Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

a ha,

raining raining here, lots, constant but need it for the plants and trees, and grass, so not complaining...Temps down too from 86 the other day to about 49 or so today. Could be way worse, we don't get many tornado warnings here, but they do all around us, so glad that isn't happening anywhere close by..

I have to go out in this in a while, whenever there is a lull in the rain, i need a couple things if I am going to make what I want for supper, soooo, lol  making what mom always called slumgullian, which is sort of goulash, if you don't know the word slumgulliian ... Must be german, or english, not sure which! Mom was half of both!

Its tomato paste, diced tomatoes, hamburger or you can even use ground turkey, noodles, seasonings,onion, and cheese, if you like... I throw all kinds of things in, green peppers too. I make a big pot,and it lastsl for a few lunches at least, after the intitial meal. and i think I will have biscuits with it,and some cottage cheese or something too.....

Slumgullian does sound a lot like goulash! Mmm...Now I want goulash. A Google search lead me to some interesting facts. It appears to be Irish in origin and it has a huge following! No two family recipes appear to be the same but that seems to be in keeping with the etymology of the name itself.

I hear you about the tornado warnings. We don't get many here either but I'm wondering if this spring will be different. I'm wondering if a crazy winter means a crazy spring!

Ok Katie. I posted the outfits in other crafts. But I'll post them again here just for you  :)  I have to post them from photobucket because when I posted them directly from my computer they turned sideways  :think

Here is the Disney princess scrub top I made for my DD who will be finishing nursing school soon. The picture is not the best but when I hung it on the hanger the center folded in and didn't look good. I think it may be a bit too big but I'd rather have it too big and be able to take it in than too small and have to start all over again.

Very nice job on those outfits and the scrub top! I wish I could sew that well! I have a sewing machine but I ran into some trouble with the tension and can't seem to get it to work right now. So, I haven't touched it in nearly 2 years. Sigh.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!  Only a mild headache today, hurray!  Someone mentioned coke and was it tylenol?  Yeah, I learned that trick when I had brain surgery and the nurses would give me coke in between my pain meds to help control the migraines.  Have to be careful though because too much caffeine does the opposite and makes them worse.

Nice outfits cshort!!!  

Kuddles, I'm so sorry to read about your sewing machine.  I hope it can be fixed.

Well hubby keeps talking so I can't concentrate here.  I'll try again later (I hope, lol) take care ! (((hugs)))

Ok Katie. I posted the outfits in other crafts. But I'll post them again here just for you  :)  I have to post them from photobucket because when I posted them directly from my computer they turned sideways  :think

NicolesEasteroutfit_zpsf33290ea.jpg

AllansEasterOutfit_zps0d4843e4.jpg

Here is the Disney princess scrub top I made for my DD who will be finishing nursing school soon. The picture is not the best but when I hung it on the hanger the center folded in and didn't look good. I think it may be a bit too big but I'd rather have it too big and be able to take it in than too small and have to start all over again.

Princessscrub_zpsef6da4a2.jpg

Love what you've done!!  :manyheart  I need to learn to sew! I brought my mom's sewing machine home when we moved everything out of her house. It's the old type that you flip up out of the table and I think it's the dark metal/iron/whatever. I have NO IDEA how to use it!!  :think My grandmother has a similar one so hopefully I can talk my uncle into bringing her down one weekend to teach me. I pay in food, so who can argue with that? She's only been to Olive Garden once (last fall) and she loves it so maybe I'll take her there for teaching me. 

Hi all!  Only a mild headache today, hurray!  Someone mentioned coke and was it tylenol?  Yeah, I learned that trick when I had brain surgery and the nurses would give me coke in between my pain meds to help control the migraines.  Have to be careful though because too much caffeine does the opposite and makes them worse.

Nice outfits cshort!!!  

Kuddles, I'm so sorry to read about your sewing machine.  I hope it can be fixed.

Well hubby keeps talking so I can't concentrate here.  I'll try again later (I hope, lol) take care ! (((hugs)))

Oh too much caffeine is a terrible thing! It's a fine line to walk, but when you manage it, it can be beautiful!  :lol Glad you didn't have much of a headache today. And darn hubbys always  :blah  :blah   :rofl

DH and I are headed to Busch Gardens Williamsburg tomorrow with basically SIL (she's DH's best friend since birth's sister... so SIL since we call the best friend brother) and her son. First time we've been in probably 2 years and we've been paying for passes this whole time! Even if we just got and walk around and get a funnel cake (yum!!), I think it's worth it for the money we pay every month. Definitely can't wait!  :yay

Love what you've done!!  :manyheart  I need to learn to sew! I brought my mom's sewing machine home when we moved everything out of her house. It's the old type that you flip up out of the table and I think it's the dark metal/iron/whatever. I have NO IDEA how to use it!!  :think My grandmother has a similar one so hopefully I can talk my uncle into bringing her down one weekend to teach me. I pay in food, so who can argue with that? She's only been to Olive Garden once (last fall) and she loves it so maybe I'll take her there for teaching me. 

Oh too much caffeine is a terrible thing! It's a fine line to walk, but when you manage it, it can be beautiful!  :lol Glad you didn't have much of a headache today. And darn hubbys always  :blah  :blah   :rofl

DH and I are headed to Busch Gardens Williamsburg tomorrow with basically SIL (she's DH's best friend since birth's sister... so SIL since we call the best friend brother) and her son. First time we've been in probably 2 years and we've been paying for passes this whole time! Even if we just got and walk around and get a funnel cake (yum!!), I think it's worth it for the money we pay every month. Definitely can't wait!  :yay

I so love funnel cake, eat a piece for me por fa vour!!!!!!

My sewing machine always gives me problems with the tension, the bobbin it seems, leaves great big loops on the wrong side, I know that is not right!! Anybody??? ha ha

also, ann, good to know, about the migraines, I don't get um often, but i do drink coke,,,,,,lol

those outfits, are to die for, y ou are a master seamstress ms. carol! I love the white smocked top and skirt, and well, all of it, sooo cute, and professional too!!

Silly question yarn monkey, but is busch gardens where they keep those large white horses???? what exactly is there anyways??

wow i googled slumgullian, and it really is a word, and a food, I thought maybe I remembered it wrong, but nope, it's spelled that way, and it means sort of a stew, lots of recipies out there too, like i said, you can have it any way you like it, lol

on another food note, until i was an adult, and married, I never knew french toast any other way, but with sugar and cinamon on it, i was shocked when i saw someone put SYRUP and butter on it, lol....daughter and I both to this day, eat it the way my gramma, my mom, and me always made it!!  with sugar, and cinamon!!!!!!!!!

Ok,who'd I miss,alls is quiet tonight I guess, so I will say good night for now and have yourself a merry little monday tomorrow!! One more question, didn't we used to have a spell check on here somewhere???? can't find it.......anyone???

katyallen--I cook my french toast with cinnamon and eat it buttered with syrup. We used to also sprinkle powdered sugar on it as kids but thats just too much sweetness for me now. And hooray for me that gluten-free bread is good for french toast! (and regular toast, though its lousy for sandwiches).

Nice outfits cshort!!!  

Going gluten free stopped most of my migraines. The only ones I still get seem to be related to my menstrual cycle. Going gluten free was the best thing I've ever done for myself! It also stopped my vertigo, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and debilitating joint pain. I also lost 10 lbs. I should also have better bone density later in life because wheat is full of anti-nutrients that block the absorption of nutrients including calcium. Some doctors are starting to recommend that women over the age of 40 stop eating wheat for this reason. Wheat really is bad, what with its gluten (an inflammatory), toxins, and anti-nutrients. As for gluten, it is found in wheat, barley (including malt), and rye (oats are considered unsafe too due to the fact that they are often contaminated by wheat). If you decide to give gluten free a try, go completely cold turkey for 30 days, then reintroduce it in a small amount to see how you feel. If you feel no ill affects from the reintroduction, then go ahead and continue to consume it. If you do experience bad symptoms (hubs gets migraines from gluten, I get all the above-mentioned symptoms), then keep it out of your diet and you won't regret it!

I so love funnel cake, eat a piece for me por fa vour!!!!!!

My sewing machine always gives me problems with the tension, the bobbin it seems, leaves great big loops on the wrong side, I know that is not right!! Anybody??? ha ha

also, ann, good to know, about the migraines, I don't get um often, but i do drink coke,,,,,,lol

those outfits, are to die for, y ou are a master seamstress ms. carol! I love the white smocked top and skirt, and well, all of it, sooo cute, and professional too!!

Silly question yarn monkey, but is busch gardens where they keep those large white horses???? what exactly is there anyways??

wow i googled slumgullian, and it really is a word, and a food, I thought maybe I remembered it wrong, but nope, it's spelled that way, and it means sort of a stew, lots of recipies out there too, like i said, you can have it any way you like it, lol

on another food note, until i was an adult, and married, I never knew french toast any other way, but with sugar and cinamon on it, i was shocked when i saw someone put SYRUP and butter on it, lol....daughter and I both to this day, eat it the way my gramma, my mom, and me always made it!!  with sugar, and cinamon!!!!!!!!!

Ok,who'd I miss,alls is quiet tonight I guess, so I will say good night for now and have yourself a merry little monday tomorrow!! One more question, didn't we used to have a spell check on here somewhere???? can't find it.......anyone???

I put cinnamon in my batter for the french toast and then butter the daylights out of it and pour syrup allllll over it! Seriously, I may be related to Paul Deen when it comes to butter!  :lol

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is where they keep the Clydesdales! Those things are huge!!! Horses kind of scare me a little bit because I didn't grow up with them or anything and really they're just SO BIG!! But they are beautiful! They also have roller coasters and rides and food and the whole park is set up into different "countries". They have Italy and Germany and several other European countries. Each area has food of that country and the rides are somehow named after things in the country. They also do shows and huge fireworks shows during the summer. There's another Busch Gardens in Tampa FL and that one is safari themed. That one is weird because it's basically in the middle of the city and once you go through the gates, you'd have no idea! I don't ride many of the roller coasters because I tend to get a little lightheaded on the big drops and it really just freaks me out, but some of the more tame ones I like. And the games are always fun... Last time we went, DH won me a huge stuffed dog... And I mean HUGE. My poor sister had to ride in the back seat with it for an hour to get home. 

These aren't the best pictures because it was so dark and an older cell phone, but they're funny anyway... 

In the parking lot before we headed home... 

post-11765-0-03944900-1397443705_thumb.jpg

Poor sister could hardly breathe and may possibly be a little claustrophobic... 

post-11765-0-38252400-1397443750_thumb.jpg

And once we finally got Marmaduke into the house (with the other dog DH won me the same day... fortunately that one fit in the trunk)

post-11765-0-34074200-1397443827_thumb.jpg

DH is under strict rules not to even attempt winning massive animals EVER AGAIN.  :lol

I've been in hiding this week. Hubby had neck surgery on Tuesday and since then, my time has been eaten up with driving the hour each way to the hospital and now to the rehab facility. He's doing well, just not good enough to be on his own yet. Today I took the girls up to see him, which was good. :) I did have lots of time for crocheting and should be able to get a few packages out by the weekend.

Hi all!

Been extremely busy here .

Tomorrow daughter starts back to work and I start babysitting.

She was over for supper and was crying. I know how hard it is. It will be a rough week.

Kuddles

I've never embroidered with a machine,sounds interesting

the sun is shining here too,it will be in the 80's,and achooooooooooo the pollen is thick,cars coated in yellow

she is still being Houdini with the diapers at nite,sigh

I love it! Sorry about your magician!

Hello everyone!

Kuddles, sorry to hear your machine is not working. I don't have an embroidery machine but I am lost when my sewing machine is not working.

We had rain during the night and I was in and out of showers this morning going and coming from church. But the temps a little cooler today.

I'm feeling a little lazy today so I don't know if I want to sew or just chill on the sofa with some yarn and a hook or maybe I should take pics of the Easter outfits and post them. I have to be back at church at 7 tonight for a youth leaders meeting so I better not get too comfortable.

I have a 4 day work week this week and then I will be heading to DD's house to spend the holiday weekend with my grandkids.

Have a great day everyone.

You too!

We had storms! Nothing bodacious, but we did have them. Thankfully, the girls slept through it all (which is unusual for C).

I'm not looking forward to the pollen! Its been mild here in IL. The pollen was bad in NY and VA. Its the pine that gets me. I'll need an inhaler next spring. Yay. We'll see how C does since she's never been exposed to pollen like that.

Cooler here too, by about 20 degrees. So sad. Y has a 4-day school week this week and next (she has Fri and Mon off). I'll have her all day on my birthday! (Apr 21st)

Not a lot going on this week. My Mon/Wed night client cancelled for Mon night but a last-minute job I did last Mon afternoon looks like it is going to be regular (weekly) until I give birth. Yay! Apparently, they liked me enough that they are going to switch which agency they use to mine. Sweet! I still have a lot to get done around the house before the baby comes, but I've written out a schedule so that I don't go overboard on any given day. No need to rush I've (probably) got plenty of time. I need to take it easy.

Yup cooler heading in now!

so sorry about the mil linda, and the machine kuddles, and i gotta hand it to you cindy, if I were moving soon, I would be overwhelmed with all I had to do, lol, im so glad you are not, and are taking it easy in your last days of pregnancy!!

All for now, everyone stay dry, stay safe, and have a great day!

You too!

NicolesEasteroutfit_zpsf33290ea.jpg

AllansEasterOutfit_zps0d4843e4.jpg

Princessscrub_zpsef6da4a2.jpg

Wow! You put my sewing to shame! GREAT outfits!

Nice outfits cshort!!!  

Hope you are feeling better Ann! Thanks, I hope the machine was just being a pill and will right itself!

I've been in hiding this week. Hubby had neck surgery on Tuesday and since then, my time has been eaten up with driving the hour each way to the hospital and now to the rehab facility. He's doing well, just not good enough to be on his own yet. Today I took the girls up to see him, which was good. :) I did have lots of time for crocheting and should be able to get a few packages out by the weekend.

Hugs!

Hi all!

Been extremely busy here .

Tomorrow daughter starts back to work and I start babysitting.

She was over for supper and was crying. I know how hard it is. It will be a rough week.

Hugs!

Well we never got the storms yesterday, just rain. Plus the falling temps. Sat was 80, today won't reach 40 AND we are getting an inch of snow later! WHAT! This is crazy!

Back to our work week...sigh....

Have a great day all!

kuddles

what a late April fools day for some of us, waking up to snow on the ground!!!!!! Mother Nature has gone batty, for sure!!!

Kuddles, you always get what we have, but a bit later, lol supposed to get sunny out today though, so probably will all melt soon!

Hi Holly , good to hear from you, busy busy busy, lol

yarn monkey, hello, cshort, sandra, wow, will be a tough week, but could be worse, at least she will know the baby is in good hands, that's got to relieve some stress!!

Everyone else, hope your day goes well, hope ann is feeling better, and cindy and viking hi to you too.....

Well, everytime I try to catch up, I forget half of it, lol so needless to say, hope I got it all covered, if not, lets blame it on my memory, ha ha......Have a great day all!!

Snow here too but it didn't stick. The ground is still too warm, I guess. Mother Nature sure is punking us right now! I can't believe we've had nearly 6 mos of snow. Our first snow was Oct 22.

My Mon/Wed night client decided to cancel Wed too. So sad. That's $90 I'm not going to get and we need every dollar we can get. At this rate, I don't see how we are going to pay for this move, let alone the baby stuff we need.

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for the compliments on the outfits.

You all have been chatty. I don't know if I'll remember everything I read.

Katie, do you have the right bobbin in your machine. My bobbin thread kept looping and then the machine stopped working. When I took it in for repair a gear had to be replaced and the guy said to make sure to use only Singer bobbins in my Singer machine, a costly lesson.

Ann, I hope you're feeling better.

I couldn't believe it when they said there was new snow in some areas this morning. I hope it clears soon and your temps warm up.

Holly, I hope your husband recovers quickly.

Typical Monday for me, work and then home to do some chores and a little stitching.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Well the darn mutiquote won't work for me today so here goes.

katie sounds like the Skin Shield would be handy for those annoying splits I get in my fingers that snag yarn.  On the French toast my mom used to make us what we called cinnamon toast by buttering bread and covering it with cinnamon and sugar then putting it in the broiler for a bit.  We ate it that way.  For French toast we soaked bread in an egg, vanilla, milk batter then cooked it on top the stove in a skillet with butter in it.  We added syrup to it when we ate it. 

kuddles, sorry about your embroidery machine, hopefully it is not as bad as you thought.  I used to want one but of course the one I wanted was very expensive.  I decided I probably wouldn't live long enough to get my money's worth out of it. 

pineknott, hopefully mil won't learn any new tricks and you can figure out how to foil the current ones

yarn-monkey, that is one large toy dog

c-short cute outfits

cindy-sorry your clients cancelled

howieann-wishing your husband a speedy recovery

After a sunny almost hot Sat, warm and rainy Sun, we had snow this morning.  Winter just doesn't want to move on. 

Morning!

Cindy - some of our snow stuck to the grass! So weird seeing it snow last nite! Many crashes out on the expressways this morning, glad I only drive 12 minutes to work! Sorry to hear about the cancellations, that hurts!

Brenda - the embroidery machines now cost as much as a small car! I bought mine 15 years or so ago but now, I could never afford one! I haven't turned mine back on yet to see if it is working. Didn't want to be disappointed yet!

Everyone else - hope all is feeling better and staying warm! This winter has sure beat us down! Time for it to stop, please Mother Nature?

Another typical work day today. Lots of data entry. So exciting! LOL

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning!

I slept for a solid 5 hours last night  :yay . I haven't been sleeping very well so it was great and I feel good this morning. 

Now to work, some errands after work and then I think I will go home and crochet. I've had my eye on a Brother PE770 embroidery machine for a while the price is around $600. I could use the tax refund or a bonus I have coming, I just have a hard time justifying it when there are other things that need to be done around the house.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning!

Cindy - some of our snow stuck to the grass! So weird seeing it snow last nite! Many crashes out on the expressways this morning, glad I only drive 12 minutes to work! Sorry to hear about the cancellations, that hurts!

Brenda - the embroidery machines now cost as much as a small car! I bought mine 15 years or so ago but now, I could never afford one! I haven't turned mine back on yet to see if it is working. Didn't want to be disappointed yet!

Everyone else - hope all is feeling better and staying warm! This winter has sure beat us down! Time for it to stop, please Mother Nature?

Another typical work day today. Lots of data entry. So exciting! LOL

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning!

I slept for a solid 5 hours last night  :yay . I haven't been sleeping very well so it was great and I feel good this morning. 

Now to work, some errands after work and then I think I will go home and crochet. I've had my eye on a Brother PE770 embroidery machine for a while the price is around $600. I could use the tax refund or a bonus I have coming, I just have a hard time justifying it when there are other things that need to be done around the house.

Hope everyone has a great day.

A few years ago when I was coveting an embroidery machine I wanted a Jenome forgot the number but it was top of the line and was $10000 or more, plus the software, plus the special thread, plus the stabilizers, plus, plus, plus, plus .  I mean if you are going to want, want the best.  I told myself I would try to save for it but you know how that goes-----you always wind up needing the money for something else.  Thinking about it now I am not sure I would live long enough to get my money's worth out of it.  My stepmom bought one and she hardly uses it.  The consensus is I may inherit it someday.  I guess I could borrow it while she is in FL for 5 months of the year but I would feel really bad if it broke while I was using it. 

I also used to want to learn to quilt but never really got into that either. 

Hi I'm new to this site but this group seems like so much fun! I want in on the fun too! Please!!!

Nik

Hi, Nik! Welcome to our little group! Have you messaged katyallen with your preferences? She's the one who made the first post. Just let her know what kind and colors of yarn you want and what size squares you want. Or, if you just want to send squares out and not receive them, let her know that too.

Hi all, got a pm out to nik, for her preferences,and addy, so welcome, and I will get you Nik on the list as soon as I receive that info!! weclome to our little square home here!!!

Kuddles, I have ordered a roll of this product, to sort of fuse onto the backs of embroidery things, here is that link, have you used it before, has anyone???

http://www.allstitch.net/department/coverastitch-fusible-embroidery-stitch-covering-dream-weave-10326.cfm?killnav=1

Next on the agenda, how is our queen this month, are you still counting lots of squares coming in??

oh, and here's some home work for all of you!! I was wondering just how many ghans got completed, from this group, this thread. I am going to post mine on here in May/

Hope to see lots of pics of finsihed ghans!!

or works still in progress,    

and or works that have been completed, and re-homed to someone or someone's fav.charity...

, and I think we will have a special trade off for that month, 

it will be a chose your own queen,and send to her for may? I know we only have a few more names to make queen, but will be taking a break in May, for our special mail out to the queen of our choice!! What does everyone think of that, can be one or two, or more, anything, to anyone you like!!!!!

Sooooooo, two things,,,,,, make sure your preferences again,are current, and make sure the addy i have is current.....go hunting for those pics of your ghan, or take a pic and post it in May!!

I know i would love to see some of the ghans you completed, either by this thread, or even by means of another thread, or forum, , or something you completed on your own, and show them  all during the month of May!!!! Some of the colorways of your "preferences list" sound amazing, and I and all of us would love to see how some of these turned out!!!!!!

So, Yarn Monkey, the crown will go into the shop for maintenance, and repair,after your reign, till JUNE,how cool is that!! Then in June, it's back to biz with our Queen of the Month!! Does that sound do-able squares??? We all kinda do that anyway, sometimes, lol. only dif is, no passing of the crown, no randomly selected queen, it's OUR PICK< all our decisions!!! I think it might be fun to see what or whom, we all come up with!!!!!!!! and a good goal to work towards in hopes of finishing some of these projects!

Well, so that being said it's bck to the chalk board, lol. lemme know if any of you don't care for the idea, or love it, thanks!

New Blood!!!!!!!!! NikGetsFit has been added to the first post!!!!!!! She would love to give and receive, her preferences are rainbow/bright colors, in 4 and 8 inch squares!!!!!! Lovely!!!!!! Everyone welcome her to our group!!!!!!!

Welcome Nichole!!!!!!!!!

oh, and here's some home work for all of you!! I was wondering just how many ghans got completed, from this group, this thread. I am going to post mine on here in May/

Hope to see lots of pics of finsihed ghans!!

or works still in progress,    

and or works that have been completed, and re-homed to someone or someone's fav.charity...

, and I think we will have a special trade off for that month, 

it will be a chose your own queen,and send to her for may? I know we only have a few more names to make queen, but will be taking a break in May, for our special mail out to the queen of our choice!! What does everyone think of that, can be one or two, or more, anything, to anyone you like!!!!!

Sooooooo, two things,,,,,, make sure your preferences again,are current, and make sure the addy i have is current.....go hunting for those pics of your ghan, or take a pic and post it in May!!

I know i would love to see some of the ghans you completed, either by this thread, or even by means of another thread, or forum, , or something you completed on your own, and show them  all during the month of May!!!! Some of the colorways of your "preferences list" sound amazing, and I and all of us would love to see how some of these turned out!!!!!!

So, Yarn Monkey, the crown will go into the shop for maintenance, and repair,after your reign, till JUNE,how cool is that!! Then in June, it's back to biz with our Queen of the Month!! Does that sound do-able squares??? We all kinda do that anyway, sometimes, lol. only dif is, no passing of the crown, no randomly selected queen, it's OUR PICK< all our decisions!!! I think it might be fun to see what or whom, we all come up with!!!!!!!! and a good goal to work towards in hopes of finishing some of these projects!

Well, so that being said it's bck to the chalk board, lol. lemme know if any of you don't care for the idea, or love it, thanks!

It sounds good to me. Looking forward to May's photo blitz.  There have been several ghans completed by people who have left us.  Sometimes I wish we had made a special place where all the photos of them were kept so you could see them without going back through each page of the thread.

If people don't have completed ghans maybe they could post a layout with the squares they have and also let us know how many more squares they need to complete it.  If they are close we might get a few more completed.

It sounds good to me. Looking forward to May's photo blitz.  There have been several ghans completed by people who have left us.  Sometimes I wish we had made a special place where all the photos of them were kept so you could see them without going back through each page of the thread.

If people don't have completed ghans maybe they could post a layout with the squares they have and also let us know how many more squares they need to complete it.  If they are close we might get a few more completed.

Pics of incomplete ghans would also help us decide who to send to. Some may decide to send to someone with very few squares or some may want to send to someone who is nearly finished.

As for pics of finished ghans, maybe we can start a special show-and-tell thread. What do you think?

Pics of incomplete ghans would also help us decide who to send to. Some may decide to send to someone with very few squares or some may want to send to someone who is nearly finished.

As for pics of finished ghans, maybe we can start a special show-and-tell thread. What do you think?

I would also like to see pics of incomplete ghans because it inspires me as to what squares I might want to send and what colors.

Well Cindy I wish we had thought to start that thread a long time ago........sounds like a good idea to me.  Maybe by starting a thread in show and tell some that have completed ghans but don't visit this thread anymore will notice and put up a pic there. 

I still need twelve inch squares in browns. I haven't finished mine yet but then again I need to get it unpacked. Love the idea of showing off our ghans.

Archived