Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you wake up tired?  LOL

In trying to check off my done list....I think my to be done list got longer   lol

A week ago today my husband had to have a biopsy, and we are still waiting on results very crazy for us when two of my friend's spouses have died from cancer at very young ages, and my husband is only 45.

So we have been remodeling the kitchen for quite some time, and now Im determined to get it finished before Christmas.   Its almost all painted in 3 dimensional colors, the cabinets were all redone, except we have to put the doors back on, and the last thing we plan to do is the floor.    The refrigerator went out this past weekend, and geesh refrigerators are expensive, and right before christmas I might add.  So I had to spend my entire christmas bonus on a frig.   Almost 1200.00 to be exact.

I also crochet for charity every december.   This year's charity is children with epilepsy.   We have a page on facebook dravet.org

Both Christmas trees are done, lol be I have not shopped for the presents yet.    lol

Tommorow I am attending a scholarship banquet with my husband, and sunday my truck goes into shop for tires, oil change and fuel flush..   When will this shopping take place I don't know.

I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.   And to top it all off I am still working thru the holiday did not take one day off.

Hope everyone else is having a less stressful christmas month

Gotta run and get back to work

Have a blessed day everyone

In trying to check off my done list....I think my to be done list got longer   lol

A week ago today my husband had to have a biopsy, and we are still waiting on results very crazy for us when two of my friend's spouses have died from cancer at very young ages, and my husband is only 45.

So we have been remodeling the kitchen for quite some time, and now Im determined to get it finished before Christmas.   Its almost all painted in 3 dimensional colors, the cabinets were all redone, except we have to put the doors back on, and the last thing we plan to do is the floor.    The refrigerator went out this past weekend, and geesh refrigerators are expensive, and right before christmas I might add.  So I had to spend my entire christmas bonus on a frig.   Almost 1200.00 to be exact.

I also crochet for charity every december.   This year's charity is children with epilepsy.   We have a page on facebook dravet.org

Both Christmas trees are done, lol be I have not shopped for the presents yet.    lol

Tommorow I am attending a scholarship banquet with my husband, and sunday my truck goes into shop for tires, oil change and fuel flush..   When will this shopping take place I don't know.

I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.   And to top it all off I am still working thru the holiday did not take one day off.

oh Kim

with all that's going on,I'd be waking up tired also,prayers that your hubby gets a good result from his test

the kitchen redo sounds like such a job,but you'll be happy with the end result.darn refrigerators don't last like they used to,and of course its not something you can do without,wishing you a calmer new year.

Grrrr, I had a nice long post to all of you and it went poof into cyber space! 

Oh, Hi Everyone! LOL!  Sorry , but it frustrates me when that happens because I have a hard enough time with my memory.  geez!  I leave it to say that I got my secret santa gift mailed out.  I am keeping you all in my prayers and I'll try to get back soon.  Hopefully my posts will go thru, lol.

Honex99 welcome back

Kimgoodie, hoping your husband's biopsy results come back okay.  My sister had a refrigerator go out like a day before Christmas.  Not fun anytime but especially not fun at Christmas.  I hope things start to fall in place so you can just stop and catch your  breath.

Hello everyone. Doing the happy Friday dance here  :dance especially after this crazy week.

Welcome back Honex!

Kim, prayers for your husband. And you're making me tired just reading everything you have going on.

I do feel tired today, I think yesterday took a toll on me. I've also had a sniffly nose today and I don't know if its connected to the dental work or if I'm coming down with a cold. My mouth is a little sore and uncomfortable but I haven't needed any pain meds today, I am taking the antibiotic. I'm going to dinner with my youngest daughter, maybe some real food will help me feel better, I've been eating soup, applesauce and pudding since yesterday. Oh, my Christmas shopping is done except for some stocking stuffers which I will pick up next week when I go to walmart. Guess that's about it for me. Have a great night.

oh my, to read of such chores, makes me tired too PIneknot, kim you have your hands full lady, sit down, take a few deep breaths, you'll get through it, you have before, you will again. My best wishes for your hubby, I feel it will all be good news..

Owlvamp, busy as usual, are the boys liking staying there with you, i bet they really do.

Carol, yes,you should eat some solid food now, it will help you heal, poor baby.

ann, as always, good to hear from you!! Hope you get your projects done, I would help you, if we lived closer, lol

and bgs, you lady, are something else....You see, I got the mail today, and lo and behold, 2 puffies!!!! First one was from Justaddglitter, she used to be in the thread, and is coming back, for the b day bash!! Inside, was a lovely square, 12 inches, and ocean colors no less.........so pretty, i want to frame all of the squares Im getting!! Best part was hearing from maggie again, glad she is coming back!!

Then....... today, later, after the mail run at 5, i got another puffy!!!!!! from none other than our own bgs.........

Inside, a square, also in lovely combination of ocean colors, a towel with hanger, a candycane, that is darling, simply to die for, a card with a very heart felt message,and well, here to see, lovely, thanks bgs, I wasn't in the secret santa, as I figured it came out right the first time i matched everyone up, and I would have had to re do it all, lol and also, figured i would be busy with pms and addys and such, sooooooo brenda send lil ole me something too, how wonderful, thank you brenda, and you too maggie, it was such a wonderful surprize two puffies in one day, at different mail times, LOL         thanks again, maggie the pic i took of yours came out too dark, so will do another one in the day time.........

post-40621-0-93737400-1418430435_thumb.jpg.

You are very welcome.  I thought you should get a little surprise for taking care of us. 

oh my, to read of such chores, makes me tired too PIneknot, kim you have your hands full lady, sit down, take a few deep breaths, you'll get through it, you have before, you will again. My best wishes for your hubby, I feel it will all be good news..

Owlvamp, busy as usual, are the boys liking staying there with you, i bet they really do.

Carol, yes,you should eat some solid food now, it will help you heal, poor baby.

ann, as always, good to hear from you!! Hope you get your projects done, I would help you, if we lived closer, lol

and bgs, you lady, are something else....You see, I got the mail today, and lo and behold, 2 puffies!!!! First one was from Justaddglitter, she used to be in the thread, and is coming back, for the b day bash!! Inside, was a lovely square, 12 inches, and ocean colors no less.........so pretty, i want to frame all of the squares Im getting!! Best part was hearing from maggie again, glad she is coming back!!

Then....... today, later, after the mail run at 5, i got another puffy!!!!!! from none other than our own bgs.........

Inside, a square, also in lovely combination of ocean colors, a towel with hanger, a candycane, that is darling, simply to die for, a card with a very heart felt message,and well, here to see, lovely, thanks bgs, I wasn't in the secret santa, as I figured it came out right the first time i matched everyone up, and I would have had to re do it all, lol and also, figured i would be busy with pms and addys and such, sooooooo brenda send lil ole me something too, how wonderful, thank you brenda, and you too maggie, it was such a wonderful surprize two puffies in one day, at different mail times, LOL         thanks again, maggie the pic i took of yours came out too dark, so will do another one in the day time.........

attachicon.gif001.JPG.

Evening all! I've been rundown all week but couldn't take off work because things were too important... today I said FORGET IT and stayed home to rest. So I worked on my Secret Santa stuff while I sat on the couch watching Netflix. :D And the Lego Movie en español!

I got a new recipe for you all tonight - it's how to make a birthday cake for Santa. Here's the instructions for it:

First, one cup of water. *pours*
Then, two pieces of milk.
Then, three Christmas lights, three *chocolate* Christmas lights.
Then, four candy bars.
Then, seven chocolate eyeballs.
Then, nine chocolate footprints.
Then, one chocolate [something I can't remember anymore].
Then, two chocolate Christmas lights.
Den, you MIX everyfing togever *enthusiastic stirring motions*
And dat's, how, you make, Santa's, birfday cake!

So there you go, in case anyone wanted to make Santa a birthday cake! His birthday is December 25, apparently; after he delivers the presents and eats his cookies and drinks his milk, he will come back Christmas Day to have his birthday cake with us, which Little Viking will make and which will be shaped like Santa. Santa will have the piece with the boots.  :yes  :santa

I can never have enough stamps. I have to buy some. My secret Santa package goes out tomorrow.plus a few other cards to.

I also need to get a box of christmas cards.

One trip to Costco and you'll never need to buy stamps for the rest of your life! Lol! 

Kim, it's no wonder you haven't been around! I'd wake up tired if I was you too. Just one thing at a time and don't forget to breathe. Before long it'll be over and you won't know what to do with all your free time! Please keep us updated on your husband! I hope the biopsy comes back negative!!  :hug

Grrrr, I had a nice long post to all of you and it went poof into cyber space! 

Oh, Hi Everyone! LOL!  Sorry , but it frustrates me when that happens because I have a hard enough time with my memory.  geez!  I leave it to say that I got my secret santa gift mailed out.  I am keeping you all in my prayers and I'll try to get back soon.  Hopefully my posts will go thru, lol.

I hate when that happens! Never when you've only typed a few words, only when you've written a book! 

Hello everyone. Doing the happy Friday dance here  :dance especially after this crazy week.

Welcome back Honex!

Kim, prayers for your husband. And you're making me tired just reading everything you have going on.

I do feel tired today, I think yesterday took a toll on me. I've also had a sniffly nose today and I don't know if its connected to the dental work or if I'm coming down with a cold. My mouth is a little sore and uncomfortable but I haven't needed any pain meds today, I am taking the antibiotic. I'm going to dinner with my youngest daughter, maybe some real food will help me feel better, I've been eating soup, applesauce and pudding since yesterday. Oh, my Christmas shopping is done except for some stocking stuffers which I will pick up next week when I go to walmart. Guess that's about it for me. Have a great night.

Yay Friday! I hope it's just from having the tooth out! Apparently all that stuff is connected so maybe your sinuses are just a little confused... Food will definitely help! When I had my wisdom teeth out, I lived on instant mashed potatoes. I know they're a really love/hate food, but if you get the packets of the flavored ones (loaded or cheese or whatever) and make them with chicken broth instead of water, I think they're actually pretty good. A little more substantial than soup, applesauce and pudding at least. How was dinner with your daughter? Did you get to eat well?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! Everywhere I type!!

the snow is not yet here, but a whisper to your ear, Id rather it would  stay away all year!!!!! :wgrin

Katie you keep that white mess out there! I don't have any desire to see that stuff over here!  :no Plus snow means Christmas and I am so not prepared! My friend has a countdown that she posts every morning on Facebook and each day makes me more and more anxious! 

I spent some time with Peanut today and tried his Santa pants on him and they're perfect! I just need to add the buttons for his suspenders and we're done! I think he'll wear them for his first pictures with Santa next week and for Christmas card pictures. I can't wait to share him in his little outfit!  :manyheart

Tomorrow I'm hoping to make a Goodwill trip and DH and I are going to Melting Pot for dinner and then riding around to look at Christmas lights. We don't usually do Melting Pot outside of Valentine's Day but we have a $25 coupon and that's just too good to pass up! 

I hope everyone has a productive or relaxing Saturday (depending on which you're trying for!)  :)

bgs, i used my christmas light bulb hot pad tonight, to take cookies out of the oven, it is nice and thick!! love it, and I hung the towel too today!! so nicw !! just so ya know, lol.. :c9

I am in the process of edging my 12 inch ocean color squares, (maggie, got yours edged, it was on top of the pile, lol pic tomorrow! ) i am using tan, or sand, if you will, he he he, they are really lookin sharp, you guys sure do a nice job!! Ill take a pic tomorrow, when I have better light, and take a pic too, of the squares I have, if I can find a place to lay them out, lol it's getting close, I might stop at a 3 by 4 12 inch ghan, I dunno, we'll see, lol, they all look very proper in their trim little sandy colored edge, and putting them together will be fun!! :manyheart

a neighbor brought over a tray of cookies, and i had a pair of fingerless mitts left over, as i try to keep a couple quickie gifts on hand this time of year for pop ins, , so I hurriedly put her name on them, lol she LOVED them, and I got cookies!! lol nice trade, don't ya think!! Guess I better make a few more spare sets, huh! I have about three more sashay scarves left too, i could use for pop in gifts.. :ghug

ANyone hear from sopo, she hasn't been on much this week, i do hope all is well with her, and she pops in soon, and visits with us, she is missed. Probably just busy, as everyone this time of year, huh. I hope the hedgies are all doing well, maybe another one had babies!!! :yay

Im up late, took a short nap earlier, didn't sleep really, never do unless im sick, but rested anyway. The weekend is here ladies, hope you all have a great one.... oh oh, the sun was actually out today, can you believe that, after days of fog, and cloudy skies, I sat out in the 50 some degree weather on the deck for a bit, and soaked it up, could feel my cells just working hard making that vitamin D lol...      well take care all, im tired now, see ya tomorrow!! :sun

Evening all! I've been rundown all week but couldn't take off work because things were too important... today I said FORGET IT and stayed home to rest. So I worked on my Secret Santa stuff while I sat on the couch watching Netflix. :D And the Lego Movie en español!

I got a new recipe for you all tonight - it's how to make a birthday cake for Santa. Here's the instructions for it:

First, one cup of water. *pours*

Then, two pieces of milk.

Then, three Christmas lights, three *chocolate* Christmas lights.

Then, four candy bars.

Then, seven chocolate eyeballs.

Then, nine chocolate footprints.

Then, one chocolate [something I can't remember anymore].

Then, two chocolate Christmas lights.

Den, you MIX everyfing togever *enthusiastic stirring motions*

And dat's, how, you make, Santa's, birfday cake!

So there you go, in case anyone wanted to make Santa a birthday cake! His birthday is December 25, apparently; after he delivers the presents and eats his cookies and drinks his milk, he will come back Christmas Day to have his birthday cake with us, which Little Viking will make and which will be shaped like Santa. Santa will have the piece with the boots.  :yes  :santa

Too cute!

Good Morning everyone.

I'm feeling better this morning. Thank you all for the good wishes and prayers. I'm still a little sniffly and sneezy but the achy back is gone, I don't think sitting in a backwards heads down position is agreeable to my body. If the sniffles keep up I'll run to the store and get some Advil Sinus Congestion stuff, I left mine at my daughters last weekend when I was visiting. My other daughter and I had a yummy dinner at Cheesecake Factory last night, I'm actually enjoying some of the Chocolate Tower cake that I brought home right now, cake is a breakfast food right? I've started the laundry and plan to get a couple more scrub tops finished for my daughter today. I hope everyone has a super Saturday.

Good morning everyone :) I got my package mailed out to my SS recipient yesterday. I only live 2 mins from the post office but it took 20mins to get there, and another 30 standing in line ! And then it took 30 min to make the 10-15 min drive to work. Good grief ! Lol. The PO said the package should arrive on monday the 15 :)

here is a pic at least, of one of the newest squares I received, from justaddglitter, who is rejoining us for the birthday bash!!

post-40621-0-35148700-1418507020_thumb.jpg   thank you!! I have been working on edging them in that pretty
"sand" color, they love it, and feel so good now, all uniformly edged!!!

I need to finish up with a swap and I actually finished crocheting a basket. I used cotton yarn and crocheted over rope. Not easy and not good on the hands but I finished it and have one more to do for a christmas gift. I'll get a picture tomorrow and show you all. My finger is just starting to feel a tad better and I need to get in gear for I haven't done much for anyone for christmas. :( im really late this year...

Taking on the boys and extra extra work , laundry , cooking and homework.. Then doctor appointments.. Will I ever get done? I need to have something for them under the tree... Not going to be pretty this year. We just had a very hard year.

Archived