39 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. 

i wanted to share with you my newest charity effort. It is for PineRidge Reservation i. S Dak. 

they will accept mosr anything as they need everything knitted or crocheted . there are several groups on ravelry accepting anything from ,squares to baby sweaters and booties. to  warm winter wear and dishcloths. 

visit rav or email me for a link!!  

here is the group for the squares  

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/afghan-squares-for-pine-ridge-reservations h

and for the children of Pine Ridge  here is that link too  

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/for-the-children-of-pine-ridged 

I have over 50 squares set to go and now have started working on a few hats  the link will give you a ton of info and specs for these projects  hope to see you back here soon with some oics of your goodies   Remember please your kindness and talent will make a big impact from one hat or a few quares to dozens none will go un-appreciated.   thanks.

ok i usually loom my hats but the looms are put away so ewhere lol so i croched these hats  

I used a pattern i found on you tube i think for a basic hat or beanie and went from there  any size will be used from babies to adults  i used rhss or ILTY for these with an i hook  here is a pic only five hats so far with more to come though!! see you soon and your pretties as well!!!! the thing about the ends on the squares the gal prefers to weave them in  herself so cool huh one chore thst most dont  like to do removed!! again see the links ill try to insert them here for easy access   

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by katyallen8090
title change of thread
1 person likes this

two more done!!. i was sure hoping for some more eye candy though!!

i think these are essy and fast and enjoy making them for such a deserving and immediate cause. 

image.jpg

if im not crochetin something else i can make two or three a day!! 

here are a cuple more from todays done basket. total count so far 7 hats. 

image.jpg

im only seeing mine folks come on show us you r goodies.  !!! ?❌⭕️❌⭕️

Katy

what festive hats you have there.they will surely brighten someone's day

I haven't done a hat in ages,probably the last time was when I did 100 hats one winter for Rene's church group

1 person likes this

hi ya pineknot. i knew you made a buch for sure!!. im just using up scrap balls and patials tryin to clean up my stash a bit. 

here four i did over the weekend lol.   

image.jpg.5d0e20b81bce3454eb8fb5ac982f50d4.jpg  

Well Katy I made this batch of squares to send off to the lady that puts afghans together for prr.  So far there are 60 six inchers

20170618_101023.thumb.jpg.c425b1211498ca6d47d44213fdf9bbb4.jpg

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, yarnscrapper said:

What is prr?

Pine Ridge Reservation in Sourh Dakota

1 person likes this

new pics to post but still on the desk top  hi ya scrapper!!! i finished 12 pairs of discloths for pine ridge and mailed out the squares i had  50 plus six inch squares and a dozen 12 inchers   just an update i guess kinda helps me keep track of donations lol  

working on another batch of squares and when i get a bunch done ill mail them out too  thats it for right now nice squares bgs!!those dark purple ones are gorgeous!!

Edited by katyallen8090

oh how cool  most times i cant remember what all mine looked like lol  and not sure if they have been received yet either but soon   i hope   i only have two dozen or more hats in a box to go out but wont mail till oct or november lol  

so i too have been working on more squares  some i keep for me to use or send out to our squares and some i throw in the box fo pine rodge lol  

it must feel wonderful that uou have worked off so much of your given or inherited stash on such good causes  quite an accomplishment brenda so congrats on that too!!!

touching base   looking for new eye candy!!!i know you all have something to post!!

000_0252.JPG.394eedc9d8936c370b727261a632613e.JPG

Edited by katyallen8090

above some dishcloths i made for pine ridge    mailed out early july  

Edited by katyallen8090

You girls make me feel bad!!  I just took in 4 more prayer shawls to our local Hospice, but I didn't get pictures of them to post!  My poor ole camera won't work on the 'puter, so-o-o-o.....  Good job on all the hats and squares, you go, girls!

1 person likes this

oh darn avon thanks and I would have loved seeing them  is it a pattern you can share anyway lol  

Most of the shawls I make are granny squares--mainly because they are so quick to make--and they are so much in need of prayer shawls that I need to make as many as I can!  I make 20" granny squares, and sew 3 squares together in a row, or in a triangle.  But two of the latest ones were lacy patterns I just made up as I went!  I just make dcs and shells across each row, and make the shawl 20" by 60".  If anyone wants the "pattern", I'll be glad to send it along!

1 person likes this

ll here is few "nesting nests i made   0some are double strand four are not  itd its hard on my thumbs and wrists     

000_0276.JPG