Pineapple Christmas tree - Herrschner's pattern

racerose

i have made a angel like that, is not that hard to stiffen the thread. i used a product called stiffy, works really good. you can also use starch as it will also work. but you should not be afraid to try it. i bet you could make it:manyheart :manyheart

I have made Angels and snowflakes. I have wanted to make that tree, but haven't gotten around to it.

Anyway, I use a product called Aleene's Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid. With this, if I need to, I can also add water to make it thinner. You can also use Elmer's glue and water. That is suppose to work. :hook

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Here is a kit on ebay...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pineapple-Christmas-Tree-Crochet-Kit-w-Beads-11x10-5-/380769729619?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a7a4fc53

Also if you do a search on ebay for a "crochet pineapple Christmas tree pattern",  the written pattern only is for sale cheaper than this kit.

Edited by silverbelle29

• 7 years later...
On 10/13/2005 at 12:05 AM, mythunderbird said:

i have made a angel like that, is not that hard to stiffen the thread. i used a product called stiffy, works really good. you can also use starch as it will also work. but you should not be afraid to try it. i bet you could make it:manyheart :manyheart

On 10/12/2005 at 11:15 PM, racerose said:

Droooool... I love this pineapple Christmas Tree. Has anyone ever made anything like this? I've never used the fabric stiffener with thread crochet.

http://herrschners.com/products/sku-587944__id-656__tab-2.html

th_WW587944z.jpg

I have been looking for this pattern...Could you please help? Thank you

• 2 years later...

Sorry Maggs but this is out of print from a year 2000 pattern. Your best bet is to write directly to Herrschner's. Copies of the pattern, which is copyright infringement, are evidently being sold around the world such as Russia and Italy just to name a few. Here's a photo of the info for the company if you decide to contact them. Hope this helps you.

Tree pic.jpg