racerose

Pineapple Christmas tree - Herrschner's pattern

Oh wow ... that's amazing. I can't imagine making something like that!

i have made a angel like that, is not that hard to stiffen the thread. i used a product called stiffy, works really good. you can also use starch as it will also work. but you should not be afraid to try it. i bet you could make it:manyheart :manyheart

I have made Angels and snowflakes. I have wanted to make that tree, but haven't gotten around to it.

Anyway, I use a product called Aleene's Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid. With this, if I need to, I can also add water to make it thinner. You can also use Elmer's glue and water. That is suppose to work. :hook

Someone told me to use sugarwater for a stiffener. Didn't tell me about the ants....

I used the glue and water mixture on my snowflakes this year. It really does a great job. Just remember equal parts. That tree is wonderful. I'd like to try that sometime myself.

What a beautiful tree! I've not gotten up the courage to try anything like that....one of these days! :lol

Wow, that is gorgeous! I have used the glue and water stiffener. It's a little messy, but works really well.

The $16 includes the thread, beads AND pattern, which might be a bit easier to swallow. :D

Here is a kit on ebay...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pineapple-Christmas-Tree-Crochet-Kit-w-Beads-11x10-5-/380769729619?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a7a4fc53

Also if you do a search on ebay for a "crochet pineapple Christmas tree pattern",  the written pattern only is for sale cheaper than this kit.

Edited by silverbelle29