Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Wow! It's really been a year! I remember the early days of Katie's reign well (as I'm sure Katie will too ;):P ). Sounds like a lovely idea for a celebration.

I just wanted to apologise for not being around alot recently. Got a lot going around my head at the moment. Not very good things so I'm all flustered. Can't find solace anywhere either, feels like I'm trying to walk through mud. :( I hope to be back in business soon. I tried to get squares out for Tampa Doll's afghan but they were returned to me. Kinda put another brick on the load I'm carrying.

Oh hon, we've all been there! Sometimes life is just that way, and we come out the other side, hopefully feeling better! I saw that about your squares, such a shame! You were a sweetie to send them so far!

How about a big Kuddle Hug? No? Too bad! You're getting one right now!  :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't peak Katie-----My suggestion is that we all do something special for Katie ie make her June's Biggest Square, send her something special, and/or send her lots of squares to thank her for taking over and keeping this CAL going. 

Don't peak Katie-----My suggestion is that we all do something special for Katie ie make her June's Biggest Square, send her something special, and/or send her lots of squares to thank her for taking over and keeping this CAL going. 

I second that! GREAT idea!

ok in all that above excitement, I forgot to mention, June is a one year anniversary date for me doing this thread, well, stepping in after Sue had to leave, ) and our four thousandth post is right around the corner, so which ever comes first, the 4ooo th post, or june, or both, I would love to do something special! One of the ideas i had, is that those that can, or want to, may send a little something to that months biggest square(s) along with her chosen preference of squares, something as simple as for instance, a card, a candy bar, a dishcloth, a flower tape measure thingie, lol whatever you chose out side of the square (s) you are sending. That is one idea, anyone got anymore ideas about something special!! I just want to make it a little special, to  celebrate our year here together, and maybe one or two biggest squares one for june and one for the 4000th post, I am not sure, open to all your suggestions though, so PLEASE let me know if you have any ideas!! :ghug You all just make my day!!!! ok, all for now, everyone get better, everyone get healthy, and enjoy your weekends!

This sounds like a fun way to celebrate our anniversary.

I like this idea too.

ohhhhh first things first!!!!!!! Guess what I, me, myself, Katie, got in the mail today, or yesterday, as I didn't get out yesterday to get it, that's right!!! Bright and colorful rainbow squares for my new afghan!!!!!!!! I will enclose a pic, they are from Carol (cshort) and I truely do LOVE THEM! Just perfect! Her stitches are soooo pretty, I wish I could crochet that pretty, lol mine are more utiitarian, I guess, I dunno anyway, love them all, There is red yellow Orange, and green, wowzers, alternated with the rainbow squares Im making for said ghan, that is almost a row in and of itself, with what I have, so probably 2 rows now! I was sooooo looking for something to do today, bored with sitting there, and starting at a couple skeins of yarn, but NOW, I have FOUR LOVELY SQUARES to edge in my edging varigated, I forget the name..Oh, heartfelt is it   anyway, ....YAY!! Thank you bunches Carol, first for thinking of me, secondly for your beautiful work, and thirdly for contributing to my friendship ghan by sending me a part of you!!!!!!! Im so excited, here's a pic, oh and a darling card too!! How lucky am I!!!!!! I so needed a boost here lately, so thank you so much for providing that as well!!! you made my day!

attachicon.gif100_3309.jpg

Love the bright colors!

I received a BEAUTIFUL square from Kim today! Thanks, Kim!

post-35506-0-02148300-1365810361_thumb.jpg

O h wow Mandymae that square is gorgeous. 

Ok what is a yarn crawl?

Hmmmm cant wait to see what the something special is. but I agree we should reward Katie for all her efforts.

Here is a link to Yarn Crawl L.A.:  http://yarncrawlla.com/about/

Today was a bust.  My car ended up needing some service, not anything big, but it took so long for the mechanic to get to it that I wasn't able to go to the yarn store I wanted to visit today.  The Yarnover Truck left at 5; so I didn't go after getting my car.  Tomorrow is my trip to San Juan Capistrano and the crafting fair.  The truck will be about 40 minutes from here on Sunday.  It's not going to happen for me.  Boo-hoo.  The truck is in L.A., though.  I'll check it out when it's visiting locally.  I will visit the place I was going to today on Sunday.  This is the second year my plans are thwarted.  Next year I'm taking the week off just like a vacation!  :lol

Great squares!  Love all the colors :)

kuddles ~ So glad you took some time to rest. I hope it works wonders and you're feeling better asap!

Something special for June/4000th post sounds great! I REALLY like the idea of doing something special for Katie.

Speaking of Katie ~~~ THANK YOU SO MUCH for the very pretty square I received yesterday! I meant to post a thank you last night but every time I opened my computer something else would come to mind and I'd forget. I'm so sorry about that. I love the square you sent. The colors are perfect. :) And the sweet note made me smile. Again, THANK YOU!  :hug

Emma :hug Im right there with you. I havent picked up a hook in over two months( I even boxed up all my yarn, and taped it up with shipping tape, and put it away). Feel better soon :hug

now, you all do know, that when someone says, don't peek, ya peek, right. But honestly thought it was for Katiebug till i saw the content and then I was so touched!! Ya'll almost made me cry with gratitude for thinking of me!! I humbly  thank you all for that suggestion. (wipes a tear..)

I wanted to celebrate  and as it gets closer, we will vote on the best idea, I have another one too, he he, so all can share the wealth, although, I would never refuse any squares, lol with that said, how about

a free for all.....Pick a name, or more, up to lets say 3 for a random number in this example,  people off the list, whomever you like, and mail um a square or two....announce whom you are picking, maybe, so others don't chose maybe the same,,,,Maybe just  two picks, one for biggest square, one for our anniversary!! So many of you are what makes this thread special, you are the reason we are successful!!

(oh no, started those wheels turning now, darn it!! No telling what will come of this, lol)

So far, we have three great choices to vote on, will probably get more, there's the

Me thing, which gets my vote, lol jk,

the random free for all described above,

and a more orderly partnering up of members.as follows.

I don't want it to resemble a swap, so maybe a first one pms me,to keep it fair, lol  gets her choice of whom she mails, from the entire list, the one she chose then gets notified she was chosen, but not by whom, and so then she gets her pick of someone, and on and on..eventually whittling the list down of available and participating members,  yeah, i like this idea too,  ohhhhhhh decisions, we will get more ideas, and then put it to a vote!!

I of course, will abstain from voting, cause you all know what I would pick, ha ha ha, and we will go with a majority of those pm'g, wheather it be by one vote or several!

Lots of things to be worked out no matter which one ya all chose, but that after all, is half the fun, right!! I need some more bright minds to do some heavy brain work here with me, lol and figure out something special!! Yes, ladies, that is a challenge, lol Are you up for it, put those thinking caps on, and start working formulas, and plans, equations, and hypothesis!!! Think squares, think fun, think friends!

I really do think we have one of the nicest threads here, thanks to all of you making it so!! I do appreciate all of you, and all you do for all of us! So nuff said, Im outta kleenex at the moment, ha!      :ty  :ghug

Love the bright colors!

I love the colors too, she hit the nail on the head that cshort!! Lovely square from Kim too, so pretty!!

Today was a bust.  My car ended up needing some service, not anything big, but it took so long for the mechanic to get to it that I wasn't able to go to the yarn store I wanted to visit today.  The Yarnover Truck left at 5; so I didn't go after getting my car.  Tomorrow is my trip to San Juan Capistrano and the crafting fair.  The truck will be about 40 minutes from here on Sunday.  It's not going to happen for me.  Boo-hoo.  The truck is in L.A., though.  I'll check it out when it's visiting locally.  I will visit the place I was going to today on Sunday.  This is the second year my plans are thwarted.  Next year I'm taking the week off just like a vacation!   :lol

so sorry, sometimes the best laid plans, yada yada yada, right! There is always next year!! We had a bit of hail here, without warning, and so the neighorhood is busy lining up insurance inspections, roofs, cars, sheds, gutters, you name it, it ever destroyed my five lantern lights on the deck...aaackk!

kuddles ~ So glad you took some time to rest. I hope it works wonders and you're feeling better asap!

Something special for June/4000th post sounds great! I REALLY like the idea of doing something special for Katie.

Speaking of Katie ~~~ THANK YOU SO MUCH for the very pretty square I received yesterday! I meant to post a thank you last night but every time I opened my computer something else would come to mind and I'd forget. I'm so sorry about that. I love the square you sent. The colors are perfect. :) And the sweet note made me smile. Again, THANK YOU!  :hug

certainly welcome, thank you for letting me be a part of your friendship ghan!

Emma :hug Im right there with you. I havent picked up a hook in over two months( I even boxed up all my yarn, and taped it up with shipping tape, and put it away). Feel better soon :hug

This saddens me, but it will return, I have been there many times, and sometimes wonder if my mojo for crocheto will ever return....It does.....sometimes quickly, sometimes not, in fact this rainbow ghan Im gathering squares for, came to me in a dream, and it spurred me out of a slump I had been in for a while, sooo, there's always a rainbow after a storm, hang in there, know you guys are not alone! We have all been there, more than a couple times!!

Man, I picked up a lot of posts to reply to as I was going through! 

Hello Ladies, just wanted to stop by and say hello and congratulations to Tonyal.  I am able to be on the computer a little more each day as I am able to sit up more.  Most of the time I spend it with my legs up and I just don't have any easy way to sit the computer near me.  I am hoping to get the energy to start crocheting again soon as I miss making squares.  I guess this is why an I pad would be great.  I tried going on line with the nook but it just isn't as big and it was too hard.  So hi everyone, I'll be peeking in.

Hi, Pat! So glad you're doing better! Keep up the recovery!

did get great news this week my son in law finally got his release date from the marines, so they are moving home with my grandson in a month. I can't wait havent seen him since christmas. although now i have to get moving on cleaning and painting their house before they get back so everything is set for them.

That's excellent!! I've got a brother and a brother-in-law in the army, and I wish both would just get out, but they keep re-upping. How wonderful that they're going to be near you!

Now that I am caught up with all the postings (boy, you people post a lot...LOL), I will try to be here more often...Thanks!!

No kidding! :lol I haven't checked in a few days (I've been having a rough time mentally as well) and I was almost too intimidated to try to catch up. But I did it! Now I just need to convince myself to work on squares or my cousin's quilt or some of the other things that are important, instead of my procrastinator-ghan... (but I got the rose color from my mom earlier than I expected, and I just HAD to see how it was going to look...!)

I agree!  STay home and get the much needed rest your body needs Kuddles! 

I know what it is like to be in an office where everyone is practically sitting in each other's laps and someone gets sick.  Luckily, beside what I thought was a cold but was actually allergies, I haven't gotten sick all winter, but everyone else here has numerous times!!!  I can't say it is because I have been taking care of myself or eating right, all I can say is God has kept me well!!!!  When I lived up north, though, I got bronchitis ALL THE TIME!!!  I heard one girl complain that she didn't understand why people came to work when they were sick.  I turned to her and said, some people can't afford to take time off all the time or have their parents pay for their bills if they get behind!  I couldn't help myself!!!  Besides, a lot of times when we get sick, even when we feel better, the cough sticks around for a while and it makes you sound like you are still sick when in fact you aren't anymore!!!  The contagiousness has passed!    Here's is prayers that everyone that is sick gets well, that all who have aches and pains, have had surgeries and babies gets back to being healed internally and externally!!!

Everyone have a blessed day on today!!!!

*nodnod* I have frequently wondered at work why people can't just stay home when they're sick (one woman came in in spite of having no voice for nearly four whole days!), but then I know how much time off we get... the job's great in other respects, but that one, not so much! Sometimes I daydream about how I'd run a multimillion dollar company to make it better for regular workers (It may be mean, but I love the idea of taking those execs that don't do anything but give themselves huge bonuses, getting rid of them, and then splitting their ridiculous salaries up and creating jobs for 12 people who need them) - making sure everybody has adequate time off is a big part of those daydreams!

Just dropping by to wish everyone a nice weekend.  I've been busy working on dishcloths and a baby blanket, but hope to sneek a square in there soon!

Wow! It's really been a year! I remember the early days of Katie's reign well (as I'm sure Katie will too ;):P ). Sounds like a lovely idea for a celebration.

I just wanted to apologise for not being around alot recently. Got a lot going around my head at the moment. Not very good things so I'm all flustered. Can't find solace anywhere either, feels like I'm trying to walk through mud. :( I hope to be back in business soon. I tried to get squares out for Tampa Doll's afghan but they were returned to me. Kinda put another brick on the load I'm carrying.

Aww, hon, I'm so sorry to hear this.  Here's a big ole hug from granny :hug

Wonderful idea!

Love the bright colors!

Ohhh, very pretty!

Today was a bust.  My car ended up needing some service, not anything big, but it took so long for the mechanic to get to it that I wasn't able to go to the yarn store I wanted to visit today.  The Yarnover Truck left at 5; so I didn't go after getting my car.  Tomorrow is my trip to San Juan Capistrano and the crafting fair.  The truck will be about 40 minutes from here on Sunday.  It's not going to happen for me.  Boo-hoo.  The truck is in L.A., though.  I'll check it out when it's visiting locally.  I will visit the place I was going to today on Sunday.  This is the second year my plans are thwarted.  Next year I'm taking the week off just like a vacation!   :lol

Thanks for sharing the link.  I'm so sorry about your plans not working out.  Isn't that always the way!  I think a vacation is a perfect idea for next year, lol.

Aww, here's a big hug for you too! :hug

Man, I picked up a lot of posts to reply to as I was going through! 

*nodnod* I have frequently wondered at work why people can't just stay home when they're sick (one woman came in in spite of having no voice for nearly four whole days!), but then I know how much time off we get... the job's great in other respects, but that one, not so much! Sometimes I daydream about how I'd run a multimillion dollar company to make it better for regular workers (It may be mean, but I love the idea of taking those execs that don't do anything but give themselves huge bonuses, getting rid of them, and then splitting their ridiculous salaries up and creating jobs for 12 people who need them) - making sure everybody has adequate time off is a big part of those daydreams!

We have similar daydreams about running a company, lol.  It used to bother me quite a bit when I was working to see people coming in when they were very sick, but I understood why.  The owner of the company, not so much.  I was the HR manager and tried for years to get him to increase the sick day allotment, but the maximum anyone could earn was 3 days per year.  You could not carry them over if you didn't use them.  Three days is not much if you get the flu, a bad cold, etc.  Many of our workers were working moms too, add sick kids into the picture and spouses that also worked for us, ugh, what a nightmare. The owner was a nice man, but he wouldn't/couldn't budge on this point.  Heck, he came to work sick, so his employees could too.  Yup, we all got sick together, :( .

Hi chatties!

My cold is a bit better today, thanks again for all of the well wishes this week! Not gone, but better, so I'll take it!

Been working on squares from Ravelry.....I'm in several groups that give out square patterns monthly and I'm  behind! But I like doing complicated ones now and then, current one is but having fun with it.

I hope everyone feels better, physically and mentally and have a great evening!

kuddles

Hi chatties!

My cold is a bit better today, thanks again for all of the well wishes this week! Not gone, but better, so I'll take it!

Been working on squares from Ravelry.....I'm in several groups that give out square patterns monthly and I'm  behind! But I like doing complicated ones now and then, current one is but having fun with it.

kuddles

I still have one March square to do - I can't remember which group it is for. It's the Mussy Tussy pattern. It, along with the April squares, are going to have to wait until I get some other projects finished. So much to crochet, so little time...

Busy Busy day.  Spent all morning 8-2 at the church for a yard sale. then came home and had to be at park at 3 to get pics of my son and step daughter for prom. we were there till 415 them off to the school for the grand march and more pics. then My son and his date came by the house for more pics. then made a dish cloth for pattern testing. Now I am ready for bed but still have to go take care of a client at 11pm. AND I just realized I have clothes still hanging on the line.... 9:30 at night lol.  look my up on facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/dragnlady5

if you wanna see prom pictures. there are some on my wall but alot are in the prom album. 118 by the time I was done lol

ohhhhh I  loved my daughters proms, she was dating a boy from another school, so that meant each year, two proms, two homecomings, equals FOUR dresses each year...Yes, I remember it well, lol Gonna go see if I can see you pics, I am not facebook member, so we'll see...............

Hi all! Just stopping in to say hello :) Had to take myself and my DD to the ER earlier, just hot home from that. She's fine though. Apparently she has a small umbilical hernia :(. The doctor assured me that I don't need to worry, but I will anyway. And I have an infection in my c-section. What fun...again, I'll be fine as well. They put me on an antibiotic for it.

Thankfully, everything else is going fine. As is everyone else! I hope you all are doing fine as well! (I didn't read the back posts, though I'm lurking all the time. Lol!) And if there is some of you who need it, here is a super giant :hug for you!

Miss you all! Hopefully I'll be crocheting a lot more again soon! Take care all!

Good morning!

Kristy, you made me tired just reading about your day!

Hi Katie! Sorry to hear of your medical issues but glad you and the baby will be fine! I'm still amazed you take the time to check in with us!

After a high of 45 yesterday, today is supposed to hit 73! Woot! Little K and I are taking two walks today! She will complain, but don't all 8 year olds? Too bad kiddo! This mama wants to get healthy!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

aw, she loves us!!!!! She is part of this family, and we love you too Katiebug! Sorry to hear of your infections/herinia, but glad all will be well soon!

Not much to do today, is 66 but the sun just went behind some clouds, so feels a bit chilly to me yet out even though my brain tells me, this is shorts weather, lol  

Hope you all are thinking up some cellabratory schemes for June, we haven't much time, he he he........Take care all , till next time!!

[Hi chatties!

kuddles]

Glad you're feeling some better.  I've been having fun with this month's squares too.  I actually think that I've got them all done!

I still have one March square to do - I can't remember which group it is for. It's the Mussy Tussy pattern. It, along with the April squares, are going to have to wait until I get some other projects finished. So much to crochet, so little time...

Awww, darn, I forgot all about Tussy Mussy!  Guess I know what I'll be working on tonight, lol.

Busy Busy day.  Spent all morning 8-2 at the church for a yard sale. then came home and had to be at park at 3 to get pics of my son and step daughter for prom. we were there till 415 them off to the school for the grand march and more pics. then My son and his date came by the house for more pics. then made a dish cloth for pattern testing. Now I am ready for bed but still have to go take care of a client at 11pm. AND I just realized I have clothes still hanging on the line.... 9:30 at night lol.  look my up on facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/dragnlady5

if you wanna see prom pictures. there are some on my wall but alot are in the prom album. 118 by the time I was done lol

Awww, they looked so nice!  Thanks for sharing them with us.

Hi all! Just stopping in to say hello :) Had to take myself and my DD to the ER earlier, just hot home from that. She's fine though. Apparently she has a small umbilical hernia :(. The doctor assured me that I don't need to worry, but I will anyway. And I have an infection in my c-section. What fun...again, I'll be fine as well. They put me on an antibiotic for it.

Thankfully, everything else is going fine. As is everyone else! I hope you all are doing fine as well! (I didn't read the back posts, though I'm lurking all the time. Lol!) And if there is some of you who need it, here is a super giant :hug for you!

Miss you all! Hopefully I'll be crocheting a lot more again soon! Take care all!

Sorry to hear about your infection/hernia problems.  I remember one of my grandkids having an umbilical hernia.  It's funny how the dr's always tell you not to worry.  Sure!  Easier said than done, lol. :hug

Good morning!

Kristy, you made me tired just reading about your day!

Hi Katie! Sorry to hear of your medical issues but glad you and the baby will be fine! I'm still amazed you take the time to check in with us!

After a high of 45 yesterday, today is supposed to hit 73! Woot! Little K and I are taking two walks today! She will complain, but don't all 8 year olds? Too bad kiddo! This mama wants to get healthy!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Enjoy your walk and hopefully you don't get too much resistance, lol.

aw, she loves us!!!!! She is part of this family, and we love you too Katiebug! Sorry to hear of your infections/herinia, but glad all will be well soon!

Not much to do today, is 66 but the sun just went behind some clouds, so feels a bit chilly to me yet out even though my brain tells me, this is shorts weather, lol  

Hope you all are thinking up some celbratory schemes for June, we haven't much time, he he he........Take care all , till next time!!

My brain is on Sunday time, (still sleeping, lol)  I'll do my best, but don't expect too much today, lol.  Have a great day!

Hi again friends!!!

Well, walk one was this morning in the mall and walk two was outside at a really large park! No complaining from Little K!

So feeling good about the day......oh and she did her homework to earn time on the Wii. Next up, a shower and watching Spy Kids....for the third time since Friday! I got it for 6 bucks and she loves it! You know kids, they want to watch the same thing over and over! Once the movie starts, I'll sit and work on squares!

Hugs to all! Have a great evening!

kuddles

Archived