Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will start this off

For secret Santa and who ever.

I would love squares in black, yellow, and red and white too. I would prefer 12".. Would love to make a mickey color afghan .. Yep you guess it. Mickey Mouse is my favorite man. LOL I love cotton yarn and love different patterns. Been wanting to do some of these.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/max-the-african-flower-bulldog-crochet-pattern This is the one for the bulldog., She an elephant, hippo, owl and pony i would love to do as well. I eat sugar free candy . Prefer no chocolates. Love the werthers originals and nips. Love susan bates hooks. I need a size c, h, and I ... I also sew and love fabric. I believe that should be enough info for now unless katy pm's and someone wanting more.

katy, I have so much Christmas stuff that it is a shame to not get it out and enjoy it.  We will have to move someday and I may have to get rid of a lot of it at that time.  We both enjoy it while it is out.  

owlvamp, we have always had antenna tv and after they went digital we can pick up 25 stations

We'll get home the Monday after Thanksgiving and it will be time to get cleaned up and set up for Christmas... That means several trips into the attic for DH for the decorations and the tree, and then a whole lot of going through my mom's Christmas stuff to see what I want to put out of hers. I know she has several stick in the ground type light up decorations for outside and I may use those... I just get lazy about taking them all back down and putting them away. Then there are the "candles" for the windows and my Mom had a whole bunch of the Dickens Village set and I don't have the space to put out the whole collection, but I'll definitely do some of it. 

We have cable downstairs in the living room with the DVR and all that but in the bedroom we just have the antenna. We get a pretty good amount of channels and we only watch it when we're sick or cleaning or getting ready for bed so there's no point in paying for a receiver. 

Hi again! Katie, I've been crocheting a lot, working, and doing who knows what :lol Now I can't think what it is that's filling up my hours. I've tested a couple of patterns with short deadlines... actually, they're three. Some have been more involved. Then there are gifts I've made for people to gift at baby showers. Now I'm remembering. I also have a request to try to write up a pattern for a Chucky doll. Scary! It's a nice challenge, though. Here's a link to one of my recent projects. Thank you, Kim, for inspiring the afghan! It all started with the Angel Heart square :)

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/153034-sunny-layette/#entry2650385

Angel, that's a lovely set you made!!  :manyheart

good afternoon everyone  :hi  so the new job is going ok, but 7.50/hr isnt enough to keep us afloat. thank goodness the "hubby" makes decent money. A friend of ours works at the YMCA close to where we live, and hes going to see if they need any help there since it pays alot better and I can get more hours and good benefits, rather than hopping from one seasonal job to another where I only get maybe 15 hours a week. I need something more stable, And I get free use of all the exercise equipment. Oh, Im down from 180# to 163# :woo

hope you all have a yarntastic day and Keep warm. 

Congrats on the weightloss! I need to start working on that myself, but ugh... finding the energy! And then there's the food I don't want to give up. I want to find a class at the gym to take, but I don't want to be the only big girl in there so maybe I'll just go and see who's in what class and make a decision then. Good luck on the job at the YMCA!  :cheer

Good afternoon! Sorry been so busy sewing. Easier on my fingers at this time..

I have a suggestion And maybe easier on katy but up to her..

We could all post our favorite colors , dislikes and likes here without knowing who had us. Just don't ask any questions.

Good idea! Here's mine for my Secret Santa... Favorite colors are blue and pink, I love Starbucks and frogs and turtles and all yarn, especially the cheap stuff but no mohair or any of those natural fibers because they all make me sneeze. I love chocolate and tea (hot and cold both) and my ghan for squares is 8" brights in WW but no Caron SS. I tend to be a stationery and sticker collector for sending notes to people with squares or packages, I always stop at the Michaels $1 bin and see what they have looking for new ones. My Christmas theme is sweets and I don't really have any favorites to crochet... Just everything!

I think that pretty much covers it... Katie can always field additional questions! :yes

Not much to report today... had lunch at an Italian restaurant but wound up bringing most of my meal home because we had an appetizer and all the carbs made me sleepy so I came home and took a nap. That's what vacation is for, right? Tomorrow I think we're going to the grocery store to get whatever we need for Thanksgiving. I've been making a list for what DH and I are making. He's making the green bean casserole and I'm making cranberry sauce from my grandmother's recipe and a cheeseball.

Don't know if I said before, but I walked out of our house to come to my dad's and forgot all but the red yarn I needed for Peanut's Santa outfit. Sister got that in the mail priority to me yesterday and it should be here Monday! Whew! I almost just bought new but it was much cheaper to ship than replace! Sister sent me a picture of him in the hat and it's adorable! Can't wait to start on the pants Monday!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I'll check back in tomorrow hopefully! :ghug  

Hi Everyone!  WooHoo! I'm back again! Lol!  Look out, I'm making a habit of it!  :lol  I can't stay long again today though.  It is our Thanksgiving with my kids today.  It's the only day we could all get together, so off we go!  I can't wait to see them all!  I see that we have all been assigned our Secret Santa partners!   :clap   I think it's a great idea to list our fav's here, so let me put my thinking cap on.......

My favorite colors are purple and yellow, but also love most colors.  I think 8" squares would be great.  I am planning to make lapghans for Compassionate Creations (my charity for survivors of abuse) with the squares I receive from now on.  I love Werther's original candies,  and cinnamon discs candy (store brand is fine, I usually get Great Value from Walmart).  Of course, I love yarn, lol.  I especially like Vanna's Choice, Red Heart Soft, Red Heart With Love and I never seem to have enough cotton: peaches & cream, etc.  Please NO wool, I am allergic!  I also love getting note cards, stationary, little handmade things from you (I love doilies!) and a card from you would be special.  I think that covers everything.  If you need anything else just ask our dear Katy!

Have a wonderful day everyone!  I'll be back soon!!!!  :hug

ok, im back, i just updated the first post to reflect changes in status of some of our members, some we have not heard of in months, and some are out there, just not posting, so i refered to them as temp. Missing in Action, or mia, Im not sure I can get a current addy on those people, all i can do is pm,and see what happens......

So i will be busy tonight working on pms and updates, i might remind you all too, if your preferences for squares have changed, or if you have moved recently, please let me know, so I can update your listing,and bring you current. thanks all, it's all good!!

Good evening everyone :)

Katie, I also recieved my Secret Santa recipient :woo

As for me, Any size color(s) or pattern for squares :)

Fav color purple, i love animals, snoopy/ charlie brown, I love chocolate, hot tea and cocoa, all things christmas and apprecite the little things (and also the slightly different) in life :)

So anything that you would send would be perfect :)

wow, nice jobs with the listings, how helpful is that!!!

Linda, just the words X-mas, or Christmas all togehter???

Some don't like that abbr. I hear.

gotta get ahold of  a couple people, for current addys, sooooooo Im off, thanks all.

X-mas is what I don't care for, Merry Christmas is great

I have been mia for about 10 days. Sorry. :/ just been busy and exhausted. I tried to scan through but couldn't get my eyes to focus. I finished another Heidi Bears pattern (in show and tell) and been trying to get Christmas presents together. Thanks again Brenda for the towel topper idea. I've been sending a Christmas towel and ring out to clients that have been with me more than 10 years. They probably think I'm crazy sending so soon but have to do a few at a time so can afford it. lol   I'll post likes for secret santa tomorrow if that's ok. Just saw where Katie messaged me so wanted to poke my head in a few minutes. Hugs to all. 

We'll get home the Monday after Thanksgiving and it will be time to get cleaned up and set up for Christmas... That means several trips into the attic for DH for the decorations and the tree, and then a whole lot of going through my mom's Christmas stuff to see what I want to put out of hers. I know she has several stick in the ground type light up decorations for outside and I may use those... I just get lazy about taking them all back down and putting them away. Then there are the "candles" for the windows and my Mom had a whole bunch of the Dickens Village set and I don't have the space to put out the whole collection, but I'll definitely do some of it. 

We have cable downstairs in the living room with the DVR and all that but in the bedroom we just have the antenna. We get a pretty good amount of channels and we only watch it when we're sick or cleaning or getting ready for bed so there's no point in paying for a receiver. 

Angel, that's a lovely set you made!!  :manyheart

Thank you!

good idea sandra, if everyone wants to help out that would be terrific with having those things posted! nice idea, thanks bunches! you heard her, if you are in the secret santa, and want to post fav. colors, or needs, or a couple little wants, lol for your secret santa, that would be great!! If you prefer to go throught me pm wise, that is still fine too!!

Dear Secret Santa,

I never know what to post for favorite colors.  I've been sticking to jewel tones because I guess I like those the most, but even that's vague.  I like reds, garnet, emerald green, and neutrals too.  I love yarn, preferable solids or variegated with long color changes.  i know there's a name for it, but I have no idea what it is.  Stitch markers are very handy.  I use them all the time.  I like coffee, tea (no mints, though), and Crystal Light packets.  Stater Bros. has their own version.  I love theirs too.  What else?  This is so difficult!  I really love to be surprised.  Maybe it's easier to go through Katie if you want to ask me anything you might be considering.  Thanks!

Good morning!!

Glad to see everyone posting there favorite colors and things. I think it makes it easier and not so many pm's on one person. But I enjoy reading them all. SO keep posting for those that haven't yet. I think it gets us all to know each other a little bit.. :)

I babysit today so not sure what I'll get done till mom picks him up. I need to finish sewing and get on to other things. I sew On my table and by Wednesday I need to get it all cleaned off...

Hi again everyone!  We had an enjoyable day yesterday with the children/grands.  Unfortunately it wasn't one of my better tummy days and I don't think that they have seen me like that but not much I could do if I wanted to spend time with them.  I just excused myself alot, lol.  I'm now realizing how close we are to Christmas and oh boy, how am I going to get all these gifts done in time?  Yes, I did it to myself again!  Every year in January I promise to start making gifts early so that I won't be caught up late crocheting the night before we exchange gifts, but OH NO!  Here I am again, lol.  Geez, some day I might learn, lol.  Anyone else in the same boat?  Well, I'm off to warm up my hooks.  Have a great day/week all!  :hug

grannyannie I am always in the same boat. I think I put way to much on myself and tell myself I will get done and always fall short and then I am dissappointed in myself. You think we would learn. I just always have so much I want to do or need to do. I think 2015 should be about what we want to get done not what we need to get done. LOL Let's see if I follow through...NO ONE does this for me and I keep telling myself it's not about me and about giving. Does anyone feel this way? And what would you do.

For instant my sister and I always make each other our gifts. So we always put on our thinking caps and try to out do each other every year and the last couple she hasn't done it. Just bought the gifts and I still made. I feel like my gifts are not appriciated like they use to be. Ever sense her grandson was born I have literally been put on a shelf for over 2 years and still haven't been taken off. This year I made her pot holders and coaster. I decide we weren't going to PA for Thanksgiving and she stated that they weren't doing much for christmas this year do to going on a cruise in Jan. My heart is broken and I have been extremely upset. She has always been their for me and not so much anymore. :(

So i have been debating not giving out the gifts I made. I have stated in the past a gift isn't a gift till given.

As for my likes.....  

Any Purples and Bright orange.  

I love All Animals. except reptiles.

If it is fluffy and cuddly lol.

I collect Ink pens.

Any squares any sizes. 

i am a chocolate fanatic. Hot cocoas Yum

I am a coffee drinker.

Anything crochet related is great, I am currently looking for easy to use stitch markers

hi all, just thought i better tell ya all, im not in the secret santa deal,i decided i would not be in it, and stay on stand by, in case anyone runs into a problem with a  partner or something and then will step in to fill the gap, okie dokie.!! thanks, I am keeping busy while on here, emailing and such,so Im fine, just watching the action!!

Im glad to see people posting their preferences, that's such a big help, and I am still available if you need me for some more info..or a helping hand! have fun, and

have a great day, Ill talk more later tonight, it's chilly again, me oh my!!

Hello,

Well it was back to the real world today  :sigh but I only have one more work day this week so I guess it's not too bad. Then I had to take one of the cats to the vet, my daughter and son-in-law were concerned when they were over the weekend that the cat had lost weight. The vet said it could just be his age, he is 13 years old, because it's normal for some weight lose to occur as they age and its only a couple of pounds. They took blood just to be sure the kidney and thyroid are ok, I'll have the results tomorrow. I didn't sleep very well last night, I think I was worried about the cat and then went back to work after being off last week and I am very tired tonight so the sofa, TV remote, crocheting and I are going to be very cozy tonight. Hope all of you have a nice evening.

Good morning!!

Glad to see everyone posting there favorite colors and things. I think it makes it easier and not so many pm's on one person. But I enjoy reading them all. SO keep posting for those that haven't yet. I think it gets us all to know each other a little bit.. :)

I babysit today so not sure what I'll get done till mom picks him up. I need to finish sewing and get on to other things. I sew On my table and by Wednesday I need to get it all cleaned off...

The posting favorites was a really great idea! Now we know what specific questions to ask if we need more information! 

Does anyone else have the urge to go through and take notes on everybody just in case?? Lol!

My yarn for Peanut's Santa outfit came in today so I'll be working on that till it's done. Thank goodness for priority mail or I would've had to go out and buy more! 

Went out yesterday with my dad's girlfriend to buy what we needed for Thanksgiving.. a tablecloth and napkins and that sort of thing. Darned Bed Bath and Beyond... we got started and found all this beautiful stuff and just couldn't help ourselves. I went to Hobby Lobby today to try to put together a centerpiece and all of their fall stuff has been moved to less than half of one side of an aisle and it was all yard posts and things to hang on your door and pumpkins with glitter on them.  :(  I finally came up with a good idea, with a long short basket and flowers, but then I got to thinking about it too much and got so frustrated I just had to leave. I showed my "stepmom" what I had come up with when she got home from work and she wanted to know what I thought was wrong with it, because she thought it was lovely. Back to Hobby Lobby I go tomorrow to buy what I put back.  :reyes  Sheesh! 

I think I'll go ahead and make my grandmother's cranberry sauce tomorrow too... Jello always makes me nervous because I'm afraid it won't gel like it's supposed to. I figure if I make it ahead of time, I'll panic less! It is a really good recipe if anybody wants it... nobody here likes the canned stuff and this is just so fresh and good and sweet, so I think that makes it better. 

Hope everyone had a good Monday!  :)

I just got a great massage. Doctors orders you know lol. my pregnant neice just moved in so I will have to sneak around to do her blanket. lol  She was having trouble with where she was at and being here she says she feels better with the problems the baby will have to have me so close knowing I am CPR, first aide and EMR certified.

I got to clean house and get ready for Thursday.

hi all, carol, how is kitty..

YarnMonkey, i hate it when i second guess my decisions too, lol

HI ya Lacey, how you doing!

Dragnlady, you have quite the expertize in health care, so good going, baby will need that.

Owlvamp, sent your leaflet out today, as well as your donation squares for nephew dragnlady5.Finally, thanks for being patient..

HI ya Pineknott, and good to hear you are squaring today, lol

Got my errands done today, and you know that darn car didn't want to start, and its warm out today, having the dealership look at it tomorrow, battery is only a year old, so????

Its not even cold out today, very mild, so wthec huh...

Everyone seems to be merrily hooking along on thier squares, and secret santa stuff, nice to see that!! '

more later!

Archived