Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL  We are already friends!!!  It is Lisa Anointedforgodsuse Nisley!

HAHA Wonderful.

Howdy everyone!  Another chilly, but sunny day here.  I wish that I could get outside for a bit, but my body isn't cooperating.  It's a day of rest and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!  WooHoo! our Free for All name drawing starts today!  Good luck keeping track of everthing Katie! I'm glad it isn't me, lol. (and all of you should be too, lol).  I'll be waiting for my e mail.  I think I'll go look at the list and try to figure out who I'd like to pick! That's going to be hard!

Hi Tif!  It's so good to see you and congrats on the business!  I'm pretty sure that I've already liked you FB page, but I'll check to make sure.  I can't remember anything these days, lol.

You'll get there, hang in!  I'll go like yours before I leave too.

Ohh, I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you guys. 

Wow, that's going to be beautiful!

thanks for visiting and liking

Hi, ladies!  Tiffer and dragnlady, I've liked your pages :)  Skoggy, being old friends ;) I liked yours when you created it.

Kuddles, I am sorry for you and Little K.  I hope you find a kitty that's a better match and that Bandit finds a place it likes :hug

Have a great day, gals :)

Thanks Angel. 

Anyone who wants more audience for their crafting page or just a new friend let me know

wheels are in motion, we are awaiting our second player to confirm her choice!!

Raining all day, cold and wet, good day to stay in, and crochet.I worked on typing up some lose ends, using up small amounts of yarn, and planning a trip on a better day to renew some staple colors in you guessed it, yarn!! Any one need anything, lol did I just ask that, wow, Im going to be bombarded!! Well dancing is on, it's my one guilty tv pleasure, so will sign off for now, and check in a bit later! Have a good evening everyone! :heart

wheels are in motion, we are awaiting our second player to confirm her choice!!

Raining all day, cold and wet, good day to stay in, and crochet.I worked on typing up some lose ends, using up small amounts of yarn, and planning a trip on a better day to renew some staple colors in you guessed it, yarn!! Any one need anything, lol did I just ask that, wow, Im going to be bombarded!! Well dancing is on, it's my one guilty tv pleasure, so will sign off for now, and check in a bit later! Have a good evening everyone! :heart

Exciting! Can't wait till I can play along!

:blink  finally moved!! 

Hugs!

Guess what!!  It's snowing.....again!    :flake  :flake  :flake  :flake  :flake  :flake       

Yikes!

Morning all!

Made it to the upper 60s and sunny here in Chicagoland so Little K and I walked after work/school. Felt good!

I was too tired to crochet last nite which takes a lot! Tonite I hope to finish up a square I'm working on from one of the Ravelry groups....then back to more squares for my friends here! I've already got Katie's done for June Square!

Have a great day all! My boss is taking me to lunch a day early for admin appreciation day!

Kuddles

Morning all!

Made it to the upper 60s and sunny here in Chicagoland so Little K and I walked after work/school. Felt good!

I was too tired to crochet last nite which takes a lot! Tonite I hope to finish up a square I'm working on from one of the Ravelry groups....then back to more squares for my friends here! I've already got Katie's done for June Square!

Have a great day all! My boss is taking me to lunch a day early for admin appreciation day!

Kuddles

Yeah, glad it got warmer up there for you! 

I had yesterday off, but guess where I was? LOL.  Working for the church!!!  But, it was nice and sunny here, but wonder what is going on with me.  Maybe instead of having hot flashes right now, I am having freezing flashes.  I swear I have had a fever the last several days, but it hasn't been an all day thing.  Shoot, it was in the 70s here Sunday and I had the heat on!!!!  Yesterday I had goosebumps and was freezing, and I am hardly ever cold. When I lived up north I used to stand outside without a coat in the winter as well as run outside with no shoes on.  Could explain why I was sick all the time!!!

I finally figured out what I am going to do with the macrame cord I have (I have lots of it!).  My kitchen is sunflowers and I have some golden yellow color, about the same color as the sunflower, so I am crocheting a rug to put in front of my sink with it.  My bathroom is green and I have some green as well, so might go ahead and  make the rugs for that as well instead of going out and buying some!  It is heavier than most string/yarn and will hold up longer, so I figured why not?!  I am actually doing a triangle granny for the kitchen. 

Any one else have pages on FB that they need liked?  I will share the pages with my friends and hopefully ya'll will get more likes!!!  good luck to all who have pages and are making stuff as part of their business.  Someday.......lol!

Have a blessed day everyone and happy hooking!!!!

Hey, good to hear you got moved, how do you like your new digs!!

:blink  finally moved!! 

snow this late is totally reeeee diculous, lol,

Guess what!!  It's snowing.....again!   

you move fast mary ann! lol Have a great lunch!!

Morning all!

Kuddles

I had yesterday off, but guess where I was? LOL.  Working for the church!!!  But, it was nice and sunny here, but wonder what is going on with me.  Maybe instead of having hot flashes right now, I am having freezing flashes.  I swear I have had a fever the last several days, but it hasn't been an all day thing.  Shoot, it was in the 70s here Sunday and I had the heat on!!!!  Yesterday I had goosebumps and was freezing, and I am hardly ever cold. When I lived up north I used to stand outside without a coat in the winter as well as run outside with no shoes on.  Could explain why I was sick all the time!!!

I finally figured out what I am going to do with the macrame cord I have (I have lots of it!).  My kitchen is sunflowers and I have some golden yellow color, about the same color as the sunflower, so I am crocheting a rug to put in front of my sink with it.  My bathroom is green and I have some green as well, so might go ahead and  make the rugs for that as well instead of going out and buying some!  It is heavier than most string/yarn and will hold up longer, so I figured why not?!  I am actually doing a triangle granny for the kitchen. 

Any one else have pages on FB that they need liked?  I will share the pages with my friends and hopefully ya'll will get more likes!!!  good luck to all who have pages and are making stuff as part of their business.  Someday.......lol!

oh that sounds adorable, do show a pic of the rugs when completed!!

Still moving along on the Free FOr All, seems to running pretty good, sure hope we can get paired up by May, so do continue to read your pm's daily please for news !t Might be you that gets chosen next!! Ill check in around n oon if possible, and till then, have a great morning!

Hi everyone!  I'm getting a late start.  My day started out with an early morning visit to my rheumatologist.  Boy, did I ever want to sleep in this morning, lol.  Oh well, I don't have to go back to him for 3 more weeks, and he's a nice man so I shouldn't complain.  He helps me a lot.  I have a question for all of you...I'm thinking of making an afghan for my nephew and his girlfriend.  There are so many patterns out there that my head is spinning!  I was thinking of maybe, hmm, I think it's called the flannelghan by RoseRed?  Has anyone made it?  Is it easy?  I saw that JoAnn's has RH with Love on sale this week for $3.99 a skein.  I love that yarn and if I can get the colors I want (probably red and black) that might work.  Any other suggestions for patterns?  Free would be best, lol.  Thanks and have a great day everyone!      

Guess what!!  It's snowing.....again!                    

Oh no, not again! I sure do hope it warms up for you soon! :hug

Morning all!

Kuddles

I'm glad that at least you got sunshine.  It is raw and dreary here today.  I froze going to my dr's appt! Brrr!  Hope you enjoyed your lunch with the boss.  It's always nice when you get some recognition from them. 

Ohhh, that's a great idea to use the macrame cord for!  I hope you share pics with us!  Your kitchen must be so pretty,  I love sunflowers!

Still moving along on the Free FOr All, seems to running pretty good, sure hope we can get paired up by May, so do continue to read your pm's daily please for news !t Might be you that gets chosen next!! Ill check in around n oon if possible, and till then, have a great morning!

I'm still checking in!  so the thought occured to me, this is going to take several days or more to get through everyone, right?  When we are notified how will we know who is left to choose from?  Yeah, my brain just keeps on spinning, lol!  Tell me to be quiet and I will, lol.  :lol

Hi everyone!  I'm getting a late start.  My day started out with an early morning visit to my rheumatologist.  Boy, did I ever want to sleep in this morning, lol.  Oh well, I don't have to go back to him for 3 more weeks, and he's a nice man so I shouldn't complain.  He helps me a lot.  I have a question for all of you...I'm thinking of making an afghan for my nephew and his girlfriend.  There are so many patterns out there that my head is spinning!  I was thinking of maybe, hmm, I think it's called the flannelghan by RoseRed?  Has anyone made it?  Is it easy?  I saw that JoAnn's has RH with Love on sale this week for $3.99 a skein.  I love that yarn and if I can get the colors I want (probably red and black) that might work.  Any other suggestions for patterns?  Free would be best, lol.  Thanks and have a great day everyone!      

Oh no, not again! I sure do hope it warms up for you soon! :hug

i have a bunch of afghan patterns that were free and a few ebooks of afghans that r free.  let me go through them see what i can find. have you seen the never ending granny square. it can be made of 2 or 5 or 7 colors

I will definitely upload some pics of my rug when I am done.  I haven't figured out what to do with the other colors.  I have burgundy, navy blue and black.  I think I have some brown and my livingroom is brown, maybe I will  make two small rugs, one for my couch and one for the loveseat.  I could always make a mat to put beside my front door to put my shoes on when it rains.  No sense tracking red mud through the house!  I also have thougth about making some small trivets to place hot dishes on for the table. We will see what the creative side of me goes towards!!!

I am with you grannieannie!  Free is my second best friend!  Jesus is my first!  Hope you find an afghan patterns that really catches you and you just know that is the one to make!

i have a bunch of afghan patterns that were free and a few ebooks of afghans that r free.  let me go through them see what i can find. have you seen the never ending granny square. it can be made of 2 or 5 or 7 colors

I love that pattern, looks so easy!  That is kinda the base for the afghan I had started.  I do granny, then when I switch colors I just dc through, when I go back to the original color, I went back to granny.  Something different!!

In answer to those questions grannyannie asked, you won't know, if someone chooses a name that has already been chosen, I will know, and give them another guess....I can't revise the list of the names daily, or people will know whom chose whom, but I will do it say, after 7 or so, then it is anybody's guess as to who chose them, lol....Yes, process is taking a few days, hope we are done pairing up by May 1st, as that is the goal!!! thanks ann  for the questions!! Hope I answered them for ya!

Hi Ann! :waving:hug Here is my favorite 'go-to' afghan pattern: 

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dainty-textured-baby-blanket

And a pic of one that I made with a matching pair of booties last summer. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=437310416279074&set=a.388878657788917.98426.388864354457014&type=3&theater

You can easily do this blanket in a variety of colors/patterns. I love this site for coming up with random stripes: 

http://www.biscuitsandjam.com/stripe_maker.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=437310416279074&set=a.388878657788917.98426.388864354457014&type=3&theater

You can easily do this blanket in a variety of colors/patterns. I love this site for coming up with random stripes: 

Is the baby blanket stitch the sc, dc in a stitch?  It looks like the stitch I used for the pattern I made for the car seat tent.  It works up so quickly and, as you said, makes a nice texture.  The last link is a new one for me.  Thanks so much for sharing it!

Is the baby blanket stitch the sc, dc in a stitch?  It looks like the stitch I used for the pattern I made for the car seat tent.  It works up so quickly and, as you said, makes a nice texture.  The last link is a new one for me.  Thanks so much for sharing it!

The stitch is sc, dc, but they are done in separate stitches instead of the same... sc, then dc in next st... on the next row this is reversed. It works up quickly (made that one in just one day). Since I have found that stripe generator it's my first stop when I want something with stripes. LOVE it! 

Oh, no!  I hope you loooooove snow so it's not so bad.  :-)

Actually, I do love snow.  I am originally from Minnesota.  I just don't like the other idiots that are driving in it at the same time that I am.

Thank you!  You know, I had totally forgotten about the Never Ending Granny Square!  That is a possibility!  I haven't made it in ages, but it's a wonderful pattern.

I will definitely upload some pics of my rug when I am done.  I haven't figured out what to do with the other colors.  I have burgundy, navy blue and black.  I think I have some brown and my livingroom is brown, maybe I will  make two small rugs, one for my couch and one for the loveseat.  I could always make a mat to put beside my front door to put my shoes on when it rains.  No sense tracking red mud through the house!  I also have thougth about making some small trivets to place hot dishes on for the table. We will see what the creative side of me goes towards!!!

I am with you grannieannie!  Free is my second best friend!  Jesus is my first!  Hope you find an afghan patterns that really catches you and you just know that is the one to make!

Can't wait to see your pics.  You're going to be busy for a while though, lol.  I'm sure that I will find the right pattern.  I will have guidance ;) .

In answer to those questions grannyannie asked, you won't know, if someone chooses a name that has already been chosen, I will know, and give them another guess....I can't revise the list of the names daily, or people will know whom chose whom, but I will do it say, after 7 or so, then it is anybody's guess as to who chose them, lol....Yes, process is taking a few days, hope we are done pairing up by May 1st, as that is the goal!!! thanks ann  for the questions!! Hope I answered them for ya!

Thanks for answering my questions.  It could be a long agonizing wait for some of us! :lol   You, dear lady have a very difficult job ahead of you and deserve the title of biggest square in June!  I hope you get bombarded with squares (and maybe a few goodies)! You're probably going to want to sleep through it! :lol

Have you checked free-crochet.com alot of my patterns are from there. my favs are the Autumn chevorn  and the Autumn square.

Thanks for the heads up.  I haven't been there for a while.  Actually, I haven't been cruising around much since CPC changed hands.  That just really put me in sort of a funk.  I used to have a Sat. routine, get up, grab a cuppa, visit here, then Rav, then CPC, then, the "others", :lol Now, I'm lucky to get here in the AM. :reyes

Awww, that's really pretty and I love the one you made, but I think it's a bit too frilly for my nephew.  I definitely want to make it for the next baby that comes along though!  For some reason I have red and black in my head for colors that he would like.  I think his girlfriend would like them too.  They just bought a house and have nothing.  They're slowly furnishing it.  I figured I can at least help them to stay warm, lol!  Oh, that stripe maker site looks great!  Thanks for the link!

I have a Facebook page, but it's just my page, not some fancy blogs like the others.  You (and anyone else) can be my friend if you want to......https://www.facebook.com/laurie.leal.5?ref=tn_tnmn

I have a Facebook page, but it's just my page, not some fancy blogs like the others.  You (and anyone else) can be my friend if you want to......https://www.facebook.com/laurie.leal.5?ref=tn_tnmn

I just sent you a friendship request on FB.  I just have a page there too, nothing fancy.  I couldn't believe it, they wanted to charge me a dollar to send you a message on there because we weren't connected!  Are they nuts!

Archived