Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hot here too and going to get hotter this week. I had a mishap with my camera on Fri.  I set it on top of what we call the cats room (huge plastic dog crate).  A few minutes later I heard it hit the floor.  It was hours later before I realized that it had to have help falling off.  The little strap was just too much temptation for a little black cat.  She was shut up in her room and in my hurry to go wash up after being in the weeds I bet that strap was dangling in front of the openings that are just the right size for little paws to reach through.  At least the camera seems to still work even though there is a black spot in the view finder.

Sat we moved 3 dryers up from the basement to the garage at my dads house.  We also got the sofa that was in a bedroom moved to the livingroom.  I knew the dryers would be the easier job.  Dad put that sofa in the bedroom 30 years ago because mom wanted it in there.  He always said he would never bring it back out and step mom really wanted it out. Now he delivered furniture for Sears for many years so he knew how to get things through tight spaces so I knew it had to have been a tough job getting that sofa down the long narrow hall and the 90 turn into the bedroom. I have spent a lot of time measuring the sofa, door and hallway.  The sofa was just too big to get through the door even removing a couple of strips from the door way.  It is a hide a bed and the frame on the bottom made it 3 inches too big.  Our last resort was going to be sawing it up and hauling it out in pieces.  Yesterday I took a good look underneath and saw it looked like we could remove screws and bolts and pull the bedframe out of it.    After that it was still tight.  We had to align it perfectly to the door and had to really push to force the upholsterd arms through.  As it came through the door that side had to go up toward the ceiling to slide the other end on out.  We had to pivot it a bit and then pull the end on the foor down the hall letting the other end drop down because of a chandelier light.   The doorway from the hallway into the dining room was just enough inches larger that it wasnt a problem and the opening from the dining room to the living room was easy as its like 5 foot.  When we started I really didnt think we would get it put back together but we did but it was a real balancing trick getting it lined back up right.  We have been trying to figure out how we were going to get it out of there for months and now we finally know how dad got it back there. 

I guess some people out our way celebrated the 4th last night as there were several more fireworks going off.  I hope that was it for this year.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whew i got pooped out just reading your story there  so glad its out though and all back together again  what a job!!yhe heat here is oppressve here too  it presses down  on usabout  in with the ac going almost nonstop still  made a couple squares nd played a game on the computer but that is about it as  

it hs heat just saps any energy one might have right out of us  see tomorrow hope all is well  

out the door early,all three cars/truck go in for service over three days,hopefully they will be able to fix the air in my car,but its going to be iffy,its 21 yrs old

enjoy the day

Hello.

I've been hanging out at my daughter's house today. My daughter had a training to attend and the baby was suppose to start swimming lessons today but the weather caused it to be canceled. The baby is napping now to I'm taking advantage of the time to relax a little, she is always sooooo busy.  I'll be heading home this afternoon with a stop at Joann's for a piece of fabric. Enjoy the rest of the day.

10 hours ago, pineknott said:

out the door early,all three cars/truck go in for service over three days,hopefully they will be able to fix the air in my car,but its going to be iffy,its 21 yrs old

enjoy the day

Boy!  Does this ever sound familiar!!!  We have two old vehicles that are nearly worn out!  My DH's old Ford Windstar Van has many (TOO many!) serious illnesses-- the Air Conditioner no longer works, and the right side window does NOT roll down!  (Can you say HOT?)  The dashboard instruments run wild, and don't light up anymore.  These problems can't be fixed!  My old '99 Nissan Sentra is fairing a little better, thank heaven!  The air works (although I noticed today that it may need a bit more fluid...)  The dashboard has NO lights, so if I drive it at night (which, thankfully, I don't need to!) I have to tape a light to the dash to read the speedometer, and any other indicators on the dash!  And there is "something" (???) rattling around in the front end that needs attention....  But I only need my car 3 times a week, when I go to my crochet classes (I teach 3 different classes.), and they're all in the daytime!  It would be nice to sin a new car, wouldn't it??!!  Of course, then we'd have higher taxes on it!!!  :reyes

whew, still too  ot out for me lol.. so humid, and no storms expected so here we sit in the sauna, lol  How you doing on the ghan Mary jo, is i tall put together yet, lol Im anxious to see a pic of it comcpleted.what type of border did you put around it after all...

wel lall i can say is thank goodness for ac, huh,  are the rest of you in this heat wave or what...good luck with the vehicles linda, sheesh,, all three this week,?? 

How sre the rest of you faring these days, how is snowbear, and lacey, and kaitebug and tribble doing.. Brenda, hope you had a quiet weekend, as you all do so much al the time, need to take some time for you too..  carol sounds like you are as busy as your daughter these days, enjoying your time off,huh... 

well, should hear about my new bed tomorrow, whether it will be on time for delivery this week or what, lol i yhink hsndy  and a neighbor will haul it the old way i mean, away to the landfill, but NOTbefore the new one gets here, or we will have to sleep on the floor,lol and i can't do that!! 

noyhin muvh relse happening out this wa y, just the heat and humidity are the main story of the day i guess... hope allare wel, and taking precautions for the heat if you have it, i have been trying to drink more water, the truth is, i don't like the taste of water, so i avoid it, but most times, i add something to it,like makelelemon ade,or something,ijust don't hardly ever drink straight water,lol  my mom didnt like water either, and neither does my sis, sooooo, family thing i guess... 

well all, hate to say it, but it's time to put mini, missy, and master computers to bed for the night, i might play a game, one more round,lol and call it quits for the night, do you all have a great night, ok...nioght night now. see you in the am...

Good Morning.  Today is a no interloper day.

Yesterday we had the Sears repair come for the yearly on the fridge.  Geeze it is like going to a Dr.  This was the best guy we ever had for the check-up.  He actually pulled the fridge out from the wall.  I had 26 years of dirt on the floor.  He gave me time to use the vacuum and my Swifter jet.  It was actually embarrassing to see all that dirt, but I was never able to move the fridge.  Anyway, he then proceeded to vacuum the inside of the fridge in the back and front.  He checked out the temps inside.  We asked him about a new fridge and he (we are told every year) told us to wait till it dies, as the new fridges are not as good as the one we have.  As long as it works and we have the contract, we are better off waiting.  So I guess the fridge stays.

Sorry to hear about so many problems with cars. I remember when we moved here, I had an 85 Dodge Aries. The air did not work and I had, ready for this? Had roll up windows.  We had to get rid of it, as things were disintegrating from lack of use.  When Dh retired, we went down to one car, as it was cheaper and we did not need 2.  

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi to everyone and big hugs:ghug:hug to you all.

Avon Lady

The Olds we had till last year when it was hit at curbside at our house by a person who had a medical emergency,had no air for 3 yrs and the right side window didn't work,power windows,it would go down,but was the dickens to get back up again,everytime son in law got in the car,he had to be reminded,Don't put the window down.

Katy,its a time management thing with him,do it all and be done,he is on a micro managing thing this week,he hit the skids when he tried to manage my time,we differ greatly on when and how things should be done,how did we make it to almost 47 yrs of married life( next Week)

its going to be 95 with heat index of 103,  8 am this morning it was already 90

well y'all enjoy your day and keep hydrated

hi every one.. another hot one here im afraid, got the ac pumped up to handle thiis heat, heati index is supposed to be near or exceed  115 degrees

and that in any book is hot lol   feeling a bit queasy now, must have moved around too much already  had a piece of toast and a glucerna but i think

lunch may not be on my calendar today unless this passes quickly   good about the fride mj keep it till it dies lol  

yhink i may take a break and sit a bit and relax befor i go back out to the kitchen and put away those dishes i washed earlier 

so ill be back  you all keep cool if you can      till later then  :manyheart

Hello everyone.

Today was laundry and then to my sewing guild meeting which is always fun, we made a really cute sewing tool holder that folds closed to travel to classes. Now I'm at my daughter's house for the night. I posted a picture of a princess dress afghan that I made for my littlest granddaughter and now I'm working on a bigger one for a friend. Guess that's about it for me, have a great evening.

Linda pretty much the same hot weather here--- temps in mid 90's heat indexes 105 to 107.  Hope your car ac is one of the cheaper fixes and not the compressor.  We have old cars too.  We have a 20 year old geo prism (hand crank windows, old style locks,  no radio but has ac) with over 400,000 miles on it.  Congrats on the 47 years (I am going to assume you are going to make it).  Had to smile on the differ greatly on how and when things should be done comment as thats an issue here also.  

Good Morning.  Up at 6 this morning, off to my yearly with the heart Dr.  Getting myself geared up for the weight lecture.

The pillows came in yesterday and I will be sending out the afghan this Saturday.  They really look good. 

Have a fun day.

Good Morning everyone

still without a car,making the shopping list,he'll probably take his truck to the food store,its the only one with air.

heat advisory in effect,so will water early,the plants seem to like this tropical heat,but they seem to dry out quickly,might have to go to twice a day spritz,like I told Rene' I've got them this far,they are not keeling over on me.More and more I'm glad I just decided on patio plantings

enjoy your day and try and stay cool

On 7/10/2017 at 10:41 PM, katyallen8090 said:

cool that you teach crochet avon   i have too, but don't much anymore, as my group kinda fell apart, sooo, lol its ok though, i don't miss it too much, anyway, these days... 

When I started my club, back in May of 2010, we had good attendance--10 to 12 each week.  But as the years rolled on, people quit, or passed away, or got arthritis so bad they couldn't work any longer!  Now we have just 4 of us who come every time!  Oh, every now or then, we'll get someone new, but they don't seem to last as long as in years past!  Sad.....

The visit went well.  He only mentioned Weight Watchers and shook his head at my weight. :sigh

I got the last package for the afghan today, so we will be getting it packed up tomorrow.  I hope to have it out this weekend.

If you go to the 12" square thread, you can see the pillows.  They are done.  I decided to just crochet around them and close them up.

Hot and humid and waiting for the rain.  We had thunder and lightning a little bit ago, but no rain.  Maybe we will get some later.

Gosh it is only 6PM.  I feel like I have been up FOREVER.  I am sleeping in tomorrow till 7.:rofl

Glad your visit went well TampaDoll

the official record of temp,rain, snow are all measured at the Norfolk Airport

well it might have been 95 at the airport,3 pm at my house it was 100 degrees  in the shade,the plants were yelling help us please,amazing how quick they pick up after a gulp of water

10 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Hi,

well my iPad won't start up right. Been dealing with this all week that's why I haven't checked in.

Tampa doll did you get the Afghan done? If so do you have link I can look at it?

take care everyone!

The afghan is done and being packed up today.  You can find it here    I hope to get it out Fri or Sat.

Slept in this morning.  Rough getting up at 6.  Don't know how you all do it.

Hot and humid. Chance of showers.

Hey Pineknott, could you pm me?  I tried to pm you, but apparently it did not go thru.

They lifted the heat advisory last night that has been in effect the last few days and there are chances for rain.  The plants would sure like a good drink after all this heat

Mary Jo you did a good job with all the squares and Anna's owl and lavender doll are nice additions.  I am glad she was able to get them to you to send along.  

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

The afghan is done and being packed up today.  You can find it here    I hope to get it out Fri or Sat.

Slept in this morning.  Rough getting up at 6.  Don't know how you all do it.

Hot and humid. Chance of showers.

Hey Pineknott, could you pm me?  I tried to pm you, but apparently it did not go thru.

sure thing

sent and it said it went thru

Good Afternoon everyone

here it is Thursday and the words I'll drive you wherever you want to go Friday,tells me it will be Monday or Tuesday at the earliest that I'll have my car back

there is a leak that they are trying to find,at least its fixable

hi all  

well the box springs are in  the store but the mattress will be anothe week iguess good news is that they are giving us a new mattress cover and a set of sheets to make up for the w delay!!!So im good with that i guess  i have located a bin of what i thought was holiday yarn and in it  was 4 cones of peaches and cream cotton and several partial bigger balls so i am making some dishcloths/wash cloths now for pine ridge as well  i have some pics on my camera i will try to post later  i have 8 now done and i figure a dozen or so as my short term goal

i have a couple underbed storage bins under m

l lol  or maybe when i run out loly bed that i should go thhrough before the bed comes, and purge some of the contents.. reminds me too, gotta call salvation army to see when is the soonest they can come and make a pick up here...  well i was going to order the maattresss cover, but glad i waited, this one is free, lol  and sheets, just hope they are not white, i hate white sheets, but i have a few that either came home with me from the hostpital, or something, that i have washed and bagged for the sal. army too, and i have some white cotton hospital blankets, seems whenever i was in an ambulance, and there were several different times, they left the sheets and blankets off the gurney with me here... I dont need them, they might make good drop cloths so i will ask handy first if he wants them for that purpose, the sheets are twin so i have no use for them.. the blankets i used at first for a light cover when i first got home, but really they are useless to me as well, as they are just twin size too. salv. army will find them a good home, so i will donate those too.. i have also under there, a couple closed boxes of jar candles, that i can never use tht many, so i will let daughyer pick out what she wants and save a couple in case the power gos out sometime, but certainly can't or won't use all that i have, so some of them will go also... 

so i don't have to move dryers, or sofa beds, bgs, but the above will wear me out just the same as if i did, lol

glad all is well with the doc mary jo, and the ghan and the pillows are perfect.. nice job!!

no car again or still linda, what a pain, you ony really need it when its not available, lol hope they fix  it and you get transportation soon again, lol   even if i don't use the car for days on end, i do like it available, anyway, lol,,

well gals, that is all i got for right now s o i will go and find something to do for  bit and then back to the dishcloths, lol i made them all about well between 8 and 9 and a half inches or there abouts, as any bigger to me is just too heavy and llumsy, .. some like them bigger, i do not, lol ok, so all for now, see you all a bit  later, and take care, cooler here today, but humid as it rained overnight a nice gentle rain, and linda, you are so good to your plants, no wonder they do so good for you, lol ok all for n0w i will check in later   take care,,,  :ghug

hi all. I guess I missed quite a bit. i haven't really been feeling up to doing much lately, and would rather just hide in bed than do anything at all. kids are all doing good now that they(all 3 of the girls) have gotten over that weird virus that's been going around. Fever (103*/104*), headache, body ache for about 2 days then its gone. 

Archived