Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

ok gals, here is the updated list, so far, for the secret santa.....

Angelroselight

Sopo

YarnMonkey

Owlvamp

kimgoodie

Pineknott

Dragnlady5

grannyannie

Immafreek

Vikingrunnergirl

A_creative_mrs   and if needed, I will fill in,

so there we go so far, room for more, carol, viking, and or anyone else, lemme know, ill get you in!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick check in to say hi! 

Katie, I'm glad the squares made it to you safely! Now they'll be warm and have a loving home!  :manyheart

Holy cow, it's cold here! I think it's about 30 outside... I'm ready to move to Mexico! Okay, maybe not Mexico... somewhere tropical and SAFE! Lol! 

Didn't get into much today... My dad had his volunteer day at the animal shelter and his girlfriend works Monday through Friday, so DH and I went to the grocery store and I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas for dinner. I even made real mashed potatoes! I usually do fake ones because even though they're not as good, they're definitely easier, but Dad had some potatoes that needed to be used so I got to mashing! 

Tomorrow we're going to drive into Augusta and do some exploring. Dad has lived here for two years and hasn't really gone except for going to Costco, so he'll have some company and we'll see what's around! It's only about a 30 minute drive, so it's not too bad. 

Stay warm everybody! It's COLD out there!!!

with this cold snap,I think back to when hubby came back from 'Nam and we went to Fla.

I had never been to Florida and expected it to be warm...NOT . In January it was warmer in NYC then it was in Tampa,after a couple of days we went further south and warmed up

katy, I have so much Christmas stuff that it is a shame to not get it out and enjoy it.  We will have to move someday and I may have to get rid of a lot of it at that time.  We both enjoy it while it is out.  

owlvamp, we have always had antenna tv and after they went digital we can pick up 25 stations

Ihear that bgs, my problem is getting it all out, quite a job, lol one that I am not in the mood for this year, so i will do what i can reach, that will have to do, lol

cable tv is a rip off for sure, but almost a nessecity, in thie day and age, we usually keep up on the news, but honestly, there is not a lot i think is worth watching, lol

Warmed up a  bit, and going to stay a bit warmer all weekend, that is going to be a good change. Snow is all gone now too, least in my part of the woods, we only got a dusting here..

The gals at brunch went mad over the fingerless gloves, lol, chosing and going through them, i even left a pair with a note on them, for our watiress, we always get the same one, when we go to village inn, lol. She thanked me and gave me a big smile!!!

Last year when were there around Christmas, we left a very generous tip for her, lol and whatever i made for everyone else, left one for her as well.....We get very good service there, ha ha, as one would imagine!!

hi ya angel, what you so busy on, new projects???

Try to get those two envelopes out tomorrow, just didn't make it today.. so owlvamp, and drgnlady, heads up soon. lol

all for now, hope this finds you all well, and warm!!!!               later squares!

Hi again! Katie, I've been crocheting a lot, working, and doing who knows what :lol Now I can't think what it is that's filling up my hours. I've tested a couple of patterns with short deadlines... actually, they're three. Some have been more involved. Then there are gifts I've made for people to gift at baby showers. Now I'm remembering. I also have a request to try to write up a pattern for a Chucky doll. Scary! It's a nice challenge, though. Here's a link to one of my recent projects. Thank you, Kim, for inspiring the afghan! It all started with the Angel Heart square :)

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/153034-sunny-layette/#entry2650385

Hi everyone  :waving

We got back to my daughter's house last night and I came to visit all of you but kept getting distracted with the everything going on here so I put the computer away and relaxed. Everyone is still sleeping  :sleep  shh, don't wake them up, so I am enjoying a cup of coffee   :coffee  and some Ville time. Disney was wonderful but we did a have a couple of cold days, we knew there would be at least one cold day so we made sure we packed sweaters, jackets, hats, gloves, leggings and long underwear (my grandson called those his fireman pants). I know for some of you temps in the 40s with a feels like temp in the 30s doesn't seem all that bad but for south Floridians that is cold.  :wbrr

Today we will be heading to my house. My daughter and the kids I will be heading down early and my son-in-law will be down a little later, he something to take care at work. They all have a rehearsal dinner to go to tonight and a wedding tomorrow for one of my son-in-laws cousins. They'll be staying with my son-in-laws parents since they have more room than I do.

Guess thats enough rambling for now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Enjoy you visitors Carol and try to stay warm!

Today we are staying inside. I have to go out monday-thursday to drop off the preschooler so today I hermit it up. I have been making stuff like a mad woman trying to get ready for Christmas. This year we are hosting, first year ever! This is a milestone for my family since I am the only "kid" it is a right of passage of sorts. Huge pressure for smooth sailing and excellent cuisine.

Hi everyone  :waving

We got back to my daughter's house last night and I came to visit all of you but kept getting distracted with the everything going on here so I put the computer away and relaxed. Everyone is still sleeping  :sleep  shh, don't wake them up, so I am enjoying a cup of coffee   :coffee  and some Ville time. Disney was wonderful but we did a have a couple of cold days, we knew there would be at least one cold day so we made sure we packed sweaters, jackets, hats, gloves, leggings and long underwear (my grandson called those his fireman pants). I know for some of you temps in the 40s with a feels like temp in the 30s doesn't seem all that bad but for south Floridians that is cold.  :wbrr

Today we will be heading to my house. My daughter and the kids I will be heading down early and my son-in-law will be down a little later, he something to take care at work. They all have a rehearsal dinner to go to tonight and a wedding tomorrow for one of my son-in-laws cousins. They'll be staying with my son-in-laws parents since they have more room than I do.

Guess thats enough rambling for now. Hope everyone has a great day!

His fire man pants lol I love it. I haave had my fireman pants on twice today already. chimney flue fire and a single car wreck

hi all, well the secret santa is closed for sign ups today, I might be able to sqeeze one more in, if you pm me, but as it stands, we have our completed list of participants, and I will work on the list tomorrow, and hopefully, be able to pm you your partner tomorrow or Sunday at the latest. so look to the pm boxes for your info!!

Just wanted to add, that this time we will have a mailing by date included in our secret santa, and that too, will be mailed with some guide lines, and your partners name, if you want to know anything about your partner for instance fav colors, or something, please pm me, and I will get the info for you, that way your partner won't know till the end whom her santa is.....

Any other questions, just pm me, and Ill do my best to help however I can, ok, all for now,the weather tomorrow, is going to be more seasonable, so expect to get out and about a bit tomorrow, those two  puffys still rattling around in my trunck, lol so look to the mailboxes next week for those deliveries....

ok, all for now......you all take care, stay warm, and hook away!!!!!!!!!

hi all, well the secret santa is closed for sign ups today, I might be able to sqeeze one more in, if you pm me, but as it stands, we have our completed list of participants, and I will work on the list tomorrow, and hopefully, be able to pm you your partner tomorrow or Sunday at the latest. so look to the pm boxes for your info!!

Just wanted to add, that this time we will have a mailing by date included in our secret santa, and that too, will be mailed with some guide lines, and your partners name, if you want to know anything about your partner for instance fav colors, or something, please pm me, and I will get the info for you, that way your partner won't know till the end whom her santa is.....

Any other questions, just pm me, and Ill do my best to help however I can, ok, all for now,the weather tomorrow, is going to be more seasonable, so expect to get out and about a bit tomorrow, those two  puffys still rattling around in my trunck, lol so look to the mailboxes next week for those deliveries....

ok, all for now......you all take care, stay warm, and hook away!!!!!!!!!

Oh gee,I thought we were getting them this evening,not till Sat.or Sunday,okay guess I'll just have to wing it till then,I have plans in the works,just hope it will be who I'm thinking it will be

Good evening all! Kim, I love your squares so far! I think I have some purple too, maybe this weekend I can carve out some time to work up a square or two, if I can come up with something to go with everything there!

Here for my weekly check-in, though I think I may have missed last week due to horribleness. Fortunately this week has been better. I made an executive decision to start forcing time in my schedule to work on the fun R&D projects, and commandeered one at the regular meeting on Monday (I'd almost decided to stop going to the R&D meetings since I never had anything to report since I was always doing stupid QC/quality system stuff, but I could never quite bring myself to give up that completely!) so I spent my afternoons this week working on GC method development and got all the QC stuff done in the morning. Paperwork may take a bit of a back seat for a while, but I'm sure I'll find away to get the important stuff done! :lol And the change in schedule has made so much difference for my mental condition. (I still would like to stay home and be Mommy for a while. So we still need to move.)

In less good news... the local shepherd rescue said they don't think they'd be able to place our dog. She gots Issues. :-/ Which is both good news and bad news - bad because things have been pretty rough on us for a while, but also good because darn it we do love the big hairball.... It would tear my heart out to give her up, even to send her to a place that's better for her (i.e. room to run and someone who's home more often!) I started working with her on "sit up" and a paw touch while we were waiting to hear back; learning more tricks will help keep her busy and gives her more personal interaction with us. So since we don't have somewhere for her to go (we can't just take her to a regular shelter; there's no way they could take her with her issues with other dogs) we're discussing options for making things better for us all here in this house, for now.

As far as the house, we still aren't having any luck. There's nothing for sale right now, almost literally. I'm almost to the point where I can be philosophical about it. I know there's nothing to be done at this point; this year and the great prices/interest rates combo are gone, and that's that. We'll find... something. On good days, I can even believe that it might not be something I completely hate. :P

OH I REMEMBERED THE OTHER THING I HAD! I got some yarn this week in the mail from Our Katie (return box is going out tomorrow - Monday at the latest but I'm setting reminders for tomorrow!) and it's perfect! It actually matches the orange I already have very well. I think I'm going to knit some black cats with this as the background! And I'm making some "fireball" pom poms for let's pretend sessions. :D Of course I let Little Viking help open the box, as he loves to do, and when he saw what was in it he was very excited and happy. "It's some new yarn for you! Oh, it's so beautiful!"

And today in the mail I got the book I ordered from Kuddles - thanks! I was stumped at first, couldn't figure out what on earth the envelope could be! I literally stood there just blinking at it for a minute or two, and then everything fell into place. Heehee. Oops.

I'm in the anti-cold club for now. Standing outside with the dog today, looking at the frost on the ground and thinking "This is Pennsylvania after all... and it's November... Nope, I'm sick of cold. Just don't want cold." I need to check our warm clothing supplies; we were a little light last year. It's been years since I'd really needed cold weather boots! Still don't have any, either. All right, that's it for me for now. See everyone later!

yes pineknott,you will know tomorrow sometime, haven't done the match ups yet, wanted to give any latecomers a chance, and good thing i did too, cause I got another member wanting in, so tomorrow, Ill work on the match ups ok, lol.

Viking, that is great that the yarn matched, I know it went to a good home, lol It will be used, and that little guy of yours, amazes me with his comments, so cute!!

and about the house, it's tough, but holding out for a good one for you, soon!! and the doggie, wow, a german shepard is such a wonderful breed, i can't imagine that he wouldn't get a great home, just no other pets in the home, might work, I dunno, if you love him, you have to keep him though, lol

we had a shepard when daughter was about 1 1/2, and that dog and child, could not be separated from the get go!

She was gentle and faithful to her family for all her life, . we lost her to cancer when she ws about I dunno, 14 years old, i guess, and miss her still, but have many memories and pics of her and daughter, doing their thing togehter, through the years.....

well, reality check, it's late, im tired, stuffy, and headed to bed soon, so take care all, and have a good weekend!!

Hello, 

It is very quiet at my house today, I think I go through Disney lag and withdrawl from the grandkids after vacations. Today is laundry day since almost every pair of pants I own were in my suitcase this week. I figured I'd relax and crochet today while I can because after today things will be a bit busy for a few days. Guess that's it for me, have a great day.

good afternoon everyone  :hi  so the new job is going ok, but 7.50/hr isnt enough to keep us afloat. thank goodness the "hubby" makes decent money. A friend of ours works at the YMCA close to where we live, and hes going to see if they need any help there since it pays alot better and I can get more hours and good benefits, rather than hopping from one seasonal job to another where I only get maybe 15 hours a week. I need something more stable, And I get free use of all the exercise equipment. Oh, Im down from 180# to 163# :woo

hope you all have a yarntastic day and Keep warm. 

good afternoon everyone  :hi  so the new job is going ok, but 7.50/hr isnt enough to keep us afloat. thank goodness the "hubby" makes decent money. A friend of ours works at the YMCA close to where we live, and hes going to see if they need any help there since it pays alot better and I can get more hours and good benefits, rather than hopping from one seasonal job to another where I only get maybe 15 hours a week. I need something more stable, And I get free use of all the exercise equipment. Oh, Im down from 180# to 163# :woo

that's great,continued good luck with the weight lose,thats on my list too, but I've been a slacker

:santa ok I am going to start pm'ng your secret santa pairings today, so heads up to the pm box, if you can't wait to see who you are a secret santa to!   :santa   or is that whom!!! I came up with 11 participants, and will chose them randomly to pair up with some unsuspecting member! ha ha, if you were on the list and haven't received your pm regarding pairing, please let me know, and Ill check into it. thanks now, have fun, two things, mailing date deadline is Dec. 20, and if you need any help, pm me,  ho ho ho, holly jolly and all that, right, lol :smiling

Good afternoon! Sorry been so busy sewing. Easier on my fingers at this time..

I have a suggestion And maybe easier on katy but up to her..

We could all post our favorite colors , dislikes and likes here without knowing who had us. Just don't ask any questions.

Congrats. Keep up the good work. 

I got my secret santa receiver. :)  

good idea sandra, if everyone wants to help out that would be terrific with having those things posted! nice idea, thanks bunches! you heard her, if you are in the secret santa, and want to post fav. colors, or needs, or a couple little wants, lol for your secret santa, that would be great!! If you prefer to go throught me pm wise, that is still fine too!!

remember, squares to those collecting, are always welcome, and personal preferences for every one playing is on the first post of this thread.... There is no requirement nor restriction what you send, either squares, or something else you made, or both, or a card, and a pack of gum, anything goes, there is no minimum, no max,no committment to anything else, unless you want to, as long as it fits in a puffy, it's cool...

And as always, you may not only send to your santa partner, but to anyone else you chose to during the next month, as always, your choice. thanks.......

Archived