Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

I'm back inside for a cool down,when I first went to water it wasn't bad but 20 mins later the humidity was building up,filled all the watering cans for a quick squirt later if they need it.,gonna stay cool and work on some squares for Owlvamp,hopefully I have my car back next week,they had to order a compressor,sigh

have a happy day everyone

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are all so kind to the birdies so cudos there   i too got  sandara's  squares out this am shaded browns too lol  trib long time no see slow down girl or your gonna burn out!

lol  mj car trouble sheesh  pine knot did you get your car back now  ? 

carol out having some fun??   lacey and katiebug having busy summers??  HOPE SNOW BEAR is feeling ok too  all is well i guess right here anyway on  this particular morning   

good news i only have the hats yet to mail and the few scarves i i made recently!! i will mail those more like oct probably  by then i should have more squares too   i sent them at least 50+6 inchers and a dozen or more 12 inchers talk about stash busting lol but  thats  good though cause i was able to use some nice colors i  would not have used and used them up!! some were darker colors and unless i do them in the day anymore wi the ott light on too they are hard to work with  i took Carol's idea too of  when working with a dark color i use a light towel for background on my work ttable or a light color a dark towel lol I  don't usually  restock browns or black or claret or navy as a rule  when they are gone they are gone as the paddy green  that one is pretty much gone now  me thinks unless i find another skein somewhere  which does happen lol   

i got two under bed storage bins all cleaned out this am already and had dandy put them back nice and neat under the new bed by the way which is a dream to sleep on  im hoping in a short time my back pan will ease or  improve now too thinking it was the old bed hurting it anyway  that is what i think lol  

i am still working on doing more to gather up stuff for aug pick up by salvation arrmy  i like them for a couple reasons  1 they pick up and the items stay local to here and i dont have to mail    

2 they dont sell the things they get in the store they put most of it in their give away center for free 

to those in need 

3  they are always so happy to get things and are  pleasamt and 

whomever is on the truck to pick up usually are  very nice people

and i know pineridge appreciates all they get from anyone, as the need is so great there, their winters

are harsh and cold, and miserable so warm winter wear is always more of a

ncecessity than a n accessory!

i just made that up i think that is a neat motto ,and it   sorta rhymes too    lol 

im just cooking today on all four electrical burners lol  

we had  marie collander tv dinners last night (microwave at its best no oven heat in this kinda weather  ) It was chicken fried  country chicken

and there was a lot of food in them but those potatos well lets  just say

my blood sugar was up last night  i figure its not the sugar as there wasnt any  its the 

carbs as they turn into sugar in digestion that is ramping up my numbers

good rule number one

if it tastes good two part answer ) dont eat it and or  its got some sugar in it a saltine cracker has some sugar in it not enough to matter too much  but seems everything does

rule number two  stay away from all foods that are white or good or sweet or you like  and espi

especiallythose known lol to  me as the nortorius five now 6 with potatos  

bread, flour, sugar, rice, pasta, potatos  lol  katies rules  lol

(in general anything you like lol)   

ok dietary dos and donts class now adjorned pop quiz tomorrow!!

ok babes im off for now i will be back in a bit later so all for now take care and keep your cool!!

:manyheart:lol:manyheart

( I I'm  learning as i go lol)   hope you are taking notes I Am lol  :yay

oh poor lidnda tthat so  reminds me of how my mom (RIP mom)was when she tended her two or thee terraces of roses  she would go out for short time and work and come in beat red so then me and my little sister wouldnt let her go out again that scared us that she was having heat stroke or something  and we finished all three terraces and the climbing roses on the south side of the house too going up that white  ladder against the creamy color of the texas stone was breath taking   she had some beautiful roses  She had a texas stone  3  tier terrace to match the house  three tiers  in the front of the house along side of the dtiveway they were so full an so pretty all red   just stunning  she would have bushes of purple phlox  between the rose bushes and seedum in the stones growing green and plush like a carpet   and  she said that space between the roses needed something.so in went the phlox    stunning     first thing one would see from coming up the hill to the drive.  thanks for jogging that memory loose again Linda i remember so clearly and know she now must surely  tend heaven's garden       :day

Oh Linda so sorry it was the compressor.  We have had to replace at least one of those.  When we got married dh had a pickup that he didn't replace the compressor in and I pretty much refused to go anywhere in it in the summer.  I hated getting dressed up and makeup on to go to someplace like church or a wedding only to arrive with makeup totally sweated off my face and my clothes wringing wet.  Dress up clothes at least mine are hot and clingy anyway so am glad I don't wear them much anymore.  

Katy it sounds like you are moving right along on learning about your diet.  You also have to watch corn and peas.  I mean after all they mostly use high fructose CORN syrup as the sweetening ingredient in most everything anymore.   I think  one exception to the white rule is cauliflower and I think people are using it as a substitution for potatoes.   And well carbohydrates are just multiple glucose molecules joined together so our bodies break them down into glucose.  Its basically a balancing act and its different for everybody.  Activity plays a part too.  The more active a person is the more glucose their body needs and it is a need.  I have been working on squares for PRR too.  Probably close to 75.  I need to mail them off.  I also have lapghans almost ready for W4W.  Glad I saw Sandra's request when I did because that skein of shaded browns was about ready to be worked up for PRR or W4W.  I am getting close to getting my aunt and stepmom's yarn worked up and out of here.  Well guess I have a pile of pastels which will  be worked up for Kathryn here at the ville and maybe one or two for PRR.  The PRR is now working on a project sending baby blankets along with a story book to be handed out to encourage reading to babies.  They are also working on collecting boxes (eg the plastic shoe boxes) filled with little things for the elders this Christmas.   I am pretty sure I have some scarves and hats already finished that I could send as well. That is good about your donations to the Salvation Army are handed out and not sold.  I would be inclined to send them hats and scarves if that is the case.  Anymore I am one of those people that gets beet red in the face when I get hot.  I think it looks worse than it really is but it looks scary enough that it gets dh's attention when most other things don't.  

No signal on my phone the past couple of days here at home so I have had to fire up the laptop to check in.  I sure miss not being able to hop on multiple times a day with just a swipe or two from my recliner.  Its another scorcher here and I am only going to go out to walk down to the road to the mailbox, take out trash and give woody (and the darn squirrel) another block of suet which gets pretty soft and mushy in this heat.  

oops bad for ou linda and the car  im  sure she will be there too linda only the prettiest flowers grow in heaven   bgs you have been busy, i would love to see those lapghans!! and i know, ppr is so in need of so much surely one can find something to work on for them such a variety of things... the shoe box idea is a good one, and they need slippers too, lol im not sure about me making them though as i have a problem it seems making two of anything the same does anyone else have that problem, lol  

my gosh,when will this heat stop, its 1 15 feels like, and even in the house, it's notrealcomfortable at all, so we know the humiity is outrageous, huh  hang in, better days to come i think,   maybe another week or so ofthis, and then maybe we can have norma ltemps, again  huh

good news, my sis is on her last week of radiation, and a few more chemo treadments, and then they will look at the progress to decide if it can be operated on or what    Im so proud of er to be sure!!! she is almost done!! three cheers for vicki, hip hip hooray!! Handy got me a sunblocking shade for the craft room as the sun just beats in there, and these

i have in there, justdon't block ot enough hot sun, lol so he will put that up tomorrow before the sun starts to blind me, lol  it's aluminum as they don't make the sunblocking ones in vynil i guess...one sec, how do you spell that, lol  o ok that was right lol

cooling off a tad here i thik at least inside, lol  i hope handy remembers to water his sod and my flowers tonight   we are afully dry here..  

well thats all the news i have, so ill check in later, or in the am, in a cooler room maybe, lol   take care, drink water, and hydrate yourselves up tonight!!!:ghug

oops bad for  you linda and im  sure she will be there too linda only the prettiest flowers grow in heaven   bgs you have been busy, i would love to see those lapghans!! and i know, ppr is so in need of so much surely one can find something to work on for them such a variety of things... the shoe box idea is a good one, and they need slippers too, lol im not sure about me making them though as i have a problem it seems making two of anything the same does anyone else have that problem, lol  

my gosh,when will this heat stop, its 1 15 feels like, and even in the house, it's notrealcomfortable at all, so we know the humiity is outrageous, huh  hang in, better days to come i think,   maybe another week or so ofthis, and then maybe we can have norma temps, again  huh

good news, my sis is on her last week of radiation, and a few more chemo treadments, and then they will look at the progress to decide if it can be operated on or what    Im so proud of er to be sure!!! she is almost done!! three cheers for vicki, hip hip hooray!! Handy got me a sunblocking shade for the craft room as the sun just beats in there, and these

i have in there, justdon't block out enough hot sun, lol so he will put that up tomorrow before the sun starts to blind me, lol  it's aluminum as they don't make the sunblocking ones in vynil i guess...one sec, how do you spell that, lol  o ok that was right lol

cooling off a tad here i thik at least inside, lol  i hope handy remembers to water his sod and my flowers tonight   we are afully dry here..  

well thats all the news i have, so ill check in later, or in the am, in a cooler room maybe, lol   take care, drink water, and hydrate yourselves up tonight!!!:ghug

good morning,

the plan for today is to get those bird nests rounded up,a trip to Va. Beach SPCA to drop them off 

other than that,just trying to beat the heat,have a good day everyone

Good Morning.

Sounds like you are all staying busy. I was at my daughter's house all day yesterday looking after the baby. Today I hope to stay home all day. I need to catch up laundry and finish some outfits for our trip next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Trying to catch up with all that is going on.  We have had storms running thru here the last couple of days.  We might not get the rain, but we do get the thunder and we have seen some lightning.

The rain when it has come, has filled up the birdbaths.  Cardinals, Catbirds and Mocking Birds use the bird bath and sometimes some sparrows will show up.  We are asked not to keep any standing water, as they are worried about mosquitoes. 

I am finished the new tote and now I will make a couple of squares for owlvamp and then the extras for the tote.

We had sun for about 5 minutes, now the clouds and thunder are back.   Have to shut down.

Hi everyone. Cloudy here today but not supposed to get as hoy thank goodness. Yesterday was the worst of the heat I think.

Gonna wait till tomorrow to put up the new blind as its cooler and no sun

To speak of as yet lol. 

You all are so good to your little feathered friends in this heat 

Im sure if they couuld talk they wouuld tell yo all thankyou.

Ot much then on the old agenda today so going to take it a luttle easy today I think. Just normal house s stuff  ya do every day lol  do have a load to wash but holding off the last few days cos of the heat but I may do that this am too. And the cupboards above the wsher an d dryer need a good straightening out so.  Lol

Well I love those little nests  LInda and I had fun making them. I sent dozens out to va beach and a few I made for the brunch bunch. I bought fake small birdies and some fake little eggs glued them in and they loved them. I still have mine too as my lanndry room is semi decorated with several wooden birdhouses and numerous birds. Lol. 

Had a small bowl of grapenuts  and a small apple for breakfast so im ready to roll today and get s me

things done. Hope you all enjoy your respective  days and ill be in later. Take care all.hugs to all.   

Nothing easy here today. Cleaned up the yard while hubby mowed it. Thank goodness he mowed it ...Its a hot one out there. Gave breaks for water. 

Getting laundry done and cleaning inside. 

Inspected the Yukon and now need to pay the taxes on it and reregister it so it will be legal. I'm so lucky hubby noticed it or I would have drove illegal and been charged a late fee on top of all that. So sometimes it's good to keep hubby around.LOL He's definitely a keeper.

Need to get dog food for I can out this morning. I have been putting it off for a few days now. Nope not no more today is the day.

Hope everyone is staying cool ..

We left home 730 this morning to help with a bonsai exhibit.  We are at a pizza place now and will head on home.  This was our sizzler day and thank goodness the ac was working where we had the exhibit----it wasnt when we had it there 2 years ago.

Sandra glad your dh caught the tags being due.  I am the one that has to stay on top of those things and I am not as good at it as I used to be.

Owlvamp

I know what you mean with this heat,Bill came in three times,most times he only comes in when he's done

we got back from running to Va. Beach,got the nests dropped off,they were so happy to get them.went to Michael's,big mistake I needed a yarn fix realllllllllllllllll bad,5 skeins later.

stopped at DAV thrift, In the door at 5pm, 5:02 there was a downpour

Good Morning.  Sitting here under dark, dark clouds with thunder in the distance.  Waiting to see if we get more rain or just noise.

Lyn are you saying the SPCA will accept birds nest?  That is so cool.  I have one in my tree that does not seem to be being used and it has some shinny stuff in it to give it a little bling.  The tree is not being trimmed, because of the nest.

Well, I have to shut down.

Hope to be back later.

Good Morning

been up since 6,again thought I had posted here and found that wasn't so.

Mary Jo,yes the Va.Beach SPCA works together with the Widlife rehabbers,the rehabbers don't work on site,but have a room or area where they keep supplies and they are in and out several times a day,and the front desk take the donated nests for them

hi blind is up and helps a lot with morning sun in the craft room   yay   

oyher than handy fussing with that nothing much else new so far today   stll hot but maybe a few degrees less hot than yesterday me thinks  

so just checking in aYING HI TO ALL    be back later on  :ghug

Rain all day yesterday, which does not happen much here.

Maybe more today.  Sorry for anyone who is taking vacation here this week.

Not much going on here.  To hot to even move.

Talk later and have a great day.

Good morning

was up at 6 am again,must be my new time to get up,no alarm.

when we were on the road the other day,brought the yarn to do Owlvamps squares,forgot to put a ruler in my crochetville tote

then I remembered somewhere I  read that a dollar bill is about 6",and yes indeedy it was right on the mark

its a little cooler right now,but it will climb into the 90's later in the day,hang in there,cooler weather will be back in a few months,lol

enjoy the day

Hi squares. 

More mild here but th he heat at returns tomorow I heare wth possibe rain though  and  possible storms. Handy was tryig to repace a couple patio stones today but the ground is or was so hard he quit for a while  he will water tonight where hes going to dig up  maybe tomorrow it will be a little easier. 

Cleaned out a cupboard in the laundry room today. and found a couple things like three half used roll on deoderants lol I guess no one throws them out when they get where there isnt much left but I took care of that. Same with old tooth paste tubes threw out about three of those too the other day lol but not before checking for a new one  

lol. Would suck being without toothpaste lol. And its one of those things you forget to get five times before you get it at the store lol. Like salt. I dont use salt but handy does but we must have forgoten  at least a month or more of trips to the store!,!

Well I have rattled  for long enough now. Everyone take care now.  Till  later.     

I received a really nice e mail from the Wildlife team,thought I'd share

" Words cannot express how grateful we are,that you take time to carefully knit these AMAZING nests

We appreciate you and your dedication to the Wildlife program

Thank you so very much from all of us here at VBSPCA wildlife"

neat huh,except for the knit comment,but people that don't do either,just tend to say knit

I have only had one person say what are you crocheting? well two, my male doctor calls it crochet,when I'm making scarves when he comes in the exam room.

Good Morning everyone.  Well, we have the sun today, but who knows for how long.

Sandra, there are 2 squares in the mail for you.

I have been working on the tote and an extra to go with it.

I hope to have it posted and shipped by Sat.

Can't seem to get my mojo working.  Just want to do nothing.

Well off to get the trash cans and make breakfast.

Have a fun day today.

Archived