Memory Thread Angel

Tampa Doll

I have a friend who just lost her Dad.  He was 93 and a Vet.  He was buried with full honors in the National Cemetery in Michigan.

I wanted to give her something that would remind her of her Dad and will last.  I decided to make a clothespin angel in red/white/blue.

Syrylo Angel (1).JPG

Syrylo Angel (2).JPG

Thank you all.  I will give it to her DH who comes over and works in our yard.  He does what I use to be able to do.

Yes Brenda, it is variegated thread.  I have both red/whit/blue and green/red/white.  I love the way they work out depending on the pattern. 

7 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you all.  I will give it to her DH who comes over and works in our yard.  He does what I use to be able to do.

Yes Brenda, it is variegated thread.  I have both red/whit/blue and green/red/white.  I love the way they work out depending on the pattern. 

I have or had the green red and white but have been casually on the watch for red white and blue for a few years now but havent seriously looked on line for it.  I like how it worked out with the white wedge in front.  Sometimes the way the colors pool frustrates me.

The red/white/blue was made my America's Best.  It is no longer made, as Peaches and Cream was the company that made it.

You might find some one on the Peaches N Cream site on Ravelry that may have some.

I was afraid it was from years past but keep watching and hoping someone will make it again. I started keeping an eye out for it a few years ago when making hair scrunchies for my sisters.  Its not a pressing need just a I would grab it if I saw it.

Archived