Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

good morning

slow moving today for some reason,I get my car back tomorrow,geez when it went in on the 10th I didn't think it would take this long,but stuff happens

have a great day everyone

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning my pretties!!

I have been up and lots weighing in on my mind and therefore I didn't sleep well. 

I got an order to make a Lobster Newboen prop. So I have been working on that. Wish the orders would come in everyday instead once every 8 months or so. But it is what it is.

Thank you for the blocks katy. The gray one is pretty! I can't wait to put this one together. The Browns and grays are going to be beautiful. Thank you for the help!!

We got some rain Sat night with a whole lot of storm.  Ok at our house but on over in city there are still a good number without power.  It may not be as hot but the humidity is very high.  Trying to troubleshoot tv reception issues and probably will have to replace the outside antenna, cable, and or hookups as reception is lost when it rains and takes a day or two for all stations to come back.  

Well Linda you did far better on your Michaels than my last trip.  Would have been okay but they had the cotton on sale and combined with the senior discount they gave me on top of that----well all I can say is resistance was futile.

Katie here are the lapghans.  The first one uses the blanket stitch.  The next two are big granny squares reversing on each round with sc borders.  Last is another mat for my nieces dog--2 strands hdc.20170723_124333.thumb.jpg.ef8adee1cf55404703a168ad01079b7e.jpg20170723_124550.thumb.jpg.319fac2e5049422a01fd6adf507c5531.jpg20170723_124428.thumb.jpg.7f4008d0d37dbb66842b36f57efb741e.jpg20170723_124936.thumb.jpg.0245532054f71b21b16ea4fee901d030.jpg

Hmmm this was supposed to post Sun but looks like it did not.

gosh bgs nice work  i cant say a favorite but am leaning towards the one with pink in it so pretty looks like flowers   thanks for sharing they are terrific!

oh good linda gets her car ack that did take a long time huh  now tomorrow you will have wheels again!!!

hot here today too brenda and humid but this am handy got the stones cemented so let it rain now!! lol supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow  i think storms possible  

well i am getting around pretty well now and its easier to get things done too  they figured about 8 months and they 

were close lol  were pretty on target  anything beats lying in bed for 2 months lol  

sandra you are much the worrying kind  my gramma mimo always used to say worrying just doesnt change or improve anthing Vi   vi was my mom and she was right  i think  it really never solves anything abd is somewhat a waste of time and energy  sorry you are not sleeping well  though  

well im off gonna  play a round or  two of zuma my game lol got five lives left to burn through lol  more later friends!!

probBLY wont take a minute or two lol   ta for now   :ghug 

well, I'll be darned,he got the car back a day early,on the way home one of the steel belt tires gave way,so it went back in the shop,big sigh,

had to erase all the things I was going to do and planned on my mental dry erase board,lol

oops bad foy  ou linda and im  sure she will be there too linda only the prettiest flowers grow in heaven   bgs you have been busy, i would love to see those lapghans!! and i know, ppr is so in need of so much surely one can find something to work on for them such a variety of things... the shoe box idea is a good one, and they need slippers too, lol im not sure about me making them though as i have a problem it seems making two of anything the same does anyone else have that problem, lol  

my gosh,when will this heat stop, its 1 15 feels like, and even in the house, it's notrealcomfortable at all, so we know the humiity is outrageous, huh  hang in, better days to come i think,   maybe another week or so ofthis, and then maybe we can have norma ltemps, again  huh

good news, my sis is on her last week of radiation, and a few more chemo treadments, and then they will look at the progress to decide if it can be operated on or what    Im so proud of er to be sure!!! she is almost done!! three cheers for vicki, hip hip hooray!! Handy got me a sunblocking shade for the craft room as the sun just beats in there, and these

i have in there, justdon't block ot enough hot sun, lol so he will put that up tomorrow before the sun starts to blind me, lol  it's aluminum as they don't make the sunblocking ones in vynil i guess...one sec, how do you spell that, lol  o ok that was right lol

cooling off a tad here i thik at least inside, lol  i hope handy remembers to water his sod and my flowers tonight   we are afully dry here..  

well thats all the news i have, so ill check in later, or in the am, in a cooler room maybe, lol   take care, drink water, and hydrate yourselves up tonight!!!

Katy really pretty squares.  I am thinking about all the little things to fill a shoe box.  I wont be making slippers  either but might buy a pair of socks to add.  Maybe add a washcloth, tooth paste, lotion, packs of hot chocolate ....I think they have even suggested bandaids, antibiotic ointment.  

Linda sounds bout par for the course.  At least it shouldnt take as long to get a tire

We spent the day mowing and we are both just beat.  Heat index was over 100 today.

Good Morning.  Love the lap ghans and squares. They are really pretty.

Up early and out to get the paper.  Also had to change the bulb outside near the pool.  You can see the fan and light out the window when we take pictures of the tote.  When that is blown out, it is so dark in that area nd the kitchen.  So for the last time we changed the bulb.  To much for us.

Pineknott, sorry to hear about the tire.  Hope when you get the car back, everything is fine.

#1Crochetfan I do hope your Summer improves.  Keeping you and all others who need it in my thoughts.

Well, today is picture day for the tote.  Back later.

#1 glad you checked in as I had been wondering about you.  Hope things get better.

I have been wondering about Lovin2Crochet too.

Linda I can believe the 6' weeds.  They love this heat and humidity and seem to shoot up over night.  

Mary Jo hope this bulb lasts for a very very long time.

Its another hot humid one here today.  More storms expected tonight and there are still about 1000 without power from Sat nights storm.  My eyes are gunky and I am congested from mowing yesterday.  Well is everyone ready for the Great American Total Solar Eclipse on Aug 21.  We are on or just outside the outer edge of the  band of totality and it sounds like things might be absolutely crazy that day. One article says 12 million people live within the band of totality and another 25 million live within a day's drive of it and that the population inside the path of totality may double that day and that it may be one of the worst traffic days in national history.  I have a friend who is with a group flying into the area from CA to watch it. We were going to try to get together and watch it at the airport in St. Joseph (which is in the center of the band) but learned that it was going to be way too crowded for comfort there.  They are going to rent a van and try to find someplace farther north west.  I have another friend that lives in St. Joseph and they are expecting lots of traffic problems that day so much so they are recommending businesses to shut down.  She said we could come up and watch at her house but I think we will be staying at home.  Of course I keep thinking it could very well be too cloudy to actually see anything except for it getting dark and then light again.  

that is one pretty tote mj  love the "flavors" of cotton too   nice job!!we have twin pops here but hard to find sometimes   i like the cherry ones lol 

oh my yes bgs omaha and surrounding areas expects to  be very crowded for the eclipse  how long i wonder since the last total causei think i have seen one when i was yoyunger as we all made a pinhole in poster board to glimpse at it    

well linda you will have wheels soon   tou have done the hardest wait now its coming to an end  

crochetfan hello you have been missed!! hope you are back to stay  a spell with us   

i ran into yarnscrapper on another thread and said hi ya but no answer yet wonder how peanut looks now sheesh all grown up im sure!!  

trib must be busy and i too thought about lovin2crochet and lacey and katie too   and mini too!! they  will check in when thry can im sure  

when i was recovering and couldnt get on the pute r i really missed all of you!! i honestly thought you would just give up on me  and i couldnt do anything about it you know it was a double whammy on top or trying to recover i tell ya  but over and done now thankgoodness lol  and i have a gorgeous ghan from all of you that is priceless to me!!  

linda does the va beach still need crocheted nests  its been a while since i sent them some  i always  enclosed a roll of paper towels too for clean lining for thr nests   lemme know ok    

rain all day on and off nothing doenpourish just gentle rain will help the plants aand our grass seed a lot   

got another little grouping of squares done to photo to add to the pineridge  box  brenda all good ideas for a shoe box you have  i thought of kitchen sponges or powedered drink mixes and a set of measuring spoons or cups,

or other gadgets or useful items too   the possibilities are endless!!!  its for the elders so im thinking anything you know.  at walmart they have everything in trial sizes like toothpaste and deodorant and lotions and mouthwash and everything too that is small enough to help fill up a nice shoebox too !! i will send one near the holidays i think  

we  ok all for now gotta do a few things around here today lol  take care  all    keep cool !!

from candy to nuts   hey  lol why not  lol  

Katy

I would say yes to the nest,with the up coming hurricane season with its winds,so many critters get displaced  Do you still have the address,if not I'll pm it to you.Thats really thoughtful to include the paper towels.

I miss the stories and photos from YarnMonkey too

thanks linda i think i still have ithe addy but if you would pm me might save me some time locating it lol  thanks but go ahead and send it to me again  

brenda here is a good link on the eclipse as seen and as it will be seen in your state   i guess lincoln has a better viw but omaha will get a good show too     https://www.space.com/35495-where-to-see-2017-total-solar-eclipse.html  

Good Morning everyone.  Not a cloud in site this morning, but that could change.

Need to do some shredding, usually do this after the taxes are done, but have not felt like it.

No inspiration this morning for crocheting.  Need to do something, just can't figure out what.

Well off to see what is going on in the Ville. Have a great day.

Good Morning

Road trip anyone??? yes finally have my car back,1 compressor and 2 front tires later. Only took 17 days

its cloudy,tomorrow the bottom is going to fall out with intense storms,oh joy--not, I'm not one of those that likes storms,lightning scares the bee jeebers out of me

I'm going to work some more on Owlvamps squares,hope to get them out Tuesday or Wednesday

have a great day

hi squares!!  sunshiney and hot here today but the rain all day yesterday sure was welcome  oh so glad    linda has wheels again !!! hope you got a full tank for your travels today!

tampa i get like that too so like you i just find something else to do for a while lol  i got two 8 inch squares off the hook this am and used that little bit of shaded browns i had left ovver from owlvamps squares so that is two more for the PPR box lol  got about i dunno maybe eight more six inchers done too for them but pics still on camera so will gt those on here later  

well changed up the plug situation by putting a power strip in with room for tablet, computer, and 3 more if i need them, lol  i forgot, oh, 

the intercom to the living room,( which daughter got when i was recooping ) and a pencil sharpener electric, if and whn i need it, lol  

got real tired of unplugging one thing, to plug in anothor .. works well now..

and while waching rqchael maddow las night, i lc cleaned out a desk drawer thtat was a catch all, for things to be filed so that is fiiled so that is all more space in the file drawer

and i understnd about the shredding too. loo that is coming too..lol not much yet there as i did it not too long ago  

well people  with hooks in waiting i will go for now and check in later ok  have a grand day!!

Another bad storm last night this one with too much rain coming way too fast.  Dont know how much over 6 inches we got as that is what the rain guage holds and it was overflowing. Dh was supposed to drop his car off at the shop on his way to work but we had some water in the floor this morning so he stayed home.  After listening to calls on his pager we are thankful he stayed home because he wouldnt have gotten very far as roads and bridges were  under water in all directions out of here.  A car washed off just around the corner and the fire dept had a hard time trying to find a way to get to it that wasnt under water.  I think the only reason a truck made it was the water in some places had dropped enough to cross. Thankfully the person had already made it out of the car ok. It was also bad on over in the city too.  Still trying to troubleshoot losing tv reception after it rains.  At least I have 2 stations back for now.

Good Morning.

Sorry to say they do not talk much about the bad weather, only till the weather comes on.  Then we hear about your weather. Stay safe.

Packing up the tote today.

A friend lost her Dad a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to give her something, but did not know what.  I am making a clothespin Angel.  It is Red/White/Blue.  Her Dad was a Vet and he is being buried in a National Cemetery. I wanted something that would represent him.

Well, off to do some packing and then to finish my angel.

Have a great day.  Be back later. 

good morning

its been cooler the last few days,so why am I so congested? There's a lull this morning,then the storms come in,whatever weather Michigan has been having thats the system coming through here.have a great day everyone

Archived