Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Immafreak aand yarnmonkey, please list some info for your secret santa here on the thread thanks....

Hope everyone got enough to eat, and speaking of pies, I love sweet potatoe pie, lol, didn't make one this year, just stuck with pumpkin, but that ws delish too...

Well, alls quiet, time for a turkey samich!! l

If you all haven't posted some ideas for your secret santa, would you mind doing that please, such as fav colors, what you collect, what you might like from your secret santa, etc. thanks...

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy :ttalk Thanksgiving Everyone

We did our Turkey dinner for breakfast today. It was really good :)  I must be :loco , I am going to walmart to finish the last of my :shop and then I will be done. But it feels good to be able to tell the kids' school that I dont need help this year, and that they can give more to another family.

You may be a little crazy, but all the best of us are!  :hug

Immafreak aand yarnmonkey, please list some info for your secret santa here on the thread thanks....

Hope everyone got enough to eat, and speaking of pies, I love sweet potatoe pie, lol, didn't make one this year, just stuck with pumpkin, but that ws delish too...

Well, alls quiet, time for a turkey samich!! l

If you all haven't posted some ideas for your secret santa, would you mind doing that please, such as fav colors, what you collect, what you might like from your secret santa, etc. thanks...

Info for secret santa is in this post here ... it probably got a little lost in all the other mouth running I did!  :reyes

Well all of our food has been put away, I would say eaten, but we had way too much food to finish it all! We may have gone a little overboard and gotten a 23 pound turkey for 9 people, several of whom eat like birds! Lol Thanksgiving is absolutely one of my favorite holidays and we had the best time today. 

I hope everyone else had a good day! I was hoping to crochet a little tonight, but I think I'm just too full and sleepy to manage... I'll check out some online Black Friday deals and then take my sleepy tail to bed! Goodnight all!!  :ghug

from yarn monkey to her secret santa. ha ha. she beat me by listing post number, but here it is again!!

Favorite colors are blue and pink at a close second, no kids (if you don't count DH lol), I love all things coffee and chocolate (but nothing mint) and everything crochet related, even old magazines you don't want anymore!   Anything for my Christmas decorations would be great (tree and living room are a candy theme) or even cute little mini figurines for the snowglobes I make, and I'd really love squares for my friendship ghan! I hope that helps!

from yarn monkey to her secret santa. ha ha. she beat me by listing post number, but here it is again!!

Favorite colors are blue and pink at a close second, no kids (if you don't count DH lol), I love all things coffee and chocolate (but nothing mint) and everything crochet related, even old magazines you don't want anymore!   Anything for my Christmas decorations would be great (tree and living room are a candy theme) or even cute little mini figurines for the snowglobes I make, and I'd really love squares for my friendship ghan! I hope that helps!

Better detail in the post... I didn't have Turkey Brain when I did that!  :lol

Good Morning Everyone.

I slept in until 6 this morning  :clap. I've started a load of laundry and now I'm sitting on the sofa enjoying my coffee, something I don't do very often, I usually carry my coffee around the house with me drinking it while I do other things. The house is clean, I don't need to cook today since there are plenty of leftovers, the only plans are to decorate when the kids come over later. So I think I will relax and crochet until I hear from them and then I will pull out the boxes.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning

its been years since I used a brand name turkey,well decided to get one again this yr,dang it all,same result- well after the allotted time that bird was still pink and oozy,but our side dishes were really good,I am never buying a B bird again

didn't partake in any of Thursday-Friday shopping madness,its just not my thing

Dear Secret Santa Person :)

I have three children boy5,girl3 and girl 2. First and third have birthday in December so those are the ages they are turning.

My favorite color is purple.

In my spare time I like to spin.

I also have two dogs if that makes any difference.

My kitchen is set up in a canning/mason jar theme. For lack of a better description we are pert near Amish. Simplicity is what we try to uphold :)

I love the Anne's chocolate cordial cherries and Andes mints(my great grandpa got me hooked).

I absolutely don't mind receiving secondhand items :) I have been working heavily on a knitted scrap ghan of sock yarn so if you have leftovers you want to part with I would be tickled :))

I do not have any sock forms and make socks regularly :)

Hmmmm... I hope that was more helpful? :) let Katy know f you need more info

Katy what is the price cap for our secret Santa.....or is there not one?

HI KAY, oops, caps again, well, we never really set a price, just keeping it sort of simple, little goodies, or whatever you want that will fit in a puffy, I guess, with or without squares included, lol... thank you so much for posting Kay, makes it easier for our santas out there, he he he,. And once again, you still may send to whomever you like, just so that you make sure you get your partners out by the 20th, lol...

I would think, sewing notions, crocheting things, yarn is always a biggie, squares of course, stitch counters ummm, a tape measure, or anything you can knit or crochet by then, a card is always a nice thing, bookmarks, little stuff,  chap stik cozies, towel hangars, pot holders, dishcloths, you know, just a added little bonus to some squares!

well would other odd balls of yarn work for you as well kay, or just the sock yarn , do you have any use for other yarns such as specialty yarns, or baby yarns, or or or, fun fur, lol does anyone out there use these other yarns often enough in crochet to warrant having them around, ive got some, and use it occastionally..

kuddles, you still out there somewhere, or did i MISS some of your posts up there someplace, lol. How is kiddles doing, and yourself, well, and happy, I will assume, unless I hear otherwise!!

hope everyone had a good dinner yesterday, we're having hot turkey sanwichs, with gravy over them, potatoes, and more of the left overs, course there is still pie......he he he....tonight, that will be an easy supper to fix, all microwable, lol

take care all, and more latrr, from this turkey eating turkey!!

:tdance Oh, forgot to tel you yesterday morning just after we got the turkey in the oven, i happend to look out and there were 16 + turkeys right outside my bay window,and THREE of them, had their tale feathers spread, they looked huge!! max the cat heard them coming and took off behind the couch, too big, and too many of them for his taste, but I stopped counting at 16, and they were still coming!! First time this year, I have seen them with their tales proudly displayed!! amazing site, and on their dreaded day as well, what courage, huh!! lol :ttalk

They are protected of course here, people feed them probably, and they live no doubt at the lake or the woods about a half a mile away, but they were back this am, too, proudly strutting their tales, some of them, the bigger ones, anyway, I thought how cool is that, on Thanksgiving to look out and see live wild turkeys, sheesh.......made me smile!  the flock that visit has grown, 2 years ago, there were at least 11 chicks,and some adults, the chicks now are almost as big as the adults!

I love working with all types of yarn. I love fun fur yarn, baby yarn , sock yarn, RH love yarn , I love this yarn. I guess you get the drift. LOL. I love using stitch markers and never have enough.

You could put in your puffy's for your secret partner, like old crochet magazines , hooks you don't use, stitch markers, made yarn you dislike. What we don't like could be someone's elses treasure. :) or maybe patterns you don't like . I love purse/bags patterns, to wash clothes and afghans.

Does anyone scrapbook? I love to scrapbook. Could put in stickers to paper etc..... Just ideas ! Maybe someone loves to bake. Could put in wooden spoons, recipe cards, wooden spoons to pot holders. Hopes this helps everyone with some ideas or questions to ask.

HI KAY, oops, caps again, well, we never really set a price, just keeping it sort of simple, little goodies, or whatever you want that will fit in a puffy, I guess, with or without squares included, lol... thank you so much for posting Kay, makes it easier for our santas out there, he he he,. And once again, you still may send to whomever you like, just so that you make sure you get your partners out by the 20th, lol...

I would think, sewing notions, crocheting things, yarn is always a biggie, squares of course, stitch counters ummm, a tape measure, or anything you can knit or crochet by then, a card is always a nice thing, bookmarks, little stuff, chap stik cozies, towel hangars, pot holders, dishcloths, you know, just a added little bonus to some squares!

well would other odd balls of yarn work for you as well kay, or just the sock yarn , do you have any use for other yarns such as specialty yarns, or baby yarns, or or or, fun fur, lol does anyone out there use these other yarns often enough in crochet to warrant having them around, ive got some, and use it occastionally..

Katy I can use scrap baby yarns but as fAr as fun fur and other specialty yarns I am not too much a fan

Bittersweet Thanksgiving here.  Dad was here this year since he is in the middle of chemo and not able to go to FL as he has for many years.  My niece's 16 year old kitty had a spell a couple of weeks ago and never perked back up.  I had a feeling yesterday was going to be the last time I would see her and I was right.  By the time I got to my niece's house this am she had had to have her kitty put to sleep.  It's been a hard day filled with tears.  I will really hug my kitty tonight when I get back home. 

to whomever has grannyannie's name for secret santa, a couple things .. She is alergic to wool, favortie color purple, and scents such as sachets, or anything scented, bothers her. I misplaced an email from her, or pm, stating her preferences, but did remember those things. thanks!!

to whomever has grannyannie's name for secret santa, a couple things .. She is alergic to wool, favortie color purple, and scents such as sachets, or anything scented, bothers her. I misplaced an email from her, or pm, stating her preferences, but did remember those things. thanks!!

oh that is very good to know,I get all clogged and congested from scents,and wondered whose bright idea it was to scent some yarns,

I had to banish a bag that someone made me,'cause of that

Archived