Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello all...

Yeah, I wasn't on much this weeikend either, apologies for that, we lost our kitty on thursday, the siamese,(my icon is him.) so, took a couple days to try to recover.. Daughter is already sending me pics of cats and kittens that her friends have up for new homes, but it is much to soon for me, so will put that aside for now.

So, RIP Precious, we miss you.

Today, or tonight is actually the evening we will know the identity of our new queenie!!!

and sadly, will be jessica's final day of queendom!!!! When you are finished recieving Jessica, please let us know how many you got, and if that was enough to finish your ghan!!

Besdies that bad news,all here has been quiet for the most part, weather is finally more springlike, and enjoying being outside doing things more now.

Working on some more baby afs on and off, but nothing much else on the table at the moment!

I made an entire baby ghan from baby yarn,wow,that is a lot of work, lol. Turned out so delicate and pretty though, it will be a donation for either the hospital, or Proj. Linus next month with some other babyish things,hats,and booties and etc.

That is my intention anyway.

Well, all for now, hope you all enjoyed your weekend,and have a great back to work week ahead!!!!!!!!

Got the house clean, just in time. I skipped the girls' room and my room. Big mistake! Hubs wanted to grill and the patio is through our room. So, his friend followed him out there so they could grill together (that's what they are doing at this moment). Well guess what? I had some *ahem* unmentionables laying about :eek . Oh, and he didn't remember that I'm pregnant and my huge belly didn't clue him in. I'm just fat.      :(  I need chocolate   :(

Oh. My. Dog! Seriously?? Ugh! >_< Chocolate indeed! :cchip  Just think about your student that liked having you translate; don't think about silly people with bad memories and no common sense.

Yeah, I wasn't on much this weeikend either, apologies for that, we lost our kitty on thursday, the siamese,(my icon is him.) so, took a couple days to try to recover.. Daughter is already sending me pics of cats and kittens that her friends have up for new homes, but it is much to soon for me, so will put that aside for now.

So, RIP Precious, we miss you.

Oh, that's so sad. Poor kitty and poor Katie-household. :(  :hug

I hopefully will have a Queen square finished up that I can send out this afternoon. Crossing fingers I get it done in time to go to the post office!

Also on that note, I did a practice square that ended up being the wrong size. Could anybody use it? It's eight inches across and fire engine red.

post-62070-0-60296800-1396280184_thumb.jpg

And one completely unrelated questions: does anybody have, or know anyone who has, a kid's tea set that they're looking to unload? I've decided to start looking for one for the little guy - games of ninja frequently get interrupted so we can serve tea to the ninjas and good snakes.  :manyheart Thought he might like to have a set to play with, to add to our fake food collection!

Ok, going to go finish that square now. Day off today, supposed to be for travelling for a new niece's christening but two out of three of us got sick, so we had to pass (croup would not be a good christening gift! right up there with a sleep curse or something). Now they're better but I'm sick, so I figured I'd just stay home today anyway! I already had the day off, after all....

VikingRunnerGirl love the red block. Would love to have it if nobody claimed it yet. Thanks

Hope all is well with everyone.

Katie, sorry for your loss of Precious. :hug   They just leave us with a big empty space in our life when it's time for them to go.  Don't know why people always seem to be forcing another one on you while you are still working through your grief but that seems to be typical.  My experience is something will show up when its meant to be.

I think spring might really be here because my eyes are really bothering me------tree pollen. 

The red square was pretty, sorry it wasn't the size you were thinking it should be, but if you can duplicate your work you now have a nice 8 inch square pattern to use when you need one. 

Ann, glad you checked in.

Linda, hope you made it through the day with mil not making you crazy.

tonight is the night to reveal our new queen, are you all ready for that fun thing.... I will announce it later on this evening, so stay tuned, and low and behold, one more half day of reign for you jess, hope you had fun and got lots!!!!!!

DD#2 does not have children and she is about an hour from DD#1. The debate was more with DD#2's husband than with her, he feels that DD#1 and the kids should come to my house with the rest of our family and leave her husband at home since he has to work a good part of the day. I think alot of the problem is that its a change from what we've been doing for several years. Son-in-law#2 thinks its ok for changes to take place in his life but I'm not suppose to change anything, I really do love him but he going to have to accept some changes. Thanks for the support.

It sounds like you really worked it out best so all could be involved.  Son in law 2 needs to  be accepting of change because that's just life........you know that saying about all good things........... It gets to the point in life that its time for the next generation to take over.  

Hi everyone!

Katie, I'm sorry for the loss of your kitty.  :hug

Vikingrunnergirl, hope you feel better soon.

It was back to the real world for me today and then did some grocery shopping. Now I'm in my sewing room having fun.

Looking forward to finding out who our new queen is.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

It's all yours, Owl! I still have your address from my last mailing so if I get a chance to pack everything up tonight, it'll go out tomorrow; if not, then Wednesday. I didn't finish my Queen square in time for the post office today after all. Some unexpected color changes proposed themselves and were accepted, annnnnd we also went to the library and the playground for a while. But I should be able to get it all stitched tonight, and if I can get the ends woven in then like I said, everything will go out tomorrow. Just in time for the next Queen!

UGH. Why does my husband always start up the game we've been playing together when I'm trying to get something done in limited time?? Seriously! All right, going to try to finish up this square....

Katy, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope you are doing okay. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks VikingRunnerGirl will look forward to having it.

I'm in Pa at sisters house. My DIL is in the hospital.they are keeping her a few days to run test. Her large intestine has some pockets that are infected. So I picked up her children I guess you would say step grandchildren .

Got to see my other grandson tonight after over a year trying to do so. She makes me so mad. Didn't let her know that at all. I'm really tired of biting my tongue to see my grandchildren.

My sisters are fighting so lots of drama and then sister that lives in AR is in the hospital. Just found that out tonight. Tried calling but no answer. So I watched 8 children tonight. Fed them all supper and off to bed they all went. So no vacation here I can promise you that.

Uh oh, I aslmost forgot, so when i woke up a bit ago, I got on here to let you all know who our new queen will be!!!

Are you ready, well, congratz then go out to our new queen Yarn Monkey!!!!!!! Everyone check out her preferences, and may the pledging begin!!! i pledge her at least 2, maybe more!!!! I would like to thank Jessica too, for her service as March Queen, and await her reply!

Yarn Monkey, I do hope you have a prosperous reign, and wish you many squares!!!!

thanks all for being patient!!!!!!!!!                Happy April Fools day, and they are talking about snow flurries here on friday!   What??????????        Winter just won't give it up!!!!!

Just got back from the hospital. She's in pain but doing okay. Son just picked up boys to head up to the hospital while I'm making supper. My other sister back hurts. I think they all fell apart sense I've been here I need to go home.

Hi everyone! not much going on here, just the usual work day.

I'm in Pa at sisters house. My DIL is in the hospital.they are keeping her a few days to run test. Her large intestine has some pockets that are infected. So I picked up her children I guess you would say step grandchildren .

Got to see my other grandson tonight after over a year trying to do so. She makes me so mad. Didn't let her know that at all. I'm really tired of biting my tongue to see my grandchildren.

My sisters are fighting so lots of drama and then sister that lives in AR is in the hospital. Just found that out tonight. Tried calling but no answer. So I watched 8 children tonight. Fed them all supper and off to bed they all went. So no vacation here I can promise you that.

Oh my! You've really got your hands full. I hope everyone has a speedy recovery and you get some rest. :hug

Uh oh, I aslmost forgot, so when i woke up a bit ago, I got on here to let you all know who our new queen will be!!!

Are you ready, well, congratz then go out to our new queen Yarn Monkey!!!!!!! Everyone check out her preferences, and may the pledging begin!!! i pledge her at least 2, maybe more!!!! I would like to thank Jessica too, for her service as March Queen, and await her reply!

Yarn Monkey, I do hope you have a prosperous reign, and wish you many squares!!!!

thanks all for being patient!!!!!!!!!                Happy April Fools day, and they are talking about snow flurries here on friday!   What??????????        Winter just won't give it up!!!!!

Congratulations Yarn Monkey! I'll pledge 2 squares but hopefully I'll get more made.

hello my squares!

boy. a chilly day here, didn't accomplish much, hope to get something done tomorrow.. poor sandra, good luck in your situation

Have we heard from our new Queen, or for that matter, has March's queen checked in with us on her passing of the crown?? Hope to hear from both of you soon!

Hello to everyone else, just keep on keeping on , right!!

Hey there! Checking in...I realized that it was a new month, so I had to find out who the new queen is!  Congrats yarn_monkey!

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your poor Precious. :hug

owlvamp, there just aren't words to say.  You have your hands Full!  Get home and rest woman, :lol  :hug.

dragnlady5, Kristy, I had to let you know that I finally got around to giving away the 2 Frog Bags that I tested for you ages ago.  I put them aside, and well, you know how that can go, lol.  But this past Sunday my oldest son and his family came out to visit and I thought of them for the 2 girls.  They are 2 and 4........well let me tell you, they just fell in love with them!!!  Thanks for making this grammy a big hit! :D  I wish that I would have thought to get a pic of them holding the frogs.  The littlest one stuffed her sock monkey in it! :lol

Ok, time to get my hooks moving. Not sure what they'll be making, but they're gonna be moving, lol. Nighty nite! 

Archived