Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning.  Very hot and humid.  I can hear the thunder in the distance and see the clouds SW of us.  Moving very slow.

Well the package was delivered, so I can relax now.

I hope to get the last part of the doll I made today and get a picture of her.

Hope everyone is feeling better and we all have a great day.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Afternoon

day 8, no car still

hope the people in this region enjoyed the 80 degree weather we've had the last few days,cause the Sahara heat is returning next week with temps of 97+ for a long stretch

enjoy the day

After noon all!

It's been crazy here.

Just taking care of fur babies and then yesterday getting ready to get supper made discovered the freezer wasn't working. Lost a lot of food. Got it all cleaned up It's such a shame! This is the dang 4th freezer in 10 years that stopped working on us. They sure don't make them like they use to. Just tell me some good things? I have to see , hear ,live and be nothing but good. It has to go a different direction for me. I'm loosing it! Think positive!!! I keep telling myself.

Hey everyone I am still here. Doing good. Husband is finally well.  Just trying to stay cool. It is about 92 here in E Tn. We got out tomatoes plants out. Some of them. We got more to set out. The reason I haven't been chatting to much. I have busy  crocheting. And doing plastic canvas work. I can't take pictures, right now.  I have to get another card for my camera. Then I can. Well take care everyone. Arlene   :hug

hi ya all  ''

i hear ya sandra  it seems to go in cycles huh   your "good"cycle is just waiting in the wings for its chance to slip up nice and quietly  past the rotten apples side and preparring  itself for a nice long stay!!! it will happen i promise    

hi mj cant wait to see that new doll!!

hot all over linda no let up for us either for the next week or more even  

well i have 2 scarves done and number 3 on the hook now  they dont go quickly which is why i dont 

do them too often and if there wasnt such a need in the winter months at pineridge i wouldnt be working on them lol

but i tell myself its for the kids you know     Thankgood -ness its fairly cool in the house or i would not be doing this lol

well hoping for the bed tomorrow havent heard anything yet though   if its in its in i guess right   

if not we wait lol    i have to send handy tomorrow maybe to Menards to get me a room darkening blind the sun in the day just beats in on me all day and this blind i have is not room darkening ok lol  gonna get that taken care of for sure  i have about tw0

weeks till pick up from salvation army comes so i should get a lot done in that time and i say SHOULD muu ahh haa haa we will see   

On 7/16/2017 at 5:23 PM, bgs said:

Have you ever tried the different desserts at a Chinese buffet and like me thought they didnt taste sweet? 

Yes!!  The only desserts at a Chinese buffet that I like are the coconut macaroons!  The others are too bland to suit me!

Hi Ladies,

I have a request and was wondering if any of you ladies can help me.

I need to make a afghan . I will be collecting 25- 30. 12inch squares in the colors of grays and Browns. Red heart super saver yarn would be wonderful.  If I can get these by August 5 that would be wonderful. I know it's not a lot of time. A single mother spilled hot bacon grease on her hand and arm. It is truly terrible burn and she is in a lot of pain. That will give me enough time to put it together and get it mailed. If I collect them sooner then when get it made and mailed sooner. I appreciate all the help you wonderful ladies do.

Should I make a seperate thread for this ? Or is here just fine?

hi ya avon  yep here is fine i will see what i have in those colors so ill send you one or two depending on inventory, i hink i have some   brown varigateds, would that work,  letme know andill get started.give me a break from scarves, lol   im sure others will too, wait and see, huh, lol   ... 

This was our last "cooler" day (lower to mid 90's actual temps) as we are heading on up into the 100's.  I hope to not be out much as I already dont feel too good.  On the phone today and again tomorrow as the paperwork insurance office sent is not matching our discussion.

As usual all heat and humidity here. 

Sorry about the freezer.  That is my worry.  I will wake up and the fridge will of stopped working during the night.  Everytime they come to do the yearly, they tell us to keep the one we have till it dies.  The new ones are not made as well.

We just got Tampa Guy one of those recliners that also is a lift chair.  He really likes it.  I have yet to sit in it.

Well off to see what is going on in the world.

Hugs to all.

Good Morning!

Mary Jo, your new little lady is adorable.

Snowbear, it's good to hear from you.

Sandra, sorry to hear about the freezer. 

Today's plans include some laundry and a lot of sewing. I'm working on outfits for the baby to wear next week when we go to Orlando for the American Sewing Guild national conference and a little Disney fun too.

Have a great day everyone.

well gee,thought I posted already

good morning everyone,time again for the unrelenting heat wave to kick us up to the 100 degree mark

I know alot of us are so over this troopical heat and humidity

Sandra I do have browns,I'll try and get a few out to you

snowbear good to see you

cshort enjoy your time at the conference & disney

Thank you pineknott that will be a great help. 

Yeah, they really don't make things to last at all. Hubby and daughters want to replace the tube tv. I do not for it still works just fine. It's really big and heavy but not ready to change it out just yet. So far I am winning. 

keep your pets inside and cool plenty of water  everyone  !!! 

ok sandra will start one tomorrow   bed is here installed and all made up  

old bed went to the landfill lol  we figured it was at mat least 14 years old  

habdy filled up a pan with water, for the turkeys and the rabbits,or whomver  

lol.. itls so hot out, the turkey even pant... sad toi see a turkey  panting,, 

all for now folks    check in later  :ghug

Good Morning.  Got another package out in the mail.  This one is a doll with several outfits for Bailey4's charity.  3 more packages to go and I can start on next years stuff.

Hot and humid, but I have to go to the store this morning.

Working on the pocket for the new tote today.  I know I am early, but I have a little time, so I thought I would get it ready.

Have a great day everyone.:hug

good morning

its already 90+ degrees,time to fill the cement swimming hole for the birds,otherwise known the bird bath,the robins and cardinals use it the most with an occasional blue jay

have a good day everyone

oh heat qdvisories all  over the country huh  miserable to say the least  sandra i have two 12 inchers heading your 

way this aft  if handy remembers that is   lol  no more browns org rey and no plans to replace yhem this month  i spent my yarn monEY  ON  purplES  AND PINKS  This month, so sorry its not morel    ALSO MAILING OUT PINERGE SQUARES  TOO YAY THEYB WILL BE OFF  MY SHELFlol  im not shouting, just constantly hitting the cap key grrrr  

all for now back later keep cool    

Linda I am not too sure that the birds wouldn't cook if they use my bird bath right now.  We were late getting is set up this year because we waited until after we got the new roof and I really haven't noticed  birds using it yet.  Guess they prefer the neighbor's and our ponds.  The check battery light came on in dh's old car yesterday.  He took the battery out and took it in to be checked and they said it was fine so now it sits until it's appointment at the shop next Thurs.  

Sandra mailed you two squares this morning.  PO eta is Mon.  I just happened to have a skein of RHSS shaded browns laying out to figure out how to use it when I saw your request.  

Just a quick check in to let everyone know I am still here. Been so busy lately havn't had a chance to be on much. Hang in there Owlvamp ,sending positive vibes your way!

we have two bird baths a few feet apart, the ceramic one,and a plastic one with a raised center,they all seem to like the bowl type one,the robins seem to throw the most water out of them when they are bathing.some days have to fill it twice

Archived