Do you spend more time looking at patterns than crocheting?

I have been looking at other peoples prettys and patterns for about 4 hours now and it is only 1 pm, and have not gotten a thing done. I am stuck on my toothfairy doll, and keep finding new patterns i want to make...of just about everything, My bookmarks are growing at alarming rates., reading patterns for HOURS, and wanting to start a cdishrag with my new cotton, a purse I saw, a doily, and start afghans for 2 grandaughters, and thinking thinking, maybe start my pillows to match my bedspread..so far all I do is think, and read. having a non productive day so far.

Well sometimes this DOES happen because I have to pick up patterns when I see them. If I tell myself I'll go back later or tomorrow, I'll never find the right one again.

Like Michelle (RoseRed) said, "You're in good company". :lol

Every morning I sit with my first cup of coffee and check the 'Ville, then wind up looking at or for a pattern(s). I may look on Pinterest or Ravelry and just browse. I should be doing other things but, you know how that goes, cannot help myself. I bead, paint and embroider but they have gone on the wayside to my love (addiction) of crochet. :eek

:lol My name is Cheryl and I am a crochet pattern-acholic. :lol

I do spend a lot of time looking at and printing out patterns. Then I store them in binders or on my laptop with every intention of crocheting them wne I retire and have more time. I now believe that I will have to live until I am 150 to complete all the patterns that I have (so far). :eek

Cheryl

Oh my yes. I keep saying I'm going to do this, this and this. Then I pop on here and it's 4:30 pm and I sit and think oh my goodness..Can't wait for my laptop to get repaired, I was more productive that way. There's one pattern I can't get to print for the life of me and it would be soo nice to have my laptop next to me and be in my recliner, crocheting away..

I have been looking at other peoples prettys and patterns for about 4 hours now and it is only 1 pm, and have not gotten a thing done. I am stuck on my toothfairy doll, and keep finding new patterns i want to make...of just about everything, My bookmarks are growing at alarming rates., reading patterns for HOURS, and wanting to start a cdishrag with my new cotton, a purse I saw, a doily, and start afghans for 2 grandaughters, and thinking thinking, maybe start my pillows to match my bedspread..so far all I do is think, and read. having a non productive day so far.

I will typically visit the 'Ville and Ravelry before I even grab my hook, regardless of what project I'm working on!

(that's what I'm doing right now).

Oh yes, I spend much more time looking at patterns, storing some on a thumb drive, and saying "someday" than I actually do crocheting. Part is not being able to afford buying yarn for a patterned afghan, and part is just lazy me.

I went into a local yarn shop one day, and they were poking fun at me because I spent so much time looking at patterns.

Yes, I have a pattern problem... What's worse, if I'm making something for work (I'm a crochet instructor) and I don't enjoy the pattern, I tend to avoid working on it. But then I feel guilty if I work on anything else, so then I just don't crochet for awhile.. But that doesn't stop me from looking at patterns!

Sometimes I regret that I spend so much time looking at patterns, and crocheting that my housework seldom gets done. Then I look at how some people spend their days--just sitting in a chair, doing absolutely NOTHING! Then I'm just thankful that I have such an interest in something that actually completes my life! And I'm able to give so much of my completed crochet to others! So what if it's going to take me 476 years to make everything I have patterns for!!:rofl:rofl

• 3 weeks later...

Like Michelle (RoseRed) said, "You're in good company". :lol

Every morning I sit with my first cup of coffee and check the 'Ville, then wind up looking at or for a pattern(s). I may look on Pinterest or Ravelry and just browse. I should be doing other things but, you know how that goes, cannot help myself. I bead, paint and embroider but they have gone on the wayside to my love (addiction) of crochet. :eek

I do this also.  Glad to  know I'm not alone!  :ghug

I love looking at patterns!  I started buying patterns many years ago when I could barely read one.  Some how I managed to make my dd a pair of slippers once and I made one granny square.  Now that I can read patterns, I too have more than I'll likely make.

I also have a lifetime plus supply of cross stitch supplies!

I love patterns, I have them stashed everywhere. Pintrest is not helping me either lol!

I have a binder full,so many seem to get sucked in by pintrest,I just glance at it when my dd has it open,but don't go there myself

• 3 months later...

Ha! Who has time for a meeting? I want to look at patterns! LOL

It's crazy isn't it? I too have so many patterns I would have to live 2 lifetimes in order to make everything in this library. I cringe at what may happen to all of them when I die.

I even enjoy looking through all my 11 binders categorizing the types of patterns. Most are patterns I printed out because I knew so many would get closed up with the websites when they went down years ago. That was before personal libraries were on any sites.

And Pinterest? That's another Ha. That's the site I said frequently about  "Oh I probably won't ever use Pinterest. What's the sense of it?"..... Yea right. I'm on it too, ogling all the pretties and again trying to find where the pattern originates. 

But, be that as it may, I do try to control myself more now so I do get the crocheting completed. And the embroidery, the beading, the painting, and the Hubster says since I'm better about it, he'll save money on a psychologist.   :-)

I have now compiled somewhere around a zillion patterns, LOL!!! When and where is that meeting....

Archived