Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Well DH and I had a very eventful night last night! I posted the long version in the off topic thread.

Short version is - we found an injured stray dog who was so stinkin cute and sweet. Tried to find the owners, but that was quite challenging. But now he is safe and sound at the SPCA getting treated for a possible broken leg.

It's amazing how quickly we fall in love with fur babies. 20 minutes with this sweety and I wanted to keep him!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well DH and I had a very eventful night last night! I posted the long version in the off topic thread.

Short version is - we found an injured stray dog who was so stinkin cute and sweet. Tried to find the owners, but that was quite challenging. But now he is safe and sound at the SPCA getting treated for a possible broken leg.

It's amazing how quickly we fall in love with fur babies. 20 minutes with this sweety and I wanted to keep him!

Read your post, and worth repeating to you, thank you, there should be more people in the world like you!! short version.......lol

I got the cutest 3-inch squares from Katyallen8090. Thank you, Katie! They're 16 squares. This afghan is going to be so cheerful. Many, many thanks :hug

Oh gosh, you got them, goodie, i loved making them, so quick and easy and bright, you may be getting more from this hooker in omaha! lol :hug

Read your post, and worth repeating to you, thank you, there should be more people in the world like you!! short version.......lol

Oh gosh, you got them, goodie, i loved making them, so quick and easy and bright, you may be getting more from this hooker in omaha! lol :hug

I would have wanted to keep Noodle too if I were you, MrsMcKee! He seems like such a sweetheart. I used to take my two doggies to SPCALA for shots and checkups. I really love that place, plus I had a close friend that was a vet tech there, which helped tremendously. I hope Noodle is back home. If not, I pray that another family adopts him soon.

@Katie: Keep them coming! I'll have to find a hiding place for them. I don't want my niece or SIL getting wind of what's going on in my room ;) Heeheehee

Hi everyone ! Well kids are all better and I'm gettin there. Went to the dr and they had me do an emergency EKG bc of severe chest pressure and pain. Not sure what the results were of that but the dr immediately came In said that I am to stop smoking ASAP. Tht had me do a breathing treatment and gave me 2 inhalers ad 2 antibiotics plus all my anti itchy meds. I'm still waiting on the results of my blood work to see if there are any autoimmune issues or not.

Hi everyone ! Well kids are all better and I'm gettin there. Went to the dr and they had me do an emergency EKG bc of severe chest pressure and pain. Not sure what the results were of that but the dr immediately came In said that I am to stop smoking ASAP. Tht had me do a breathing treatment and gave me 2 inhalers ad 2 antibiotics plus all my anti itchy meds. I'm still waiting on the results of my blood work to see if there are any autoimmune issues or not.

Praying that everything turns out to be better soon. Get lots of rest. Inhalers make me fidgety. I hope they don't do that to you or rest is harder to come by. Have a restful Wednesday :hug

Get better soon Lacey!

Love your squares Maria! Katie whips them out fast :-)

Katie I received your square today! Love me some grannies :D I'll post a photo when I can get one in good light.

:D

Get better soon Lacey!

Love your squares Maria! Katie whips them out fast :-)

Katie I received your square today! Love me some grannies :D I'll post a photo when I can get one in good light.

oh good, boy that one was fast, maybe once they find their way a couple times, it becomes easier for the puffys to find you!!!!!!!!! Glad you liked it...Like they have "learned" their way to Austrailia now!!!! ..

Im a little worried :worried however, as it is half time here in Oct, and Immafreek's got half a month left to reign as Biggest Square!

I know 12 inchers SEEM more trouble to make, :crocheting but just consider this,,,,,,, they are the equivilant of simply making four 6 inchers, right, we can all do that in our sleep!! :sleepI know i balk at making 12 inchers, simply because of the wonky-ness, that sometimes arises, so I have a go to pattern for non wonky-ness, and if I don't do that one, I do every other row or so, turning, even though I prefer the look of a single right and wrong side to my work, it can easily be disquised by turning, and making a row of sc, or a row even of dc, ch one skip one, dc, mesh for one row, etc. Play around with it, if you are like me, wonky-ness bothers me! Otherwise too, i hear they straighten out, when joined with all their freinds in an afghan!!

I use as my fav. pattern for 12 inchers called Squaring the big circle, found here, free by Kate Jenks, :ty(ty to Kate many times over for such a lovely pattern!) it's a lovey and fun and pretty easy to do pattern, so I find myself rather enjoying the 12 inchers a lot more!! It's like I can't wait to get to the next round, and I get to play with colors to my hearts content!! :c9 And, no wonkyness to speak of either! :clap

Try it, it's fun, and can be as colorfull, or plain as YOU like it! ;) I can just imagine it in blues, and greens and yellows, oh wait, that's Immafreeks colors!! cool beans!!! :blush(Shamefull solicitation?);):D

uh, maybe, but for a good cause!! )

oh good, boy that one was fast, maybe once they find their way a couple times, it becomes easier for the puffys to find you!!!!!!!!! Glad you liked it...Like they have "learned" their way!!!! ..

Im a little worried :worried however, as it is half time here in Oct, and Immafreek's got half a month left to reign as Biggest Square!

I know 12 inchers SEEM more trouble to make, :crocheting but just consider this,,,,,,, they are the equivilant of simply making four 6 inchers, right, we can all do that in our sleep!! :sleepI know i balk at making 12 inchers, simply because of the wonky-ness, that sometimes arises, so I have a go to pattern for non wonky-ness, and if I don't do that one, I do every other row or so, turning, even though I prefer the look of a single right and wrong side to my work, it can easily be disquised by turning, and making a row of sc, or a row even of dc, ch one skip one, dc, mesh for one row, etc. Play around with it, if you are like me, wonky-ness bothers me! Otherwise too, i hear they straighten out, when put with their freinds in an afghan!!

I use as my fav. pattern the Squaring the big circle, found here, free by Kate Jenks, :ty(ty to Kate many times over for such a lovely pattern!) it's a lovey and fun to do pattern, so I find myself rather enjoying the 12 inchers a lot more!! It's like I can't wait to get to the next round, and I get to play with colors to my hearts content!! :c9 And, no wonkyness to speak of either! :clap

Try it, it's fun, and can be as colorfull, or plain as YOU like it! ;) I can just imagine it in blues, and greens and yellows, oh wait, that's Immafreeks colors!! cool beans!!! :blush(Shamefull solicitation?);):D

I haven't forgotten our Biggest Square. There are a few squares I hope to be able to send by month's end. I'm off to get the yarn :)

Oh, forgot to add, the ones that i mailed have all been recieved, and accounted for and residing in their new homes happily ever after :D!! I love it when that happens with no misses, no losts, or no wrong addys! :c9

Which while Im thinking of it, if you move, please email me your new addy, to update my list. So far, so good, nice job hookers! :clap:cheer

I haven't forgotten our Biggest Square. There are a few squares I hope to be able to send by month's end. I'm off to get the yarn :)

Three cheers for Maria!! HIp Hip Crochet!! Hip Hip Crochet! Hip Hip Crochet!!! :cheerand she gets to get more yarn too!!!!!!!!!! :cheer

I mailed out a square to ImmaFreek yesterday so she should get it by tomorrow. I have one package of 4 squares unaccounted for since we started the new method. The person just disappeared from the 'ville so I hope she is okay.

oh good, boy that one was fast, maybe once they find their way a couple times, it becomes easier for the puffys to find you!!!!!!!!! Glad you liked it...Like they have "learned" their way to Austrailia now!!!! ..

I know 12 inchers SEEM more trouble to make, :crocheting but just consider this,,,,,,, they are the equivilant of simply making four 6 inchers, right, we can all do that in our sleep!! :sleepI know i balk at making 12 inchers, simply because of the wonky-ness, that sometimes arises, so I have a go to pattern for non wonky-ness, and if I don't do that one, I do every other row or so, turning, even though I prefer the look of a single right and wrong side to my work, it can easily be disquised by turning, and making a row of sc, or a row even of dc, ch one skip one, dc, mesh for one row, etc. Play around with it, if you are like me, wonky-ness bothers me! Otherwise too, i hear they straighten out, when joined with all their freinds in an afghan!!

I use as my fav. pattern for 12 inchers called Squaring the big circle, found here, free by Kate Jenks, :ty(ty to Kate many times over for such a lovely pattern!) it's a lovey and fun and pretty easy to do pattern, so I find myself rather enjoying the 12 inchers a lot more!! It's like I can't wait to get to the next round, and I get to play with colors to my hearts content!! :c9 And, no wonkyness to speak of either! :clap

I have mine made, I just have to get it mailed out. That's the part I have issues with, lol. I meant to do it yesterday, but I had to get envelopes, and then I never made it back out. It will get out before the end of the month!!!

I mailed out a square to ImmaFreek yesterday so she should get it by tomorrow. I have one package of 4 squares unaccounted for since we started the new method. The person just disappeared from the 'ville so I hope she is okay.

I pm'd you brenda, that's a pretty darn good record though, for all those thousands you have mailed out, you have got to hold the record for sending out squares!!! Great job, and thank you!

I have mine made, I just have to get it mailed out. That's the part I have issues with, lol. I meant to do it yesterday, but I had to get envelopes, and then I never made it back out. It will get out before the end of the month!!!

Lacey I finally got to the post office and sent out your puffy. Hope you like the colors...

kuddles

wow, what a come back, and we're off and running again, hip hip crochet!! to us all!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm a little stalled on my Biggest Square, but I'm at about eight inches I think, so not doing too bad! I'm curious to find out what I'm going to do for the final colour change - I haven't decided yet. :D

I picked a simple pattern that I thought would scale up well, but I am, in fact, noticing "wonky-ness" at the current size. :sigh I'm dealing with it mostly by glaring at it and periodically tugging on the corners.

I got my yarn and then some! lol. There was a bright glittery one I hadn't seen before. It's soft and has a really nice color palette. I want to experiment with squares and see what emerges. I hope the blue, yellow, and green are what immafreek is asking for. I wasn't sure what green, but I figured brights are always a good choice. Then again, it's a matter of preference.

Immafreek, if you don't care for any of the colors, would you please let me know?

And today's yarn brought to you by...

post-44469-13589778262_thumb.jpg

:D Have you joined the Stashbusting thread, AngelRose? ;)

I've been pretty good about yarn buying (not so much yarn using!) since I joined that thread, but... I'm thinking about leaving work early to stop by our JoAnn to pick up a worsted skein or two. I don't have any yellow, you see, and it seems like it would be so helpful for some of the friendship-ghan squares... right?

I got my yarn and then some! lol. There was a bright glittery one I hadn't seen before. It's soft and has a really nice color palette. I want to experiment with squares and see what emerges. I hope the blue, yellow, and green are what immafreek is asking for. I wasn't sure what green, but I figured brights are always a good choice. Then again, it's a matter of preference.

Immafreek, if you don't care for any of the colors, would you please let me know?

And today's yarn brought to you by...

Thank you :) any brand and/or shade would be perfect. I'm not picky as log as it is made with love :hug

I'm a little stalled on my Biggest Square, but I'm at about eight inches I think, so not doing too bad! I'm curious to find out what I'm going to do for the final colour change - I haven't decided yet. :D

I picked a simple pattern that I thought would scale up well, but I am, in fact, noticing "wonky-ness" at the current size. :sigh I'm dealing with it mostly by glaring at it and periodically tugging on the corners.

Wonky IS ok :D it adds character hehehe

Lacey I finally got to the post office and sent out your puffy. Hope you like the colors...

kuddles

I'll post soon as it makes it's way home :)

@@@@on a side note if anyone wants , four 6"ers would be fine as well

Hi maria, good buying!

As for a stashbuster, I think the granny cal fills those shoes quite well, without looking outside this thread, ha ha ha,..

I have a pic here, of some really bright squares I made, using up a couple small balls of odd brights and varigateds, and am going to post them here, for your pleasure....

I figure pm me if you are interested in recieving them, by midnight tomorrow, and I will chose at random a number of a post, and that is who is going to get them...Pays to check in the thread now and then, eh. lol

ok, here they are, I call them. Crayon Box colors!! bright primarys, and some varigated in there too, all 6 inchers! anyone interested, just pm me please, before midnight on the 20th, Saturday, you will be included in a random drawing of post numbers, and good luck to the winner!!

Forgive the poor pics, they really are much prettier in person.........thanks!~:manyheart

post-40621-135897782639_thumb.jpg

I JUST got your square. It is so pretty. My mom has Been excited to see the squares that I've received for BooBoo (my nephew bobby )

Hi maria, good buying!

As for a stashbuster, I think the granny cal fills those shoes quite well, without looking outside this thread, ha ha ha,..

I have a pic here, of some really bright squares I made, using up a couple small balls of odd brights and varigateds, and am going to post them here, for your pleasure....

I figure pm me if you are interested in recieving them, by midnight tomorrow, and I will chose at random a number of a post, and that is who is going to get them...Pays to check in the thread now and then, eh. lol

ok, here they are, I call them. Crayon Box colors!! bright primarys, and some varigated in there too, all 6 inchers! anyone interested, just pm me please, before midnight on the 20th, Saturday, you will be included in a random drawing of post numbers, and good luck to the winner!!

Forgive the poor pics, they really are much prettier in person.........thanks!~:manyheart

[ATTACH]59429[/ATTACH]

Those are SOOOOO pretty :)

Archived