Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Happy Friday!!!  :cheer 

I'm not quite as tired today because I slept a little better last night, yay. It's a work day but I decided we needed a little fun because yesterday was a little crazy. So I brought donuts for the adults on my team and with my students I will be making eggless cookie dough, it's a great sensory activity for my little ones. Tonight DD2 and her hubby will be coming to dinner, I think they're bringing pizza, and hopefully it won't turn into a debate like last week. Ok, enough rambling. Have a great day everyone.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good morning

no news yet,too early I guess

Kuddlekubs

enjoy your weekend and the movie

she's baaaaaaaaaaaacckk and already causing a ruckus about not wanting to take her medicine,sigh

Well its a cold dreary day here.  The cold chased the stormy weather out. 

Kuddles sounds like a good weekend.  I'm adding Tink's new movie to my want list.  Waiting on Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks to arrive.  I always say I  basically only watch 2 types of movies------Disney and John Wayne, and well he doesn't make too many any more.  

Pineknott, good luck with mil's medicine, guess you can't sneak it in something she likes like we do for our furples.  Hey I noticed you added birdnests to your sig link.  Are you crocheting birdnests now?

I am working on squares for yarn monkey.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend.

Kuddles sounds like a good weekend.  I'm adding Tink's new movie to my want list.  Waiting on Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks to arrive.  I always say I  basically only watch 2 types of movies------Disney and John Wayne, and well he doesn't make too many any more.  

Pineknott, good luck with mil's medicine, guess you can't sneak it in something she likes like we do for our furples.  Hey I noticed you added birdnests to your sig link.  Are you crocheting birdnests now?

yes I'm doing a few to build up the wrist,over on the boxing day2014 thread,there is a picture hubby helped with getting it posted

3 strands with an H hook,it just how they like them stiff and sturdy,I've made them before for the wildlife team in Va.Beach,any kind of baby animal can fit,birds,possums,squirrels

Just wanted to check in... I thought I had a "so far" picture of my friendship ghan on my computer, but apparently I don't. So I'll take one tomorrow and post it.  :)

We officially got my mom's house sold today... they closed at 3:30 and I can't believe we got it all done. We still have loads to do but it's a big weight off! I'm looking forward to lots and lots of crochet time now!! And DH and I have decided we need a vacation so we're probably taking a road trip in May... Just need to figure out where to!  :party

I'm headed to the post office tomorrow with puffies for jessicali and skoggy... Late as always, but at least they're going out! 

I'll be back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful night! :D

oh you are sweet to be sending puffies out!!! and would Love love love to see a pic of your ghan to be!!

Good morning squares! Waking up to fog and winds today but what is this? Next week is finally going to be over 50 degrees! Shock! Well, it IS Chicago, so we'll see if it happens!

I accidentally deleted a bunch of my work files accidentally yesterday! Yikes! Hope the IT gal can recover them!

SOOO glad it is Friday! I need the weekend! Finally no obligations so can just 'be' this weekend! Woot!

Tonite is movie nite and I picked up the new Tinkerbell movie this week....Pirate Fairy....so that is what we will be watching tonite!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

You are such a good mom Kuddles!

yes I'm doing a few to build up the wrist,over on the boxing day2014 thread,there is a picture hubby helped with getting it posted

3 strands with an H hook,it just how they like them stiff and sturdy,I've made them before for the wildlife team in Va.Beach,any kind of baby animal can fit,birds,possums,squirrels

Oh I did these too, long ago, many of them, the nests i mean, for Va. Beach Wildlife Rescue and rehab.....They are fast fun, and needed and used!!!!!!! Good charity Linda, hope it helps your wrist, as i know it will help little birdies, and animals!!

Good Morning!

DD2 and her hubby came for dinner last night and it was a much more enjoyable evening than last Friday, no debating or arguing. I'm planning to work on the Easter outfits I'm sewing for the grandkids today and thats about all the plans I have today.

Kuddle, how was the movie? I'm thinking about getting it to show my before care students at work and because I like Disney movies.

Hope everyone has a super Saturday!

Good morning!

cshort - the movie was good, not my favorite of the Tinkerbells but good non the less. DD laughed a lot and enjoyed it so much she wanted to watch it again, immediately! Uh no, dear, you can watch it again tomorrow!

I hope to get some sewing done this weekend. I want to embroider/sew a tote for my best friend who is starting her new job on Monday after being unemployed for a year. I also want to put some embroidery on a few tee shirts for DD.....I'll post pictures when done!

Otherwise, hope to get in some walks and just enjoy the weekend!

Take care!

kuddles

Good Morning!

I believe spring is finally showing up around here!  The air smells different and you can feel the warmth in the sun now when it's out, ahhh, yes, sweet spring.  We even have some crocus popping up!!!! 

Kuddles, glad you and Kiddles enjoyed the movie.  I miss those days of watching Disney movies with my kids.  It's a treat when I get to watch them with the grand kids now!

owlvamp, hope you get to rest at home now.  You are a super woman for all that you do!

cshort, glad that your diner was enjoyable last night!

pineknott, would love to see your bird nests when they are finished.  Hope they help your wrist!

Jessicali, oh my gosh,Rosalie is just too cute!!!  I love that she wanted a fork instead of using her fingers, lol. Oh! I almost forgot, congrats on the job! 

yarn_monkey, glad that the house has sold and you have some closure.  Also good to hear the progress on "peanut", lol  So wonderful that he is doing good.  

bgs, did you say you were sewing something?  Hmm, I think it was you but I can't remember what, so sorry, but I want to see it! LOL.

Katie, hope you are feeling better. (((hugs)))

Well that's all for me for now.  Hope I didn't forget anyone, but it wasn't intentional, you all just know my memory is terrible, lol.  I'm heading to my hooks and yarn now.  DO NOT DISTURB! :hook   :lol

Hi ladies.

I'm doing fine, just really tired from a long week working with preschoolers. I had a charlie horse this morning! They really snuck into my heart though. I was nearly in tears saying goodbye. I'm sad I probably won't ever see them again.

One of the boys came to them a few months ago with absolutely no language and poor large motor skills. Well, just this week, I got to witness him sign his first 2 words and peddle on his trike for the first time. It was awesome. The teacher was so proud!

My aunt is dying to know if we are having a boy or girl and wants to pay for a 3d ultrasound. There is only one place nearby and they charge $125 but don't guarantee determining gender. I'm trying to decide if its worth it. I only have 6 weeks left!

So sorry to the person who lost their kitty. They are beloved family members and their loss is no easy thing.

Yarn monkey--glad to hear baby is doing well. Tiny babies are so tough! And I'm glad to hear the house sold. What a relief.

I had more to reply to but can't remember. I did read through, my brain is just fried. I thought of you ladies throughout the week, I was just too tired to be online much.

DH and I watched Saving Mr. Banks last night and it was wonderful!!  :manyheart  Had me absolutely in tears by the end! I highly recommend it. Now I just need to get my dad to watch it... He's a huge Disney fan, but has a lot of trouble staying awake for any movie. 

Good Morning!

I believe spring is finally showing up around here!  The air smells different and you can feel the warmth in the sun now when it's out, ahhh, yes, sweet spring.  We even have some crocus popping up!!!! 

Kuddles, glad you and Kiddles enjoyed the movie.  I miss those days of watching Disney movies with my kids.  It's a treat when I get to watch them with the grand kids now!

owlvamp, hope you get to rest at home now.  You are a super woman for all that you do!

cshort, glad that your diner was enjoyable last night!

pineknott, would love to see your bird nests when they are finished.  Hope they help your wrist!

Jessicali, oh my gosh,Rosalie is just too cute!!!  I love that she wanted a fork instead of using her fingers, lol. Oh! I almost forgot, congrats on the job! 

yarn_monkey, glad that the house has sold and you have some closure.  Also good to hear the progress on "peanut", lol  So wonderful that he is doing good.  

bgs, did you say you were sewing something?  Hmm, I think it was you but I can't remember what, so sorry, but I want to see it! LOL.

Katie, hope you are feeling better. (((hugs)))

Well that's all for me for now.  Hope I didn't forget anyone, but it wasn't intentional, you all just know my memory is terrible, lol.  I'm heading to my hooks and yarn now.  DO NOT DISTURB! :hook   :lol

Hi ladies.

I'm doing fine, just really tired from a long week working with preschoolers. I had a charlie horse this morning! They really snuck into my heart though. I was nearly in tears saying goodbye. I'm sad I probably won't ever see them again.

One of the boys came to them a few months ago with absolutely no language and poor large motor skills. Well, just this week, I got to witness him sign his first 2 words and peddle on his trike for the first time. It was awesome. The teacher was so proud!

My aunt is dying to know if we are having a boy or girl and wants to pay for a 3d ultrasound. There is only one place nearby and they charge $125 but don't guarantee determining gender. I'm trying to decide if its worth it. I only have 6 weeks left!

So sorry to the person who lost their kitty. They are beloved family members and their loss is no easy thing.

Yarn monkey--glad to hear baby is doing well. Tiny babies are so tough! And I'm glad to hear the house sold. What a relief.

I had more to reply to but can't remember. I did read through, my brain is just fried. I thought of you ladies throughout the week, I was just too tired to be online much.

Thanks, grannyannie and Cindy! I can't remember if I already said or not, but Peanut weighed in at 4lb 10oz at his last appointment on Thursday, so he's gained 10oz from last week and he's back to his birth weight! My sister texted me last night at the end of her rope with him because he wouldn't stop crying and her boyfriend was at work until 8 this morning, so we finished our movie and off I went to take him over while she got a little sleep. Wound up getting home a little after 2:30 this morning. I was exhausted, but having Peanut asleep on my chest and my mom's dog asleep on my foot was totally worth it! Wish it hadn't been so dark in there so I could get a picture! 

post-11765-0-25112400-1396722806_thumb.jpg

Here's my ghan so far! Can't wait to see how it looks by the end of the month!!  :yay  :ghug

Oh lovely so far yarn monkey, I just today posted out four squares heading your way!!!!!!!!

CIndy, I added a couple rows onto the squares you so generously donated to me, and they look darling!! I think Ill make a baby ghan for project linus, or a lap robe for the nursing home, they colors are so bright and pretty, thank you again!!!!!

Well, I may be biting off more than I have time or energy for, but have picked up my embroidery skills again, or lack there of, lol

Im doing ONE of those quilt blocks, 18 inches square, whew,     roses, flowers, etc, all cross stitch....

I have one of the four corners almost done,lol least the rose is done, and some surrounding leaves and greenery, but wow, this is a lot of work, ha ha....

Too big for me to frame if and when I complete it, so will either have to do more of the, or?????

Did run into a deal though at  hobby lobby,which came in handy in my decsision to tacikle that quilt block, ha ha, they had ,most of their embroidery floss, in clearance, cept for the big packs, but the singles, all 15 cents!! I can't tell you how many i got, lol

So many colors, thought I might need some, but when i got home, I have a bunch already, but this is nice, I may go monday, and get more, lol Yarn is yarn,be it crocheting yarns, or embroider, love it all!!!

SO had fun sorting out that small bin with my floss and hoops and such, I have a hoop my grandma used, the wood type, with the screw, no less, do they still even make those!!!

So anyway, worked on that off and on, between other chores today, busy day altogether I guess, so relaxing now, and watching some tv ! Take it easy all, and have a great day tomorrow!!!

Love that, frog block. Where did you find a pattern for that? Beautiful blocks and can't wait to see the finished afghan.

Just stopping by to say Hi!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

yarn_monkey, your blanket is off to a good start, can't wait to see what it's like when it's finished. 

Speaking of finished ghans, I need to organize my squares and start putting them together.  I should have enough for a nice lapghan, if not I'll make a few to add to it.  It's going to be so pretty with all the lovely squares I rec'd!

Katie, wow, sounds like you've got a big project there!  I'm sure it's going to be beautiful!  I did a little bit of cross stitching way back when, but my eyes can't take the fine detail work any more.  Enjoy your project and be sure to show us some pics!!!

ok, see ya later.  It's way past my beddy-by-time, lol.   

Good Morning.

Yarn_monkey, the afghan looks good so far.

Katie, sounds you're keeping busy.

Cindy, hope you get some rest this weekend. I teach special needs preschoolers and they are amazing and do get into your heart quickly.

I feel like I did a sewing marathon yesterday, but it felt good and I hope to finish up some more projects today. I started by cutting out everything for the grandkids Easter outfits, a pair of pants, a button down shirt, a skirt, a pair of bloomers and a slip, I had already cut out my granddaughter's shirt and started smocking it. I finished the skirt and pants, the button down shirt is done except for the buttons (need to go buy some), the bloomers just need the casing for the elastic at the waist and leg bottoms, and the smocking is finished. So today, I hope to finish the bloomers, my granddaughter's top and slip. But first its off to Church service and Sunday School. I also need to stop at the grocery store to get ingredients to make Confetti Salsa for lunch at work tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone. Hopefully I'll get to pop in again later today.

Good morning!

Beautiful ghan!

Katie, wow, you are busy!

Everyone else, hope you are having a good weekend!

I sewed yesterday myself....well my embroidery machine did. I'm getting back into my embroidery a bit. I did a boston terrier applique on fabric and put the words 'I love my boston' on it and it will become a tote for my good friend who is starting her new job tomorrow after being unemployed for a year!

Then I did the Anna applique onto a shirt for kiddles to go with the elsa shirt I already did for her. I know, I know, you want to see pictures! I'll get out the camera today!

Today I get two hours to myself. Kiddles is having lunch with her godmother. I hope to sew the tote (mentioned above) and just enjoy the quiet!

Have a good day Squares!

kuddles

you are sewing up a storm cshort,and kuddles,cute cute cute shirts!!

Hi Lacey!! Owlvamp!! and annie!! and everyone else I missed!! good to see you are working hard, lol and still finding the time to chat!!

Nice day today, high was in the sixties and it was great all day!! Bout time!!

Hot shower and watch tv for a bit, in a bit, but wanted to say to all of you, have a great and splendorifically great week!

Archived