Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Well....HE double hockey sticks...Back to the same old internet problems, even with the new router...Called the cable company last night...Told them I've had it and to get it fixed or I want a month free...They are coming out this AM...It has to be an "outside" problem...It just works when it wants and shuts off and on throughout the day...It was "up" when I arose and went "down" during the time I fixed my coffee...Was off for over an hour and "BINGO" back "up"...We will see...Thank heaven it is working now so I can check in here and read my e-mail...Isn't it amazing how we get hooked on technology ???

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Estee, I just had a thought about your Internet troubles. How old is the wiring for your cable? When we moved to our place, the cable company ran new wires for the tv, but we put the modem and router in another room on existing wiring. We had months of trouble, both us and the cable co. looking at things. When we moved the Internet stuff onto the new wires with the tv, we stopped having trouble! Somewhere in the rat's nest of cables and connectors the previous owners left us was one or more bad parts.

Hi all!

Just thought I'd pop my head in and let you know I'm still around.

Isobel still hasn't put in an apperance so I'm struggling with being the size of a moose. Many visits to the midwife, blood tests for this and that and getting the last bits n bobs together for DD2's arrival. Been through my hospital bag atleast 6 times just to double, triple and quadruple check I have everything. Slowly working on Mr Skoggy's afghan and doing some squares for a charity I've gotten involved with who make "Woolly Hug" blankets for parents dealing with early childhood loss - cot death, birth complications, illness, accidents etc. I'm glad to be able to help out making these blankets.

For me, its all a case of waiting now. I hate waiting :lol

Hope everyone is ok. :hug

The Cable Guy came at noon, questioned me and took a look around..His diagnosis was a weak signal...Said he'd send another Cable Guy out to strengthen the signal and check out somemore....The second guy came and went...never said a word or let me know he was here...(I saw his truck.)....SO far, so good...But you better bet that at the first sign of loss they will hear from me...After all, it's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled...Now if I keep yelling my son will reimburse me for his cell phone bill...If the $$$ doesn't come tonight I'll be hitching to the closest soup kitchen and pray that they have enough vittles to feed me and my cat Tweak...

Computer probs, equals no fun.DD had trouble, (wireless) and turned out to be a v card problem, not the router or modem usb cable thing she thought. Luckily, she knows lots of computer whizes, so got fixed with no cost to her, but sheesh, would have thought her world ended, and she even has internet on her phone, so what was the deal, lol get used to that big screen though, don't ya! :devil

Hi Emma, hang in there girl, won't be long now!:clap

You are welcome Tiffer, glad they brightened your day!:hug

Pineknot, and angelroselite, packages out in the am so L@@K to the mailbox! :clap

Got four more 6 inch squares, red, white or blue and or combinations of those colors.

I will post sometime this week, :hook

and run a grab it now, or miss it type deal here on this thread, so if anyone is interested, check in to have the chance to get them!! :manyheart

Computer probs, equals no fun.DD had trouble, (wireless) and turned out to be a v card problem, not the router or modem usb cable thing she thought. Luckily, she knows lots of computer whizes, so got fixed with no cost to her, but sheesh, would have thought her world ended, and she even has internet on her phone, so what was the deal, lol get used to that big screen though, don't ya! :devil

Hi Emma, hang in there girl, won't be long now!:clap

You are welcome Tiffer, glad they brightened your day!:hug

Pineknot, and angelroselite, packages out in the am so L@@K to the mailbox! :clap

Got four more 6 inch squares, red, white or blue and or combinations of those colors.

I will post sometime this week, :hook

and run a grab it now, or miss it type deal here on this thread, so if anyone is interested, check in to have the chance to get them!! :manyheart

Thank you, Katie! I'm working on some squares too that I am sending out next Tuesday. Than way, I'll have more to send at once.

hi all, hope all is well with the group! Here it is wednesday already, where does the week go! I only have a couple scarves and hats made for charity, (once a month donation for the shelter) and that is not a lot! Gotta get myself in gear and start churning out some things for them soon as drop off is scheduled for the first part of November.... Other than that, been squaring a bit, just to keep busy when I don't feel like doing much else.... Having company shortly so gotta run, you all have a great day!

Getting ready for DDs 8th birthday dinner today then having a big party on Halloween. Hope u all are doing well :hug

wow, happy birthday little lady!!

I have a couplet of 12-inch squares and will try to get four 6-inch squared added to the package for immafreek. I need to mail them out by Friday before my pumpkin carving gathering with my friends.

you are going like gangbusters woman!! Carve up a happy crochet smiling pumpkin for Yarn Hill!!

you are going like gangbusters woman!! Carve up a happy crochet smiling pumpkin for Yarn Hill!!

I'm very new to making squares. There are so many beautiful and fun designs that I'm making them just to play with the colors. lol. You gave me a great idea. I'll see what I can come up with for this year's pumpkin. I had never considered a crochet theme. The possibilities! A scary granny square! lol

Slightly OT, isnt there a fellow whose wife is on here, that the man makes lots of knitting loom hats? They have a blog, I think, but didn't save it. Thanks in advance if you can point me to them on cville or their blog.

Big hugs, laurel

I have a couple of 12-inch squares and will try to get four 6-inch squares added to the package for immafreek. I need to mail them out by Friday before my pumpkin carving gathering with my friends.

I will post soon as they get here :) thank you :hug

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been on much this month. Busy busy. I am trying to finish my scarf swap and get my house in order before I start my course on Monday.

Lacey I still need to finish a couple of rows on your second square before I can send it out Monday afternoon. Sorry I have been so slack. I started out well and it all went downhill from there LOL.

Everyone else I promised squares to I will post the following week.

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been on much this month. Busy busy. I am trying to finish my scarf swap and get my house in order before I start my course on Monday.

Lacey I still need to finish a couple of rows on your second square before I can send it out Monday afternoon. Sorry I have been so slack. I started out well and it all went downhill from there LOL.

Everyone else I promised squares to I will post the following week.

It's quite alright. :) I appreciate them regardless of how long they take make. Just means they have extra time to soak up the love :hug

Slightly OT, isnt there a fellow whose wife is on here, that the man makes lots of knitting loom hats? They have a blog, I think, but didn't save it. Thanks in advance if you can point me to them on cville or their blog.

Big hugs, laurel

Good to see your post Laurel, stop in more often! as for your question, I personally don't know, but maybe post your question in off topic, someone there may be able to answer it. Hope to see you back soon! :clap

Just finished weaving all the ends in on Lacey's square! :woo Now I can pack it up and pop it in the mail tomorrow. ^_^

On a side note, does anybody else finish squares for other people and then go "Man, I really like how those colors came out! I need to do a square like that for MY afghan!" :D

Just finished weaving all the ends in on Lacey's square! :woo Now I can pack it up and pop it in the mail tomorrow. ^_^

On a side note, does anybody else finish squares for other people and then go "Man, I really like how those colors came out! I need to do a square like that for MY afghan!" :D

Exactly my problem! lol. I am finishing off the squares I am sending. Now I'm wishing I had time to replicate them and keep for a second afghan.

I've said that a time or two

Archived