Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hi m all. No have not cheked the latest blankt ill do that tomorrow. I idid not  expect to see any of mine yet as I only foound out yesterday she had received the squares. But I will check I dont know if 

I will recognize any lol. Out of site out of mind. Itwas posted that she needs 12 inchers the other day. I sent her an 12 iof them n one of the boxes now I am thinkung she 2wants more to add to mine to make a blankie lol. Hoe she gets more. They take a while to do too lol. 

Well forgot to add two nest to the bird nestie box. If is easy to untape I will re open and stick them in if not ill start another box lol. 

well little tablet is happy being used tonight. Ir sure seems a ot easier with Nhe styis for sure. My fingers just coulnt find nor stay put on this mini keyboard. 

ok well more tomorrow you all have a relaxing and restful evening!!    Night now. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all  

nother weekend almost in the can huh lol  mini is fine she is restless so wondering if she is not going into heat  i did some research on it and they can go into heat as early as 3 and a half mos old  she has  to  weigh at least 2 lbs before they would spay her and im not sure she does    

being outside and around other cats either strays or family can spur on early maturation and there for heat   so am calling tomorrow to see if we bring her in or do we have to wait till she is over it if she is in heat that is  still not convinced though i am thankful max is fixed and if she is we will get her taken care of asap as it is possible

ok well that was sooner than we expected but can t  have her getting out and getting pregnant now can we lol  

anothe sort of surprise was yesterday i had the tablet open and typing away and i opened a drawer in my storage bin and little mini wanted in and i stopped and said  "no i dont want you in there mini "and right quick there were those  exact words typed on the screen for me in the post   i had no idea i could "dictate" with the tablet  too cool huh  lol shocked me at the time  lol

ok opened the taped up bird nest box stuck in the last two nests and taped it all up again lol hopefully to go out tomorrow or tues at the latest  one more box out of here  i find when i order stff from target or somewhere depending on what is is the boxes are quick to get reused  my sis  says she trie to get some boxes at walmart once and they told her no they recycle them well she told them i do to but they would not let her have even one  i am not a walmart fan lol  for many reasons  that is but one     

well that is all for this SunnySunday  hope you all have a good one and ill see ya later ok!!:ghug

Linda sis#1 is a lefty, my dads oldest sis was a lefty, and their dad was a lefty.  Also sis#2's dh is a lefty.  Didnt realize you all had a special day. 

Katy its a cloudy humid Sun here. They are running more news about the eclipse 8 days away now.  I just keep thinking about all these people coming in to watch it and thinking it could easily be raining or very cloudy. I know someone that is coming in from CA.  Yesterday my niece showed me a video on the internet of cats being mischievous---- from intentionally knocking things off tables,  pulling clothes out of drawers, and snatching a toddlers food.  

This group on Ravelry is starting another stocking along tomorrow for w4w.  I won one of the drawings for participating in the one earlier this year. 

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/good-things-together

I imagine RecycleCindy will be announcing it on this thread

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/158594-2017-mini-christmas-stocking-drive/?page=1

Hello everyone.

I know I've been MIA again :ohdear

Hopefully I will get back into a regular routine soon since work starts again tomorrow, I have to get my classroom ready for my little students. I can't say that I'm excited about going back to work, I've really enjoyed taking care of my granddaughter over the summer, but there are bills to be paid. I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend.

Good Morning and Hi CShort.  Our schools here started on Monday.  I watch the busses go by every morning for the Middle School.

The Thank you Thread does not work.  I have sent an e-mail to Amy and hopefully she will answer.

I had a very quite weekend and infact, I did not turn on the news at all yesterday.  I watched movies and crocheted.

I have 3 squares done for the princess blanket and hope to get some more done this week.

It is Hot and Humid and suppose to be that way all week.

The eclipse is next week and we are suppose to see 85% of it down here.  Of course as Tampa Guy says, we can watch it on TV.

Well off to see what has been going on.

Have a great day.

hi  

here too mj hot and humid   rained a bit overnight but just short lived    

who is the princess ghan for did    you have someone in mind or just making it for fun? i find

for me i work better with a purpose in mind lol just curious lol  

i had to put ms mini in the craft room for a while this am  am as she was bothering max with hissing and he wasnt doing a thing 

so closed her in for a bit  she is now behaving better so they are both in thr living room for now  poor maxie needs his 

mid morning nap you know lol

sorted out a pile of squares today and might box some up later for prr  im getting ready to micrwave a complete meal ( by Hormel haha) here

soon and have lunch  be babck later all till then enjoy your day   :ghug  

Yeah, the Princess afghan will be for the American legion's Silent Auction next year.  I have a Dragon in mind for the boy's afghan.  I try and make something different every year.

Hi everyone.

first day back to work and I am exhausted. I moved furniture around in my classroom and attended a couple hours worth of meetings. I made a couple stops on the way home and got wet, the skies decided to open up and dump buckets on us.

Mary Jo, the squares are adorable! Is there a pattern or is this your own design?

I picked up a sub at the market which I am eating for dinner and then I'm going to try to crochet, actually weave in ends, if I can manage to stay awake. Have a great night everyone.

1 hour ago, cshort said:

Hi everyone.

first day back to work and I am exhausted. I moved furniture around in my classroom and attended a couple hours worth of meetings. I made a couple stops on the way home and got wet, the skies decided to open up and dump buckets on us.

Mary Jo, the squares are adorable! Is there a pattern or is this your own design?

I picked up a sub at the market which I am eating for dinner and then I'm going to try to crochet, actually weave in ends, if I can manage to stay awake. Have a great night everyone.

The squares are on a web site called Two Hearts Crochet.  All the patterns are free.  They also have ami's of all kinds.

Yeah the rain missed us and hit your side.

Mary Jo I love the squares especially Belle.  You are doing a good job finding the right colors.  Tell Tampa Guy great minds think alike.  I have been telling dh I would rather watch the eclipse on tv in ac and my chair.  No danger of eye damage that way and not out with the crazies.  I am afraid people may be camped out along and on the highways.  They just dont really know what to expect.  It was so cloudy today you couldnt see it.  It would have just gotten dark.

School starts here tomorrow.

Hello!

2nd day back to work and I'm not as tired as yesterday but it's going to take a few days to get really get back into the swing of things. Our PTA has been amazing this week, Monday they provided a delicious breakfast and $50 gift cards to Target for all the teachers. This morning they had a barista making delicious cappuccinos, lattes and whatever other fancy coffee there is, it was delicious! Tomorrow we are having a surprise treat and Thursday they are catering lunch for us. It's all making the first week back a little easier to handle. 

I'm working on the gilmore girls afghan again tonight and resting.

1 hour ago, cshort said:

Hello!

2nd day back to work and I'm not as tired as yesterday but it's going to take a few days to get really get back into the swing of things. Our PTA has been amazing this week, Monday they provided a delicious breakfast and $50 gift cards to Target for all the teachers. This morning they had a barista making delicious cappuccinos, lattes and whatever other fancy coffee there is, it was delicious! Tomorrow we are having a surprise treat and Thursday they are catering lunch for us. It's all making the first week back a little easier to handle. 

I'm working on the gilmore girls afghan again tonight and resting.

what a nice welcome back from the PTA

oh  yes amazing squares mj   also carol that sounds trrriff with all tha stuff spoiling you all!! wow ihope it keeps up all year for you teachers! 

pine knott keep it up youre doing it!! 

HI BGS!! i will probably do a few of the stockings  they go quickly enough you know nothing much else here more rain on its way rained a bit early this am but has been overcast all day  hope it does rain enough we are awfully dry here it seems    mini is still in heat i guess but thank goodness it probably wont last much longer we hope as we think this is her first  and will for sure be her last lol  

I know I haven't checked in forever. Life has been crazy and I haven't been chatty. School starts up tomorrow - the girls are in 1st and 7th grades. I spent part of the summer worried about my eyes. During a normal checkup, they found what looked like swollen optic nerves. After several tests and a couple of different doctors, it seems that I just have strangely shaped nerves, so that was a relief. Hubby is having back surgery in a couple of weeks. Just craziness!

Mary Jo - that princess blanket is on my list for my younger daughter. Their Star Wars one is on my list for my older daughter.

oh  yes amazing squares mj   also carol that sounds trrriff with all tha stuff spoiling you all!! wow ihope it keeps up all year for you teachers! 

pine knott keep it up youre doing it!! 

HI BGS!! i will probably do a few of the stockings  they go quickly enough you know nothing much else here more rain on its way rained a bit early this am but has been overcast all day  hope it does rain enough we are awfully dry here it seems    mini is still in heat i guess but thank goodness it probably wont last much longer we hope as we think this is her first  and will for sure be her last lol  

oops started this post last night lol  anyway Holly good to hear from you i for one was a bit worried about you  glad your eyes are ok and good luck to hubby on his upcoming surgery  7th grade huh now the real fun begins!! glad all else is ok and the girls are healthy and probably excited for school too but at the same time mixed feelings lol  i was always glad to get back to school but sad too cause our summer was over you know  ''well mary jo five days and bgs i think we will watch the eclipse on tv lol  we will get it here 

but only 98 percent eclipsed here so it will have that two percent ring on the outside rim  that is good enough for me lol south of us in Lincon will get the full effect but getting there for it on a normal day is too much traffic so we opted to watch it safely on tv  they say those glasses they sell are really not that good protection for your eyes as i saw on the news last night   

are any of us in Va Pineknot you are right    is there any overt effects of the protests near where you live  i hope you are far enough away but it is a mess  to be sure   

raining here this am has been alll night i think  flash floods north and west of us in low lying areas   we needed the rain but the trouble with rain is we never seem to get the right amount   either too  much or too little you know  

i find i still cabt wear my rings without fear of loosing them off my fingers i would have thought by now but nope still fall off as my fingers are just too skinny now lol  

Lynda be careful at the mall walking some weird stuff happens in malls   

speaking of weird stuff daughter had some trouble at work she was telling me about  she is admin at an office that disspurses caregivers to clients snd she had some elderly couple tell her they thought a good amount of their prescription drugs were missing  so they had a viisiting nuse regularly as well as the home care gal and ran drug testing on the nurses first they cleared and then daughters employees were asked to comply and all but one did and cleared but the one  that didnt hought of all sorts of reasons she couldnt do it though but daughter told her then you wont work here anymore if it is not ddone by end of bisiness today  she fiinally came in at the last moment and confessed to daughter that it was she that stole the drugs  she was reported immediately to both the police and child protection agencies as she was pregnant not to mention interviwed in the office by a dective  she of course was immediately fired by daughter on the spot and taken  away by police  such a thing huh but i have heard before ofthis happening as an easy way for drug addicts to lay their hands on drugs so just a heads up  keep all meds locked up and or out of reah when you might have people like visiting nurses or home health aides in your house   sheesh!  amd at least they know now yheir people are all  clean huh  i gurss it was quite upsetting to everyone  

i remember our office had a sexual harassment charge once and how upsetting thar was to us all  he got fired as well although i never really beleived he was guilty but someone higher up must have  and a time too that the office cleaner lady stole some checks from our office she too ws caught and prosecuted   and   so what are you goiing to do,huh, watch your own back do your job and report anyrhing suspicious i guess huh is the best advice i can think of        

too much happening in the world now a days and there will always be crime

unfotunately  

well about all for now and i will return again soon  enjoy you day  :ghug oh mini has an appt on tuesday and they told me it doesnt matter if she is in heaat or not but if dhe isnt in heat that works too  but i put it on the day after the eclipse instead of the suggested day of lol  too much traffic to contend eith im sure    

Now you know why I do not turn on the news.  I am so tired of what is going on and what is being said by both sides, that I am now watching movies all day.

So sorry your daughter had such a bad day Katie.

Great PTA Carol.  Holly glad to hear your eyes are ok.  That is a worry.  I go next week to see the eye dr. My yearly.

Nothing much going on.  I am making a goblin outfit for a 5" doll. 

Well, off to see what the rest of the world is doing.

Have a fun day.

Archived