My first purse

Irene

Here is my first post with a picture and this is my first purse I've made. :clap :clap I really like the color and stitch. It was made with raffia (you go very fast with this kind of material). I would like your comments. Thank you.

th_Irene068.jpg

WOW! I love your purse! The color is great!

What are the large stitches on the purse, below the sc's?

I'm going to have to try raffia (I especially like things that work up fast). You did a great job!

WOW! I love your purse! The color is great!

What are the large stitches on the purse, below the sc's?

I'm going to have to try raffia (I especially like things that work up fast). You did a great job!

Tracey:

I do not know the name of the stitch, but will try to explain how to do it: one dc in the next three chain space and the fourth dc cross in front the past three and insert the hook in the base of the first dc and finish that dc as usual. Then sk one chain and work again.

Is there someone who know the name of the stitch or maybe explain better than me? :hook

That is great!!! Where:) do you buy Raffia??

Sorry, I bought in a local craft store (I live in Guatemala) and was in sale. It costed aprox. US$0.50 the ball and I used only one!! The handles costed US$1, so my purse is very cheap. :hook

Tina: I didn't follow any pattern. It is just an idea that turned out very well :think I would like to write down the instructions, but I do not know how because of my english.

i just found this on a pattern for a dc cross stitch shrug

Chain 3 (counts as 1st double crochet here and throughout). Work 1 double crochet in each of the next 3 stitches. Skip 1 stitch, work double crochet in the next stitch, work 1 double crochet in the stitch just skipped (1 cross stitch completed). Repeat working cross-stitches across, working 1 double crochet in each of the last 4 stitches.

not sure if this is what you did :cheer

i just found this on a pattern for a dc cross stitch shrug

Chain 3 (counts as 1st double crochet here and throughout). Work 1 double crochet in each of the next 3 stitches. Skip 1 stitch, work double crochet in the next stitch, work 1 double crochet in the stitch just skipped (1 cross stitch completed). Repeat working cross-stitches across, working 1 double crochet in each of the last 4 stitches.

not sure if this is what you did :cheer

I think is similar with my one, I only worked with 3 stitches and not with 4. The names change from one language to another, but I would believe is almost the same.

Archived