Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning

this the first morning in a long time that its in the high 70's early,but thats short lived it will be 87 later in the day.

Owlvamp,I know it wasn't in your plan to extend the time,but thank you,I hear ya,with the availability of grey,had a hard time finding it here too

had to go with Michaels and get their craftsmart brand,to have a grey.

A friend of mine from another board ( Treehouse ) moved from NC to Kansas,their walmart's aren't 24/7,she said she was spoiled having the one in NC opened 24 hrs. guess its sporadic in smaller towns,I just took it for granted that all of them were opened 24 hours.

I'll work on some more grey ones,I had two brown and one grey

have a great day everyone

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, not all Walmarts are open 24 -7 . The one Emporia, VA closes at 12.. Unless it has changed, I love going to that one cause it still has the fabric department,. But all I have been in North Carolina has been open 24/7.. I'm a late a shopper. I abso love going shopping after midnight. Less shoppers, less not so nice people, less stupidity. Not to mention it's fun. Now you do have to deal with strange ones, (all different types) but, it doesn't bother me cause no one bothers anyone. My one daughter gets real mad at me and tells me it's unsafe. But, I feel it's not no more unsafe at night than during the day. But like I said I love shopping at night. It's my thing...

Quick drop in.  Just got back from the Dr. and grocery store.

I like going in the morning, before the buses from the Assisted Living places show up.  I can move at my own pace and not anyone elses.

Have a fun day.

i dont like walmart much day or night and i certainly dont or wouldnt go at night nor drive at night as i have night blindless for a long time   

but to each his own still waiting on a call from sal army that stuff is out on tthe sidewalk and it looks like rain this aft   

mini and maxie seem fine today i heard hin groel just a bit this am but nothing much elde  4 days on a decent diet with plenty

of water has done her well she is perky and nosing around more just more alert  we think and her aopetite is still good a touch

slower as she realizes oh there is always going to be ffood there lol   and her stools are normal not watery so she is on the road to recovering from her bout eith the great wildernes  

so  lol thank goodness  handy reminded maxie ( 4 years old now ) was the same when we first adopted him but about three days into food water and love  he improved greatly  

im just thankful 1. it isnt winter and 2 we rescued them both in time  so glad their travels led them to our door   :manyheart

so sorry about the grey hard to get  we are at their mercy i guess you can try red heart  online too 

msde a few solid squarea this am in pasrels sure are pretty lol  a peach a pink and an aqua so far taking a break for a few minutes   back later    

I am down to buying all my yarn on the internet.  The Michael's near me has very little.  Joann's isn't much better.  Well, Wal Mart tries.

I just (help me) bought some from Herrschner's, as it was 1/2 off.

On 7/31/2017 at 7:41 AM, Tampa Doll said:

You are one very busy lady Brenda.  Love the lapghan and squares.

Went to bed last night with a chance of rain today.  Woke up to a Tropical Storm, Emily, off the coast of Tampa Bay area.  It is suppose to cross over us and go into the Atlantic by tomorrow.  Watch out East Coast, it is suppose to reform when it gets into the Atlantic.  So far just a lot of rain.  Not much wind, but they say the winds are up to 45 mph. 

Drat I was going to go to the store today.  Well, I guess I will put it off till tomorrow, when I go for my 3 month check-up.

Time to hanker down and get some crocheting done.  Yeah like that is any different than any other day.

Have a fun day.

is the stprm wannng now mj??

We got hardly any of Emily.  It came on shore below us and went to the east coast.  It is now in the Atlantic wrecking havoc in the ocean.

It formed to fast to give warning, so it was HEY HERE IT IS,

We are good, I hope anyone hit with the storm made out ok.  Saw pictures of cat fish swimming in the roads.  Kind of funny. 

well i saw a piece on world news about a semi blown off the road near tampa from the winds  sheesh  glad you are ok  

nothin much going on today really handy went to look at a floor job they want him do so just me and maxie and mini   lol  daughter was ovwe earlier and picked up that box of jar candles 

that i held off ging to sal army as she said she wanted themm  so handy put the box in her trunk and she was off again  lol  shes running errands for her job so out and about  

maxie really behaved good this am when they were together in the same room so i think things are getting

better between the two   

they even ate somw treats together but separate little piles lol  she and maxie both like their

nummys lol  

sorted out my 6 inch squares and i have  65 but will probably mail them off and on in smaller boxes to keep them

coming for a couple months  the others i have are my give out or use stack and there is not so many of them but enough for a few b days gals 

or a small lap ghan me thinks  

so that is a plan  i have some 8 inhers to for our members or whatever too  

well that is the scoop so far nothing much doing but rain is likely coming later our grass needs mowed

but the mower man hasnt come yet but handy  weed eated yesterday he likes to do it as he doest like the job they do lo

lthey do  too close to the flower beds

and  forgets the sidewalk cracks lol    

picky  nope not him lol im just glad someone does it lol

all for now oh daughter loved mini and mini loved her lol i think she likes the way girls talk baby talk to her

Jen thought was another Maxie but she was too skinny  she is gaining though as i can tell when i pick hher uo  lol

for all its worth  have a great day all  :manyheart  

Rain all day with thunder thrown in here and there.  We are not use to these kinds of days.

Tomorrow the plumber is coming.  The second toilet sounds like a fog horn when you flush it and it is filling up.

Watching a show on the Unabomber.  It is a 8 part series, it looks fascinating what I have seen of it so far.

Have a good night.

Hi everyone.

I was out of town for a few days so I am waaayyy behind here. I went to Orlando for American Sewing Guild's annual national conference, this is the first one I've attended and had a great time. My daughter's and grandkids went with me so we got to have some Disney fun too. not much else going on here. Have a great evening.

good morning

the sky was red this morning at 6:20

its a two city library run day,one to drop off donated books and of course see if any want to come home with me,hee hee

the other to drop off a book on CD and pick up one on hold

have a fabulous day

Rain, rain and more rain.

It is still raining here and it looks like more to come.

Waiting for the plumber to come and fix the fog horn that is our toilet.

They said between 1 and 4 this afternoon.  They just called and are on their way.  I am glad we did not go to the store this morning.

Have a fun day.

It's been beautiful here. Could use some of that rain for parts of the grass isn't growing fast.. 

Just a quick check in. Trying to potty break little man and he is fighting every step. Anyone with any awesome tips let me know.

I am trying everything I know and never had a problem but he is a only child and I think he knows if he holds out his parents will give his way. Plus I think he's lazy too. Help !!!

Glad Emily missed Mary Jo and glad Linda has her wheels back.

Sandra sounds like its going to be a challenge on the potty training.  Gosh do they even have the old style training pants any more where the kids can actually feel the wet?  The disposable stuff just does too good of a job of wicking it away.  

Carol school starts here next week.

well cant help ya there i had jen and she picked it up really quite fast so no proba   boys i hear are harde lol  

maxies main goal  in life i think is to  ea tall her food up  and then she will  just go away lol  lol  they are much better and max has come in tasted her food i just let him cause there is always more but they get the same thing lol  ??? 

but they lay on the floor about 8 inches apart and watch each other lol  Max has already showed howhow to use one of the cat scratching poles too so she ia learning from him but he doesnt know that yet lol  

today was bill day so got that done and handy is out getting stuff for that ladys closet floor so me and the cats all in here  she is asleep on the window seat as i call it and he is probably asleep in the hall now  no fun in here with mini sleeping and oblivious to his royal presence lol  

He has been a really good boy today no low menacing growling and no higher pit\tched warning coming from hr just a well placed hiss she finds deters him lol  didnt take her long  every female i have ever had has become queen  

my kitty Patches we called sheriff cause she sure kept the three boys inline lol  she was a little black and white unit  there -for the nickname sheriff lol and she took her job seriously lol  she was the last female i had and that was 6 years or so ago so thats why mini is a plus lol  i missed a female  course if she becomes ours which i have not heard a word to the contrary about yet  we will get her spayed at about 6 mos or earlier if she comes into heat  max was nuetered qbout six months as was my Ginger was spayed at 6 mos so seems to be the right time and she will get her shots and tags then too if not before   id like to do it all in one visit you know less stress for her and me   lol

i hate that the females have to stay overnight but the males dont  more to the sugery i guess  

welll time to go a eat lunch so ill go for now hope all is well with every one out there

foghorn toliet??  splain please mary jo lol

you go LINda!!!

kind of overcast here but no rain till tomorrow prolly     so i dont have much else  min and max are slowly getting accustomed to each other but they both have boundries lol  that is as it should be  no fighting though just very leary at times other times they lay inches apart with no probs   moody lil things lol

nothing on the old agenda today so a blah sory of day i guess  all for noe   see ya again ater  :manyheart  

Linda glad to hear you are crocheting again.  

Its a beautiful day here.  It dropped into the 50's last night and it only going to get up into the 70's today.  Rain moving in over the weekend.  

Katy glad the kitties are getting along.  I had to take TC in to confirm it was a she as I am not so good at sexing kittens.  They started her shots that day and went back for more shots and spay a few weeks later.  Up until then she was referred to as it or that cat.  This week I have been working up pastel yarn into baby afghans fro PRR.    

I guess I was just so out of practice,I know at one time I used to send out 12 - 12" or 48 - 6 " ones once a  month,my speed and flow is where it needs to be now

there is going to be some quick reading here at the house,we have 3 new releases,all with holds on them behind us,so both of us have to read one in two wks time,she is a speedy reader,if she finishes in 2 days that gives me 12 days,since I'm a pokey reader,we already have one book that we reading aloud,so Jimmy can enjoy a story too.

good night all,see ya on the flip side in the a.m.

hi all overcast some rain earlier so all is ok  lazy day but got a load in to wash and got my bed changed so i have at least done that lol  i have made a couple squares today but  one of them i worked over aCouple of times either the yarn is thicker and i go down a hook size or thinner so i go up a hook size sheesh one of them i just gave up on and put a rrow of sc in g hook around it!! and it measured out perfectly!! go figure huh

alls quiet today no one mowing or hammering around the neighborhood or chain sawing lol weekends are honey do days around here it seems and those honeys that cant do call handy lol  

its ok though we paid for the new laptop and the bed with honey do money lol

its a help for sure  

kitties are both asleep in diff rooms mini is on the  top of the washer so i havent started the load yet and max is out in my easy chair in the living room  all is calm in their worlds lol

anyone know what besides  scarves or hats one could use up some Homespun yarn??i have several skeins id like to find a project for here just calling to me lol  they make wonderful soft hats and scarves i know but was looking for maybe something else   i once made a couple shawls triangle ones for two friends that turned ot well but that is a committment and would prefer somthing of a smsller quicker project right now but yet useful and such  

and i dont do amIgurumi at all sooo anyone got any ideas?? They dont work well for nests either as the little critters get caught up and or  snagged in them thanks for that addy Linda saved ne some hunting through some records lol the nests are fun to make i think but double strand is all my hands can do  i know some are tripple stranded but mine have always been hardily accepted sd-    

i tried to teach my class one time how to do them   it was a fiasco lol some turned out like pointed bowls but we

i just kept at it till everyone had at least one  one perfect nest   lol  I dont teach much anymore but i miss the class kinda every sat 10 to one or so then we would break and order in for lunch either pot luck or order in  and call it a good day lol  we did actually complete and deliver quite a few ghans either to  the local  va home the local hospice and or several nursing homes in the area  all were combined efforts from our group and also some of their friends , neighbors and relatives too that joined in  of course  we had one sat a month for yarn shopping lol  was a great group    now most have left  or moved away or 2 have passed so we kinda disbanded but it was quite an experience and i still have several that are good friends from that class we dont get together that often these days but we still see each other now and then we always hold open 2 empty seats for those that have left us( RIP evie and mrs d )     

well i have rambled on for lack of  much more to say i will leave you all with good day!! :ghug 

ook posted mini for my icon an posted my first nest on the   donation thread found here

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/159117-show-us-your-charity-donation-items/

Im doing pastels too for prr brenda!!   lol  im doing that too is a nice change  :manyheart

there is cat nip baggie in that cleaned out noxema jar lol  nd my two girls Jen and Ginger in the background mini too gets brushed every day just like maxie      

000_0271.JPG

Hey everyone,  Looks like everyone is doing good. I am. I am still crocheting a lot. Wish I could take pictures to show you all what I am making. But I couldn't  get a camera card yet.  Maybe soon. I have been making little tea cups, putting in them. They are so cute.  Also making roses. Two different colors. Then I have been taking little flower pot crochet  a cover over it.  Then add brown for dirt. Then add flowers. There you go. You got flowers You don't have to water. At least they don't die on ya.

Sure wish I could share the pictures with you all. I am making this stuff for our Apple festival in Oct. I have a place in it.   Take care everyone.      Arlene     :hug 

Archived