Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Howieann glad you checked in and that your eyes were ok. Goodness your girls are really growing up.  Hoping dh's surgery goes well and wishing him a speedy recovery.  

Katy stuff happens every where.  You just don't know what is going to happen when you let people into your house or let your purse out of your sight in other people's homes.  We had instances at work too. I had a coworker's son that got hooked on drugs and when he would visit her at the hospital if the opportunity presented itself he would go through drawers and cabinets looking for our purses.  Of course we didn't know the who at the time.  I was lucky and not robbed.   I bought a lock to put on a cabinet when I was there to lock mine up.  He also went through family members' purses one year when they were there for Christmas.  Now I don't take my purse into people's homes and lay them on the bed.  I either leave it in the car or keep it where I can watch it.   Sorry your daughter had to deal with this but very glad the couple reported it and the suspect was found.  

Mary Jo looking forward to the goblin outfit.  Just thinking about it makes me happy.  I love the fall stuff---pumpkins and Halloween.

Linda tell Rene' if she doesn't already know it that another stocking along has started.   I have 9 stockings made so far and squares for 3 more done.  

Storms rolled through this morning and it sounds like another batch is coming.  

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for asking Katy

that north and west of us by 2 hrs,I've never been there,the closest we came to there was Skylar Va.where they filmed Walton's Mountain,thats a really cozy mountain area

4 hours ago, bgs said:

Howieann glad you checked in and that your eyes were ok. Goodness your girls are really growing up.  Hoping dh's surgery goes well and wishing him a speedy recovery.  

Katy stuff happens every where.  You just don't know what is going to happen when you let people into your house or let your purse out of your sight in other people's homes.  We had instances at work too. I had a coworker's son that got hooked on drugs and when he would visit her at the hospital if the opportunity presented itself he would go through drawers and cabinets looking for our purses.  Of course we didn't know the who at the time.  I was lucky and not robbed.   I bought a lock to put on a cabinet when I was there to lock mine up.  He also went through family members' purses one year when they were there for Christmas.  Now I don't take my purse into people's homes and lay them on the bed.  I either leave it in the car or keep it where I can watch it.   Sorry your daughter had to deal with this but very glad the couple reported it and the suspect was found.  

Mary Jo looking forward to the goblin outfit.  Just thinking about it makes me happy.  I love the fall stuff---pumpkins and Halloween.

Linda tell Rene' if she doesn't already know it that another stocking along has started.   I have 9 stockings made so far and squares for 3 more done.  

Storms rolled through this morning and it sounds like another batch is coming.  

just caught that post, she knows but thanks for mentioning it,cause sometimes we miss a day here and there

Hi!

I really wish my body would adjust to back to work schedule, I'm really tired today. PTA's surprise treat was chair massages and tea for everyone, it was wonderful! My classroom is all set up. Now  I need to get schedules set and work on lesson plans.

Have a great evening everyone.

good morning

day 2 of this oppressive humidity,could hardly lift one foot in front of the other this morning,just feel very draggy

time for a second cup of coffee and some cereal,enjoy the day

17 hours ago, cshort said:

Hi!

I really wish my body would adjust to back to work schedule, I'm really tired today. PTA's surprise treat was chair massages and tea for everyone, it was wonderful! My classroom is all set up. Now  I need to get schedules set and work on lesson plans.

Have a great evening everyone.

Wow! That sounds nice!!

well I just got caught up with everyone's news!! Sounds like you're all doing well.

Mary Jo, LOVE the princess squares!! Who ever gets that blanket will be lucky!! Also, thank you for making such a beautiful blanket for Terri.

Katy, Mini is just the adorable!!

not much else going on up here in NH. Kind of a lull where I go back and forth from getting school stuff done and loafing about the house for half the day. ? I've had a busy summer though! I went to a voice technique workshop where I learned how to sing better followed by an 8 day visit from my parents from NE and brother from Seattle. We had a blast!! Since then I've just been working my retail job and school work and loafing. School meetings start next week and school starts the following week.

Oh! But we do have some good news! My husband got an awesome job this summer that he actually enjoys and is a short commute. He had a really bad job that was 75 min away for a year! Ugh! AND we have a new nephew! His brother had a little boy who is just a cutie! Csection at 37 weeks but I guess he was ready! 8lbs12oz and 20 inches! He had some jaundice though so he had to go under the lamp and have a bibi blanket. My SIL went back to the hospital 4days after the birth with pre-eclampsia! That was a bit of a scare, but she's ok now. We'll get to meet him at Christmas. Can't wait!

Haven't been crocheting since my parents visit. I was making the new nephew a blanket but I put it away while the folks were visiting. Then after they left I was finishing a good book instead of hooking. 

Happy Thursday everyone!

hi charis  good to ctch up with you and yours  glad about the new job the new baby and the singing leessons good on you youre sure full of energy and ambition soyoiu go girl  always so nice to hear about others good accomplishments!! it is inspiring to all  

poor lynda all tuckered out  that humidity really does take a toll on our bodies for sure  so keep an  eye on it    

i have been this am rummaging through some booklets and stuff ill never use  just gonna send them to whom i think might make use of them ok  if you are one getting something and find you cant use it please feel free to pass it along to someone you think might ok  thanks!   They will go out next week sometime  no further notice  lol  it will be a surprise you maybe knew about  but not sure  of type of surprise ok ok!!  when i glanced through them i thought about each of them ooooh i bet fill in your name here ---- would like that and really use it   lol so if i mess up and send you out something that juat isnt you pass it on with my blessings ok   lol  does anyone make slippers ?? lol just asking lol or  purses or bags or totes?? ( i know of one tote maker lol) Dish clothes, pot holders or other things that my interest you to make   ???do tell lol

Mini is easing off the heat thing  her appetite is back and she quit attacking maxie now  poor maxie such a good boy   she still deep down meows now and then but nothing like she did at the start of it  i guess they can get cramps too just like some of us do ill have to have handy dig out the cat carrier before tuuesday and let her check that all out   ill miss her but they say she can go home the same day if she is not getting declawed and for us declawing is not a humane option for us  so we just prefer to get a couple cat scratching poles lol  

guess we can pick her up that same day   good they recover better at home anyway  just like us

with my two sister cats they went in heat at the same time so you think that was fun lol they both lived very long good lives 21 years and 22  years old

when they became kitty angels    Rip peepers and squeaky  l still love  and miss them both    

well lovlies that is all i got for right now ill come back a little later    :ghug 

Hello.

My day didn't start off the best but it seems to have gotten better. My tire pressure light came on when I was almost to work this morning so I looked at the tires when I got to work, the rear tire on the driver's side looked low so I drove to a gas station and put air in it. The light went off and I thought I was ok until I got back to school and saw a screw in the tire. I called my dad and he said to drive it home after work and he would plug it, which he did, hope that fixes the problem. So now I'm doing some laundry and then some stitching. Have a good evening!

Blech! That tire thing is annoying! When do you start back at school? I either didn't know you were a teacher or forgot, what do you teach?

Katy, I think my fav is doilies and snowflakes or anything thread really. Glad the kitty is doing better. Cats in heat give me the heeby-jeebies. I lived with a cat in college and she creeped me out when she was in heat, the weird noises. I'm not a pet person, can you tell? :lol I can appreciate them but not for me, plus now I'm apparently very allergic to cats. So I guess it's good that I'm not a pet person. Hah!

Good Morning everyone.

My how exciting everyone's life is.  My life is like a soap, you watch it then go away for a year, come back and you do not need to catch up. :rofl  It is peaceful and quite.

Pineknott welcome to Florida's world when it comes to Summer.  We had a low of 83 the other morning and that was at 6 AM.

Finished the goblin.  I would of made it in red with little horns instead of green, but it is a kit.  I am working on the last outfit a pumpkin dress, then I will get a picture of them all.

Well off to make breakfast and see what the day has in store for me.

my computer is acting up,couldn't get it to turn on till Bill came in after lunch,good thing I have e mails in my crochetville book,in case it goes black,I can still use his but not preferred anymore

hi alll  thays ok charis some people are ok without pets so no worries  we both have always  beeen pet people though  just for the record but its just not for dome you know  

hot here but good day for syain on the deck to dry lol  

mini is normal again and just in time too for her surgery on tuessday   they said they can still do it even if she is in heat but i thought it best to waitt as that is how we have always been told before lol  

cleaned out a bin drawer course both cats needed to supervise that deal lol  the bottom bin drawe was getting hard to open and heavy cos thar was my dont  know where else to put  this or ill put it where it belongs later drawer   my own lazy self huh

but extension cord got put in the tool cupboard and alergy meds back in the bath cupboard and  so on and so forth lol  the drawer now only holds things like a plasric container of assoerted rubber bands some extra rolls of clear packing tape and a jar lid from a jar andle that i used to hold some of my colored pencils for coloring oh and well i forget now but things i will actually use lol not junk  i feel better now  lol

well luch was left over chiken for me so tha

t is out of the way ha ha  sure cant wait to see the  pics mary jo    and ny life is rather  boring too but i always said when i worked that when my time came not to I would  do only those things i wanted to do so i am    i worked all my life doing other peoples things now is time for me no hustle or hurry to get anything done unless i feel like it lol so i am living the dream my dream and i am content doing it lol  for years something always came first and i felt sorta lt cheated  now i dont lol l  

Carol glad you saw the screw so you knew exactly what the problem is and thank goodness for a dad that could fix it for you.  

Charis glad you checked in.  I had been wondering about you.

I really like it when my life hits a boring period because too much excitement either way just wears me out and it seem that  more often than not the excitement in my life isn't the good kind.

Yesterday I finally got those 5 lapghans mailed off to W4W and the 50 six inch squares mailed off to the lady that assembles afghans for PRR.  Glad to have those cleared out.  I already have another envelope half full of squares and an envelope started for stockings for W4W.

Its hot and humid here.  May have storms off and on throughout the day.  We used to mostly get nice gentle rains but anymore all we get is horrible storms and too much rain too fast.  

Good Morning.

Wow it seems I just blink and another week is gone.

Today our friend is coming over to work in the yard.  He had hurt his back, so he had to cancel earlier in the week, but it is better now.

It is hot and humid and if you look to the west, the clouds are forming a beautiful pattern.  The other day when I went out to put the trash out, I saw a double rainbow.  It was really cool.

Well, off to get things ready for another exciting day in my life.  Yeah and I have swamp land in Florida I can sell you. :rofl

So glad the storms missed us last night as they were all around us.  Saw the really large hail on the news that some places got. The rain missed us too which is good so we will spend the day mowing.  Of course its going to be a hotter stickier ones out there today.  

My craft project yesterday was to make a shadow viewer from a cereal box to watch the eclipse just in case.  I have been saying all along it will most likely be cloudy and possibly raining  here at the time which is what the forecasts are saying.    It did seem to work though using the ceiling light in the kitchen.  At least they are going to show live coverage of it from various locations on tv which will be so much better than being stuck in gridlock on the highway.  

hello to all  yes i hear that about staying in to watch lol with a diet coke on thr table snd maybe a bowl of popcorn between us lol  glad you knew how to do that thing we used to do with the poster board and a hloe to see it but i probably like you say will stay in anyway lol

owl vamp i have some things for your winter drive charity that i will be sending off probably at the first part of next month so i will let you know when i post ok    

i am waiting to pay the spay nueter clinic befor i post abything else out or order any thinc else lol i think the hardesr part of her surgery is not feeding her tues morning and coaxing her into the cat carrier  lol  she is an eater to be sure shes going to be a big girl me thinks  my Cricket was female an started out small too but  grew into a big beauttiful calico and i have even called min min as she likes to be called by cricket by mistake  i have no further doubt anymore that she wouldnt weigh enough for the surgery but she is definately 2 pounds or over now  when she first came to us you could feel every vertabre in her spine  course im sure some of that was not only not eating regularly but dehydration as well   she has bounced back from the brink though really well and is on her way to big cat-hood  

lol   and a heathier cat-hood too !! 

all for now its lunch alreadyy  glad linda is out of the area that saw so much unrest    

Hello.

I was busy with my little granddaughter and didn't get here for a couple of days. The tire saga continued on Friday, the plug didn't seal it enough so yesterday the car went to the garage for a new tire. I think I'm ready for my students tomorrow and if not I'll make it look like I am:lol. This morning I went to church, at the end of service the pastor had all the kids and teachers go to the front for prayer, he also gave each teacher a $50 gift card for a local school supply store. My oldest granddaughter called yestersday to tell me that she wants a short Snow White dress to wear to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World. We are going to the party on Sept. 1st, less than 2 weeks away. So I had to stop at Joann's to get fabric for that. And I made a stop at the grocery store because I have wanted chili and cornbread for a couple of days so that will be dinner tonight. Well I need to get started on Snow White so I will talk to you all later.

aww love those so darn cute :yay

well trivia  tiime  depending l. of course the  pattern an yarn used it is my experiences  to say th.  i made 2 more 12 inchers this am and not counting the chain stitches and only the double crochets i beleive a little over 500 stitches(dc) went intoEACH ONE    wow did you all realize that  500 i tell ya   so i have accommplished at least that much today lol  :ghug

good to know too i think dont you  next time i do an 8 inch or a 6 inch i will est   that as well  lol  Caarol  I had chilli for lunch  but no cornbread lol just some crackers lol  

rained a lot overnight so darkish and gloomy and humid here today so far but there was a break in which handy finished staining the deck two coats so far looks good  it was an oil based as it soaks into the wood better but costs more and dries slower but in the long run  lasts lonnger and wont fade or wash out as much   lol just so you know now what i was informed of lol

who knew huh    lol

danged if ya dont learn something every day no matter  how hard you try to avoid it ha ha

i always say better to know it and not need it than to need it and not know it lol or something along those lines huh   well gonna go and find something to do while the cats are both sleeping or otherwise occupied else where lol talk later take care now all   :manyheart      

4 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh  forgot to tell you  i got the nicest thankyou card from Teri  the other day for the small part my squares played in making her ghan  that was so thoughtful of her huh  ok over abd out    

Yes, I received a thank you note from her, as well--bless her heart!

Archived