2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Well, since no one has done the scores yet, I'm going to add the yarn I got!

WTD -132

YTD -580

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...must be summertime!  

Gold Medal Bailey4 +5

Silver Shining_Star +3

Bronze - 2 way tie

Addicted2patterns +2 and

PBLNKP +2

Others using up yarn:

tnkycrochetnut +1

homesteadingwife +1

Frloplady +1

Holding steady:

Ellie 13

greyhoundgrandma

BigPinkPolkaDot

crabby rat

VikingRunnerGirl

Basking in new yarn:

pineknott -4

Just-In -47

And the Shoot the moon winner with an impressive score

Braxxi -132!

Several days ago Lion Brand Yarn posted this on their Facebook page:

A lady never discusses the size of her yarn stash.

It made me think of this CAL.  While I don't think any of us have ever mentioned/discussed exactly how many skeins/partial skeins of yarn is in our stashes, we sure do discuss how many we have added or used up.  It sure is fun to learn that most of us are exactly alike in that we can't pass up a good sale on yarn.  Also whenever we are in a store that sells yarn some skeins just seem to jump off the shelves into our shopping carts.  And we all have favorite colors and/or brands that we always like to have on hand.

May we always keep those hooks a flying!!!!

Last Sun. I passed a yard sale that was almost over and there wasn't much left. The lady said everything was 1/2 off, so I looked around and found a box with :yarn marked $1 each. There were 3 skeins cotton and 3 slightly used skeins (oz. or 2 used), RHSS maybe :think, no labels. 50 cents each and me with only $2.37 :no . I couldn't leave any behind, just think what might happen to them :cry . So I made an offer, $2.37 for all, she took $2 and left the change. Good for the :yarn, bad for my score (-12). Each cotton skein makes 1 potholder, so I made 3 potholders (+6). The other colors were 2 red and 1 white, so I made a Christmas stocking, and rolled 2 down (+2).

WTD: - 4 YTD: + 83 So far it looks like I might Shoot The Moon. Since the library is closed on Sundays, somebody else will have to post the scores for me next week. Sorry.

Ellie 13

I crocheted a HAP ghan together this week and was left with a small ball of the put-together yarn.  I didn't count the skein coming in because it wasn't mine.  But, since I have that little amount left, I'm supposed to keep it for other charity work.  Maybe I'll use it to add stripes to one of these hats I'm doing.

For week ending July 27, 2013:

WTD:  -1  /  YTD:  -137

We went on  a family vacation this week. I managed to use up a skein before we left and got some hook time in the truck and managed to use up another skein. I couldn't convince the hubby to stop at the alpaca farm we passed to look for yarn though.

WTD: +4

YTD: -635

That is awesome I won a Bronze medal!

So far this week I have used up 2 and purchased 1. +2 so far this week.

Well looks like I am not going to use up any more yarn this week.

WTD: +2 YTD: -193 7/27/13

Whoops!! I forgot this is the last Saturday of July.  We will need to post our YTD scores as well as our WTD scores.

My score for the week ending July 27, 2013 is:

WTD: +0  YTD: -2

Well, I didn't get as much hooking done this week.  But I did manage to use up a partiel skein that was laying here.

WTD: +1  week ending 7/20/13

Hey Melani, wish your daughter a very happy birthday from my family.  Hope she has a great day!

Thank you so much, Lynn!!  I will... I haven't been on the computer much this week, and haven't been on the 'ville at all, so I'm only just now seeing this message... LOL  Sending you and yours great big :hug

Haven't been on the computer, nor have I been hooking... can't wait for things to settle down just enough for me to get some time in with my yarn and hooks!!!  LOL

WTD 0 / YTD +65 week ending 7/27/2013

pineknott--at least it's positive, even if not as much as you would like!

We're in one place for several days after a week on the road. We met the new GD last night and she's a cutie pie! No crochet time. Unfortunately I tend toward motion sickness if I read or crochet, etc in the vehicle. So no change this week....

WTD 0 / YTD -152

Good Morning!

I am hoping that I am not too late to join this CAL? I have so much yarn around my house that I think that this would be a good CAL for me to be part of! If it is to late for me to join I completely understand.

Thank you!

Meli

NEVER TOO LATE TO JOIN US!

Good Morning!

I am hoping that I am not too late to join this CAL? I have so much yarn around my house that I think that this would be a good CAL for me to be part of! If it is to late for me to join I completely understand.

Thank you!

Meli

Archived