Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

I have been watching Harvey's advance also.   The wind is bad enough but those predicted rainfalls just make me sick to my stomach.  We have had historical flooding here the past few weeks with half that much rain.  I hope everyone in its path stays safe and that it somehow weakens.  

I have been working on little stockings for w4w and hotpads for my niece.   And Katy please stop by on your way to or from Mary Jo's and give me a hand cleaning and organizing here too.  20170825_120402.thumb.jpg.3ecaecb406104ca8293eea399396a200.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the hot pads Brenda.

I can't believe I am saying this, (not a cowboy fan) but I have faith in Texas.  Like Florida, they know how to handle a hurricane and where to go if they need help.  I heard that the Gov. of Florida called and offered any help they need.

We called the tree people this morning and were told, unless they are called by FEMA, they will be out here next week for an estimate.  They are on the FEMA list to help.  They were notified this morning they are on call.

Happy Friday! :dance

Brenda, the hot pads look great.

I had a surprise in the mail today, Katy thank you for the book, I will definitely put it to use.

It's been a busy week and I think I am going to sit and crochet tonight. 

I hope everyone in the path of Harvey stays safe, I'm praying. 

Have a good evening everyone.

0h bgs they are adorable love them all  !!  i heard ya mj clening really deep down like i did the pas couple of days does take its toll lol but nothing a couple of aspirins wont help with i hope least till i lay down to go to sleep lol  thats when ill notice it  

got some really sad news for me and handy  took mini in on Tuesday for her surgery earky am  they called bout 11 am  i thought we could go and get her   the gal on the phone said they found a microchip and had called her owners to come and get her  we dont know if she had the surgery or if she didnt and  how she did  they would not release any info but did give my number to her  so far no call  didnt want m uch just to know if she was ok and doing well at home  we loved her so much for the short time we had her  she brought such a joy to us and we miss her every day  

we c0uld  not  be consoled with the fact that by now she is back with "her people " as we know she would have had a full life with us rich in love and good health  and can only hope she is happy and lives a long healthy life    We know nothing of her "people' just that she slipped out the door about a month before we got her and   the space in our hearts mini lived in is now filled simply with only memories of her will be there for a very long time as she really meant a lot to us  when handy weny down to pick up our carrier they woulndt even let him say goodbye to her  her little eyes just haunt  us  

the very night this happened handy had a dream  as he told me of it his voice was shaky and his eyes were tearing up  First of all i was aMAZED cos he says he never dreams at all  he saw it through minis eyes this dream  she was grateful to us for getting her back to her family and for all our care and getting her back to good health and  she would al\ways hold a place open in her heart too for us and then she called out like she did here a few times and her sibling came running to her     

then it was over  he was dead serious and said although he felt so sad about losing her he also felt better seeing her and her sister in good health and together again  too   so folks   thats been my week so far not the best  have looked for mini next to me or in her sleeping places or following me around since  

we will miss her forever  i had a dream that night too i was in a room full of kittens desperately trying to find mini there were all white ones all black ones some yellow ones and some siamese and calicos and i wanted them all  but all i kept thinking was i just want my mini      so there you have it  heartbroken and empty i had to go to work on some project to keep my mind off it which is the real reason i tackled  that darn closet   honest though glad i did and its done and it worked for the first couple days  i guess  

thats all for me folks im out for a bit you all keep a prayer set aside for min min will ya thanks :(

2 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

0h bgs they are adorable love them all  !!  i heard ya mj clening really deep down like i did the pas couple of days does take its toll lol but nothing a couple of aspirins wont help with i hope least till i lay down to go to sleep lol  thats when ill notice it  

got some really sad news for me and handy  took mini in on Tuesday for her surgery earky am  they called bout 11 am  i thought we could go and get her   the gal on the phone said they found a microchip and had called her owners to come and get her  we dont know if she had the surgery or if she didnt and  how she did  they would not release any info but did give my number to her  so far no call  didnt want m uch just to know if she was ok and doing well at home  we loved her so much for the short time we had her  she brought such a joy to us and we miss her every day  

we c0uld  not  be consoled with the fact that by now she is back with "her people " as we know she would have had a full life with us rich in love and good health  and can only hope she is happy and lives a long healthy life    We know nothing of her "people' just that she slipped out the door about a month before we got her and   the space in our hearts mini lived in is now filled simply with only memories of her will be there for a very long time as she really meant a lot to us  when handy weny down to pick up our carrier they woulndt even let him say goodbye to her  her little eyes just haunt  us  

the very night this happened handy had a dream  as he told me of it his voice was shaky and his eyes were tearing up  First of all i was aMAZED cos he says he never dreams at all  he saw it through minis eyes this dream  she was grateful to us for getting her back to her family and for all our care and getting her back to good health and  she would al\ways hold a place open in her heart too for us and then she called out like she did here a few times and her sibling came running to her     

then it was over  he was dead serious and said although he felt so sad about losing her he also felt better seeing her and her sister in good health and together again  too   so folks   thats been my week so far not the best  have looked for mini next to me or in her sleeping places or following me around since  

we will miss her forever  i had a dream that night too i was in a room full of kittens desperately trying to find mini there were all white ones all black ones some yellow ones and some siamese and calicos and i wanted them all  but all i kept thinking was i just want my mini      so there you have it  heartbroken and empty i had to go to work on some project to keep my mind off it which is the real reason i tackled  that darn closet   honest though glad i did and its done and it worked for the first couple days  i guess  

thats all for me folks im out for a bit you all keep a prayer set aside for min min will ya thanks :(

We're so sorry for your loss of Mini, but, like you, glad she found her way back home.  What a heartbreak, and at the same time, some happiness for her, too.  You'll always have her in your hearts!  Bless you both.  

Good Morning,

Sorry to hear about the kitty Katy, but she may be back with her little girl.

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi.  Watching the news reports on TX.

Off to make breakfast and then to finish the pocket on the tote.

Have a good day.

thanks all for the good thoughts on mini  im im not sure if she had a sibling or another cat at that home and no word about her has come so i guess we'll never know    but  better now but every day still miss that little face you know  you are so welcome sandra as i thought maybe that would cheer you up to get some goodies lol  charis and avon hi ya good to see you again  tampa i have been watching the weather channel today too it is not gonna move for a while take care to all in its path!! 

qyiet here weather wise maybe storms later  did your tree people come mj or were they called out to tx?

its bad for all the animals as well they really have no place dry to go maybe up a tree if they are able you know   so the shelters will soon fill and those they get in will be the lucky ones  just terribly sad huh  

well i finished up a 32 by i think 36 inch  when the trim rows are on it lol baby ghan for pine ridge today ill snap a pic after it lays out for a da y or so  its made from 8 in pastels trimmed last row in soft white in colors like pink aqua yellow lt blue and soft green  took 12 of those so trimmed them ouut  all yesterday and this am put it together  tomorrow  maybe the outside trim huh  then ill take a pic    so stay tuned!! it came out really nice  i used the solid granny squares both  in the color squares nd pattern lol  and put it together with the invisable joining method good to see holly and thanks   

time to run off for a bit  stay safe all:manyheart 

thanks to all for your thoughts on mini

hope pineknot is enjoying her free time she is missed           

Katy my heart aches with you and Handy over losing Mini.  Thank you so much for my surprise package ----yep I make hats and scarves and keep thinking about trying tunisian. 

Its my niece's birthday so we treated her to lunch at the  Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza.  She loved all her hotpads,towel toppers in most every solid color of rhss there is and kitchen towels for every season and holiday.

Hello,

Katy, I'm sorry about your kitty.

Brenda, the stockings are very cute.

I finished my oldest granddaughter's snow white dress today. I also did laundry today and had my littlest granddaughter here for a couple of hours. Now I'm going to watch some TV and crochet. 

WIN_20170826_16_38_31_Pro.thumb.jpg.cc98b6177cd937d78d16e80e00521ab9.jpg

wow  gbgs  that was a terrificb irthday gift!! and im sure niece absoutely loved it and will for a long time to come as well  

thanks for the mini comment,heart is not healed yet, may neever be, but somewhat tolerabe for now.. those are so cute stockings, which pattern do you find the most fun, the granny ones, or these little sock ones you  ?if i make some it will lbe the granny ones as i think i already know how, or remember how, lol  Im just happy you don't  have to make pairs, lol glad you liked the books too, i thought of your hats and scares, and though you might have fun with that, plus tunesian is really easy, once you get the hang of it, i promise, lol  

carol what a darling dress, she will love it, has she seen it or tried it on yet, as i would love to see her in it  you did a teriffic job on it carol, darling... love the darker blue bodice, just like the real snnow white, lol  

morning ssems so quiet in here now i noticed this am, since piney knot is knot here, lol   hope she returns to us soon... i don't know  if she went on a vacation, or what, but hope she is enjoying her time out days... we all need mental health days, as we used to call them, at the courthouse, and believe me, there, we did really need them, lol

it was sort of  thankless job, you know, oh, im going to jail??,    THANK YOU lol    don't thinink so,. lol  sill raining in tx.  gonna maybe rain here a bit tonight.. handy got the paving of  the sidewalk done earlier this aft, so the rain won't hurt it now, thank goodness.. looks so nice out front now, lol    good for  another few years anyway...lol 

I will start the edging on that ghan tomorrow maybe, idunno, we"ll see what the day has in store, sometimes i have one set of plans, and the day has a  whole different set of plans in mind   it usually wins, i hate to  say, lol  

well dryer is ready for some folding so i will leave you for now so   you all have a restful and peaceful evening ok :ghug  

yes linda that is what we thought too  oh well huh  maybe next week  we can hope anyway  

are you enjoying your time out days lol  i remember thinking when i was so sick that i wish i felt like posting cos i missed everyone so much but mind and body were against that idea

rained a bit this am but poor Houston huh  they are telling people to get out of their attics and on the roof or they might drown  in all this flooding i thought maybe easier to helicopter them out as well   everything is flooding there  i thought we were to get no more floods  and rainbows were a promise of that yes??

oh i hear the weedeater out back  handy must have gotten bored with what is not on tv lol

Maxx is still looking for mini  i think he was in the craft room in the night as the cotton tea towel i had used to put under a water bowl when she was here was across the room this am lol  he was prbably checking it out thinking min was still here but wehre?

finished off that ghan earlier this am  put one row white one row yellow both granny clusters and then one row mint green in  sc  turned out even lol  i always worry about that but it worked out nicely so will fold it up again and get it ready for prr   

all for now i guess stuff to do today but nothing major for sure

that orange is really a very soft peach lol   

000_0286 (2).JPG

0n ext page lol  as this is the end finally of this paget i liked the go to last post feature beefore  this way we have to run through  the whloe  lonng page   bummer    and there is 18  or 19 p0sts on this lloonngg page       

Carol love the costume.  I always enjoy seeing your sewing projects.

Linda glad you popped in.  I have always appreciated your pretty much daily greetings and well wishes you leave for us here.

Katy love the afghan.  You always do such a good job putting the colors together.  I like the way you finished it off.  I am just so sorry about Mini.  I find myself wondering how far did she wander from her other home and keep thinking how close by she may be. 

Its a raining here today.  It sort of makes me anxious in light of our recent flooding.  Then to see the flooding in TX and knowing it is on a much larger scale just makes me so sad.  Its just horrible.  I saw on the news Fri  a mobile medical unit from here was headed down there, another group was taking bottled water and supplies, and one guy was taking his mobile bbq kitchen to help feed those responding to help.  He went into a local  Sams club to buy all the pork they had and the store donated 900 pounds to help out.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the compliments on the dress, my granddaughter has not seen the dress yet,  but the dress in how she described it and  looks like a picture she drew of it. 

Katy, the afghan is very pretty.

We are on our 4th day of rain I think but nothing like what Texas is getting. It was actually clear this morning, I went to church, the education store and Walmart while the weather was nice. It started raining and thundering about an hour after I got home. My son-in-law dropped off my littlest granddaughter this afternoon, she is napping right now so I thought it would be a good time to pop in and say hello.

Tomorrow it's back to work and then to the dentist for two new crowns. After all that fun I think I'll take a drive to Hobby Lobby for some yarn. I've almost finished the Gilmore Girls afghan I'm working on but I don't want to take it with me to my daughters at the end of the week because it's a surprise for her. So I need to get some yarn to start working on princess squares while I'm there. We are also going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party so I'll need something to do for the ride and princess squares seem very appropriate for a trip to Disney.

I guess that's enough rambling for now. I hope everyone has a great evening and a wonderful week.

Oh Carol not two crowns.  Yes definately go buy yarn.  The Disney Halloween thing sounds so neat.  It must be so much fun doing it with your grands.  I love seeing little ( and big) kids in costume. Hope you have a good week.

hi all full day for you all  yes bgs i do imagine mini is not going to slip out again though  i know one time is all it takes to watch those doors lol  if she were to find her way back they would not get her back this time  we already decided that   but it is pretty certain they will not be so careless again  least i hope not for miini"s  sake anyway she has no clue about cars and roads and other such dangers you know we have a small fox population so that too is a concern with outside creatures im sure            

as for my day oh thanks for the comments on the ghan i thoght it turned out really nice   simple edging  seemed to finish it off  good too that is assorted big and smaller balls of color and a full skein of soft white   

got some vacuuming done and a bit of dusting a load of towels done and  the vacs that have bags (two' - portable hanheld and craft room upright) got thier bags emptied too  Dusty but necessary little job   haha  

we had  home made taccos for din din so that was tasty  and splurged on an ice cream sandwich for desert too   i know but handy found some with only 10 grams of sugar in  them so that is less than i can have daily lol    

i have an idea for the kids at pine ridge  for Christmas pass-outs  if i can find what i need to make them lol  i probably will order  that online  ill be more specific later when i have made some lol but the idea is alive and cooking lol   OH and some little brenda stockings too lol  what ever can fit in them like gum chapstick or life savers i dunno what are some more ideas??  these will be for the kids so think kid minded lol do    you put stuff in your bgs  ??   for the ww project? ok all for now you people have a good one ok  :ghug

Archived