Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Not lots to say here. The girls are enjoying school well enough so far. My oldest had her first real homework over the weekend, but was able to knock it out pretty quickly.

Tomorrow is eclipse day! In the afternoon, we will stop getting the calls at the library asking if we have glasses! Hooray! Ours were gone a week ago in about 20 minutes.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning everyone.

Yes, Terri has been thanking us all, which is very nice of her. 

Very hot and humid here.  We are waiting for the AC people to call us back, as the fan for the one AC has not stopped running.  This unit is only a couple of years old, so it should stop at some point.  Anyway, I say as long as we have air, no biggie, but there is always the worry about fire.

Not much going on here.  Waiting for the water delivery and of course I will turn the TV on when it gets close to the eclipse.

It is nice to see something different taking up the news time.

Off to make breakfast.  Have a great day.

Mary Jo the Halloween babies are adorable.  

No problem gazing at the sky here without eye protection as there is heavy cloud cover and lightening off in the distance.  Why am I not surprised?

Hi

Just been keeping myself busy.

Daughter started back to college so it's been a busy time for us.

Not much crocheting at this time with everything on and extremely through the day. I think we got Lillte man potty trained. Thank goodness. It took about a week once mom and dad was on board.

Have a nice day!

The neighbors rooster was crowing and the birds went to roost on the electric line. My solar garden lights came on.  The light disappeared in my shadow box and at that point I could see the reflection of the moon blocking the sun  in the windshield of dh's car  so we took a very quick look up to the sky with no glasses.   All those poor people that came in from around the world to St. Joseph did not see much because it was cloudy and rained.

its over here just witnessed the ominous light reduction but really just looked lkike a really bad storm was coming then a minute or two later it started to brighten up  an the street lights went on again  we watched coverage here on a local news channel and it was good coverage however still left me sort of under-whelmed i guess is a good word lol all in all next one is 2045 lol  

those are adorable mary jo!! and hi to holly  glad all is going well  

Glad potty training is done sandra lol  take a well earned break now  

Thats funny about the rooster lol i asked handy what do you hink the animals thought about it  he said

two words   short day/??  lol 

i dont think birds other than the hawks and owls and such do fly much at night  truth is it didnt get that 

night like darkness here though  

ok well back to work  got to wipe down the cat carrier tpday and wash bed linens

and have handy catch the cat boxes yet so im off its chore day lol seee yaaa soon    

i should have sent out thank you notes for mine!! my excuse is i didnt have any and couldnt get any as i still wasnt feeeling well but i did thank you all involned in this thread as  i d0 remember that  lol  but it was a nice 0surprise  and her note as did my ghan made my day    :ghug

Hello.

First day back at school with students. The day went pretty smoothly and then I went grocery shopping, now I'm tired. 

The stockings are very cute and so are the little Halloween characters.

Not much else going on here. Have a great evening.

Katy it got dark enough here that it triggered our dawn to dusk light to come on and my solar lights by the side walk. It was really dark in the house but the light outside was sort of like it is on nights when we have a full moon.  We could see a star.  I think it was probably Jupiter.  Seems like it was supposed to be pretty visable. Before and after it just looked funny out sort of like it looks when there are tornadoes all around.  I got an email today from w4w thanking me for the lapghans and word from MzKay on Ravelry that Pam received my squares.  Yes Terri's thank you note was very nice and certainly not expected.  Katy we were just so happy when you felt good enough to post here again.  We knew you had a long recooperation time ahead of you.  I cant begin to tell you how many wedding presents I never received an acknowledgement for over the past few years.  

We watched the solar eclipse today--I watched from our Senior Center patio, and hubby Dave watched from the George Rogers Clark Memorial, on the Wabash River.  We only had 94% coverage, but it was pretty awesome!  Hope we're still around for the next one--it 's supposed to be a total eclipse here then!

1 hour ago, Avon Lady said:

We watched the solar eclipse today--I watched from our Senior Center patio, and hubby Dave watched from the George Rogers Clark Memorial, on the Wabash River.  We only had 94% coverage, but it was pretty awesome!  Hope we're still around for the next one--it 's supposed to be a total eclipse here then!

It was a different experience for sure.  The George Rogers Clark Memorial is a pretty place.  We visited it by chance almost 10 years ago and were really glad we did.  I think we were the last people in before it closed for restoration.  We were doing genealogy research and waiting for another place to open.

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Katy it got dark enough here that it triggered our dawn to dusk light to come on and my solar lights by the side walk. It was really dark in the house but the light outside was sort of like it is on nights when we have a full moon.  We could see a star.  I think it was probably Jupiter.  Seems like it was supposed to be pretty visable. Before and after it just looked funny out sort of like it looks when there are tornadoes all around.  I got an email today from w4w thanking me for the lapghans and word from MzKay on Ravelry that Pam received my squares.  Yes Terri's thank you note was very nice and certainly not expected.  Katy we were just so happy when you felt good enough to post here again.  We knew you had a long recooperation time ahead of you.  I cant begin to tell you how many wedding presents I never received an acknowledgement for over the past few years.  

itits like we never expet to be thanked for anything that is not what is is about but now and then sure is nice to kn ow it was appreciated huh!!:manyheart

Katy pretty squares.

Well we had another bout of record torrential rain fall last night with historical flooding.  This one broke records (which were set just 3 weeks ago).  Not as bad in the area we are in.  Many schools either closed or delayed opening while waiting for flooded streets to become passable.  They keep showing an Overland Park family on the roof of their house.  They and emergency services deemed it safer for them to wait it out there and they have been there for hours.

oh my brenda  my daughters in laws lived in overland park but i guess moved a couple weeks ago  just in time i guess    going through a couple christmas bins i had top shelf inn the closet and most i had already gone through so the things leftt im keeping i guess  lol  nice to see some of them sgain as i didnt reall decorate last year as i was ill but maybe yhis year  still dont think we will have a tree lol cos the cats but other things set about would be nice  daughter and son inlaw  wont be here for Christmas this year as they are going out of town around then but they will celebrate with us when they get back only a week or so later  so we will be on our own i guess not really a bad thing but i prefer to have the family around on that day oh well huh    so im keeping busy today with closet stff lol  hopewe all is well with everyone   yalk later :manyheart  

Good Morning.  Have not been on, has been a little busy this week.  Had the AC guy here, as the smaller unit would not turn off.  They had to order a part.  They will be here this morning.

Eye Dr. appointment Tuesday and when I get out of there, I can not see to do anything.

Yesterday was finishing up the tote and starting a wiggly pot holder to patch the tote.

Today is cleaning and waiting for the AC guy.

Sometime this week, we will be calling the tree guy to come a trim our trees.

Have a great day everyone and Brenda I sure hope you guys have dried up some.

hi ho squares!!

nother busy day here finishing up the closet ordeal lol  have to wait for sometimes for awhile  for handy to come and lift thingss which is why it is seeming to take me a while  but at kleast he does it  sooo i wait lol  then call him in again when it is ready 1. to go back in the closet neater though lol

2. 0r another box for thrift store 

3. 0or    out to to the trash lol   

got rid of two bins today by combining into one on a few things and just gtting rid of the bigger bins as they are to awkward and heavy to do me any good  neighbor will probably want the bins so will save them for him  

discovered what bin me christmas yarn was in too and put that on top easy to reach lol  

most all of my yarn now is in sight and easy to get too!! finally lol    

bout all for now talk more later  taking a rest    

Hello everyone!

Katy, those are very pretty squares and mini is pretty cute too.

It's been a busy week and I am glad tomorrow is Friday. I am especially tired today but I'm sure next week will be better, it's had to get back in to routine. 

I hope everyone has a great night.

Mary Jo cant believe its tote time again.  Things are drying out here.  That was 3 record rainfalls to hit the area within 4 weeks. 

Linda glad you popped in and hope you are getting some "do what you want to do" time.

Katy can definately tell you are feeling better with all your cleaning and organizing.

Good Morning.

Another hot and humid day with a chance of rain.

I am watching the storm in the Gulf heading for Texas.  If you are there, please keep safe.  They were saying this thing could hit Texas, then make a slide to the east and come back into the Gulf.  My thoughts and prayers are with the People in Texas.

Finishing up the pocket today and then I can go back to making dolls for a charity I do.

Hope everyone is well and Katy if you get done, you can come down and do my craft room.  I cleaned yesterday, on section, (kitchen and family room) and I am feeling it today.  I know I am getting old.  I remember when I use to be able to do the whole house in one day.  Muscles hurt that I did not know I had.:rofl

Have a great day

Archived