Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

:D Have you joined the Stashbusting thread, AngelRose? ;)

I've been pretty good about yarn buying (not so much yarn using!) since I joined that thread, but... I'm thinking about leaving work early to stop by our JoAnn to pick up a worsted skein or two. I don't have any yellow, you see, and it seems like it would be so helpful for some of the friendship-ghan squares... right?

I haven't. I don't know that I would be good at stashbusting :devil Funny you say that because I also had no yellow. I just HAD to buy yarn :heehee

I'm in the middle of organizing my yarn better. Once I finish, I'll see if I can try stashbusting. I really must, I know, but it's so hard to leave yummy yarn behind without a good home :lol

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I pm'd you brenda, that's a pretty darn good record though, for all those thousands you have mailed out, you have got to hold the record for sending out squares!!! Great job, and thank you!

:think:thinkThere is no pm in my box. You are giving me way more credit than I deserve. I have only mailed out around 250 squares and the mia record isn't near that good if you figure in those from the old thread. I always seemed to have a knack to mail out just when people disappear. I almost felt like I was a jinx for people.

:think:thinkThere is no pm in my box. You are giving me way more credit than I deserve. I have only mailed out around 250 squares and the mia record isn't near that good if you figure in those from the old thread. I always seemed to have a knack to mail out just when people disappear. I almost felt like I was a jinx for people.

ha ha, no, you are not a jinx, you are an angel with granny square wings!!!!! This time Im sure I hit send on your pm, lol

I could never even attempt the stashbusting CAL. I don't feel a need to get rid of mine. On the contrary I want it to take over my house by the time the kids are at home leaving age so I have a valid excuse to not have them live with me forever. "Honey you know how mummy always wanted a craft room? Well yours is it."

I started on some more pledged squares last night and realized I have no light pink! I managed to find some in a softer yarn. I really need to tidy my yarn shelves so I know what's available. I'm hoping to send all my packages together on Wednesday.

AUGH! :yell I wanted to sit down and work on my square tonight - but it's in my purse. That I left at the office. That I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to go pick up, because "I don't really need it for anything until tomorrow anyway...." :bang

aw, well take the evening for rest and relaxation instead!

I have a pic here, of some really bright squares I made, using up a couple small balls of odd brights and varigateds, and am going to post them here, for your pleasure....

I figure pm me if you are interested in recieving them, by midnight tomorrow, and I will chose at random a number of a post, and that is who is going to get them...Pays to check in the thread now and then, eh. lol

ok, here they are, I call them. Crayon Box colors!! bright primarys, and some varigated in there too, all 6 inchers! anyone interested, just pm me please, before midnight on the 20th, Saturday, you will be included in a random drawing of post numbers, and good luck to the winner!!

Forgive the poor pics, they really are much prettier in person.........thanks!~:manyheart

They're beautiful Katie!! But then you know how partial I am to variegated yarn :hook

I could never even attempt the stashbusting CAL. I don't feel a need to get rid of mine. On the contrary I want it to take over my house by the time the kids are at home leaving age so I have a valid excuse to not have them live with me forever. "Honey you know how mummy always wanted a craft room? Well yours is it."

/QUOTE]

I attempted at the beginning of the year, but then I started so many new projects that I figured I'd be so negative, and I was having a hard time keeping track :) Honestly I love my yarn, I love buying it, and I can't wait to have a craft room full of it! (Ha maybe I'm in denial, lol)

AUGH! :yell I wanted to sit down and work on my square tonight - but it's in my purse. That I left at the office. That I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to go pick up, because "I don't really need it for anything until tomorrow anyway...." :bang

Oh I hate that!! I'm actually packing up a bag to take with me on my weekend trip. Lots of yarn, hooks, and I've even emailed patterns to my phone, lol! 10 hours in the car with plenty of time to crochet!

I've been on the stashbusting thread 3 or 4 yrs now,this year I have the overall lead,watch me jinx myself saying that,I only can get one or two skeins if I run out of a color,I've been gifted yarn three times this month,keeping my score for the last two wks at 0,use up 4 balls or finish off 2 skeins and remain at zero both times

those 100 hats for boxing day sure ate up alot of yarn with it being double standed.

They're beautiful Katie!! But then you know how partial I am to variegated yarn :hook

ah yes, you are a lover of that aren't you, he he he.

/QUOTE]

I attempted at the beginning of the year, but then I started so many new projects that I figured I'd be so negative, and I was having a hard time keeping track :) Honestly I love my yarn, I love buying it, and I can't wait to have a craft room full of it! (Ha maybe I'm in denial, lol)

Oh I hate that!! I'm actually packing up a bag to take with me on my weekend trip. Lots of yarn, hooks, and I've even emailed patterns to my phone, lol! 10 hours in the car with plenty of time to crochet!

Oh, I would hate to be in the minus with yarn,,,,:eek

I've been on the stashbusting thread 3 or 4 yrs now,this year I have the overall lead,watch me jinx myself saying that,I only can get one or two skeins if I run out of a color,I've been gifted yarn three times this month,keeping my score for the last two wks at 0,use up 4 balls or finish off 2 skeins and remain at zero both times

those 100 hats for boxing day sure ate up alot of yarn with it being double standed.

wow lady.....you are a crocheting machine! :cheer

I'll post soon as it makes it's way home :)

@@@@on a side note if anyone wants , four 6"ers would be fine as well

hi all, ya see, i love this, she posted that four 6ers would be fine as well, that helps everyone who has probs with the larger squares, lol Lacey is a great little Biggest Square!! lol :cheer Oh and some wonkyness is fine, just that mine usually turned out REALLY bad wonky, lol not so though, with squaring the big circle square!! I tell no lies!:no lol

And something else too i was gonna remind everyone about, tonight at midnight is the deadline to pm me if you want those bright and varigated squares in my earlier post!! (post 1923) I will pick a winner from the pms i get by random number, soooooooo tonight is the deadline. :D

Also, I had a question from a potential join-ee, and I thought I would post it, cause it is a good question..:clap

Do we all weave in our ends before we send? :think

I do, and all of the squares I have ever recieved, have been finsihed off and neat! Maybe some dont', but for the majority of us all here, I gotta say, I think we all do! What say you, am I right Team Granny??:ghug As for my personal opinion, lol like you asked,,,, I don't consider it finsihed, till it's "finished" ha ha!

I fininsh mine off before I send them out,In a rush to send some out recently I didn't catch that I didn't do all ends under till I counted my scrap pile on the table,well after the squares went out,so I pm'ed the person and told her sorry some ends didn't get tucked in.

I fininsh mine off before I send them out,In a rush to send some out recently I didn't catch that I didn't do all ends under till I counted my scrap pile on the table,well after the squares went out,so I pm'ed the person and told her sorry some ends didn't get tucked in.

wow, not enough to do everything you do now, but you now are your own quality control too!! amazing!:manyheart

wow, not enough to do everything you do now, but you now are your own quality control too!! amazing!:manyheart

I would just toss them:lol,but mil wants them to stuff little things she sews up,kitchen is the best lit area,and I didn't have the baggie out yet to collect them in.

Good morning everyone ! Out with my son my BF and his parents for a trip somewhere. But ts a surprise. So I really have NO clue where we're going. :) but it a nice ride regardless.

When I get home I will post a pic of the squares I've received so far this month :)

Oh I was enlisted by my fiend to make a special blanket for the Autism Aeateness auction and pool tournament that she is having early in November. I've gotten quite a bit done since last night. It's my own pattern but would like for someone to test my pattern for me bc I am re working t in different colors and sending t in to crochet magazine To see if the will pu it in one Of the issues. I'm not sure what to call it. Maybe Awareness Square Afghan.

we have a winner,:clap for the bright 6 inchers!! It's Angelroselite!!! and I will send them out on Monday!!! Congratz!! look for another couple of squares to go up for grabs next week!!:cheer

:yay How fun! This is officially my first win! They are going to go great with the ones you sent before.

Thanks!!

I try to weave all my ends in. I think I missed some on Estee's squares but I was rushing to get them out once I got them done. But it's so annoying to do I try to figure out how to do it before sending out. :lol

Yep, i think we all weave um in, cause i don't want the recipient having to bother to do it, and it's not really complete until its done. That's my thought anyway.....

:lurk I haven't been active on the thread for a while, but boy when life throws curves, they come in one right after another. So I was super surprised to receive these 2 perfect squares from katyallen8090! They will be so cute in my 'ghan! Thank you so very much sweetie! :manyheart:hug

post-18684-135897783237_thumb.jpg

:lurk I haven't been active on the thread for a while, but boy when life throws curves, they come in one right after another. So I was super surprised to receive these 2 perfect squares from katyallen8090! They will be so cute in my 'ghan! Thank you so very much sweetie! :manyheart:hug

[ATTACH]59526[/ATTACH]

I love the colors! I hope you're doing well. I've been through many hospital waits every year for the last few years with different family members. It is devastating. My prayers are with you and your family :hug

Archived