Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiarlene good to see you back and working  away your flowers sound very nice and i wish h we could see them too    good luck at your show let  us know how you do 0k  

question for you do you still do plastic anvas things??

checking out for the night everyone have a good one      :ghug

Good Morning.

Sun is out today, but for how long who knows.

Glad to see Snowbear is ok.

Not much going on here.

You know every morning I go thru the list of Birthday's for the day and it is amazing how many of our friends have left. 

Well off to do the wash.

yeah mary jo i know and it saddens me but you know it will always be that people come and people go i guess  i miss them all as it feels to me like we have lost a friend  in them all  

''here is a good page on the bird nest charity for any that are interested in making any or need the addy  to mail them to     http://bevscountrycottage.com/nest.html and pics of them plus a pattern i think  

i may do a few up today they are quick and easy and do so much good and the baby birds dont care what color or colors they are lol  

well we got mowed today  the reason being for the not mowing was apparently that the grass went sort of dormant  due to that heat wave t so it didnt grow too much but that little bit of rain helped a lot and it is looking better now all freshly mowed  oh and that was at 730 am lol but i didnt mind i was awake bout then anyway   and it is cooler in the am for that   

it is all overcast and gloomy as is the forecast for today  but no rain they say  

alls well with the kitties today  mini snores lol so does maxi at times  mini is still eating well and i swear i dont know where she puts it all  she has maybe gained an ounce or so is all i can tell but she is healthy so just growing i guess

we think she was out there longer than just the few days we were aware of and was pretty run down and dehydrated too  she is recooping nicely now   a fav place of hers to sleep in on the top of the washer or dryer as it is up high and maxi wont jump up there  or cant so she feels safe  i guess  

well friends im off to start my day and have a few things on the list to do so ill talk to you all again a bit later and as always the hooks are calling out dont forget us      lol later have a great day   !!:ghug

good afternoon

one week our lawn went dormant during the high 90's

Owlvamp,I can certainly sympathize,both Rene' and I are pack-rats,we have been doing major purges recently

have a great day everyone

Arlene your work sounds lovely.  

Yesterday It was one band of storms after another all day long, some with heavy rainfall. Another 7 to 8 inches in a short time so once again there was flash flooding.  We hadnt dried out yet from the last 8 inches 10 days ago.

Katy, Linda I have yet to make one of those nests.  I have tried a few times but have given up because it was such a struggle dealing with three strands on the hook I was using.

Hello,

How is everyone?

I went to church this morning and ran a couple of errands and then home to take a sinus/allergy pill and stay inside, it's really breezy here and it's messing with my sinuses. So I am enjoying an afternoon of Hallmark Mysteries and crocheting. I hope everyone enjoys their day.

hi all yeah 3 strands too much for me too i only used one strand on these i made today cause i forgot about the double strand till you mentioned it  i will post pics tomorrow of the few i have have made so far i think since they are sc they should be ok  they seem thick   i just did maybe four  this aft is all  passed some time i guess  

well everyone have  a good evening and ill see ya tomorrow ok   

Drop in to say Hi and show you a 12 x 12 c2c square I have just finished.

This is Ariel and I plan on doing all the Disney Princesses or Princesses and their Villains.

Ariel.JPG

Katy the dog mats I make for my niece using 2 strands, hdc with an H hook are hard enough for me to do.  They are pretty thick and solid though.  

Carol school starts here next week so I imagine you will be starting back soon too.

Mary Jo cute block.  I like seeing that there are 12 inch c2c blocks out there.

Hoping everyone has a good day.

Here is an e-mail I think you will all like to see.  I e-mailed Terri and she got back to me.  I have posted it in 3 places, trying to remember where everyone came from.

It will be posted here, Encouragement for gift giving and the comfortghan for Terri:

Thank you for thinking of me.

A HUGE Thank you to the ladies for the blanket.  It's awesome!!

Tulsa got hit early sunday morning with an f2 tornado.  We got the rain from it.

Kids are moved in now.  Sure is nice having someone here with me at night.  That is my downfall.

I'll try and get on C'Ville this week.  Things have settled down now.

Hugs,

Terri

aww thank you for posting that mj  im glad she is doing better and is not alone   

beautidul square love it    ariel is a fav of mine lol  when jen was younger it was all the rage so i made her a swatshirt and a skirt and

pants from  the printed material  she loved them and wore them out long before she grew out of them lol  (yes katie sewed 

way back in the day lol )|

i still have a box full of 12 by 12 squares to embroider too and all the threads   supposed to be a quilt

top  had a neighbor that was going to do the batting and back for me too

but ahe moved away a year or two ago so havent done thhat either lol most of my plastic canvass went in the mail to different folks and dont do that anymore

but i still have a couple plastic canvas booklets if anyone is interested let me know  ok all for now im going to go fold laundry lol  later friends  :ghug

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/katydid8090/media/bWVkaWFJZDo3Njk1ODE0MQ==/?ref=1

link to those mini stockings i made with the fancyfur on  them brenda   not as long ago as i thought 2008 lol  but i madesome way before then too   lol  

good morning

second day of mall walking for a mile,my legs are moving but I'm not feeling them,hopefully it gets better and I get back to my 15 minute mile instead of 30 minute mile

have a great day everyone

Good Morning.  Got the morning started off late this morning.

Went out for the paper and HOT, HOT, Hot.

Got a little rain last night, but not much.

Take care everyone who is getting all the rain and bad storms.

Hugs, to all.:hug

hi yyou squares  wow lynda good job walking i thinking about a stationsry tread/wlker for myself we will see used to have one sold it for 100 bucks now i could use it lol

crappy night last night didnt sleep much but will tonight i bet

decided i will send those single strand nests along but make them now double strand if my hands can stand it lol  

got a couple one color squares done today and that is about all i have accomplished so far lol but the day is still young huh!!  happy bday to my older sis in idaho TOO !!

she doesnt come here but i felt better saying it lol i think she doesnt even use a computer honestly  

so ill call her tomorrow on her real bday LOL A day ahead of myself i guess  ll lunch shoul be here soo i think ill fix a tuna on toast sandwich and an apple lol sounds good to me anyway  ok ok well everyone take care ill be back a bit later   till then  :ghugoh here is that pattern both crochet and knit for the birdie nests    

http://vbspcawildlife.com/node/10 see ya soon   

Good Morning. 

Getting my yarn today sometime and I can get back to my Princess afghan.

We have a screen house around the pool.  I sit and watch the birds in the morning while I drink my coffee and check out the Ville.  This morning there was a female cardinal trying to get past the screen house to the pool.  First she was just standing there looking at the pool, then she started to fly into the screen house.  I had to go out and shoo her away.  I then put water in the bird baths and have not see her since.  Go figure.

Have fun today.

wow pineknot 8 is a handful huh  sandra qre you making the 12 inc h squares you ned as well? how many do you have now  i forgot how many you needed     

tampa that cardinal wanted to go for a dip lol  have you tried Hersners yarn super 8 i think it is called i think  that is very similar to ss i think  i have a few colors in that but they are in my ckoset lol  one day she says one day closet you will get yours!!

well i made some double strand nests today  hard on my thumbs and wrists so maybe that is the end of that i dont really know yet you know  '

i used the hand vac in my craft room?mini's hide out and she didnt flee the premises so maybe its just max i hope  his hearing is so good once he heard a butterfly pass gas across the street with the windows closed!!   lol forgive me~!!!

ill post

the two strand nests tomorrow my cam is almost out of batteries i was lucky to even get a pic but i did post th single strand ones on the show us you donations thread !!   

handy is putting a shut off in  someones  bathroom so me and the cats lol  they are both asleep though  

sticky here today rain must be on the agenda tonight  

mid aug korea says will attack guam by mid aug   this should scare us all   

well we ate early cos he had that  bath thing to take car of  i had a small chunk of steak   as i just dont have the taste much for meat anymore but i had a good salad  and some jello so im good  

sister that lives in iowa just across the river well her other lesser than half is in the hospital  dont know anything else yet so for her sake i hope every thing tuns out ok  they are very codependant and she does more for him than the opposite so  i dunno hope she is ok tonight alone there  shee doesnt even have any cats anymore for company  her last two were old and got sick and died about 8 mos or so ago

well thats it for npw everyonr have a stress free easy going evening please  :manyheart  

Archived