Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok , so a friend had called the dress shop befoe I could ger up there. Lol. So the owner called me and I threw a massive Bridezilla fit over the phone. She kept saying "your beidesmaid dresses arent finished yet because you never ordered them". And i kept telling her I know that. I told her i was waiting to get them ordered bc i wanted to see how long it would take for them to do my dress. And that ill be in to pick it up and i want my drposit for my alteratiobs back and im taking my business somewhere else. She suddenly got very concerened and yold my they were in the middle of doing my dress and it will be done monday morning. All i gotta say is it better be done bc im going up there tomorrow first thing, snow or not! And it better be ready lol or I will take one of theirs. My mom will bail me out of jail hahaha

I believe my count is currently at 9 :) you ladies rock!?

9 FOR YOU KAY, AND 15 FOR KIM, WOW!! GOD GOING SQUARES!!

morning all :hug

HI YA LACEY, DID YOU GET YOUR DRESS, don't mean to yell, had it on caps, lol ha ha.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/153012-comfort-ghan-for-my-soon-to-be-great-nephew/

This is the link for the Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome Blanket I am making.  If you wanna help me please comment on this page what you are willing to make. So we can all keep track. I will update on that thread.   Thanks guys

Good morning ladies! I hope you two are staying warm and inside.

It's 32 here and I am freezing. I don't know how you guys do it. I use to live in PA and the winters just got to be to much for me. The cold literally makes me ache... I need a globe around my entire place with my own sun... That would be so wonderful.

morning :) Woke up  long enough to get a snack and a drink, im heading back to bed. I am soooo tired and all I wanna do is eat. I think I am just feeling the weather/season change a little hard this year. 

Oh my dress was ready to my 2nd fitting and it looks great, so now just a few last things to do to it before they clean it for me. :woo So I didnt have to grab one of theirs, LOL

cool!! no pun intended, lol, our two queens live close by each other, and they are both freezin, that is not the cool part though, lol

Deep freeze here as well, so you have some company hovering over the oven, or the fireplace, 0r my cat, likes to lie on top of the furnace vent,,,,keeping all the warmie to himself!! \

cats live for luxury, mine eats only the most expensive food, lies where ever he chooses, depending on the weather, and sleeps all day, lol, what a life huh!! on the other hand,in the nice weather,  he can also hear a butterfly pass gas in the back yard, whilst looking out the front of the house in the front yard, with the window closed.......sooooooo he's got some good senses!! makes up for his lazy ways, lol very alert that one....

Haven't felt as bad as that first day, but still don't feel up to snuff, so tomorrow, not going anywhere, just staying in and getting over this stuffiness and general all around tired feeling, lol.

Nuff for now, talk to you all again later............

Hi everyone!  Looks like I'm not the only one in the deep freeze!  Brrr!  Winter sure has hit with a bang!  At least we have only received a little bit of snow.  You poor guys that are getting hammered with the stuff, yuck!  I'm hoping it will be a mild winter.  I don't think I'm going to get my wish, lol.

It's good to see that you got your gown Lacey!!!!  I had a very funny scene running thru my head though of you making a mad dash with several of their dresses as hostage, lol.

Nice eye candy there too!  I need to get some squares made and mailed out this week. (fingers crossed, but not promises). 

Katy, hope you're feeling better.  There is some nasty stuff going around. 

Hugs to all of you.  I think of you all every day even if I can't make it here.  You are all special to me....be well.  :hug

Oooh the beautiful eye candy a.creative.mrs   it would be fun too see all the squares everyone has towards their blankets.   brb

I'll try to remember to take a picture of mine and post it when i get home on the 1st. I'm putting the squares together as they come in so it's about halfway done right now. 

morning :) Woke up  long enough to get a snack and a drink, im heading back to bed. I am soooo tired and all I wanna do is eat. I think I am just feeling the weather/season change a little hard this year. 

Oh my dress was ready to my 2nd fitting and it looks great, so now just a few last things to do to it before they clean it for me.  :woo So I didnt have to grab one of theirs, LOL

Yay!!! Glad you didn't have to hold another dress hostage. That would have been very bad for them!  :yes

cool!! no pun intended, lol, our two queens live close by each other, and they are both freezin, that is not the cool part though, lol

Deep freeze here as well, so you have some company hovering over the oven, or the fireplace, 0r my cat, likes to lie on top of the furnace vent,,,,keeping all the warmie to himself!! \

cats live for luxury, mine eats only the most expensive food, lies where ever he chooses, depending on the weather, and sleeps all day, lol, what a life huh!! on the other hand,in the nice weather,  he can also hear a butterfly pass gas in the back yard, whilst looking out the front of the house in the front yard, with the window closed.......sooooooo he's got some good senses!! makes up for his lazy ways, lol very alert that one....

Haven't felt as bad as that first day, but still don't feel up to snuff, so tomorrow, not going anywhere, just staying in and getting over this stuffiness and general all around tired feeling, lol.

Nuff for now, talk to you all again later............

Katie, I'm glad you aren't feeling any worse at least. I guess that's a step in the right directions anyway. My dad always says that if reincarnation is what happens, then he wants to come back as a cat. They've got it all figured out! His cat thinks she's a great hunter and the neighbors have a garden so Magic likes to go hunting and bring back all sorts of presents for my dad and his girlfriend. My dad is just about fed up with chasing injured and bleeding vermin all over the house! They even had to shut off the half bath for a couple of weeks because an injured mouse got away and climbed in behind the toilet where it's not closed off over the dryer hose that goes to the outside. It was just far enough back to where my dad couldn't reach it and they just had to wait it out. Needless to say, I didn't visit for a while!!  :lol

It's supposed to be 19 degrees here tonight. Dad and his girlfriend said this is not what they moved to South Carolina for! I agree! It's not what I visited for either!  :no I hope this cold air gets a move on! We'd been having just fine weather at home until a couple days ago and then all of a sudden... BAM! Winter. Not okay by me!

I went to get out the yarn to work on Peanut's Santa outfit and realized I brought the red... but forgot the black and the fluffy white and the sparkly gold stuff for his belt buckle. And the black is what I need to start his little pants.  :bang  If that's not my luck! So since we'll be here for 2 weeks and I really need to have it finished when we get back so I can just make finishing touches and be ready for pictures, Sister is going by the house and is going to priority mail it to me. It's cheaper to do that than to buy new and the gold was something odd that I wouldn't even know where to find here. But the white!!  :c9  it's Bernat Pipsqueak and it's the most wonderful feeling yarn I have ever felt! Looks just like a cloud! It's a pain to work with, you can't see anything so you have to feel your way, but it's so worth it! 

So I'll be working on my ripple until we get the mail with the yarn. Hopefully I'll have it before the weekend! Fingers crossed!

Everybody stay bundled up and stay warm! Especially those of you around those Great Lakes for the snow, and then west for the cold!!  :ghug

Glad to see that our co queens received their packages.  They even got there before their estimated delivery date.  

Looks like our cold spell has passed and we are warming back up to normal, 32 degrees with sunshine and no wind feels almost hot out.  I just cringe when they show the snow in Buffalo.  

Is everyone busy getting ready for Thanksgiving?  I have my list of what all I need to buy tomorrow at the store. Then I have my list of what I need to do and when.   I am working on putting away my fall decorations and am going to start putting my Christmas/winter stuff out.  I like it to be out for Thanksgiving.  I am afraid if I wait until after Thanksgiving I wouldn't get it out between being busy and the weather..  The weather is an issue because we have to go outside to carry it down from the attic.  

ohhhi all, how are we doing in this cold, i feel sorry for those in Buffalo, they are all over the weather channel abou it, and it look miserable to say the least, thank goodness they are sending out the national guard to help in shoveling some people out, and general all around aid where needed, sheesh, they sure have  a m ess, and MORE coming, redick if you ask me!! :2snow

hi Bgs, good to see you post, haven't seen you around lately, hope all is well. Im not sure I am going to do much decorating for Christmas, this year, just the wreaths probably, that hang outside, and some other little things, but not all of it, lol :wreath

Pineknot, our bird bath would have been frozen weeks ago. lol :wcold

Got your two squares too Nikki, they will have an easy life, I do beleive i will put the pink pinapple one in a frame, it is so pretty, and the yellow, what work, thankyou again.... :ty

dragnlady5 did up your whites today,11 total, tried  to make it more, but the yarn ran out on me, so figure 7 oz, makes at least 10 Pineknot, lol, I stretched it for 11, now Im out of the white as well, trip to Michaels in the near future me thinks!!  I will mail out this week, hopefully! :cheer

Thanks Kim, I do feel a bit better today!!! :manyheart

Grannyannie, good to hear from you, glad you are feeling more like coming in,hope it lasts, we enjoy your posts!! :ghug

a CREATIVE, AND kuddles, hello there squares, kuddles, keeping warm. lol :wcold

owlvamp got an envelope all taped up for you today, will try to mail by the end of the week!! :clap

nice you all are posting away, oh, one more thing, the secret santa deadline for joining is friday, so this is your last chance should you want in ,and aren't yet, thanks. just pm me, Ill get you on the list pronto!! Even if you don't collect squares, whomever gets your name, willknow, and substitute some other kinds of goodies for you, so come join us, come one, come all!! :wangel

all for now, talk atcha later, stay in, stay warm, if you can, and stay  hookin<!!     

I love all your icons katy.

I think it's cold everywheres. Need to head to the islands as it looks like it should be warmer there.

I've heard about buffalo but haven't seen. I don't have TV for i cancelled it for we just don't watch it and I can't stand wasting the money if not going to watch it. So off it went and I don't miss it one bit.

Archived