Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Mary Jo thats going to be a very nice angel for your friend.

Linda I hope you dont get storms like the ones that came thru here----so much thunder and lightening and 8 to 9 inches of rain.

Today was a nice sunny day--much cooler (83) and lower humidity.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning

storms stayed south in Carolina,it rained here but barely.

I have just a few more pages on my story called Just a Little Christmas by Janet Dailey,then I can get my raffle ticket for this week,program goes till the 12th of Aug.

I have never came across the name Jubal in any books before

have a wonderful day

well a little cat has kept me busy  she had been in the neughborhood for a couple of days our neighbor has cats so he fed her  yesterday she wandered  

up the steps and when handy opened the gate to thr deck she came right in and course he brought her in last night she is young and seems accustomed

to people but she is so thinand so in good concsios  we are afraid she would get hut by a car or hurt somehow so we cant put her out  again besides its too late she loves us and we have have put the word out but i really hope no one claims her lol i would love to keep her i havent had another "girl" in the house since my ginger passed rip ginger  so   to make a long story shorter and less to type haha we are fostering her for now hoping she andMaxie can come to terms lol  he doesnt llike another cat in the house but would not attack her as he is such a good boy but he is making it known his preference to be an only cat is muchly preferred lol  but he will come arond im sure should we get to keep her after all she like Maxie found us  they seemed to pick  picked us so they are bth having that in common  im thinking in another day or two they will become used to each others scents and tolerate each other at least  

and we have tentively given her a name  we have a Maxie  and now we hope to have Mini join us   lol  oh and she looks so much like Maxie right down to the four white feet  probably acouple generations back but could be a relative of his lol  so we are on 24/7 watch for a couple days till they both relax and get through this get to know you period  shes young probably about 3 months old  well behaved loves to be loved and petted   shes going to be a good addition should we get lucky and get to keep her   

she has used her box and eats well and several times she has crawlwed   up in my chaiir  next to me or in my arm and fallen asleep  i cant not love her lol  so  for these first couple days i keep her with me and have her box in with me and crunchies and water and she and Maxie are getting to know each other through a 3 inch cracked open door  except for their size diff you almost cant tell them apart  i have missed not having another female in  the house with me  lol  but wouldnt trade MAXIE FOR THE WORLD HE IS MY BOY!!

so been keeping busy i guess not much sleep last night but been worse i guess lol  

all for now handy is fixing lunch   more when i can  oh and she likes yarn too like Maxie !!  :manyheart

and i will be able to put that pic back up that says something like two cats are better than one lol  and then shoes two striped grays playing with yarn lol i took it down when my siamese was the last cat to pass and then we got MAXIE AND NOW mINI LOL   We call maxie matti and will probably call mini middi lol nick names you know  

Started the day noticing a flat on dh's car so he put the spare on. It still needs a trip to the shop to find out why the check battery light comes on before driving it anywhere.   Well today my sister needed the infamous sofa at dads house moved from the living room to the garage so it can be picked this week.  Then my niece had a dress she will be wearing in a wedding that had a slit that came up way too high for her to be comfortable in so I closed it up some.  Meanwhile dh cut a smallish dead tree down and cut it and some other limbs into manageable pieces.  

Katy I hope Maxie and Mini work out.  I think our TC knew the only way she was going to survive was to move in with us.  I sat down on some blocks outside and she jumped up in my lap to be petted and cuddled.  I told dh its a lap cat which is what so many people want.  To this day she requires a fair amount of lap time and cuddling.  She will actually fuss at us to get it.  I sleep a lot in my recliner with her sleeping in my lap.

Linda I have heard the name Jubal used on one of the Big Valley episodes.  They are going to start another stocking along for W4W on Ravelry in Aug I think the 14th.  I have been making myself do lapghans when I really want to do stockings.

Mary Jo going to look at your angel now.

Brenda

I met one of the stars from Big Valley,Peter Breck back when he played on a western called Black Saddle,he used to live in our brownstone in Brooklyn,my foster mom,was his landlady,he dropped by and all the kids were calling him Clay,that was his name on the show. I must have been 10 or 11

Jubal,I found is a Hebrew name,its in Genesis,also there was a Confederate general with that name

and hello  

well day three of mini and maxie and they are makinf progress as they can pss each other now without much vocal protest  im glad its looking like it is settling down a bit now

for them and we are finding we dont have to supervise as much now too  

i need to vacuum but that would probably freak her out as ii know maxie absolutely abhors it  

and that would get everyone in a tizzy im sure so it will wait    

boring day otherwise though  did a few dishes and tidied up but nothing major happening    

so all for now and will chat later   sometime soon i will tell you all the rather comical story about me and Kenny Rogers lol  you will shake your heads and mumble  that would only happen in the movies OR to katie lol   "only katy " right   now that i have your attention i gotta go though  be back probably later have a great day  !! 

brenda i bet PRR would accept little stokings with perhaaps a candy cane or a pack of lifesavers or gum tucked IN THEM  in them for thier holiday gifts or party goodies   huh   idea///???? i may have to tey a few lol 

Linda thats pretty neat.  I dont remember that series (I checked and I would have been 3 when it first aired).  Maybe one of the over the air stations in my area will broadcast it as some of the stations are broadcasting the oldies.  I liked him on Big Valley and remember watching it with my grandma when we  spent the summer with her.  I am always amazed seeing such a young Linda Evans and Lee Majors on it.  

Katy and Kenny Rogers I want to hear that one.  Now the words to The Gambler are playing in my mind.  I also really liked a couple he did with Dolly Parton-- Islands in the Stream and I Will Always Love You.  From things I have been reading they have and will most likely be collecting little stockings for PRR.  I really love making them for W4W where they hand them out to our miltary men and women who are on active duty at Christmas.  The lapghans go to some of our veterans.  It makes me happy to be able to do something for our service men and women. 

So here is another lapghan for W4W and more squares for PRR.20170730_112634.thumb.jpg.36125cfdd70c20350d4da3b18fb3acef.jpg20170730_112522.thumb.jpg.bcf4ee73b20c23b9f378a99b4eb6841b.jpg

You are one very busy lady Brenda.  Love the lapghan and squares.

Went to bed last night with a chance of rain today.  Woke up to a Tropical Storm, Emily, off the coast of Tampa Bay area.  It is suppose to cross over us and go into the Atlantic by tomorrow.  Watch out East Coast, it is suppose to reform when it gets into the Atlantic.  So far just a lot of rain.  Not much wind, but they say the winds are up to 45 mph. 

Drat I was going to go to the store today.  Well, I guess I will put it off till tomorrow, when I go for my 3 month check-up.

Time to hanker down and get some crocheting done.  Yeah like that is any different than any other day.

Have a fun day.

Morning all!

Worked all weekend long. It drives me bananas if my back yard is slightly a mess. We had some logs back there on the patio for a project but, decided hopefully in the next 6 months to a year we want to relocate to the country. It may take longer but I don't want it to hit us with a surprise. So slowly I have been getting things out of the house and Saturday we got rid of all most everything in the back yard. It looks awesome. Even if we decide to stay it will be all cleaned up.. But we will continue to purge. I have to learn I need to stop being a pack rat. I have stuff in my attic I haven't seen in 4 years. It's just time one box at a time and get rid of it. That's my goal anyways.

I have received 6 blocks so far.  Anyone else want to help in making some 12 inch blocks in Browns and grays? Sure could use your help. Thanks

I am at the laundromat washing big stuff.  Its just easier to take it and do it all at one time.

Katy this one is like the one I sent you last Christmas but it looks like they have taken the pattern down. Its a 5 round granny square folded in half.

http://crochetjewel.com/?p=4393

RecycleCindy uses this one but says she has modified it.

http://lemondedesucrette.com/little-christmas-socks-the-pattern/

I have made them using this pattern.

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2016/10/01/mini-cuffed-christmas-stocking-pattern/

Havent tried these but they are

Here are a couple of other cute mini stockings that were made for W for W. I love the little bell on the elf shoe stocking. I havent yried them.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/elysseanne/mini-christmas-stocking

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/elysseanne/christmas-stocking

And last but by no means least there is Mary Jo's pattern.  It is made as a flat piece in rows then folded and seamed together 

Sandra sounds like our goals are opposite.  We are getting old and looking to move from the country to the city.  The place is getting too hard to keep up.  It takes us at least 6 hours to mow and longer with any trimming.  We learned the more we kept mowed the fewer ticks the dogs and we had.  There are always more dead trees and brush to cut than we can get too.  The neighbors have a pack of dogs that run wild---nearly killed other dogs that were home in their own pens, killed chickens and dug craters under my shed many times. When they had goats they were always over here.  Then we have the ones that shoot off fireworks that sound and feel like dynamite anytime they want.  They also shoot off guns a lot some such a high caliber it sounds and rocks our house like dynamite.

well brenda i dont know what to say on that other than to document and call the authorities i guess sheesh sounds like a lot to put up with  you know  

sandra im out of the darker colors like browns and such and usuallu\y  dont restock them so i have no more  of your needed colors on hand  or i would do some more for you  just difficult to work with for me   

sounds like you have a spiffy yard now bet the dogs appreciate the space too lol    

i hate clutter and am al;ways getting rid of stuff oh that reminds me got sal army coming tomorrow so have to have aandy carryt hat stuff out for me today

the two kitties are way better today getting along so hopefully they will soon be buds or at least co exist lol

shes a cuddle bug too  max isnt really he only will sit on our laps to be brushed and to get treats (sometimes 4 times a day haha  ) and funny thing he hates the bed she loves it but he has never gotten on the bed not even  the old bed and not even holding him and sitting down with him  she jumps up with ease and loves it and has been everywhere in the house including under it  lol 

Ill be glad when their "scents " get all intermingled into one and they no longer  are leary of each other  we knew maxie would be a handful but she seems to want to be friends  

with him and she is not to be denied lol she stands her ground and he heeds her space like a good boy     

so all calm here for now and i will go and get that box(s) ready to move near the front door for handy to put out in the am  see you later have a good one   

Katy its not illegal so no point talking with authorities.

Sandra if you havent lived in a rural area other things to be mindful of while looking for a place.  We are on a gravel road and the dust is horrendous when its dry.  I cant keep the house clean.  Its hard on cars and my breathing.The road washes and gets full of potholes when it rains but at least it is a county maintained road so they grade it and add gravel.  There are roads out here that the people that live up them have to maintain them.  My mailman is more reliable than internet and cell phone coverage.  For a long time there was just one cell phone company that had coverage here.  It worked pretty good up until a couple of years ago.  Now they say there are too many on the tower so its bumping us off. We cant get  affordable high speed internet so we are on dialup (just saw an article saying 61%of rural Missourians are on dialup). Satellite and the radio frequency internet is expensive.  Thankfully we are on the rural water system even though the water is very hard and causes a ton of plumbing problems.  Dh was on well water for awhile but it had sulfur and when we had the last drought the well went dry until it rained----we use it to water the garden.Septic systems would be a big thing to watch out for.  If its anything like here older systems might not meet the newer regulations which means you can do repairs yourself but if you have to hire it done it has to meet the new regs and can cost $10,000 or more.  One year we had the sewer lines break off both sides of the septic tank after having a couple of years of severe drought.  Of course you need to have your septic tank pumped periodically.  Some people have laterals and leechfields but several have evaporation ponds for the septic tank to drain to but out here it would not surprise me any to find some just straightlining into a ditch. Dh is now digging out and replacing drainage tiles along one side of the house (mumbling loudly among other things I'm not doing anything like this again, I hate this place, I'm gettin outta here but in his defense he dug a trench 3 ft wide 20 ft long and 4 ft deep at its deepest point with a shovel)  He stopped to run to the nearest little town to get something he needed and as usual they did not have it so now its a 60 mile round trip to get it.  We are totally electric so we dont have to deal with a propane tank and having it filled.   We have electricity thanks to the REC ( rural electric cooperative).

Katy it looks good to me.  I made a lot of the 5 round granny square one that is folded in half with stitches added on for the toe part.  W4W likes them in all kinds of colors about 6 inches long but between 4 to 6 inches from toe to top is fine.  You can use acrylic or cotton add embellishments use fun fur.  They can be sewn from fabric. They just want the stockings to be homemade. 

12 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Morning all!

Worked all weekend long. It drives me bananas if my back yard is slightly a mess. We had some logs back there on the patio for a project but, decided hopefully in the next 6 months to a year we want to relocate to the country. It may take longer but I don't want it to hit us with a surprise. So slowly I have been getting things out of the house and Saturday we got rid of all most everything in the back yard. It looks awesome. Even if we decide to stay it will be all cleaned up.. But we will continue to purge. I have to learn I need to stop being a pack rat. I have stuff in my attic I haven't seen in 4 years. It's just time one box at a time and get rid of it. That's my goal anyways.

I have received 6 blocks so far.  Anyone else want to help in making some 12 inch blocks in Browns and grays? Sure could use your help. Thanks

are you still wanting them by the 5th?I'm working on a third one,thing didn't go as planned today,the post office didn't have a mailer,I was going to send the two finished ones and the started one and ask you to finish the rounds,but it came back home with me.

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

are you still wanting them by the 5th?I'm working on a third one,thing didn't go as planned today,the post office didn't have a mailer,I was going to send the two finished ones and the started one and ask you to finish the rounds,but it came back home with me.

I can push it back another two weeks. I am making some right now and looking for some gray yarn. I only have one gray block and the rest different shades of brown. Our Walmart here didn't have any gray, so hoping to get some in really soon or I will have to wait for hubby to get off work sometime and go late to a different Walmart that stays open late or one that's 24 hours. So will see .So you have a little more time. Thank you

Archived