Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

oh my, just heard about chicago's weather, saw the flooding, and in N Dak too, Then the Texas thing, good news is that BOston can rest tonight, they have the suspect in custody, at the hospital but alive......

So much going around this week, for everyone, hope that is not becomming the norm!! Weather here is chilly, got some flower seeds today, and a terrariam to grow them for planting in well I was gonna say may, but more like late may early june, no doubt! I just got some perranials, ones i liked, pushed the little seeds into the little pots, watered them a bit, put the lid on, and will sit it in the sun during the day, in at night, away of course, from little feline curiosities!! lol Other than that, not much else on the list for the weekend, gonna take a deep breath this weekend, and TRY to stay in and relax a couple days, I think I need some crochet time too!

Looks like we are in a lull for sign up for the Free For All, but that's ok, still time, so if you want in, let me know pm, ok. We have about 17 to play so far. Im not sure if everyone understood, but it's just one partner you send to, and one person you receive from, no limit on squares though, but its not like we're mailing out 17 or anything, ha ha, just one to a chosen person, and someone will pick you as thiers from the remaining players, when it's their turn to pick!  Everyone gets chosen to give, and receive, round robin-like, lol....We all will be May's Biggest Squares!!

Off to the showers, Kuddles, stay high, Texas, keep safe, and Boston, rest easier tonight!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol You're too funny!  I HAD to make it seem like I knew what I was doing.  I didn't want to disappoint you ;)  I found I was able to fake my way through as long as I was using the side not visible to the naked eye.

pish posh ... it's lovely work!! I have used that stitchery witchery stuff too, for hems on some of my slacks, or such, and it works, but for something like a lining in a purse, I would probably use that only to hold things while i tacked them down on the sewing machine, or by hand, I dunno, not much experience here in sewing!! Used to sew, not so much now!! ha ha,

Heads up! Skoggy, I just mailed off two skeins of the yarn you wanted plus one square for your afghan. Mission accomplished!

Thank you so much! I can't wait! :hug

Oh, no!!  Thank God you and Little K are okay and home, safe and sound.  I had only heard in passing that Chicago had bad weather.  That's an understatement.  I'm glad you were still able to make it to JoAnn's ;)  Congrats on the weight loss.  What an inspiration you are!  Keep up the fantastic work.  Hope you're all refreshed and that you're now relaxing :hug

Ah you are so sweet!

Prayers are with you. The further north you went the worse the weather got. Hubby got sent to Indianapolis this afternoon will be gone all weekend. He works for a fire and water damage place. They had 110 water damage calls today in Indy alone

Thanks! Hope he is all safe as well!

So glad you and little K are alright.  Congrats on the weight loss!  That's fantastic!  WTG on your yarn purchase.  Can you believe I was just at AC Moore, spent a bundle and didn't get any RHSS white, which I'm just about out of too!  UGH!  Oh well, they usually have it at walmart.

Thanks hon! You need to go back out and buy MORE YARN!

If you dont mind me asking, how are you losing the weight?  I could stand to lose at least 100 lbs, and it is a struggle.  I am eating a little better right now, but just looking for some tips from those who have had success in losing!

Weight watchers, baby! It is THE only safe and effective way to lose weight! IMO...

oh my, just heard about chicago's weather, saw the flooding, and in N Dak too, Then the Texas thing, good news is that BOston can rest tonight, they have the suspect in custody, at the hospital but alive......

Off to the showers, Kuddles, stay high, Texas, keep safe, and Boston, rest easier tonight!

Thanks! Today it's like it never happened, sun is brightly shining!

Well girls, I'll be out and about for most of the day......I did just do up two squares for our June Square to get a head start! Using squares I've never made before from the 101 Granny Squares book. Fun! I finished up another 12" last nite, going to use for my own lapghan, and it is gorgeous! I'll take and post a picture! Was challenging but I did it!

Hugs!

kuddles

Of course had some time before the appt, so HAD to stop at Joanns. Can you believe I was out of white yarn? WHITE! So used two 50% off coupons and got the big RHSS in white. Got plenty now!

I'm actually out of RHSS white, but did find a skein of RH With Love in white, so that's working for me right now! I told myself that I'm not buying any more yarn until I finish up some of the projects I have and use up more of my stash. If you guys notice that you start getting squares in similar colors--that's why! Totally stash-busting when making squares. 

I'll be out for the rest of the day (and probably most of tomorrow, too). I have a rehearsal this morning and a wedding at 2pm in a town an hour away.

So far, we have 18 players for the May Free For All! which is very nice!! If I haven't added you to the list yet, and you want to be in to play, please let me know, as I will probaly close the list on Monday, and start the partnering up process so we can all be ready, hook in hand, with a new person to send some squares to in may!!     

Chilly, cloudy, Had a couple runs out to make, one to Sears, for batteries for a drill, or something, one to the battery place to match up a phone battery, they couldn't do anything for dinah, she is my craft room cordless vac, sniff sniff, so have to pick up a new corded dust buster this time for in there, and wht else, oh yeah, went to the bread store, Rotella's has a bakery here, you get all there goods for like a fraction of what they are in the store, and they are even fresher that the store bought too, so stored up on some vienna, and raison cinamon bread, great for brunch casseroles, and toasting!! Now just need that pesky dust buster, and headed to wallyworld soon, so much for a day off, huh!

Hi all!

Gorgeous square kuddles! Love it! :)

How is everyone? I had some family visit today. My Aunt and Uncle. I haven't seen them for ages. They had come up to stay with my Mom for the weekend.

I hope Katy won't tell me off for this but just wanted to mention a group on Ravelry.

If anyone is interested, I have a group on Ravelry called the Great British Square Exchange. We are swapping 6" squares in DK (light worsted?). Don't let the GB bit fool you, everyone is welcome. We currently have people from UK, USA, Canada, Sweden, Greece. I'm hoping its going be a great group. Got hookers and knitters :)

Would be great if some of you could come and join me. Whether it be joining in or just holding Skoggy's hand. :hug

I got some jewellry stuff arrive today. I'm attempting to make some stitchmarkers. I hope to share with you soon. Got some lovely ideas in my head.

Have fun ladies!

The square!

It's beautiful kuddles!  Glad your weather has settled down.  We're having a beautiful sunny day today too.  It's nice and cheerful, just what we need after the last few days.

Hi all!

How is everyone? I had some family visit today. My Aunt and Uncle. I haven't seen them for ages. They had come up to stay with my Mom for the weekend.

I hope Katy won't tell me off for this but just wanted to mention a group on Ravelry.

If anyone is interested, I have a group on Ravelry called the Great British Square Exchange. We are swapping 6" squares in DK (light worsted?). Don't let the GB bit fool you, everyone is welcome. We currently have people from UK, USA, Canada, Sweden, Greece. I'm hoping its going be a great group. Got hookers and knitters :)

Would be great if some of you could come and join me. Whether it be joining in or just holding Skoggy's hand. :hug

I got some jewellry stuff arrive today. I'm attempting to make some stitchmarkers. I hope to share with you soon. Got some lovely ideas in my head.

Have fun ladies!

I'll try to remember to check it out next time I'm over on Rav!

Kuddles, that is beautiful square!!

I spent the morning finishing 6 wheelchair bags I found when I cleaned the closet a couple of weeks ago and made 12 more. The bags are for a nearby nursing home, they allow our sewing guild group to meet there for free so we make wheelchair bags and lap blankets for them. Now I'm weaving ends on a granny square lapghan and kicking myself for not weaving as I finished each square.

Enjoy your day!

Been so busy today. had a healing service at church then had a client to go check on, then grocery shopping. got home put away groceries, wouldnt you know all the children disappeared before I got home. Got a load of laundry on the line and one in the wash. SHEW. time to rest

Kuddles that square is AWESOME

Wow, thanks everyone for the kudos on my square!

Well I did something today that I thought wouldn't happen for a few months till Little K's 9th birthday.......I brought home her new pet! Please meet Bandit! A sweet 2 yr old boy that has been neutered and is declawed and is very sweet! My DD is soooo happy! She told me this is the best present she has ever had!

post-17419-0-78070400-1366488533_thumb.jpg

Kuddles, love your square!

Katy, that bakery sound like heaven. When I wake up later, I plan to get some safe desserts for me ;-) maybe lots of coffee too. It's just about 10 a.m. I haven't slept a wink. I couldn't stop myself and worked overnight and finished a unicorn for my niece. I was partnered up with Skoggy for the January/February birthday swap. She sent me a beautiful unicorn that my niece wants. I started it but, to her dismay, I didn't finish it by the time she was out of the bathroom. Now that's it's finished, I'm sleeping.

Edit: I was so out of it that I fell asleep before posting. :lol Here goes.

post-44469-0-73789300-1366488804_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-50268300-1366488837_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-76492700-1366488940_thumb.jpg

Been so busy today. had a healing service at church then had a client to go check on, then grocery shopping. got home put away groceries, wouldnt you know all the children disappeared before I got home. Got a load of laundry on the line and one in the wash. SHEW. time to rest

I bet the healing service was awesome!!!  We have had deliverance services before, and during regular church we had a lady on a walker get prayed for and walked out leaving the walker at the church!  What disappoints me, though, is when someone that has trouble walking gets up and walks without their cane or wheelchair and then the people they were with give it back to them.  I am like, where's ya faith!???!!!

Kuddles, I have tried WW for a brief time, but I don't have a good support group around me.  Maybe once I start working from home, I can cook regular meals instead of eating fast food allt he time, and it will be easier.  I still have all the books, the recipe books, etc.  Congrats on your weight loss, I am proud of you.  I wish taking off weight was as easy as putting it on!!! LOL  And that is a beautiful square you have!

I can't believe it, but I actually made a square today!  Not sure who is getting it yet, but tried out one of the new patterns I printed out from Ravelry.  Need to go back home and work on some more.  I have put aside everything else so I can make a bunch of squares, different sizes and colors, different patterns, so I can just send a whole bunch of puffies out!!!  I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday, which is the day I am officially giving my notice.  I have already started working at the other firm as of today.  Not working a lot, but will be working bunches when I am off the other job.  Meanwhile, sucking up all the OT I can!!!

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!  It is nice and sunny here, very warm, though it is down in the 40's at night time.  Be blessed!

Kuddles, love your square!

Katy, that bakery sound like heaven. When I wake up later, I plan to get some safe desserts for me ;-) maybe lots of coffee too. It's just about 10 a.m. I haven't slept a wink. I couldn't stop myself and worked overnight and finished a unicorn for my niece. I was partnered up with Skoggy for the January/February birthday swap. She sent me a beautiful unicorn that my niece wants. I started it but, to her dismay, I didn't finish it by the time she was out of the bathroom. Now that's it's finished, I'm sleeping.

Edit: I was so out of it that I fell asleep before posting. :lol Here goes.

That is very cute!!!

Hi all!

Have fun ladies!

ha, not hardly emma, I may even pop in, and say hello!! I think its grand you opened up another granny door!!!

Kuddles, that is beautiful square!!

I spent the morning finishing 6 wheelchair bags I found when I cleaned the closet a couple of weeks ago and made 12 more. The bags are for a nearby nursing home, they allow our sewing guild group to meet there for free so we make wheelchair bags and lap blankets for them. Now I'm weaving ends on a granny square lapghan and kicking myself for not weaving as I finished each square.

Enjoy your day!

I would absolutely be interested in a pattern for those, is it one you can share?? I do lots for a couple nursing homes as well, and have not seen a pattern I can do for those wheel chair bags!!

busy lady too, i hate shopping anywhere on a weekend, sooo many people out and about, I will remember to from now on, go on a weekday, lol

Wow, thanks everyone for the kudos on my square!

Well I did something today that I thought wouldn't happen for a few months till Little K's 9th birthday.......I brought home her new pet! Please meet Bandit! A sweet 2 yr old boy that has been neutered and is declawed and is very sweet! My DD is soooo happy! She told me this is the best present she has ever had!

OM MY GOSH!! He's is striking!! Looks sooooo soo much like my little angelkitty now, Patches, she was a baby doll too!! I know you and little K, will enjoy him for years!!!!!!!!!

I bet the healing service was awesome!!!  We have had deliverance services before, and during regular church we had a lady on a walker get prayed for and walked out leaving the walker at the church!  What disappoints me, though, is when someone that has trouble walking gets up and walks without their cane or wheelchair and then the people they were with give it back to them.  I am like, where's ya faith!???!!!

Kuddles, I have tried WW for a brief time, but I don't have a good support group around me.  Maybe once I start working from home, I can cook regular meals instead of eating fast food allt he time, and it will be easier.  I still have all the books, the recipe books, etc.  Congrats on your weight loss, I am proud of you.  I wish taking off weight was as easy as putting it on!!! LOL  And that is a beautiful square you have!

I can't believe it, but I actually made a square today!  Not sure who is getting it yet, but tried out one of the new patterns I printed out from Ravelry.  Need to go back home and work on some more.  I have put aside everything else so I can make a bunch of squares, different sizes and colors, different patterns, so I can just send a whole bunch of puffies out!!!  I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday, which is the day I am officially giving my notice.  I have already started working at the other firm as of today.  Not working a lot, but will be working bunches when I am off the other job.  Meanwhile, sucking up all the OT I can!!!

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!  It is nice and sunny here, very warm, though it is down in the 40's at night time.  Be blessed!

and time and progress marches on!! Congrats!!

AngelRoseLite, your unicorn is gorgeous! Great pattern isn't it?! :)

Kuddles, Bandit is fantastic. DD1 is obsessed by cats. Everytime she sees one on TV or when out walking, she makes a beeline for it going meew, meew, meew. Sometimes Mr Skoggy and I even sit and look through cat memes with her. Now we are in a house, we will be looking at getting a cat for her. :hug

Katy, and everyone else, do please pop along to my group on Ravelry. Even if you don't want to join in, just make up my numbers. :lol

Hi all!

Have fun ladies!

joined your group

AngelRoseLite, your unicorn is gorgeous! Great pattern isn't it?! :)

Kuddles, Bandit is fantastic. DD1 is obsessed by cats. Everytime she sees one on TV or when out walking, she makes a beeline for it going meew, meew, meew. Sometimes Mr Skoggy and I even sit and look through cat memes with her. Now we are in a house, we will be looking at getting a cat for her. :hug

Katy, and everyone else, do please pop along to my group on Ravelry. Even if you don't want to join in, just make up my numbers. :lol

The pattern is wonderfully written.  I couldn't get my niece to change her mind about the colors.  She's always wanted pink on everything, but when I asked her to choose, this three-year-old little girl was adamant her unicorn had to be blue with a black mane.  She has not put her down except to go with mom to the grocery store, and she was very unhappy she had to leave her unicorn behind.  Good news:  The unicorn you made me is safe!   :lol

Hi Ladies, hope all are well.  I have just updated my list so I'm thinking it's time to get busy and start squaring.  I need to get back into this.

Hi, Pat!  Glad to hear from you.   :hug

Good Morning Everyone!

I was up early, my internal alarm clock doesn't know the difference between work days and weekends. So I'm doing a little computer and crochet time before church.

Have a great day everyone!

Archived