Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I'm working on one of those patterns where I swear I feel like I'm just  :bang  :rant  :bang  So forget it, I'm fudging it all! I've read and stitched and frogged and read and stitched some more and it's just not working out... I'll figure this out on my own!!!  :tup  :hook

I just needed to get that off my chest. DH doesn't understand! Whew! I'm better now!  :ty

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a cold damp and dreary day out today but at least its not freezing rain.  Kind of down today as the dr reports on my dad keep coming back with m bad news.  Meanwhile I need to focus and finish up a couple of afghans.  I got all my packages mailed today that I need to mail before Christmas and really didn't have to wait in line to do it.  

owlvamp I have faith in you.  I know you will get the boys back on track.  Wish they could get your iron levels up so you weren't so tired.

yarn_monkey can't wait to see Peanut in the Santa suit.  Yes its very frustrating to have problems with a pattern.  

yeah here too brenda, for like, about the last three or four days, Im getting sun deprived, and thinking about moving to Florida tomorrow, if I don't see the sun!! lol

Oh what pretty squares you have ms. dragnlady, from our piniknott, she does very pretty work, love the colors!!

So sorry yarn monkey about that dastardly pattern, it's probably sitting back bragging now about how it fooled y ou!!!!!!!!! :devil

Got the rest of what I had to get out too, before Christmas, but not sure what to do about Kim's apparent absense, and her secret santa?? any ideas anyone, lol wait or send ?? i dunno.. :shrug .

oh yes, what the hec immafreak in your addy, what does hhv mean, I looked up a map and all i could fine, was a housing area,ville, or something, is it short for that???? lol I thought i had it wrong, but I know i have mailed to you several times at that addy, so I know it's valid, but got my curiosity up, for sure!! mailing date is 10 days away now, sneaking up on us all, glad some of you have it all in the mail, that is terrific!! I can't wait for the first one to recieive their secret santas puffy!!!!!

owl, pineknott, and all else I might have missed, have a great and glorious evening!! Here's hoping for some sun tomorrow, :sun and till then, keep on hookin'  Im gonna go and get some warm now, :fire  tired of being dreary and foggy, and cold, lol

I'm working on one of those patterns where I swear I feel like I'm just  :bang  :rant  :bang  So forget it, I'm fudging it all! I've read and stitched and frogged and read and stitched some more and it's just not working out... I'll figure this out on my own!!!  :tup  :hook

I just needed to get that off my chest. DH doesn't understand! Whew! I'm better now!  :ty

I feel your pain, I recently gave up on a pattern I was working on too.

Thank you Pine Knott for your contribution of squares to my Nephews HLHS 'ghan

Also for these babies that came with

pineknott.jpg

Very pretty squares.

Its a cold damp and dreary day out today but at least its not freezing rain.  Kind of down today as the dr reports on my dad keep coming back with m bad news.  Meanwhile I need to focus and finish up a couple of afghans.  I got all my packages mailed today that I need to mail before Christmas and really didn't have to wait in line to do it.  

owlvamp I have faith in you.  I know you will get the boys back on track.  Wish they could get your iron levels up so you weren't so tired.

yarn_monkey can't wait to see Peanut in the Santa suit.  Yes its very frustrating to have problems with a pattern.  

I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  :hug

I started the day with vertigo caused by my anxiety issues but it went away after a couple of hours. I got some good news about my cat tonight, we were concerned about lymphoma based on weight loss and blood test but another test today indicates that its not likely to be a tumor. I have to take him back to have his weight checked again in 2 weeks. The vet said the weight loss may just be due to his age.

Tomorrow I go back to the dentist to have the rest of the broken tooth pulled, not looking forward to it and I'm sure my anxiety will be through the roof. I guess that's about all the news from here. Have a great evening.

So sorry about your dad! Keeping you and him in my thoughts!  :hug

yeah here too brenda, for like, about the last three or four days, Im getting sun deprived, and thinking about moving to Florida tomorrow, if I don't see the sun!! lol

Oh what pretty squares you have ms. dragnlady, from our piniknott, she does very pretty work, love the colors!!

So sorry yarn monkey about that dastardly pattern, it's probably sitting back bragging now about how it fooled y ou!!!!!!!!! :devil

Got the rest of what I had to get out too, before Christmas, but not sure what to do about Kim's apparent absense, and her secret santa?? any ideas anyone, lol wait or send ?? i dunno.. :shrug .

oh yes, what the hec immafreak in your addy, what does hhv mean, I looked up a map and all i could fine, was a housing area,ville, or something, is it short for that???? lol I thought i had it wrong, but I know i have mailed to you several times at that addy, so I know it's valid, but got my curiosity up, for sure!! mailing date is 10 days away now, sneaking up on us all, glad some of you have it all in the mail, that is terrific!! I can't wait for the first one to recieive their secret santas puffy!!!!!

owl, pineknott, and all else I might have missed, have a great and glorious evening!! Here's hoping for some sun tomorrow, :sun and till then, keep on hookin'  Im gonna go and get some warm now, :fire  tired of being dreary and foggy, and cold, lol

That daggone pattern may have started out laughing at me, but I had the last laugh! I said forget it and did it my own way and it came out just fine! So there, pattern!  :cheer

I hope Kim is still checking in and maybe just not able to post! Fingers crossed, anyway!

I feel your pain, I recently gave up on a pattern I was working on too.

Very pretty squares.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  :hug

I started the day with vertigo caused by my anxiety issues but it went away after a couple of hours. I got some good news about my cat tonight, we were concerned about lymphoma based on weight loss and blood test but another test today indicates that its not likely to be a tumor. I have to take him back to have his weight checked again in 2 weeks. The vet said the weight loss may just be due to his age.

Tomorrow I go back to the dentist to have the rest of the broken tooth pulled, not looking forward to it and I'm sure my anxiety will be through the roof. I guess that's about all the news from here. Have a great evening.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping all goes well. Check in and let us know when you can!  :hug

Only managed to run into the post office for a package for my Secret Santa. The line was down the counter and through the metal detectors. Sheesh! I hope it's not like that when I go back to mail the package and my squares for drgnldy! 

I worked on Christmas cards this evening and now I've run out and I need to go tomorrow and get another box. I've got more stamps than I'll use in 5 years because I bought them at Costco. Oh well, they're Forever stamps so they'll keep! 

I'm going to use the little bit of time I have before bed to get those white squares (hopefully) finished. Hope everyone had a good day!  :)

Shoot, I need to get Christmas cards too. Meant to do that yesterday; we wanted to order picture cards this year. We didn't get a chance to do the family portrait we'd planned yet, but Little Viking did decide he was brave enough to sit on Santa's lap for a picture this year! (We were so proud; this was a big step for him!) So I'll probably use that.

Shoot, I need to get Christmas cards too. Meant to do that yesterday; we wanted to order picture cards this year. We didn't get a chance to do the family portrait we'd planned yet, but Little Viking did decide he was brave enough to sit on Santa's lap for a picture this year! (We were so proud; this was a big step for him!) So I'll probably use that.

Yep that's the picture I would use too. I might try to get pictures in the next week or so and just send late christmas cards. Will see. Awe glad he was a big boy..:)

Yarnmonkey

that's how I thought our line would be,there were about 7-8 people in front of me,ours is usually closed on Saturdays this week they will be open that day,I'm done,even got extra stamps so I don't have to go there till 2015

its quite chilly here today,but the sun is shining

katy, I am kind of between you and Kuddles so our weather is usually pretty similar.  It's another dreary day here but at least its not freezing cold.  I could use a little sunshine and so could our cat.  She follows those sunspots around on the floor all afternoon.  

cshort, hope that when you see this you are home recovering from your tooth extraction and that it went well.  Glad the news was good about your cat.   Time for you to rest and recover.

Thank you Pineknott for the beautiful granny.....

I think my total is 22 for queen month

Im sorry Ive been mia, but December has been quite a busy month for me.   I will have to get caught on past posts one day, but for now if you really need to get in touch with me...you can always email me at crochetkimcat@gmail.com.

I will mail my secret santa on Monday

Nope I got my secret santa. I will mail out on Monday....sorry for the delay in response.

im starting to worry about Kimgoodie, anyone else out there know or hear from her, is she ok, just on a vaca maybe, or something?? If I don't hear from her soon, I might have to do her secret santa thing, so the sooner I know the better, so if you know, or hear, pm me, thanks! she has not been online here, since maybe last Wednesday, will be a week soon.. :no

Hi ya Kim!! Boy, you were sure missed, I thought a virus or something might have had you in it's nasty grips, lol Glad you are back, we all are!

Viking, use the santa pic, how cute is that!!! Glad you already got your secret santa, I don't know what to do about opening them, at your own chosen time, I guess.lol Can't wait to see some pics of the goodies!!

Christmas cards, I got my brunch bunch gals a nd a few neighbors that I deliver things to done, oh, and two out of staters, but that is really all Im doing this year, so one box did fine for me,lol

I got my Secret Santa package today! I didn't open it yet (much to Little Viking's disappointment!) - I sort of feel like I shouldn't open it until I've at least gotten mine out the door, you know? Has anyone else's arrived yet? What are you doing as far as opening?

Im sayin......open it, lol

Im sorry Ive been mia, but December has been quite a busy month for me.   I will have to get caught on past posts one day, but for now if you really need to get in touch with me...you can always email me at crochetkimcat@gmail.com.

oh, that is a great total kim, thanks, you must be pleased, how many more do you est. do you need?

as for anything else, im good till tomorrow,and I have to go out in the FOGGY chilly weather,and get a few things done, but other than that, making cookies is left on my list, and brunch yet, next week, sooo schedule is clearing up a bit, some of you keep so busy, and poor carol, hope you toofy is feeling all better by now!! Least it's out, you know, the rest, is cake!

Hello everyone. I came through the dental work feeling better than I thought I would, I'm usually an anxiety mess by the time I leave the dentist. This new dentist might not be too bad. I am feeling some pain so I took the mega strength ibuprofen and antibiotic the dentist prescribed. I'm trying to finish a scrub top I've been sewing and had hoped to cut out another one tonight but I'm not sure all of that is going to get done. 

Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Yarnmonkey

that's how I thought our line would be,there were about 7-8 people in front of me,ours is usually closed on Saturdays this week they will be open that day,I'm done,even got extra stamps so I don't have to go there till 2015

its quite chilly here today,but the sun is shining

I'm braving the post office tomorrow... Hopefully at an off time! If you don't hear from me tomorrow night, maybe call my husband and make sure I made it out alive!  :lol I think I'll have to go down to my sister's post office because hers has the priority mail puffies and none of the post offices near me do. I got an envelope from mine hoping it would work and it just won't seal... I don't want to do a box because the shipping costs on those are outrageous. 

Glad to hear from you Kim!!  :hug  I understand about December being crazy! As soon as the 26th hits, it will slow back down again I think! 

yarn monkey, i love your posts, you and me quote lots, lol,   Glad I am not the only one, when i read yours its like reviewing previous posts I wanted to comment on too, lol thanks!

If I don't quote everything I wanted to respond to, I'll never remember it all and I'll just sit here like  :reyes And goodness knows I always have plenty to say!!  :D

Hello everyone. I came through the dental work feeling better than I thought I would, I'm usually an anxiety mess by the time I leave the dentist. This new dentist might not be too bad. I am feeling some pain so I took the mega strength ibuprofen and antibiotic the dentist prescribed. I'm trying to finish a scrub top I've been sewing and had hoped to cut out another one tonight but I'm not sure all of that is going to get done. 

Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Carol I'm glad it went better than you expected! I'm a big baby and I have horrible nerves so I'd probably be a wreck before and after! I hope it heals up quickly for you! 

DH and I went out today and got another box of Christmas cards. Naturally they were out of the ones I had bought originally so I got different ones, but they still had snowmen so they worked with my theme! I only had a theme because I already had stickers. And then I ran out of those too... so lesson for next year is buy two of everything! 

So now I've got them all written and addressed and just have to stop by Walmart tomorrow before the post office to pop a few stickers on the last few. And tonight I think I have one more square to do for drgnldy and then those will go in the mail tomorrow too! Then back to work on the house some more and get it cleaned up for Christmas dinner... I almost have the dining room cleaned out. That will require a trip or two to Goodwill before there's room for people to sit and eat! Oh well... 2 weeks to finish that! 

Yay for Friday tomorrow! Not that I have anything planned but my shoes I ordered from Payless should be coming, so that's good!  :lol I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!  :hug

Archived