Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, news here, everyone grab thier coffee, or diet coke, gather around, and get yourselves comfortable....I gotta sit near the door, so as to escape if necessary, a bit claustrophobic. lll (Hey seriously, when working, got me out of a ton of boring meetings, in short time!)

I changed my preferences....(Oh no, don't worry, what you have made if you made some already are still in the definition!! put down those rocks!!!)

Yep, decided any solid color square will work......that way, the brighter ones, I will use on the rainbow ghan, and the others, on a compainion piece, in softer colors perhaps....So any shade of any solid color, any pattern you like, 8 inches, I hope you aren't too upset with me now, lol I think it makes it easier, don't you?? (covers head and ducks!)

No news yet from our newest member that needs to choose, maybe she will get on this evening, after her job, if she works, and let me know who she is choosing!!! When i get a few more to cross off the list, I will edit it to reflect those that are left.ooooor just pm the one that is choosing the remaining players, and let her pick from them, now theres an idea. :idea .Just another reason ladies, to watch your pm's!! Im thinking we will be all done and paired up BEFORE the deadline of May first!!! yay......It's really not that difficult or confusing, I have it all worked out, lol long before I proposed it, he he he, i too, like to work ahead!!! Thanks all that have so far chosen , and those that are participating, and in such good time too! I hope it all goes quickly!

I LOVE sunflowers! Go for it and I want to see a pic of that rug!

Yeah, glad it got warmer up there for you! 

I had yesterday off, but guess where I was? LOL.  Working for the church!!!  But, it was nice and sunny here, but wonder what is going on with me.  Maybe instead of having hot flashes right now, I am having freezing flashes.  I swear I have had a fever the last several days, but it hasn't been an all day thing.  Shoot, it was in the 70s here Sunday and I had the heat on!!!!  Yesterday I had goosebumps and was freezing, and I am hardly ever cold. When I lived up north I used to stand outside without a coat in the winter as well as run outside with no shoes on.  Could explain why I was sick all the time!!!

I finally figured out what I am going to do with the macrame cord I have (I have lots of it!).  My kitchen is sunflowers and I have some golden yellow color, about the same color as the sunflower, so I am crocheting a rug to put in front of my sink with it.  My bathroom is green and I have some green as well, so might go ahead and  make the rugs for that as well instead of going out and buying some!  It is heavier than most string/yarn and will hold up longer, so I figured why not?!  I am actually doing a triangle granny for the kitchen. 

Any one else have pages on FB that they need liked?  I will share the pages with my friends and hopefully ya'll will get more likes!!!  good luck to all who have pages and are making stuff as part of their business.  Someday.......lol!

Have a blessed day everyone and happy hooking!!!!

Hi Ann! Thanks.....my boss took me to Chili's (my choice) and I had chicken and then splurged on the brownie alamode and ate every bite! YUMMO!!!

Hi everyone!  I'm getting a late start.  My day started out with an early morning visit to my rheumatologist.  Boy, did I ever want to sleep in this morning, lol.  Oh well, I don't have to go back to him for 3 more weeks, and he's a nice man so I shouldn't complain.  He helps me a lot.  I have a question for all of you...I'm thinking of making an afghan for my nephew and his girlfriend.  There are so many patterns out there that my head is spinning!  I was thinking of maybe, hmm, I think it's called the flannelghan by RoseRed?  Has anyone made it?  Is it easy?  I saw that JoAnn's has RH with Love on sale this week for $3.99 a skein.  I love that yarn and if I can get the colors I want (probably red and black) that might work.  Any other suggestions for patterns?  Free would be best, lol.  Thanks and have a great day everyone!      

Oh no, not again! I sure do hope it warms up for you soon! :hug

I'm glad that at least you got sunshine.  It is raw and dreary here today.  I froze going to my dr's appt! Brrr!  Hope you enjoyed your lunch with the boss.  It's always nice when you get some recognition from them. 

Ohhh, that's a great idea to use the macrame cord for!  I hope you share pics with us!  Your kitchen must be so pretty,  I love sunflowers!

I'm still checking in!  so the thought occured to me, this is going to take several days or more to get through everyone, right?  When we are notified how will we know who is left to choose from?  Yeah, my brain just keeps on spinning, lol!  Tell me to be quiet and I will, lol.  :lol

Hi everyone!  I'm getting a late start.  My day started out with an early morning visit to my rheumatologist.  Boy, did I ever want to sleep in this morning, lol.  Oh well, I don't have to go back to him for 3 more weeks, and he's a nice man so I shouldn't complain.  He helps me a lot.  I have a question for all of you...I'm thinking of making an afghan for my nephew and his girlfriend.  There are so many patterns out there that my head is spinning!  I was thinking of maybe, hmm, I think it's called the flannelghan by RoseRed?  Has anyone made it?  Is it easy?  I saw that JoAnn's has RH with Love on sale this week for $3.99 a skein.  I love that yarn and if I can get the colors I want (probably red and black) that might work.  Any other suggestions for patterns?  Free would be best, lol.  Thanks and have a great day everyone!      

I didn't know that JoAnn's had RH With Love on sale! I ADORE that yarn, and only wish they had about 50 more colors available! I have a gift card, so I may have to break my "no more yarn" rule to go grab a few skeins :)

I just sent you a friendship request on FB.  I just have a page there too, nothing fancy.  I couldn't believe it, they wanted to charge me a dollar to send you a message on there because we weren't connected!  Are they nuts!

Am I not worth a dollar?   LOL

Morning! It's Hump Day! We made it!

More rain expected around here but the weekend looks nice!

Finished a square last nite and started another. Can you say Crazy Square Lady?

Well, off to get to work. Have a great day all!

kuddles

This day is not turning out so great!  We are having severe storms, I had just pulled up this forum and BAM!  The electricity went out!!!  Thankfully it came back on, but still, thought I wasn't gonna be able to check out what is happening in crochetland!!!

I was working on the rug and realized, I don't have enough to make a rug the size I want in the yellow...so I have to decide what color do I want to do on the outside of the yellow.  I think I have brown, or I can do green.  If I would have thunk it, I should have done brown in the middle and then the yellow on the outside and made it round.  Maybe I will FROG this and do just that!!!  Shoot, I might figure out how to make the yellow into petals for the flower!!!  My mind is turning!!!!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

hello all, still awaiting reply from our last chosen name as to her pick!! (Chewing my nails now, we're wasting time!) ha ha, I pm'd her again, hope she gets online today, and checks those pms, or worst case senario, we skip her name, the last one that chose her chooses again, and we are set back by one, but  moving forward, if you know what I mean, lol

Sunshiney day, gonna be a nice one out today, gotta get the ball rollin, got things to do, places to go,a nd people to see!!! Ill check in and check Free for All status this aft!!          see ya then!!

Raining & much cooler today than it has been the past few. I have plenty to do and I've dallied around long enough this morning. Hope everyone has a wonderful day, no matter the weather! :hug 

Oh no, not again! I sure do hope it warms up for you soon! :hug

I'm glad that at least you got sunshine.  It is raw and dreary here today.  I froze going to my dr's appt! Brrr!  Hope you enjoyed your lunch with the boss.  It's always nice when you get some recognition from them. 

Ohhh, that's a great idea to use the macrame cord for!  I hope you share pics with us!  Your kitchen must be so pretty,  I love sunflowers!

I'm still checking in!  so the thought occured to me, this is going to take several days or more to get through everyone, right?  When we are notified how will we know who is left to choose from?  Yeah, my brain just keeps on spinning, lol!  Tell me to be quiet and I will, lol.  :lol

Well I was going to make a suggestion, but I can't for the life of me find the pattern that I'm making for my brother.  I wanted something "manly" that I hope he will like.  My brother has Crohn's pretty bad, and he spends a lot of time in his bed.  He has rheumatoid arthritis from it, and some days, it's pretty hard for him to walk.  He's only 30. The afghan is almost finished.  I have 4 more squares to add to it, and it will be done.  I've been putting them together as I go along, except for the last 4 I've made.

I've had a pretty good week.  I'm down 21lbs (only 77 more to go :)) and I've started running, and it's going much better than I anticipated. I still hate running though :)

Today, I have to take my pug back to the vet.  She is diabetic, but the last few times they've checked her sugar levels, they've been really low, so we've been cutting back on her dosage.  I'm hoping she may soon be completely off of the insulin.  She's lost some weight, and doing better than she was.  She's been going every other week for the last 6 to have it checked.  So we will see what they say today. 

Lacey, I LOVE your afghan!   I love the colors.  I have an afghan in storage that's in those colors.  It's half finished, and I'm hoping that by this summer, we will be in our own home and I can get it out and work on it some more. 

Can't wait for the Free For All to start!!

post-54847-0-76871900-1366820493_thumb.jpg

post-54847-0-32937600-1366820554_thumb.jpg

Hi all!  Another late start.  DH drove me to the DMV to get my ID renewed, but that didn't happen.  The line was out the door!  We had to get back home in time for my medical supply delivery so we couldn't hang out there all day.  But he did take me to JoAnns!  I was dissappointed in there small assortment of colors available in the RH w/Love, and after adding up the cost for this ghan anyway, I decided to go with RHSS which was on sale also.  Their assortment was small also, but they did have just enough cherry red and black.  Oh, I've decided to make the flannelghan.  I saw a couple other patterns that really caught my eye, but hubby thought that the flannelghan would fit my nephew's personality better. Sooooo.....I'll just have to make the others for some other reason later on, lol!

Hi Ann! Thanks.....my boss took me to Chili's (my choice) and I had chicken and then splurged on the brownie alamode and ate every bite! YUMMO!!!

Mmmm, sounds like a wonderful lunch, especially the dessert, lol.

I didn't know that JoAnn's had RH With Love on sale! I ADORE that yarn, and only wish they had about 50 more colors available! I have a gift card, so I may have to break my "no more yarn" rule to go grab a few skeins :)

It's the perfect time to break that rule.  I mean, how can you resist, lol.

Am I not worth a dollar?   LOL

Oh, of course you are! However I am fed up with FB's crazy rules and the way they change them all the time.  I'm too cheap to pay for sending messages too, lol. Sorry.

Morning! It's Hump Day! We made it!

More rain expected around here but the weekend looks nice!

Finished a square last nite and started another. Can you say Crazy Square Lady?

Well, off to get to work. Have a great day all!

kuddles

WTG on the squares! You're really on a role!

This day is not turning out so great!  We are having severe storms, I had just pulled up this forum and BAM!  The electricity went out!!!  Thankfully it came back on, but still, thought I wasn't gonna be able to check out what is happening in crochetland!!!

I was working on the rug and realized, I don't have enough to make a rug the size I want in the yellow...so I have to decide what color do I want to do on the outside of the yellow.  I think I have brown, or I can do green.  If I would have thunk it, I should have done brown in the middle and then the yellow on the outside and made it round.  Maybe I will FROG this and do just that!!!  Shoot, I might figure out how to make the yellow into petals for the flower!!!  My mind is turning!!!!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

I'm sure that it will be beautiful whatever you decide.

Well I was going to make a suggestion, but I can't for the life of me find the pattern that I'm making for my brother.  I wanted something "manly" that I hope he will like.  My brother has Crohn's pretty bad, and he spends a lot of time in his bed.  He has rheumatoid arthritis from it, and some days, it's pretty hard for him to walk.  He's only 30. The afghan is almost finished.  I have 4 more squares to add to it, and it will be done.  I've been putting them together as I go along, except for the last 4 I've made.

I've had a pretty good week.  I'm down 21lbs (only 77 more to go :)) and I've started running, and it's going much better than I anticipated. I still hate running though :)

Today, I have to take my pug back to the vet.  She is diabetic, but the last few times they've checked her sugar levels, they've been really low, so we've been cutting back on her dosage.  I'm hoping she may soon be completely off of the insulin.  She's lost some weight, and doing better than she was.  She's been going every other week for the last 6 to have it checked.  So we will see what they say today. 

Lacey, I LOVE your afghan!   I love the colors.  I have an afghan in storage that's in those colors.  It's half finished, and I'm hoping that by this summer, we will be in our own home and I can get it out and work on it some more. 

Can't wait for the Free For All to start!!

Thanks for thinking of me.  I'm pretty sure I'm going with the flannelghan.  At least that's what I bought the yarn for, lol.  Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes for your little pug.  I hope she can get off her insulin.  Oh, your afghans are gorgeous!

OOOh Pretty ghans up there! 

Glad to see everyone is out and about on such a nice day, least it is here.... Stopped by HobbyLobby and poked around a bit, the yarn is still a bit low, but more of the ILTY than redheart these days. I like the way red heart withstands washing and never tried ILTY by washing it yet, but love working with it, it's so soft! So,,,,,,got a little of each, lol my stash was feeling lonely, needed new friends to keep it happy!!!

Ok, since this selection process seems to be going so slow, and we have a dead line by May, I am going to start on the other end of my list, and do some dual pm'ing to have people pick, maybe then it will go a bit faster!  So, will do that in a minute! It's not anyone's fault, its just the process is a back and forth thing, and that takes time away too, so no worries, we will get this done by May, I just know it.....

what else, nothing much else to pass on, so will leave you now, and go and pick a name to chose a partner from the opposite side of the master list, lol Thanks all, for playing,and having this go pretty smoothly!!

catch ya later on this evening!

Sounds good katie!

So.......I went to a local thrift shop on lunch and scored some vintage crochet booklets! One is leisure arts full of afghan squares! Woot! Spent 4 bucks and got I think 7 items! I was in heaven!

Homework time! Gotta go!

kuddles

OOOh Pretty ghans up there! 

Glad to see everyone is out and about on such a nice day, least is is here.... Stopped by HobbyLobby and poked around a bit, the yarn is still a bit low, but more of the ILTY than redheart these days. I like the way red heart withstands washing and never tried ILTY by washing it yet, but love working with it, it's so soft! So,,,,,,got a little of each, lol my stast was feeling lonely, needed new friends to keep it happy!!!

Ok, since this selection process seems to be going so slow, and we have a dead line by May, I am going to start on the other end of my list, and do some dual pm'ing to have people pick, maybe then it will go a bit faster!  So, will do that in a minute! It's not anyone's fault, its just the process is a back and forth thing, and that takes time away too, so no worries, we will get this done by May, I just know it.....

what else, nothing much else to pass on, so will leave you now, and go and pick a name to chose a partner from the opposite side of the master list, lol Thanks all, for playing,and having this go pretty smoothly!!

catch ya later on this evening!

Sounds like a good plan to me!  I'll try to pop back in before going to bed, but my head is aching, might not make it back til the morning.  If so, I wish you all a wonderful night.

Sounds good katie!

So.......I went to a local thrift shop on lunch and scored some vintage crochet booklets! One is leisure arts full of afghan squares! Woot! Spent 4 bucks and got I think 7 items! I was in heaven!

Homework time! Gotta go!

kuddles

Wootie Woot Woot! Why don't I ever find good stuff like that at the thrift store? LOL

ohhhh kuddles, yummy!!! what fun finding something we really will treasure! I feel elated if I find a skein or two of yarn at a thrift store, lol but books and leaflets, even better, well ok no, I guess it's even, lol.....

Lie down grannyannie, let your head rest, we will see you in the am sometime, don't worry, we'll be here!!

Sure sounds like you scored good Kuddles...I haven't been in a thrift shop in a while, I'll have to bribe my daughter to take me to one...We used to go all the time when we went out...I'd tell her I was just looking and naturally I'd see a bunch of stuff I just couldn't live without...I'd joke with her and tell her it was just more for her to sort through when I die...

The weather here has been nice and cool in the morning but it heats up by 1PM....I have to fight with myself to keep from turning on the A/C...Have a feeling it is gonna be a long hot summer...Sure hope we don't get hit by a hurricane this year...I see that there are 19 predicted hurricanes, 4 of which will be major ones... :eek

Yowza, that many hurricanes!! I wonder when they will start naming tornados now, that's what we have in my neck of the wood, sometimes..

OH, Im tired, I think Im going to bed soon, so you all have a great rest of your evening, and morning comes, Ill see ya here!

Well howdy all!

I'm so glad it is Thursday! Very busy at work but makes the day go quicker!

Thanks for all the kudos on my thrift shop haul!

Well gotta get moving......to drink my coffee!

kuddles

Off today and was so hoping to sleep in in but NOPE. The dogs woke me up earlier then I normally get up cause they heard the kids leaving for school.  The festival starts this weekend. tomorrow and saturday is the town wide yard sales. I am Holding the church yardsale in my front yard. So we are moving everything over here this afternoon. at 230 I have to go give blood. Plus my daughter volunteered me to sew, take in, 15 shirts for the color guard. It is the shirts that they will be wearing for the pegasus parade.

side note, Thursday May 2nd @ 5 pm, Not sure what station, The pegasus parade will be aired on national tv. Look for Orleans Bulldog Regiment. I have a girl in color guard and 2 boys on drums. One on bass and one on tenor.

I also have 2 shifts to work in the bands food wagon this Monday and Thursday. All this and I still have regular work and church obligations. 

Shew. gonna be a busy week.

I always go to the thrift shops looking for yarn but never seem to find any, I never thought about looking for books!!!  I need to check that out! 

I need to see how many of those hurricanes are predicted for this area, hopefully NONE!  LOL  I know, that is not likely to happen.  Last year I got to experience one hurricane, and thank goodness it was just a category 1 by the time it hit land!  Everyone was freaking out, and I was experiencing such peace!  To me, it was no worse than some of the snowstorms I have experienced up in northern Indiana!

Coming up soon we are having our town yard sale, I don't know exactly what date it will be.  I think this year I am going to go about looking and see if any one has yarn or crochet books available!  I will have to let ya'll know if I score anything!

Have a great day all!!!  Be blessed!

good morning all,just a quick Hello

its been a busy morning already,reassuring mil that she lives with us,and that she has no worries,such as bills or an apt. or house that she left behind,then the other is helping with sil 's feeding tube,so at this time have felt like a full day's work already,lol

Katy, Living in south central Indiana I know what u mean by Tornadoes. we live in Tornado alley. Not to far from Henryville. they got hit hard last year. First Tornado i can remember I was still riding a tricycle

I hear y a, last one that really did a lot of damage here, was 1975, I remember getting in the basement!! skipped over us, and hit just blocks away though, we heard it, does sound like a train!

Well howdy all!

I'm so glad it is Thursday! Very busy at work but makes the day go quicker!

Thanks for all the kudos on my thrift shop haul!

Well gotta get moving......to drink my coffee!

kuddles

Hi ya!!!!

Off today and was so hoping to sleep in in but NOPE. The dogs woke me up earlier then I normally get up cause they heard the kids leaving for school.  The festival starts this weekend. tomorrow and saturday is the town wide yard sales. I am Holding the church yardsale in my front yard. So we are moving everything over here this afternoon. at 230 I have to go give blood. Plus my daughter volunteered me to sew, take in, 15 shirts for the color guard. It is the shirts that they will be wearing for the pegasus parade.

side note, Thursday May 2nd @ 5 pm, Not sure what station, The pegasus parade will be aired on national tv. Look for Orleans Bulldog Regiment. I have a girl in color guard and 2 boys on drums. One on bass and one on tenor.

I also have 2 shifts to work in the bands food wagon this Monday and Thursday. All this and I still have regular work and church obligations. 

Shew. gonna be a busy week.

wow! I remember those days, always running to daughters performances, and parades, lol You will live through it  but it's brutal scheduling at times!! Good Luck!

good morning all,just a quick Hello

its been a busy morning already,reassuring mil that she lives with us,and that she has no worries,such as bills or an apt. or house that she left behind,then the other is helping with sil 's feeding tube,so at this time have felt like a full day's work already,lol

aw, and it's only morning for you when you wrote this!!!! Nap time in your schedule today????

Archived