Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

More busyness today. We have company coming over this evening and I need to clean up. I've been too tired after work this week to keep the house clean and now there is a mountain of a mess (literally) for me to clean up. Sigh.

Do any of you have any ideas what kind of keepsakes I can make out of crib sheets? I want to make each of my girls a keepsake from one of their crib sheets (Y's is Care Bears and C's is Strawberry Shortcake). It would need to be something on the easier side since I'm minimally skilled with a sewing machine. Heck, I'd even consider hand-sewing it.

Hooray for an electric pump! How are mommy and baby doing?

Oh, how I love those kinds of family debates. Not really. Just know that you can't please everyone. This one is all on dd2 and her family, not on you or dd1.

Mom and baby are both doing well! Baby is eating at least an ounce and a half at a time and usually more often than every hour. He's trying to avoid being called Peanut when he's older, I think. He could be 6'5" and 300lbs and I think he'd still be my Peanut. He's really starting to smile a lot, even though I'm not sure he realizes what or why he's doing it, and it's really just the cutest thing. Melts my heart every time!!  :manyheart

hello all...

Yeah, I wasn't on much this weeikend either, apologies for that, we lost our kitty on thursday, the siamese,(my icon is him.) so, took a couple days to try to recover.. Daughter is already sending me pics of cats and kittens that her friends have up for new homes, but it is much to soon for me, so will put that aside for now.

So, RIP Precious, we miss you.

Today, or tonight is actually the evening we will know the identity of our new queenie!!!

and sadly, will be jessica's final day of queendom!!!! When you are finished recieving Jessica, please let us know how many you got, and if that was enough to finish your ghan!!

Besdies that bad news,all here has been quiet for the most part, weather is finally more springlike, and enjoying being outside doing things more now.

Working on some more baby afs on and off, but nothing much else on the table at the moment!

I made an entire baby ghan from baby yarn,wow,that is a lot of work, lol. Turned out so delicate and pretty though, it will be a donation for either the hospital, or Proj. Linus next month with some other babyish things,hats,and booties and etc.

That is my intention anyway.

Well, all for now, hope you all enjoyed your weekend,and have a great back to work week ahead!!!!!!!!

Katy, I'm so sorry about Precious!!! They really are members of the family and they leave such a hole. A new pet will come at the right time and it will be just the pet you need!  :hug

I'm in Pa at sisters house. My DIL is in the hospital.they are keeping her a few days to run test. Her large intestine has some pockets that are infected. So I picked up her children I guess you would say step grandchildren .

Got to see my other grandson tonight after over a year trying to do so. She makes me so mad. Didn't let her know that at all. I'm really tired of biting my tongue to see my grandchildren.

My sisters are fighting so lots of drama and then sister that lives in AR is in the hospital. Just found that out tonight. Tried calling but no answer. So I watched 8 children tonight. Fed them all supper and off to bed they all went. So no vacation here I can promise you that.

owlvamp, I hope everything is okay with your sister and DIL! Please keep us updated!  :yes

Uh oh, I aslmost forgot, so when i woke up a bit ago, I got on here to let you all know who our new queen will be!!!

Are you ready, well, congratz then go out to our new queen Yarn Monkey!!!!!!! Everyone check out her preferences, and may the pledging begin!!! i pledge her at least 2, maybe more!!!! I would like to thank Jessica too, for her service as March Queen, and await her reply!

Yarn Monkey, I do hope you have a prosperous reign, and wish you many squares!!!!

thanks all for being patient!!!!!!!!!                Happy April Fools day, and they are talking about snow flurries here on friday!   What??????????        Winter just won't give it up!!!!!

Yay!!  :yay  I'm so excited!! I can't wait to add some beautiful squares to my ghan!  :manyheart Did I say I'm so excited????  :D

I'll be around more now, too. Today was moving day at my mom's house and we've got everything out minus a couple things that need to be thrown out. We close on Thursday and the buyer has her final walkthrough tomorrow afternoon so we have to make sure everything is in tip top shape before then. The movers came today and got all the furniture and then the maids came after and cleaned up. I wouldn't usually hire a maid service, but this has just been so much that I couldn't even handle the thought of making sure the place was clean enough for someone else's standards. Plus, we managed to get other things done during that time, so I thought it was a pretty good use of the money. The only problem now is that my house is a disaster.  :( We have our front "living room" that we never use, no furniture in it or anything, because we always use our family room and now the front room has become a staging area for all the stuff we brought home from my mom's. Now there's a narrow little walkway to the back of the room from the hall and every other inch of space is stacked high and deep with stuff.  :(  :(  At least I can take however much time I want to get this part handled anyway!!!! 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Everyone!

Yarn_monkey, glad to hear the baby is eating and smiling. Sounds like you have been very busy.

Pineknott, you're on my schedule today, I'm up at 4:30 every work day.

Just a work day here and church tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sister is out of the hospital and DIL gets out sometime today. I just got back from babysitting and son brought over grandsons to go bet wife from hospital then will go over to visit a little and go visit other grandson. Then nephews are coming over after 4 to visit. Maybe my other sister too and niece. So a busy day today.

I've only crocheted four wash clothes sense I've been here. I did help sister make some Easter bracelets for the children at her job or for a fair I believe.

Good Morning Everyone!

Yarn_monkey, glad to hear the baby is eating and smiling. Sounds like you have been very busy.

Pineknott, you're on my schedule today, I'm up at 4:30 every work day.

Just a work day here and church tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!

years ago when hubby worked at a warehouse I got up at 4 am every day with him

I'm one if I fall back to sleep,I sleep like the dead and don't hear alarms or anything else

Good morning

pineknott - hugs for the appt

yarnmonkey - wow you've been busy!

everyone else - hope you have a good day!

kuddles

apt. wasn't for me,but for Rene' having some kind of block for back pain,still will take the hug,you can never have too many :lol

hi all....

Cindy,. regarding the crib sheets, I did something similar with my dd's receiving blankees, she had four favorites, that she could NOT go to bed without, ha ha ha....

Needless to say they were well worn, but I cut a piece from each, that was worthy, and used a shadow box frame, stuffed the back of it with padding, I think I used foam padding, so that the pieces would pop out a bit in the frame, and she absolutely loved it, she remembered each and every one too, and no sewing, least not in this case, lol I am not a sew person, I guess....Just pad the back,s, so they pop, and frame them, worked really well, in each of the little "windows" of the frame, is one piece of a very well loved blankee!!

As for Yarn monkey, our new queen, you have been busy lady!! I have gone through similar circumstances, with m y mom's house, when she passed. It was deeded over to me, before she died, so it was all me, with help from a few friends, as relatives were not that help ful either.     

Everyone else, have a great day, i think I need to get out today, so hopefully will get some things I need, and a stop at a yarnie place, is probably just what I need today, lol                 thanks to all for the sympathies for lost kitty, iwill await a sign from him, and only then will I be sure, he has gone to rainbow bridge, and is safe, and happy..........

Talk later gang, outta here!!!

HUGS HUGS HUGS to everyone...I've been getting back into the swing of things since my vacation...I've been working on more plastic canvas stuff than crochet....But will be picking up my hooks again real soon...We did get unlimited internet a couple days ago, so been enjoying netflix again...I've missed the streaming my shows....Hope everyone has a great day...... 

Hi all! Sorry for not checking in before now!!

We left out of Kansas City on Friday evening to go visit family down south & have Rosalie's 1st birthday party! She had a BLAST! She didn't want to use her hands & kept pointing & reaching for a fork.. Lol..

post-46820-0-44626700-1396460751_thumb.jpg

Yesterday was Rosalie's 12 month appointment and I can't believe how tortured she was! My poor baby! 4 shots & a needle in the arm to draw blood to test iron & lead. She wasn't happy just being checked by the doctor with the stethoscope & other stuff, so can you imagine how unhappy she was with all the poking & prodding? We got home & she slept for 3 1/2 hours! On the plus side - She is now 19 lb 4 oz, 29 1/4 inches tall & perfect! She has always been on the small side & not been one to gain weight very well/quick, but her percentages are going up & that's what the doctor said mattered! AND she's healthy! (Neither of my boys - who were formula fed - were as healthy as she has been! They both had had numerous ear infections & other ickies with in their first year - Rosalie has had 0 ear infections & 2 bad colds.  I have NOTHING against formula fed babies as I had to do my first that way but I do see a difference now!)

Unfortunately I came home Sunday sick with an absolutely horrible headcold! I was hurting all over, still have a bunch of nasty in my chest, coughing & stuffy nose. It's horrible! My Robitussin Cough+Chest Congestion Dm helps!

Total # of squares received so far; 28! I believe there are more on the way, according to PM's that I have received! 

Congratuations to the April Queen!! 

I pledge to send you 6 squares!

hi all....

Cindy,. regarding the crib sheets, I did something similar with my dd's receiving blankees, she had four favorites, that she could NOT go to bed without, ha ha ha....

Needless to say they were well worn, but I cut a piece from each, that was worthy, and used a shadow box frame, stuffed the back of it with padding, I think I used foam padding, so that the pieces would pop out a bit in the frame, and she absolutely loved it, she remembered each and every one too, and no sewing, least not in this case, lol I am not a sew person, I guess....Just pad the back,s, so they pop, and frame them, worked really well, in each of the little "windows" of the frame, is one piece of a very well loved blankee!!

As for Yarn monkey, our new queen, you have been busy lady!! I have gone through similar circumstances, with m y mom's house, when she passed. It was deeded over to me, before she died, so it was all me, with help from a few friends, as relatives were not that help ful either.     

Everyone else, have a great day, i think I need to get out today, so hopefully will get some things I need, and a stop at a yarnie place, is probably just what I need today, lol                 thanks to all for the sympathies for lost kitty, iwill await a sign from him, and only then will I be sure, he has gone to rainbow bridge, and is safe, and happy..........

Talk later gang, outta here!!!

Katy, I love your idea for the crib sheets!! I'm going to try to remember that for when my nephew grows up, although I'm not sure boys are quite as sentimental as the girls are! Maybe I'll just remember it for my sister! 

We locked up my mom's house today for the last time and took the keys to the realtor's office. I'm glad to be done with it and move on with things, but I'm sad to see it go. Being done with the house brings a real finality to everything, even though we still have a few things to do with Medicaid to get her final bills covered and some other things. 

We left out of Kansas City on Friday evening to go visit family down south & have Rosalie's 1st birthday party! She had a BLAST! She didn't want to use her hands & kept pointing & reaching for a fork.. Lol..

attachicon.gif1975092_10151760560403239_1936013559_n.jpg

Yesterday was Rosalie's 12 month appointment and I can't believe how tortured she was! My poor baby! 4 shots & a needle in the arm to draw blood to test iron & lead. She wasn't happy just being checked by the doctor with the stethoscope & other stuff, so can you imagine how unhappy she was with all the poking & prodding? We got home & she slept for 3 1/2 hours! On the plus side - She is now 19 lb 4 oz, 29 1/4 inches tall & perfect! She has always been on the small side & not been one to gain weight very well/quick, but her percentages are going up & that's what the doctor said mattered! AND she's healthy! (Neither of my boys - who were formula fed - were as healthy as she has been! They both had had numerous ear infections & other ickies with in their first year - Rosalie has had 0 ear infections & 2 bad colds.  I have NOTHING against formula fed babies as I had to do my first that way but I do see a difference now!)

Unfortunately I came home Sunday sick with an absolutely horrible headcold! I was hurting all over, still have a bunch of nasty in my chest, coughing & stuffy nose. It's horrible! My Robitussin Cough+Chest Congestion Dm helps!

Total # of squares received so far; 28! I believe there are more on the way, according to PM's that I have received! 

Rosalie is ADORABLE!!  :manyheart  I can hardly stand it. I love that she wanted to use the fork and not her fingers. What a little lady!  :)  I hope you feel better very soon! It's a miserable thing! And you definitely have 2 squares coming from me. Hopefully I'll get to the post office tomorrow or Friday!  :yes I can't wait to add yours to my 'ghan! 

hi all,

just cruisin' the forum here, good for you, glad the house is off your back, it is a closure type thing, was for me as well....

That baby is adorable!! Such a pretty in pink little lady, she is going to grow up to be a lovely lil lady! Such manners for one so small too, lol. My dd, didn't eat with her fingers either, lol she went from bottle almost to silverware!

Ohhhh Cindy, got your squares today, thank you so much, i needed a lift today, and by golly, you provided it!!!! thank you so much, they will go to good use!!!!!!

more hugs to you and your pineknott!

all for now, over and out, taking the rest of the evening to I don't know, relax a bit maybe!! Have a good day tomorrow people!     ciao, for now!

Things are looking up! Finally! A couple of blogger friends of mine have opened a company connecting brands with bloggers & I was asked to be co-CEO and General Manager! I am stoked!! 

Things are looking up! Finally! A couple of blogger friends of mine have opened a company connecting brands with bloggers & I was asked to be co-CEO and General Manager! I am stoked!! 

Yay!! Congrats!!!! That sounds super exciting!!!!  :yay  :yay  :yay  :hug  :hug  :hug  :cheer  :cheer  :cheer

Good morning squares!

Baby is super adorable!

Everyone sounds busy....as usual!

Today we have rain, this afternoon rain, this evening rain, overnite rain.....well I think you see how this is going! Taking my book to work and will stay in!

Really nothing else to report......finally got some crochet groove back and am working on a bag for my co worker....going to visit my mother over easter weekend.....gee how boring am I!

kuddles

Good morning.

I had a message all typed up, hit post and crochetville had kicked me off so the message wouldn't go until I signed in again and in the process lost my message, grrrrrr.

Owlvamp, glad to hear everyone is doing better.

Jessicali, Rosalie is absolutely adorable!

I am sooooooo tired again this morning, I think spring break last week spoiled me. After work I'm headed to Joanns to pick up some sewing patterns that are on sale, fabric for pants for my grandson and a couple other things.

Hope everyone has a great day.

woke up at 5 am,said the heck with it,went back to sleep, I feel really dopey and fuzzy,now I know why I don't usually go back to sleep

they haven't got the word if mil is being released today,hoping maybe tomorrow,it sure has been a quiet week here :D

Yesterday morning & this morning both have been me waking to NO power.. It was just entirely too chilly in the house - so I knew something was off. I tried to build a fire in the fire place but apparently me & fire don't get along because I just can't get one to go lol. It was off for about 2 hours this morning and about 5 yesterday morning - so thankfully it's back on now & the furnace is back! Tis the season of storms though!? 

Hope all are doing well!

DIL is back at the hospital this morning . Sister is out of the hospital doing good. So hopefully she stays out. Other sister is doing okay. They think she just pulled a muscle.

I am packed and will leave for home tonight. I did the best I could and am very exhausted. Haven't slept well and it's really time for me to be home. I miss all my babies.

attachicon.gif1975092_10151760560403239_1936013559_n.jpg

Rosalie is such a cutie!

Congrats

Good morning squares!

Baby is super adorable!

Everyone sounds busy....as usual!

Today we have rain, this afternoon rain, this evening rain, overnite rain.....well I think you see how this is going! Taking my book to work and will stay in!

Really nothing else to report......finally got some crochet groove back and am working on a bag for my co worker....going to visit my mother over easter weekend.....gee how boring am I!

kuddles

Another afternoon of storms and tornado watches here.

woke up at 5 am,said the heck with it,went back to sleep, I feel really dopey and fuzzy,now I know why I don't usually go back to sleep

they haven't got the word if mil is being released today,hoping maybe tomorrow,it sure has been a quiet week here :D

I hope you were able to reenergize with your little break from all the daily drama.

DIL is back at the hospital this morning . Sister is out of the hospital doing good. So hopefully she stays out. Other sister is doing okay. They think she just pulled a muscle.

I am packed and will leave for home tonight. I did the best I could and am very exhausted. Haven't slept well and it's really time for me to be home. I miss all my babies.

Time for you to get home and recuperate before you get yourself down. 

Katie :hi

Hi all

congratz to jessica, good luckin the new endevor!!

Brrr, too chilly here to go without furnace,,,,,,hope it stays on for you....

Oh pineknott, what a week, hope you got some well earned rest...

C short, and kuddles, you made me laugh, and hello to both yarn monkey and Sandra!

not much new now, well come on back in later maybe,       take care!

Just wanted to check in... I thought I had a "so far" picture of my friendship ghan on my computer, but apparently I don't. So I'll take one tomorrow and post it.  :)

We officially got my mom's house sold today... they closed at 3:30 and I can't believe we got it all done. We still have loads to do but it's a big weight off! I'm looking forward to lots and lots of crochet time now!! And DH and I have decided we need a vacation so we're probably taking a road trip in May... Just need to figure out where to!  :party

I'm headed to the post office tomorrow with puffies for jessicali and skoggy... Late as always, but at least they're going out! 

I'll be back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful night! :D

Good morning squares! Waking up to fog and winds today but what is this? Next week is finally going to be over 50 degrees! Shock! Well, it IS Chicago, so we'll see if it happens!

I accidentally deleted a bunch of my work files accidentally yesterday! Yikes! Hope the IT gal can recover them!

SOOO glad it is Friday! I need the weekend! Finally no obligations so can just 'be' this weekend! Woot!

Tonite is movie nite and I picked up the new Tinkerbell movie this week....Pirate Fairy....so that is what we will be watching tonite!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Archived