Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I've been MIA. Spent most of the week out of town, and now DH is home for the weekend. I've still gotta get Lacey's square mailed out. It will go out Wednesday. That's my day off, and this past Wednesday I was out of town. Also gotta take my notary test and get my hair done this Wednesday.

We had a really nice week with days in the 80s. Now its rainy and barely getting out of the 40s :(

Sorry I've been MIA. Spent most of the week out of town, and now DH is home for the weekend. I've still gotta get Lacey's square mailed out. It will go out Wednesday. That's my day off, and this past Wednesday I was out of town. Also gotta take my notary test and get my hair done this Wednesday.

We had a really nice week with days in the 80s. Now its rainy and barely getting out of the 40s :(

What does a notary test consist of, Im a notary, have been for years, but didnt take a test, maybe it's diff from state to state?? All i remember doing, is paying the fee, which at the time, employer paid, and getting some signatures, which was a piece of cake, and that was that, had the stamp made, and wala, notary. lol I have had to renew it a few times, at my cost, but isn't much, and like to keep it active, never know when you might come in handy, lol :lol

What does a notary test consist of, Im a notary, have been for years, but didnt take a test, maybe it's diff from state to state?? All i remember doing, is paying the fee, which at the time, employer paid, and getting some signatures, which was a piece of cake, and that was that, had the stamp made, and wala, notary. lol I have had to renew it a few times, at my cost, but isn't much, and like to keep it active, never know when you might come in handy, lol :lol

I'm not sure myself, haven't even looked at the book yet. I gotta start looking it over tomorrow evening after DH leaves. I got a book, gotta go take a test, and then they send my info to Columbus, and so on, takes a few weeks. It'll be quite useful for my current job... I work at the License Bureau. I know here the price is different per county. The county I work in, it's $20 more than the county I live in.

Hi all!

Just popping in to ask a quick question. I've bordered and sewn together most of the squares for baby's small afghan but I can't remember who was sending the missing 2 flowers I needed to complete the last row. :( Sorry if that sounds a bit abrupt but only realised when I was putting it together.

Thanks all. Hope you are all ok and, those that may be in Sandy's way, I hope you are safe and sound and out of harms way.

Big :hug to all.

Hi all!

Just popping in to ask a quick question. I've bordered and sewn together most of the squares for baby's small afghan but I can't remember who was sending the missing 2 flowers I needed to complete the last row. :( Sorry if that sounds a bit abrupt but only realised when I was putting it together.

Thanks all. Hope you are all ok and, those that may be in Sandy's way, I hope you are safe and sound and out of harms way.

Big :hug to all.

hI EMMA, Was Paula our hero???? seems to me, but i could be mistaken that she was going to mail all pledged out next week??

I've been a bit out of the loop and not read many posts on this thread for a couple of days (mainly just been logging on to look at pictures people have been posting of finished work and to keep tabs on my swap threads). Got so much on my plate at the moment. Sorry for not being around. :(

I apologise.

I've been a bit out of the loop and not read many posts on this thread for a couple of days (mainly just been logging on to look at pictures people have been posting of finished work and to keep tabs on my swap threads). Got so much on my plate at the moment. Sorry for not being around. :(

I apologise.

Poor Emma, we all feel for you, the waiting it what is the worst, but well worth it, as you know....Don't worry bout nuttin, cept taking care of you and family, and Isobel right now, we'll see ya when we see ya!! I went back in the posts, and our hero ws Paula, and I believe they are to be mailed out next week......take care now!

Not received any squares myself recently so can't comment but I will be posting a pic of Isobel's ghan in its WIP stage tomorrow :) I do like a bit of eye candy.

Not received any squares myself recently so can't comment but I will be posting a pic of Isobel's ghan in its WIP stage tomorrow :) I do like a bit of eye candy.

ah yes, eye candy, muy bueno!! does that mean very good, i hope so, my high school spanish is fading fast! :lol

ah yes, eye candy, muy bueno!! does that mean very good, i hope so, my high school spanish is fading fast! :lol

I'll help you polish it up. lol. Very, very close. It's "muy bien." I got your fab squares that you randomly chose the recipient for. You posted the pictures of what they were; so I haven't posted them. I will if you want.

Immafreek, I was not well these past couple of days. I'm sending out your package tomorrow. Since I kept them longer, I made the 6 inchers into a 12-inch square. So now you have them stitched together, which makes it a total of three 12-inch squares you're getting from me.

I hope everyone has had a very nice weekend. Keep safe, everyone in Sandy's way and periphery. Stock up on yarn for the storm :)

I'll help you polish it up. lol. Very, very close. It's "muy bien." I got your fab squares that you randomly chose the recipient for. You posted the pictures of what they were; so I haven't posted them. I will if you want.

Immafreek, I was not well these past couple of days. I'm sending out your package tomorrow. Since I kept them longer, I made the 6 inchers into a 12-inch square. So now you have them stitched together, which makes it a total of three 12-inch squares you're getting from me.

I hope everyone has had a very nice weekend. Keep safe, everyone in Sandy's way and periphery. Stock up on yarn for the storm :)

Thank you. I'll post soon as they get here.

I would just toss them:lol,but mil wants them to stuff little things she sews up,kitchen is the best lit area,and I didn't have the baggie out yet to collect them in.

I put mine outside near a tree in our front yard. There's a nest in it and every so often, the birdies come get my yarn clippings and put them in their nest. I love seeing pretty colors poking between the twigs.

Yep it's me. I may actually manage to get them in the post this week. I'll let you know!

Thanks Paula. :hug I'm all flustered at the moment and couldn't remember, for the life of me, who was my hero.

Getting a bit depressed at the moment as well, which doesn't bode well. I hope it doesn't stick around after baby has been born. I've heard that Post-natel depression can get really really bad. :( Darn you hormones!!! I just wanna blub at the moment... most of the time. :cry

Thanks Paula. :hug I'm all flustered at the moment and couldn't remember, for the life of me, who was my hero.

Getting a bit depressed at the moment as well, which doesn't bode well. I hope it doesn't stick around after baby has been born. I've heard that Post-natel depression can get really really bad. :( Darn you hormones!!! I just wanna blub at the moment... most of the time. :cry

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug I fought the post-partum depression with all 3 of my kids. but never told the dr about how I felt till after my youngest was born. So I went 4 years without any help :( It was never majorly bad, but enough to make me feel blah all the time and cry alot.

So I hope you get feeling better, :hug:manyheart and take care you yourself and your family

Aww.... thanks for the :hugs Immafreek. They are needed at the mo.

As promised ladies, a bit of WIP eye candy. Here is the progress on getting baby's little blankie finished. Just another row that needs doing and my hero is helping with that (:manyheart). After the last row is on, I'm going to do a basic border (probably just sc around) and then find something a little fancier to make it even more pretty. Thank you to anyone who sent in a square for this little gift for Isobel. Can't wait until she arrives (only 5 days to go) and I can put the blankie with her carseat.

You are all stars.

post-54070-135897784372_thumb.jpg

Emma, that's beautiful! Good job to everyone who contributed! :cheer I especially love that blue and pink one at the top, and the yellow one in the middle. The variety there is great!

Hang in there with the pregnancy. :hug If you do feel the post-partum keeping you down, be sure you talk with a doctor as well as your other supports! I had some as well, though I didn't recognise it because it was mixed in with my regular depression (that I didn't know I had). Getting help has made a huge difference.

And until then, remember it's fine to sit down and blub if you want. That tension has to get out somehow, after all! :D Just be sure to keep something on hand to spoil yourself with afterwards to try to bring your spirits back up!

I am well stocked on yarn, but unfortunately I do not work at one of the businesses in eastern PA that is closed today. Or tomorrow (we'll only close if the power actually does go out :sigh). So no knitting/crocheting time for me. :(

Quick hello. I'm around, just quiet.

Emma, those squares are great!

Everyone in the path of the storm, take care!

Katie, I can't believe it is only two more days till the next Square is announced! How exciting! I've downloaded a bunch of squares recently and want to try one of them for the next Square!

Take care all,

kuddles

Aww.... thanks for the :hugs Immafreek. They are needed at the mo.

As promised ladies, a bit of WIP eye candy. Here is the progress on getting baby's little blankie finished. Just another row that needs doing and my hero is helping with that (:manyheart). After the last row is on, I'm going to do a basic border (probably just sc around) and then find something a little fancier to make it even more pretty. Thank you to anyone who sent in a square for this little gift for Isobel. Can't wait until she arrives (only 5 days to go) and I can put the blankie with her carseat.

You are all stars.

[ATTACH]59681[/ATTACH]

Those are very pretty squares.

Immafreek, I put your squares in the mail today.

Archived