Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

tonyal, has anyone heard from her lately??? I hope she is still receiving squares, as I know some of you are making them!!

Hope all is ok, I know she is busy, do stop in Tonya, when you can, and check with us!!

On the Free for All, we are getting closer....he he he, less than half the list left, so we will probably be done in a couple days, if all goes well!!! can't wait to start making, hooking and acquiring things for my partner!!!!!

check in later, gotta go.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well howdy all!

I'm so glad it is Thursday! Very busy at work but makes the day go quicker!

Thanks for all the kudos on my thrift shop haul!

Well gotta get moving......to drink my coffee!

kuddles

Hope your busy work day was a good one and went quickly!  And hopefully you get some nice crafting time in tonight and that goes by nice and slow and relaxing, ahhhhh.....

Off today and was so hoping to sleep in in but NOPE. The dogs woke me up earlier then I normally get up cause they heard the kids leaving for school.  The festival starts this weekend. tomorrow and saturday is the town wide yard sales. I am Holding the church yardsale in my front yard. So we are moving everything over here this afternoon. at 230 I have to go give blood. Plus my daughter volunteered me to sew, take in, 15 shirts for the color guard. It is the shirts that they will be wearing for the pegasus parade.

side note, Thursday May 2nd @ 5 pm, Not sure what station, The pegasus parade will be aired on national tv. Look for Orleans Bulldog Regiment. I have a girl in color guard and 2 boys on drums. One on bass and one on tenor.

I also have 2 shifts to work in the bands food wagon this Monday and Thursday. All this and I still have regular work and church obligations. 

Shew. gonna be a busy week.

Phhewwww, you sure are going to be busy! I hope you can fit some relaxation time in there.

I always go to the thrift shops looking for yarn but never seem to find any, I never thought about looking for books!!!  I need to check that out! 

I need to see how many of those hurricanes are predicted for this area, hopefully NONE!  LOL  I know, that is not likely to happen.  Last year I got to experience one hurricane, and thank goodness it was just a category 1 by the time it hit land!  Everyone was freaking out, and I was experiencing such peace!  To me, it was no worse than some of the snowstorms I have experienced up in northern Indiana!

Coming up soon we are having our town yard sale, I don't know exactly what date it will be.  I think this year I am going to go about looking and see if any one has yarn or crochet books available!  I will have to let ya'll know if I score anything!

Have a great day all!!!  Be blessed!

We have a town wide yard sale every year the first Sat. in Oct.  Unfortunately I haven't been in several years (since I had to turn in my license because of my illness) since DH works nights and is too tired to drive me around when he gets home.  Also, he doesn't like yard sales, lol.

good morning all,just a quick Hello

its been a busy morning already,reassuring mil that she lives with us,and that she has no worries,such as bills or an apt. or house that she left behind,then the other is helping with sil 's feeding tube,so at this time have felt like a full day's work already,lol

Hope you were able to sneak a nap in!

tonyal, has anyone heard from her lately??? I hope she is still receiving squares, as I know some of you are making them!!

Hope all is ok, I know she is busy, do stop in Tonya, when you can, and check with us!!

On the Free for All, we are getting closer....he he he, less than half the list left, so we will probably be done in a couple days, if all goes well!!! can't wait to start making, hooking and acquiring things for my partner!!!!!

check in later, gotta go.

I haven't heard from tonya either.  I hope she's ok.

Great news on the Free For All!  WooHoo,  I can't wait to get started!

Well hi y'all!

Won't be home tonite, so no crocheting, sniff sniff.......went to another thrift store hoping for another score...but nope! That's okay!

I have to run! I'll check in with y'all tomorrow!

kuddles

Just a quick hello while I'm waiting for the fireworks to begin. I'm spending a couple of days in Disney World with my daughters. We are having a ladies only trip and loving it. It's great having both of them all to myself.

Thank you AngelRoseLite for the gorgeous square, which arrived today with the yarn that both Katy and kuddles used and made me love! AngelRoseLite found some of this lovely discontinued yarn and sent it to me. :hug

post-54070-0-33509800-1366967899_thumb.jpg

I haven't received many squares for my ghan yet but just wanted to show you how it looks. This is going to be a yummy "chocolate" ghan. There are 2 more squares but they are in a moving box upstairs with all of Felicia's squares. :) I'm so glad I chose this colour scheme.

post-54070-0-66306200-1366968089_thumb.jpg

You ladies are fantastic! :hug:manyheart

Just a quick hello while I'm waiting for the fireworks to begin. I'm spending a couple of days in Disney World with my daughters. We are having a ladies only trip and loving it. It's great having both of them all to myself.

Oh so jealous! I still  hope someday I can afford to take Little K to Disney!

Thank you AngelRoseLite for the gorgeous square, which arrived today with the yarn that both Katy and kuddles used and made me love! AngelRoseLite found some of this lovely discontinued yarn and sent it to me. :hug

attachicon.gifIMG_0981.JPG

I haven't received many squares for my ghan yet but just wanted to show you how it looks. This is going to be a yummy "chocolate" ghan. There are 2 more squares but they are in a moving box upstairs with all of Felicia's squares. :) I'm so glad I chose this colour scheme.

attachicon.gifIMG_0985.JPG

So pretty! I love seeing my squares on here, makes me feel so good!

So glad it is Friday! Little K has insisted she has a sore throat. Got me up in the nite. However she doesn't have the 'strep' sound to her voice, her communion is Sunday and she is very nervous, so I think it is making her 'feel' like she has a sore throat. Sending her to school but keeping a close eye on it! Kids!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Emma...I love the afghan! What a great choice...

I'm exciting to get going on this new project....I"m scanning Raverly to find various squares and my library is full of fun ones!

Good Morning!!

Well my my so much to reply too, so little time, lol

First of all Beautiful square collection so far Emma, I see mine, he he he, got a couple more in my work basket and will send them out soon, when all this Free For All pairing up is done maybe.... I love that yarn too, don't have much left, or you would be welcome to it!

Nice of Angel, she is always doing nice things!!!

Kuddles, hope the little one gets better, even if it isn't strep, a throat hurts when a throat hurts, right...

Cshort, have a blast in Disney, give mickey a kiss for all of us!!!

And Paula , nice to see you posting now and then, check for that pm, I know it's coming soon!!!

I gotta say, we are rolling along pretty well, no big waits for someone to pm me their choice, seems like it has been going smoothly, lol I think we will be ready to go by May 1st....Yay!!

I will post more details before we begin our creating and when the final pairing is made.. So stay tuned cause it should happen soon!!!!           ok, Ill check in later!

Kuddles, I kinda remember my first communion.  I was the only little girl in a wheelchair that year, so I didn't have to wear that frilly little dress all the others did.  I wanted to walk down the aisle on my crutches but they said no, in case I fell.  I had two broken legs from a car accident that had happened about a month earlier.  In all my moving though, I think I lost my picture unless I gave it back to my mom. 

I have started working on the rug I am making.  Got almost all the brown done for the middle (you can tell this cord has been stored for a while and not wrapped, it is making my hands dirty!).  Once I am done with this I am  going to work on the yellow for the flower, and might even take some of the green and make some leaves on it.  Either that or take the green and make the hot pad trivets to set hot dishes on the table and counter when I am baking!  I have never created anything before freehand!  At least, not finished it!  I can't wait to get done and take a picture of it so I can show ya'll!  Yesterday I was even on Ebay looking for more of the macrame cord, thinking of making a bunch of rugs now!

Hope everyone is having good weather.  It is nice and sunny here, a little cold (probably in the 50's), no humidity (YEAH!)  Everyone have a blessed day and may yarn fall from Heaven for all!!!!

Howdy girls! Thanks for the kind thoughts for Little K....she def has a cold or bad allergies. I know it isn't strep, her voice sounds a certain way when she has it. Poor thing, sneezing and rubbing her eyes.......I just got over a cold a few days ago that lasted over two weeks, and mine started with the throat so......

Anywho, 67 in Chi Town today! Woot!

kuddles

attachicon.gifIMG_0981.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0985.JPG

That is going to be a gorgeous afghan.  You were so spot on in choosing those colors.  Maybe you can work some of the yarn I sent you into it.  You are very welcome.  Glad to help :)

Hey gals! Barnes and Noble is having a big 50% off sale on a bunch of craft books as a Mother's Day sale. I'm a member so I get free shipping. I bought 4 crochet books at that price! Just thought I'd be an enabler and let you know. Happy Mothers Day to ME!

It is gorgeous here! Remember I'm now in a trailer for my job but there is a small window about a foot from my desk and I opened it up and get to hear the sounds and enjoy some air! It is supposed to be almost 60 today and warming from there! SO happy spring has decided to show!

Later!

kuddles

Hey all! I'm still alive, things have just been pretty crazy. The little guy was out three days from daycare last week so Daddy Viking and I had lonnnnng days as we split our work hours up to always have one of us home with him. Then the weekend literally wore both of us out and I haven't had the energy to look at interactive things online. I'll get caught up soon, I promise!

I'm almost done with the second square for our April Queen and then that's it, I'm only gettin' two out of me this month. (When I say "almost done" I mean it's been sitting with two corners left to do since Sunday... it'll probably take me twenty minutes to finish it off, but can I bring myself to pick it up? Bleah! I considered sending it out as an octagon and pretending that it was a design feature... ;P) Maybe by the end of the week I'll have it.

AUGH! Wrote this last night and forgot to post it! You see how things have been? *facepalm*

Oh we all so understand! Hang tough!

kuddles

Hey all! I'm still alive, things have just been pretty crazy. The little guy was out three days from daycare last week so Daddy Viking and I had lonnnnng days as we split our work hours up to always have one of us home with him. Then the weekend literally wore both of us out and I haven't had the energy to look at interactive things online. I'll get caught up soon, I promise!

I'm almost done with the second square for our April Queen and then that's it, I'm only gettin' two out of me this month. (When I say "almost done" I mean it's been sitting with two corners left to do since Sunday... it'll probably take me twenty minutes to finish it off, but can I bring myself to pick it up? Bleah! I considered sending it out as an octagon and pretending that it was a design feature... ;P) Maybe by the end of the week I'll have it.

AUGH! Wrote this last night and forgot to post it! You see how things have been? *facepalm*

Afternoon all, can't type today, so watch for typos!! I have decided that we reallly do have only two seasons here in Omaha, winter, and road work!!!!!!! GRRRRRack! :eek  Not to mention of course, the roofing going on in the neighborhood from the hail damage, sheesh, 3 out of 4, hammer hammer, pound pound, big machinery, neigbor had a tree taken down yesterday Too!!! :ohdear

On a far better note, still moving along, a few names to go, can't wait to start in may!!!!!!!!! :yay

Sounds good about those books kuddles, gonna have to check online...... :clap

Snowflake, poor thing, both legs!! Would love to see you creations when they are done, so do post pics!! :cheer

Hi Vikingrunnergirl, lol we didn't forget you!! :hug

eveyone that hasn't heard from me yet, regarding thier picking their partner, heads up to check your pms often, it's been going rather quickly now, and whittling down the name list of available players, so keep checkin in.,,,, should be in the next two days, that everyone is PAIRED UP with their secret partner!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! :yay

ok thanks to all playing for such quick responses!! Love it when things to smoothly! lol :manyheart  :ghug

Hey guys, Been outside with the yard sale today. then me and hubby went and bought the kids new beds. found more stuff in the garage for the sale tomorrow. then we just sat on the swing and chatted a bit. just now getting in and getting settled. I did get a few squares made today for some lucky person

Getting ready to go "shopping" in my stash to make a few squares for my Free for All partner! I had a stressful end to my day, so crocheting is a must this evening!

Wow! So much to read through! I'll have to do that later though...

Sorry for being MIA for a while, I've had so much running to do, I've been spending most of my time online on my phone! Jazzie is doing good, as is my DS. I'm a little sick right now, mostly just sinuses and chest congestion. I haven't even had a chance to try and pick up hook lately! :cry  It saddens me...

I hope everyong is doing good and staying well! :hug s for all!!!

Sorry for being MIA for a while, I've had so much running to do, I've been spending most of my time online on my phone! Jazzie is doing good, as is my DS. I'm a little sick right now, mostly just sinuses and chest congestion. I haven't even had a chance to try and pick up hook lately! :cry  It saddens me...

Feel better!

kuddles

Howdy girls! Thanks for the kind thoughts for Little K....she def has a cold or bad allergies. I know it isn't strep, her voice sounds a certain way when she has it. Poor thing, sneezing and rubbing her eyes.......I just got over a cold a few days ago that lasted over two weeks, and mine started with the throat so......

Anywho, 67 in Chi Town today! Woot!

kuddles

Hugs for Little K and hope she feels better soon!  Enjoy that wonderful weather.  We're supposed to hit the 60's today too!  Woot!

Hey gals! Barnes and Noble is having a big 50% off sale on a bunch of craft books as a Mother's Day sale. I'm a member so I get free shipping. I bought 4 crochet books at that price! Just thought I'd be an enabler and let you know. Happy Mothers Day to ME!

It is gorgeous here! Remember I'm now in a trailer for my job but there is a small window about a foot from my desk and I opened it up and get to hear the sounds and enjoy some air! It is supposed to be almost 60 today and warming from there! SO happy spring has decided to show!

Later!

kuddles

Oh, you!  Now I'm going to have to go look, lol!  I love B&N!

Sure do understand :hug

eveyone that hasn't heard from me yet, regarding thier picking their partner, heads up to check your pms often, it's been going rather quickly now, and whittling down the name list of available players, so keep checkin in.,,,, should be in the next two days, that everyone is PAIRED UP with their secret partner!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! :yay

ok thanks to all playing for such quick responses!! Love it when things to smoothly! lol :manyheart  :ghug

WooHoo, we're almost there!  It's almost May!  I can hardly wait!

Feel better soon...

Happy Saturday everyone!! Saturday seems like a day to shop or run errands, maybe have lunch out with a friend or dd, lol so I think that is going to be my agenda, oh yes, and did I mention do a bit of housekeeping as well, but that will wait, it always does!! Well, if we haven't completed the  circle by the last day of April, I will either match the remaining players up myself, or, something, but  Im of course hoping I won't have to do anything, and the pms will start flying in this weekend!!! A handfull left ladies, so do watch your pms please and respond asap!! Gotta wrap this pairing thing up pretty soon. lol For the most part, going good, and I still haven't heard from tonyal,,,,,I do hope all is well, and she is still receiving her goodies!!  Foggy here till noon probably, but that won't stop me from doing what i need to do today, so hope all you are enjoying your weekend!!       check back later, hopefully with good news on the pairing ups!! he he he, no pressure though, ha ha ha!

Archived