Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hi all!

Job so far has been great. They love him and have heard nothing but good so far. The owner is really impressed with hubby..

SO fingers crossed. He also loves being there. Just can't stand being away from home. Will get through this.

My sister surprised me with a visit. It was so good to see her and brother in law. He helped hubby fixing a few hints on the cars. That was so nice and saved money..

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI all.

Still feeling rather poorly an I'm trying to wish it away fast I don't feel like doing anything just sitting g or lying down is what my day. has been. I must have caught somebody's something at Walgreens as it is the only place I was in I. The past few days Hey I am not even drinking Diet Coke so you know I. Si ck haha. Maybe tomorrow will be better huh.

Soryy about bubba hope he recovers quickly SNowbear

Had my toast earlier and that is it just don't want food at all if we have any soup I might have handy. Fix me a small. bowl. for. Supper later. I know he has a pork roasting I can smell it but I won't want any of that am sure

I can hardly stand the smell of it now. I'm not sick to my stomache but certainly NOT wanting food. I feel like crying but that will just make my sinus' worse. so I don't and I just don't know what it is I have. Praying daily for it to soon pass. MY head feels full and I'm hot or cold all the time and weak every muscle every joint every nerve and every organ seems to hurt. Keep your fingers crossed for a quick recovery. I. Faithfully taking Ibprofen and or alternating those with aspirin and I have mucinex nasal spray and some one a day allergy pills and as always drinking plenty of fluids. Just resting most of the time.

Every day I will Improve I am hoping.

Other than that nothing new going on. I guess handy ran about 6 foot or so short of the guttering but the rest is all new now. So let it rain huh.

Glad to hear owlvamp that the job is going good for hubby. I hope he continues doing well I. It.

Must be a relief for you as well. IT helps too if you like what you do.

Well tired now headed in to rest see ya all later hopefully.

Rosalie and I went this morning to get groceries after I got the dinner menu for this week planned out. 

Monday is Baked Lemon Chicken with Steamed Broccoli & Mashed Taters

Tuesday is Pork Carnita Taco's with Black Beans & Rice

Wednesday is Chili

Thursday is a breakfast casserole in the crock pot 

Friday, I don't know if I wrote anything down because we typically go out to dinner on Friday's! 

I got all these ideas minus Chili (which I get done in 30 minutes) from Pinterest. 

Finished off the round ripple afghan and got it in the mail. It should be in Florida at it's destination Wednesday! I think tomorrow I'll go get baby girl some new toys & stuff and mail that, so she can receive them on Thursday which is her first birthday - already! I can't believe it! 

post-46820-0-42761600-1477334748_thumb.jpg

I guess I forgot to add that now I'm working on a Basic Granny Square afghan for a 1 1/2 little guy because recently he and his brother have started arguing over big brothers favorite green & blue afghan - yet it's turned out to be both of their favorites. So mommy requested another green and blue that's "holey" and since I can't figure out what stitches were used in the original, I'm going to do this one so it will be a bit different for little guy yet same color scheme. 

Hey folks, having a great time on vacation. The Balsam Mountain Inn where we are staying ( you should google it) is lovely! a 100 ft long porch where my best friend and I sit and crochet and sip Sweet Tea...  We are having a great time, There are no TV's here and internet is sparse  so that is why I am uploading now....

Be back home on Thursday!!

Hey folks, having a great time on vacation. The Balsam Mountain Inn where we are staying ( you should google it) is lovely! a 100 ft long porch where my best friend and I sit and crochet and sip Sweet Tea...  We are having a great time, There are no TV's here and internet is sparse  so that is why I am uploading now....

went and read up on it,sounds like a wonderful get away from technology

Good Morning.

Snowbear sorry to hear about Bubba, prayers coming your way.

Jessicicali so glad you got the room and everything straightened out.  Love the round afghan.  It is so pretty. Loved the story about the brother's fighting over the afghan. Gave me my first laugh of the day.

Owlvamp great news on the job and that all is going well.

I feel like I have been gone for a month or more, not just a week.

Katy I do hope you are feeling better soon, but maybe you should go see your Dr.?

I have been getting the tote ready to go on it's trip, just waiting for the address.  I will post pictures come Friday.  I have been working on a Santa village and will stop to make a Christmas Tree to go with it.

Well off to see what the rest of the Ville is doing.  Have a great day and big hugs.

Katy hope you are feeling better. Sounds like a nasty flu bug.

Snowbear prayers for your nephew Bubba.

Lea sounds like you are having a nice time.

Jessica I like the spider web afghan.

We spent yesterday prepping for winter--- cleaned flipped and covered the bowl on the birdbath, set up scaffolding and cleaned the chimney and stove pipe, cleaned gutters, and cleaned mud dauber nests and spider webs off of house as they attract the woodpeckers.

That looks gorgeous! Glad you're having a great time! I have it on my bucket list to visit North Carolina sometime. Not entirely sure when that will happen, other than my 1 hour layover in February in Charlotte lol. I want to go to The Outer Banks, where most of Nicholas Sparks' books are based, yet also visit some of the gem and gold mines there too. We almost did the mines in July when we were headed back to Kansas City from Vacationing near Venice Florida, but decided against it because out of the blue Rc got scheduled an important meeting for his business. 

Hi all

Well I'm here. My night wasn't too good but maybe I will nap a little later. I'm maybe a little better but last night y stomach felt as if it was devouring itself so I got up and forced a piece of bread down drank some water and went and laid back down again. I'm going to try some soup today with crackers maybe but nothing heavy at all. Cottage cheese and or gator aide would. E ok maybe ha dh will pick that up on his way ho e from therapy today. So that is going to be my day I guess. Gosh Brenda you were busy sheesh. And Tampa welcome back. Hope you get the new totes addy soon lol.

Well I'll try to come back later on Mitch make some soup now. Take care and don't catch this it is nasty stuff.

I have a stupid question.  Does anyone know the size of a child's watch band?  I mean with the watch included.  How about the size of the wrist?  No little ones here, so I need help.

Just got out of a hot shower and although I feel a bitIt more human I still don't feel great you know.

Katy, I hope you are feeling better this evening.

Hi all!

Job so far has been great. They love him and have heard nothing but good so far. The owner is really impressed with hubby..

SO fingers crossed. He also loves being there. Just can't stand being away from home. Will get through this.

My sister surprised me with a visit. It was so good to see her and brother in law. He helped hubby fixing a few hints on the cars. That was so nice and saved money..

Glad job is going so well! It's always nice when you like your job.

Hey, My nephew and family needs prayers. Today my Nephew "Bubba" age 42 had a stroke. He is in bad shape. Could you all pray that he gets better. Thanks.

My thoughts are with you snowbear.

Rosalie and I went this morning to get groceries after I got the dinner menu for this week planned out. 

Monday is Baked Lemon Chicken with Steamed Broccoli & Mashed Taters

Tuesday is Pork Carnita Taco's with Black Beans & Rice

Wednesday is Chili

Thursday is a breakfast casserole in the crock pot 

Friday, I don't know if I wrote anything down because we typically go out to dinner on Friday's! 

I got all these ideas minus Chili (which I get done in 30 minutes) from Pinterest. 

Finished off the round ripple afghan and got it in the mail. It should be in Florida at it's destination Wednesday! I think tomorrow I'll go get baby girl some new toys & stuff and mail that, so she can receive them on Thursday which is her first birthday - already! I can't believe it! 

attachicon.gifMaliah Afghan 1.jpg

Sounds yummy and that afghan is beautiful...

Had a Dr's appointment in Columbus yesterday so didn't get home until around 9pm. Little Tribble was not impressed cause 9:30 is his bedtime. He sat today and read a whole smurf book to Freya (one of our dogs) I will have to post a picture. Other than that Got some cleaning done and am working tonight. Then I don't come back to work until the weekend. I prefer working weekends so am happy about the weekend instead of more days through the week.

Had potato soup the last couple of days. I made a crock pot full and it lasted three meals. Was the first time I've tried this recipe, it was outstanding! Going to have to make it again soon. Thinking of trying a corn chowder recipe next week. We use our crock pot a lot. I've been making a full pot of soup each week for the past month. Yum!!!

have a great night all!!

I'm about a month behind on mine because I've been concentrating on birthday presents for my girls.

Wow Daphne's I love homemeDe potato soup and was wondering well since I'm sick and alllllLOL. Can you put some in a puffy for me!!! Lol. Does sound good thought I had a small bowl iPod cream of chicken and a few crackers for breakfast then a little cottage cheese for lunch with and kinda nibbled o. A piece of pork chop for supper but food is still not tasting right so I still do t want to it but force myself.

I did manage a shower today and will attempt with handys help to change the bed tomorrow.

I a. Drinking Gatorade in addition to water too and I think that is helping too. I feel more onthemend than I have so I will take it lol. Hope tomorrow I hope to improve.see. now Mari jo you have. Pm from me.

Wow Daphne's I love homemeDe potato soup and was wondering well since I'm sick and alllllLOL. Can you put some in a puffy for me!!! Lol. Does sound good thought I had a small bowl iPod cream of chicken and a few crackers for breakfast then a little cottage cheese for lunch with and kinda nibbled o. A piece of pork chop for supper but food is still not tasting right so I still do t want to it but force myself.

I did manage a shower today and will attempt with handys help to change the bed tomorrow.

I a. Drinking Gatorade in addition to water too and I think that is helping too. I feel more onthemend than I have so I will take it lol. Hope tomorrow I hope to improve.see. now Mari jo you have. Pm from me.

I wish I could puffy some to you!!! Heal quickly! :ghug

Can you share the recipe for the potato soup? I also love potato soup. One of my favorites.

Good night all.

I sure can  :yes  I doubled this recipe. It was so easy. I'd only ever made potato soup the way my mom made it. I like this soup much better.

1 onion

cubed potatoes

1 8 oz package cream cheese

1 32 oz chicken stock

1 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup (condensed)

salt and pepper to taste

Bacon bits (optional)

Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)

1. Put potatoes, onion, chicken stock and cream of chicken soup, 1/2 of the bacon bits, salt and pepper in crock pot. Cook on High for at least 8 hours or until your potatoes are soft.

2. One hour before serving add your cream cheese and stir throughout the hour with a whisk (the soup will thicken once the cream cheese is added)

3. Serve with Cheddar cheese and bacon bits on top.

Good Morning to everyone.

I do hope this day finds everyone feeling a lot better.

Thanks Kathie, I appreciate the help.

Had a good weekend with all my teams, and last night our Hockey team won, so we are very happy this week.

I have one more figure finished in my Santa Village and working on the next. 

Off to see what trouble I can get into.

Have a fun and healthy day.  Hugs to everyone.

Oh glum you dank day and I'm not feeling much improved but had my toast and some gator juice so so that soon should help.

You're certainly welcome Mary Jo. . Linda and Carol and Jessica hello I'm a bit off these days but I'm trying to get better soon. So today taking it easy and resting around I. So sick of this. Ok more later I hope to make it back later.

Katie, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. I must have missed what is wrong. Do you just have a bad cold, flu or something else? 

Daphne, Thanks for sharing that recipe! I love potato soup, but I'm not sure if anyone else in the house will like it. Rc doesn't much care for soup of any kind so he's a difficult one to cook for during the winter because I enjoy soup so much! 

It's kind of gloomy today, I assume it rained last night, everything is looking damn and wet. I need to run to the post office at some point today, but as of right now, I'm just waiting on Miss Rosalie to wake up. She still has about 45 minutes until she normally wakes up.. She's definitely my late sleeper and sleeps to anywhere from 9:30 - 10:00 am. She's going to have to change this when she starts school (which I think will be next school year, unless she gets in come January.)

I've gotten quite further on the never ending granny square afghan that I'm working on, and I told the boys' momma that I'd have it done by this weekend. I'm not sure how big to make it, because little one is only 18 months or so but they both carry their blankets around all the time and are always sleeping with them. I think maybe 36x36 would be a good size, since they don't cover up with them, they just cuddle with them! 

Archived