have any plans today so we'll probably just hang around the house and take it easy.

Have a great day everyone.

Yesterday was a lost day.  I was up at 6 as we had an 8 AM appointment for the pace maker clinic.  DH's pacemaker is good for another 4 1/2 years.

After that we went to the grocery store.

I love catfish and flounder.  Unfortunately flounder is $13.99 a pound here.  Can you believe that?  I almost fell over and asked they guy if they cook it and server it also for that price.

Hope everyone is feeling better and Brenda, I do hope this is over for you soon.

We are in the middle of a cold front here and they are say hi 50's tomorrow.  Time to get out the sweat pants.

Ah Carol.  The best way to put a smile on  a face is either by bringing in a dog or a baby.  I remember working and we would stop if someone brought in their kids.

I am finally catching up on what I want to do, so I am off to do some crocheting.

Have a great day everyone.

the good Morning wake up is traveling up the east coast,Good Morning All

slept great,after a tense day yesterday with feeding tube failure while trying to make a call on his behalf,I just yelled to him,CLAMP IT,which he did,then cleaned up the mess after I got off the phone,what doesn't kill you,make you stronger,right?

not much going on today,might do laundry today and just have ironing tomorrow.

We had a 25 degree drop in temps,from 85 to 60,just wish it would stay cool,but next week will be in the mid 70's

well have a wonderful day everyone

Morning everyone.

One of those days huh.

I am better I think must have been a combination my allergy and blah ness. still feeling blah but this too shall pass I'm sure.

went to get some idunno what he called them some brackets or something to fix.a Low hanging gutter on the north side of the house so he wil. Be gone a while.

. MEnards is HIS Hobby Lobby lol. He loses track of time drooling over things just llike I do in a craft store!

Little chilly out this am but the sun is shining and it's going to. Be a beautiful fallish day today!

I seldom even have the. Tv on Anymore for lack of something worth watching anymore. So it is quiet here for now. Gives me a quiet time to figure out what I'll do today lol. I think we had planned on shampooing the laundry room and hallway but not sure that is going to happen lol. We'll see. I gotta ask though of you savvy people out there do all tablets out there come with full keyboards or split up like the iPad's you know numbers on one keyboard. And letters on another?? Just wondering cause that is one of the things I hate about the iPad too.

It takes four or five flipping back and forth just to type a contraction!!! Like I've. Oops that took 6. Sheesh see what I mean so I have gotten lazy and just let it ride the way it comes out lol

All for now more later on have a good one.

Got my plane ticket and motel room along with my conference tickets for February booked. Everything is ready, except I need to get a small suitcase. 

I used HotWire.Com for the plane/motel room & paid $522 for both and that's even round trip for the plane, so that wasn't so bad. Less than I would have paid seperately. Now I'm counting down the days because I so enjoyed myself last year while at conference! And I don't have to deal with people up drinking, partying and yelling all night like I did last year. It was 4am and they were just going to sleep and I was supposed to be at the air port at 7 and they woke me up. It was pretty rude, so I'm pretty excited to have a room to myself and a KING size bed that I get to myself! No sharing with Rosalie and Rc!! LOL!. 

Now to plan a project to take on the plane with me and to work on, on the evenings I don't have to be at the Arena.

Oh Linda the translation come today and I was right. It is a confirmation of my granfather or great grandfather!! Interesting and very old thank you and to your sis in law for. Job well done. I could never really find much on my dads side to search with. And this will. Help. Coming from Germany I can't understand why they went so far north as Wisconsin as my dad was born there. Thank you both I appreciate it greatly.

TAmpa new eyes lucky you lol are they trfo als or just bfocals. I have both but could never get used to them lol. And where has Brenda ran off too lol.

Where is it again you are going in I. Feb Jess I don't remember. Glad to hear you are all set though ! And how are the rest of you ladies?? Carol so glad daughter is better. Hi SNowbear and all of you out there're

I'm tired again now and plenty warm as is why I got up I was freezing lol. So will say mightie night for now and catch you all tomorrow ok. Have a good night!!

I did some research,the Germans first settled in the East,but when land become scarce they moved to Wisconsin,they liked the land and climate,some areas of Germany are mountainous and get lots of snow.Thinking back to Sound Of Music,the real Von Trapp family,when they came to America,they chose Vermont to live,similiar to the area of Bavaria that they left.

Snowbear

I want to get exact measurement on ingredients for you,I've made it so many times,but I couldn't say what size jar it is,or the size of the bag of broccoli without looking at it,it will be in a day or so.

We've had a long couple of weeks here. Alicia is feeling better. We're doing some testing to try to figure out what's happening with her tummy, but don't have any answers yet. Next up is a couple of ultrasounds.

I'm worn out! Lots of stress and worrying.

Good Morning.

Howieann,  I hope you get some answers soon.

Jessica, glad you've got your plans all made.

I'm up before everyone else as usual, so I'm enjoying the quiet and my coffee. The temp is 63 right now, I would need a sweater if I were heading out of the house. I will be heading home later today which is making me a little nervous about leaving my daughter with the baby, I just need to trust that she'll be ok and that my son-in-law will take of the baby so my daughter doesn't over do. I'll come check on them after work tomorrow and my other daughter and grandkids will be here too so I'll get to have some fun with everyone. Guess that's about it for me. Have a great da everyone.

Good Morning.  In the low 50's this morning and not suppose to get to 80 today.  Feels good for a change. 

Not much going on today. 

Hope everyone is well.

Big Hugs for the day. :ghug 

Hi all.

So sorry about you Alicia holly hope the figure it out soon.

And Carol I'm sure you dd will gets plenty of help she will do fine.

Tampa is having a pleasant morning as it sounds delightful weather wise. Chilly here a bit but sun is shinning bright. I notice most of our little birds for breakfast have mostly disappeared south I guess We still have a few robins and a pair of jays and I saw the cardinals the other day but all those tiny birds that came in droves don come anymore. They all moved south for the winter I guess. Good for them as they wouldn't make it here in the dead of winter. I don't know how any birds make it through winter at all but they do

Quiet here today no one seems to be moving about much out there lol.

Yesterday two of my sisters and a niece went to The Cheesecake Factory on The Plaza (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Club_Plaza) for dh's birthday. We had a really good time. They shared more about stepmoms shenanigans with me (but at least now I dont get near as upset and I can laugh a bit because I am hearing that her plan to stay with her kids and friends instead of having her own place is not working out very well. In her master plan she was really counting on using my sister and me for hotel and laundry service as well). Sat evening we went to Pumpkins on Parade at a park----so many jack o lanterns all carved and donated by families, businesses, schools, churches, boy and girl scouts etc. Its quite a sight. I am glad they started a park and ride over at Sutherlands as its popularity has grown so much that its very congested near the park and parking is limited. Today dh got his birthday Planet Sub so I think he has made good use of all his birthday freebies.

Mary Jo hope your teams all win today.

Sandra I hope dh's new job is working out. The long commutes are hard. Dh spends 3 hours each day commuting back and forth to work. He drives 40 minutes to a park and ride and then takes the bus downtown. I guess he didnt mind it so much 35 years ago but its hard now.

Carol hoping your daughter's dh doesnt let her over do it when you leave. I bet your grandkids are excited about their costumes and Halloween.

Katy we are excited that a Menards will be opening soon in our realm of travels. There is one in St.Jo and one just far enough south that we have never got to go inside one yet. I see their commercials on tv and have wanted to go in one for years. I used to really enjoy perusing hardware stores until dh and I hit a period where we were having to spend too much time in the plumbing aisle.

When we were sorting through dads tools I was the one telling my nephew and sisters "thats a plumbing tool" and how it was used. I always liked seeing what new tools, gadgets and products that were out there to fix things and make projects easier. I am the one with new glasses and am so happy they got it right this year. The tooth is still a little tender at times but its so much better than its been for the past 6 months but that should soon pass---I hope.

Linda I do not know how you are able to make those bird nests. I cant quite seem to handle 3 strands. I am working on a throw for my niece with two and its making my hands tired and ache.

Have you all heard that next summer we will have a solar eclipse and a prime place to view it will be between KC and St Joseph MO? I have a friend in CA that belongs to an astronomy club and their club plans on coming here to view it.

I had to chuckle at myself,my first thought was it from all the bowling that built up the wrist over the years,then ,I  stopped and thought a moment,

hey wait,I'm a left handed bowler and a right handed crocheter,it just comes easy to me

Well baked a butter pecan cake for desert tonight even though I didn't feel like doing it lol but it is cooling now. HAndy is out doing that gutter thing I think first time he has been.on a ladder since this problem with his hip/muscle/nerve thing so acupuncture is helping II guess. It's supposed to stimulate the nerve and muscles to strengthen them?? Is how I understand it I. Not sure really but hey if it's working keep doing it lol.

I'm stuffed up and still feeling blah not li,d eating at all but I suppose I should eat a piece of toast soon to have something in the tummy.

Oh Bgs you both always seen to have fun weekends glad you got to spend some time with family as well and glad too for your new seeing eyes and a tooth that is healing !,

I am wondering too about you Linda and how l ong you can keep all this up You have so many that depend on you. I feel sometimes like running away for you. I know we all do what we have to do right. I hear that.

Cake was good. Had half of a half piece but no harm done as handy had three pieces so it all evened lol he made a good pot of spaghettie and h e even made pretty good meatballs but there again just couldn't you know. I did have half a meat ball to taste them lol

Just got out of a hot shower and although I feel a bitIt more human I still don't feel great you know.

I'm hoping those chills and fever do not come tonight. So been reading a bit and watching crap on tt. And resting in bed pretty much today.

Ok well hope you are are well and healing. Peaceful night for you all night.

Archived