Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Yarn monkey--I recognize a couple of those squares! The froggy one and my Carnival Glass one. All the squares are so colorful! You will have a very nice ghan.

Thank you! I love those two squares because they're so different!

Oh lovely so far yarn monkey, I just today posted out four squares heading your way!!!!!!!!

CIndy, I added a couple rows onto the squares you so generously donated to me, and they look darling!! I think Ill make a baby ghan for project linus, or a lap robe for the nursing home, they colors are so bright and pretty, thank you again!!!!!

Well, I may be biting off more than I have time or energy for, but have picked up my embroidery skills again, or lack there of, lol

Im doing ONE of those quilt blocks, 18 inches square, whew,     roses, flowers, etc, all cross stitch....

I have one of the four corners almost done,lol least the rose is done, and some surrounding leaves and greenery, but wow, this is a lot of work, ha ha....

Too big for me to frame if and when I complete it, so will either have to do more of the, or?????

Did run into a deal though at  hobby lobby,which came in handy in my decsision to tacikle that quilt block, ha ha, they had ,most of their embroidery floss, in clearance, cept for the big packs, but the singles, all 15 cents!! I can't tell you how many i got, lol

So many colors, thought I might need some, but when i got home, I have a bunch already, but this is nice, I may go monday, and get more, lol Yarn is yarn,be it crocheting yarns, or embroider, love it all!!!

SO had fun sorting out that small bin with my floss and hoops and such, I have a hoop my grandma used, the wood type, with the screw, no less, do they still even make those!!!

So anyway, worked on that off and on, between other chores today, busy day altogether I guess, so relaxing now, and watching some tv ! Take it easy all, and have a great day tomorrow!!!

Yay! I'll keep an eye out!  :ty  I do a little embroidery, but it's mainly crewel and those kits are so hard to find. I can't really get into cross stitch because it's much more involved. My mom was an absolute cross stitching wiz though and I have several of hers that I need to hang here at my house. 

Love that, frog block. Where did you find a pattern for that? Beautiful blocks and can't wait to see the finished afghan.

Just stopping by to say Hi!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

yarn_monkey, your blanket is off to a good start, can't wait to see what it's like when it's finished. 

Speaking of finished ghans, I need to organize my squares and start putting them together.  I should have enough for a nice lapghan, if not I'll make a few to add to it.  It's going to be so pretty with all the lovely squares I rec'd!

Katie, wow, sounds like you've got a big project there!  I'm sure it's going to be beautiful!  I did a little bit of cross stitching way back when, but my eyes can't take the fine detail work any more.  Enjoy your project and be sure to show us some pics!!!

ok, see ya later.  It's way past my beddy-by-time, lol.   

Good Morning.

Yarn_monkey, the afghan looks good so far.

Katie, sounds you're keeping busy.

Cindy, hope you get some rest this weekend. I teach special needs preschoolers and they are amazing and do get into your heart quickly.

I feel like I did a sewing marathon yesterday, but it felt good and I hope to finish up some more projects today. I started by cutting out everything for the grandkids Easter outfits, a pair of pants, a button down shirt, a skirt, a pair of bloomers and a slip, I had already cut out my granddaughter's shirt and started smocking it. I finished the skirt and pants, the button down shirt is done except for the buttons (need to go buy some), the bloomers just need the casing for the elastic at the waist and leg bottoms, and the smocking is finished. So today, I hope to finish the bloomers, my granddaughter's top and slip. But first its off to Church service and Sunday School. I also need to stop at the grocery store to get ingredients to make Confetti Salsa for lunch at work tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone. Hopefully I'll get to pop in again later today.

Thanks, owlvamp, grannyannie and cshort!  :manyheart

DH went off tonight to watch the wrestling pay-per-view at his friend's house so my sister and the Peanut came over for dinner. We made breakfast since hubby won't really eat breakfast except for breakfast, and even then he doesn't really like it. We had scrambled eggs, corned beef hash and belgian waffles with real maple syrup. So good!! I hate when he goes anywhere, but I'll take any opportunity I can to have breakfast for dinner! 

I'm hoping to get a little hooking in this evening, but I might just fall asleep on the couch. No promises though!  :D

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

I think migraine is coming to an end. Thank goodness. Today it seems to be more bearable to handle. I'm real tired for I didn't sleep well so going to lay down now. Then will get up and tackle the day.

Hi kuddles, everything ok, lol one little "mornin" just isn't like you, hope your day improves??

Glad the headache is subsiding for you sandra! Yarnmonkey, real maple syrup, wow, that would be nice, I always get the no sugar no cal stuff, but it misses some of the flavor me thinks, along with the calories, lol

Well, cloudy here now,supposed to clear off some this aft.....with promises of a nice day!!!

If anyone has any smaller 4 inch squares, in pastels or light colors, rusty's mom needs a lot yet, just sayin!! lol

Im off to hobby lobby this am, told you I would think about getting more embroidery floss, and i did,and i will, hec at 15 cents a  tiny skein,what a deal, huh..... My maxie cat,saw those tiny skeins, he's a yarnie too, and thought I got all those just for him, finally,yarn his size, lol i THINK AT maybe one time, i did crochet with a skein or two of that floss, don'tknow why really, just to see if I could, but it's tiny,and one would use tons of it but for embossing anything really, or if you embroider,or do amigurumi eyes and such, well, you just can't have enough yarn,no matter what kind, lol     

Ok,Im off, you all have a great day, and stay well, and healthy!!

yes I'm doing a few to build up the wrist,over on the boxing day2014 thread,there is a picture hubby helped with getting it posted

3 strands with an H hook,it just how they like them stiff and sturdy,I've made them before for the wildlife team in Va.Beach,any kind of baby animal can fit,birds,possums,squirrels

That's really neat about the nests. Hope you get your wrist strength back soon.

Good Morning!

I believe spring is finally showing up around here! The air smells different and you can feel the warmth in the sun now when it's out, ahhh, yes, sweet spring. We even have some crocus popping up!!!!

Kuddles, glad you and Kiddles enjoyed the movie. I miss those days of watching Disney movies with my kids. It's a treat when I get to watch them with the grand kids now!

owlvamp, hope you get to rest at home now. You are a super woman for all that you do!

cshort, glad that your diner was enjoyable last night!

pineknott, would love to see your bird nests when they are finished. Hope they help your wrist!

Jessicali, oh my gosh,Rosalie is just too cute!!! I love that she wanted a fork instead of using her fingers, lol. Oh! I almost forgot, congrats on the job!

yarn_monkey, glad that the house has sold and you have some closure. Also good to hear the progress on "peanut", lol So wonderful that he is doing good.

bgs, did you say you were sewing something? Hmm, I think it was you but I can't remember what, so sorry, but I want to see it! LOL.

Katie, hope you are feeling better. (((hugs)))

Well that's all for me for now. Hope I didn't forget anyone, but it wasn't intentional, you all just know my memory is terrible, lol. I'm heading to my hooks and yarn now. DO NOT DISTURB! :hook:lol

No Ann the sewing project wasn't me. Haven't had the sewing machine out for anything but mending in a very long time.I

Oh lovely so far yarn monkey, I just today posted out four squares heading your way!!!!!!!!

CIndy, I added a couple rows onto the squares you so generously donated to me, and they look darling!! I think Ill make a baby ghan for project linus, or a lap robe for the nursing home, they colors are so bright and pretty, thank you again!!!!!

Well, I may be biting off more than I have time or energy for, but have picked up my embroidery skills again, or lack there of, lol

Im doing ONE of those quilt blocks, 18 inches square, whew, roses, flowers, etc, all cross stitch....

I have one of the four corners almost done,lol least the rose is done, and some surrounding leaves and greenery, but wow, this is a lot of work, ha ha....

Too big for me to frame if and when I complete it, so will either have to do more of the, or?????

Did run into a deal though at hobby lobby,which came in handy in my decsision to tacikle that quilt block, ha ha, they had ,most of their embroidery floss, in clearance, cept for the big packs, but the singles, all 15 cents!! I can't tell you how many i got, lol

So many colors, thought I might need some, but when i got home, I have a bunch already, but this is nice, I may go monday, and get more, lol Yarn is yarn,be it crocheting yarns, or embroider, love it all!!!

SO had fun sorting out that small bin with my floss and hoops and such, I have a hoop my grandma used, the wood type, with the screw, no less, do they still even make those!!!

So anyway, worked on that off and on, between other chores today, busy day altogether I guess, so relaxing now, and watching some tv ! Take it easy all, and have a great day tomorrow!!!

I like to do emboidery some times. The last thing I did was a couple of blocks for a baby quilt for my sisters's pastor's wife. She knew I would easily sucker into doing them for her..

Anna and Elsa patches on shirts for DD......she of course loves them!

Those are so cute. Did you make the patches yourself using your machine?

I have gotten 8 more squares! 4 each from two different peoples! Im sorry I havent posted pics yet, Ive been pretty sick with morning sickness and terrible fatigue!  I think the sickness is finally slacking up so I should be able to get back on here regularly soon! Right now it is VERY hard to sit up at a computer and I havent even crocheted in about two weeks!

Ill be back full force soon! Thanks for the patience and THANKS SO MUCH for the squares!  

Hello Everyone!

It was back to the real world today. And then I stopped at Joanns for buttons, bias tape and rotary blades, and that was all I bought, I was soooooo good, I looked but I didn't buy any yarn or fabric  :lol . I have a sewing guild meeting tonight.

Jessica, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Jessica hope you are feeling better soon.

Katie you could crochet around your quilt block and use it for a doily/dresser scarf.

cshort :cheer for your sewing marathon.  It would be fun to have little ones to sew for.

Owlvamp, hope you are feeling better soon.  Sounds like you wore your self out on your trip.

hi squares!

well, finished the quilt block, ill post a pic and put the thread here after while,now just 11 more to go, lol it's 18 inches square, 17 inches finished off so they say, turned out pretty well, but  lot of work, quite the diversion i guess I needed!

Now back to doing some squares I think to keep my busy!! Oh,bought a chefs apron to cross stitch for my daughter too, with cupcakes on it, so cute, and she is the self proclaimed cup cake queen, sooooooo!! lol I was weak, i couldn't resist!!!!

got the house all thoroughly cleaned today, have been slacking off a bit lately, on dusting and stuff, I think that is my worse thing, i hate to dust, lol Vacuuming comes in a close second, but you know, you just do it, and be done, is all!!

SO, feeling pretty good about that, and was a nice day, maxie got his window open again,he loves to watch the birdies, and the other day, I was watching something about birds, and i kid you not, he got up, and went and sat in front of the tv, for the whole show, watching,and listening to the birds, well,I guess they were owls and such...He loved it!

He is more himself now, I think he missed Precious in the beginning, but improving I think, and coming bck to himself a lot more!

I got nothing else, all talked out, phone has been ringing all day it seems.

Ok all,take it easy and enjoy your evening!!

I have gotten 8 more squares! 4 each from two different peoples! Im sorry I havent posted pics yet, Ive been pretty sick with morning sickness and terrible fatigue!  I think the sickness is finally slacking up so I should be able to get back on here regularly soon! Right now it is VERY hard to sit up at a computer and I havent even crocheted in about two weeks!

Ill be back full force soon! Thanks for the patience and THANKS SO MUCH for the squares!  

I hope you start feeling better soon!  :hug

Hello Everyone!

It was back to the real world today. And then I stopped at Joanns for buttons, bias tape and rotary blades, and that was all I bought, I was soooooo good, I looked but I didn't buy any yarn or fabric  :lol . I have a sewing guild meeting tonight.

Jessica, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

So proud of you! I can never leave there without at least a couple things I didn't go in there for!  :lol

heres the link to my quilt block embroidered square!

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/150947-one-down11-to-go/

Katy it's beautiful!!  :manyheart

And I got four lovely squares in the mail from Katy today!!  :ty  :ty     :hug  :hug  They're beautiful! And to prove it, I have a picture (although not the best)... I'm going to work on adding them to my ghan now!  :D

post-11765-0-19414200-1396932853_thumb.jpg

Morning all.....

Great quilt square Katy and great squares received Nikki!

Today we have a huge meeting.......we have about 50 people coming, we are feeding them lunch and my new coworker will be speaking to them. We are both nervous about it going off without a hitch!

So I'm up early. Woke up before 4 and couldn't stop thinking about it!

Have a good day,

kuddles

Morning all.....

Today we have a huge meeting.......we have about 50 people coming, we are feeding them lunch and my new coworker will be speaking to them. We are both nervous about it going off without a hitch!

Have a good day,

kuddles

Good luck today, kuddles!!! 

kthanks Sandra!!

katy your quilt block is beautiful!

you are certainly welciome for the squares yarn monkey! and yes,. has been a limit for that for a while now,don'tknow why??

And apparently there's a limit to the number of emoticons in a post now?? I had no idea...  :(

Hope all went well Kuddles......

Did one cupcake on the apron, it's heavier fabric, doesn't seem like my needles are sharp enough, so will put it aside till I can get some sharper embroidery needles, but it sure will be cute when done!

Morning all.....

Have a good day,

kuddles

I got 2 beautiful squares in the mail yesterday from Yarn Monkey & 1 stunning one in the mail today from VikingRunnerGirl! No pictures yet - Have to let phone charge

Hello everyone!

Katie, your quilt square is beautiful.

yarn_monkey, those are beautiful squares.

Kuddles, hope all went well with the meeting.

I did my usual work day, although I've been told there is nothing usual about my work. My daughter and her family are down my way for a funeral today and I'm waiting to hear if they are going to stop by before they head home. I had a good time at my sewing guild meeting last night, it's always nice to get together with people who share my addictions :lol . I'm working on finishing the grandkids outfits tonight, hand stitching facing and buttons. And then maybe some crocheting.

Have a great evening everyone.

Whew! Meeting was packed, pizza was good, everyone seemed happy with the changes so all is good! Glad it is done! Thanks for all the well wishes, must have done the trick!!!

Hugs to everyone!

kuddles

I got 2 beautiful squares in the mail yesterday from Yarn Monkey & 1 stunning one in the mail today from VikingRunnerGirl! No pictures yet - Have to let phone charge

Yay!! Glad you got them and hope you love them!  :D

Whew! Meeting was packed, pizza was good, everyone seemed happy with the changes so all is good! Glad it is done! Thanks for all the well wishes, must have done the trick!!!

Hugs to everyone!

kuddles

So glad it went well!!!  :yay

Good morning Squares! I sure didn't sleep well, kept rethinking about the meeting! Argh! Oh well, always tonite, right?

Today is supposed to be 63 and sunny! Woot! I see a BIG walk tonite for me and Kiddles!

That's all I know for now so I'll just say, have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi ladies!

Just checking in. I've got 5.5 weeks left! I'm busy doing the nesting thing. I have the goal of being ready in the next 2 weeks.

One small project is cleaning up my yarn stash. I was given a ton of yarn and a few unfinished projects. The blanket below was 1 of them. It came to me as squares, so I stitched them together and added a simple border. Its not the best baby ghan ever, and its kind of small, so I'm taking it with my next Goodwill run. Someone will appreciate it, and for a really cheap price! I hope the woman I got the stuff from is resting in peace knowing her stuff is all going to good causes.

post-48303-0-82072300-1397056205_thumb.jpg

Archived