Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

oh, and along with good news of being the Biggest Square this month, the bad news, is that you and family are sick. the good with the bad, Im afraid,,,,,feel better soon you square you, and kids too, got a package probably going out tomorrow for you!! that might help you to feel better!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:autumni am busy cleaning out my bedroom closet today, got a lot done so far, one load to the goodwill already, so much stuff, how does one collect it all! I had two lamps in there, ok they are smaller lamps, but still, with lampshades to boot!! Went through my bin of purses, and purged quite a few from the collection, some brand new woven cloth fancy placemats, gone now, along with some books, some throw pillows, two neck massager things with dead batteries, a satin like comforter that wouldn't ever stay on the bed, kept slipping off, some sheets that I don't even have that sized bed for anymore, and so much other assorted paraphenelia, lol I haven't even started on the clothes yet, but the closet,(it is a fairly good sized one) looks much neater now, and so more more room both on the shelves and the floor now!! I did shoes not too long ago, so the ones here, are the ones staying..ha ha,, Already took it down and dropped it all off, feel so much better once I do get rid of it, cause otherwise, given enough time, I will second guess my decisions, and that is never good, as then I will keep it all, or most of it! Now, kicking back, gonna package up a puffy or two, get them ready for tomorrow, and sip my diet coke and then maybe do a few squares or something! take care all, nice day out, lovely fall is here to stay!!!!!!!!!:autumn

Hurrah! I have blues and greens and wanted to do Lacey or Skoggy (I also have cream and brown) next anyway! Partly because I want to see what that orange actually LOOKS like worked up... :devil)

And beg pardon if it's impertinent, but is this the nephew you're trying to get custody of, or a different one?

Nodnod I want to try to be special too then. Not that I wouldn't try to make nice squares, if it was somebody else, you know? But it sounds like the little guy has had a hard time so far; I want to do an extra good job for him!

So given that, I'm pledging one square (but I'll try to finish more).

(I'm still working on my last one of Estee's; I was making two four inchers but I liked the color play so I decided I had to do one more - might be able to finish it tonight in which case they'll all go out tomorrow!)

good job pledgies, 12 inchers are always hard to collect in my experience, but you all are doing a fine job! Keep up the good work all! I will mail out puffys this week , one to immafreek,and then something for a charity too.....will post when they leave my hands!! Good hookin all!!

Right now I am at the town pool. Our first visit for the season.

Right now, I am almost ready for bed. I had to take the dog out, in the dark and drizzle and wet grass. Still jussssssst warm enough out that I didn't regret taking the easy route and slipping into sandals instead of putting on shoes, but thinking about a pool makes me feel freezy! :wbrr

Nothing drives home "Australia is really far away" quite like being reminded that our seasons are out of sync, I think! :D

And almost done the first pledged square?? It's only been two days! :nworthy

*eyes avatar picture closely*

*eyes Aussie Paula closely*

Do you have magical powers? :2magic

So it's supposed to be in the 70s today and tomorrow with possible snow Friday night. Why did I move back north????

It will be for the nephe I am trying to get custody of. I want him to have a special blanket when he comes home. I miss him so much :(

How old is he?

hi all.....

Checking in! Nice weather here today, oh and I mailed off something for Lacey, and something else for another gal here on the ville!

Hero's Wanted!!! One Two, Or Three needed!!

Well, turns out, Skoggy is three squares short of finishing two, count um, two baby blankees!! One that I know of is for girly colors,8 inch, for Felicia, and two needed for the new baby.

ok, i know now, here it is....

1 8 inch in girly colors for little Felicia,

and 2 six inchers, flower themed for new baby*( Isabell?)

If you decide to go ahead and be her hero(s), and make one, or two, or all three, please let her know, and us too on the thread, so we all don't make more than needed...

Don't forget before you "Hero" her, she is overseas, so costs a little more for postage but will be soooo appreciated.......thanks all you wonderful hookers, I hope we can get her the squares in time before she delivers that new little girl!!!!!!!!only four weeks to go!!!!!!!! aaaack!! :eek

Thank you Katie! You are awesome! :hug And thanks all for reading.

As Katie said, 4 weeks to go until no.2 (Isobel) arrives so I'm just stitching what I can and keep my swollen ankles up. :) Trying to take things easy and be as prepared as one can be.

I'll pick up posting again soon. :hug to you all.

Holy crap! I hate autocorrect! I meant Maitland. Don't know what mainland for Australia would be, LOL. It also always changes Skoggy to smoggy. Grr, but some are just amusing so I don't want to switch it off!

Ohhhhhh we have our HERO!!!! !thank you Paula!!!!!!!!!:clap How nice of you to volunteer, and for all three too!!! I still have that square for you as well, but keep forgetting it, as it is in a different place than i put the puffys, cause I have to still fill out a customs form for it, before I mail, but I haven't forgotten you!!

thank you for your patience! :hook and yay yay yay!! PAULA IS A HERO, PAULA IS A HERO!!

Thank you Paula!!!!!!! :clap:manyheart:hug

Duh, and I didn;t notice the diff between mainland and maitland, which goes to show you, how much i DON"T know about Austrailia!!!!!!

Wow hero found quickly! How wonderful!

I have Lacey's square done! I did it last nite, hope you like it! I did an easy granny....

So I need the address from either Lacey or Katie. I'll get it in the mail tomorrow if I get the address quickly! Thanks!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning Friends...My internet connection comes and goes at it's own liking, so I never know when I'll be able to read my favorite site, or post for that matter...Yesterday it was off most of the day (what a bummer), then when I was able to get on, right in the middle of looking at something and I wanted to go back to the previous page, I would get the unable to access message as the connection was no longer there...I really got upset...I would go through the usual ritual to get it up and running, but to no avail...This morning I had the same problem...It finally decided to work...but for how long is anyone's guess...I probably need a new router...Will have to call cable company...

It rained yesterday, supposed to do same today and it is 50/50 for tomorrow...Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining as the birds and plants are happy and I had lots of crochet time...Sun out now, so who knows??? Will be going to Sam's Club to shop with my daughter...It's a good thing they don't have yarn..I have become compulsive about buying it...

Well thats it for now...Everyone have a good day...(((HUGGS)))... ST

Quick fly-by. I'm posting from work during break. Just wanted to say that I pledge 1 square for Lacey. I'd do more but I'm swamped! I got another special order for a cookie purse. I was also commissioned to fingerless mitts for my ASL classmates and teacher. It's hard to sign when your fingers are stiff from cold. So, my hooks are flyin'!

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

Hope everyone's doing well. I've come down with a cold and I'm pretty miserable right now. I guess that's what I get for working with the public, lol. Even my crocheting has slowed down....:sick

But on a side note, we had the most beautiful day today! Too bad it's supposed to be horrid tomorrow.

Archived