Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

WOW, my internet has been down since yesterday sometime, and sheesh, lots to read!!! Seems there is a mutiny going on with this june thing, LOL I was launging so hard at Bgs comments, what a nut....I don't know, I guess, I will go along with anything you all chose, lol, but someoe else count the votes!! Im too partial, lol... If it turns out to be the case, I will accept said honor with whatever grace I can muster, without stammering and stuttering or fainting, lol.............

Im glad to have access to the internet again, that was tough, sheesh,decided today, that if it wasn't up by this aft, I would have to go to the library, sign on, and check our thread!!!!!!!!!! Im glad it's back up, they are putting us on a new grid, faster internet, they say, but isn't the internet only as fast as the computer you are using??? I dunno, I plead guilty on computer illiteracy, for sure!

I will check with all of you kind and wonderful squares, again later this aft. till then, always remember, in the words of some great gal that wrote a great  crochet how to book,that i have referenced several times, and can't remember the author, once said something like.........

three things about crochet to remember,

1. You put the hook in somewhere,

2. You wrap the yarn around something

3. You take the hook out of somewhere!

or something to that effect!!!!!!!!!            memory, long or short term both seem to.....uh,  what was I saying again......humm.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hEY DRAGNLADY5, I JUST NOTICED YOU ARE FROM INDIANA?  WHERE ABOUTS?  GOD BLESS YOU!

South Central.  Orleans to be precise but most don't know where that is.. shoot i didnt know where it was till shortly before i moved here. lol

Not trying to hijack the thread but I nominate katyallen8090 to be our June's Biggest Square in honor of her one year anniversary of saving this CAL.  She started the Biggest Square of the Month, has sent out many many squares, keeps the list in order, is involved in multiple charity projects and is just a nice person to know.  I move that we shower her with squares for her current project along with a card of thanks and or a small token of appreciation.   Anyone second that motion?   and if we get a second all in favor say aye.

Let's just make it so!

Whatever number I am, I quadruple that motion or whatever it may be :)

It's soooo windy today.  I like that it's sunny yet crisp.  There are those sudden moments, though, that there's a huge gust that slams against the western wall of where I live.  It happens to be the same wall and window right by my laptops.  It's distracting me!  I'm blaming the wind for not getting that much work done  ;)

Okay I think the June Square is decided! So Katie, you do still want 8 inchers that are all one color, yes? Or are you open to a few colors together as long as they are the ones you listed?

Please clarify so I can get started! I want to bombard you in June!

kuddles

Well it looks like everyone is in favor of Katie being our June Biggest Square so there is nothing left for Katie to do but to gracefully accept the crown for June and to let us know what squares she is wanting-------last time I checked it was for 8 inch squares in red, orange, green, yellow, purple, or blue,(think bright rainbow) only one color in a square (Katie please let us know if that is still what you want).

Now with all the excitement don't forget you need to find a suitable May Biggest Square.

yes'm. I will accept when the time comes, I will be thrilled,  thank you for the nomination!! :ghug   and yes, you have those colors correct, all solid colors, red, yellow, purple, green, orange,and blue, in  any patterns, I have currently received 6 out of 20 to date. It will be an honor to wear the crown all june!!

Yes, then for  May, maybe we'll do the free for all!! that way everybody that wants to play, will get a square!I haven't worked it all out yet, but here's what I have so far, and hope to move it to may, or July, at the latest.... Its just ideas for now, nothing set in stone, and don't feel you HAVE to go along with it ,if you really would prefer not to do this,  its just an idea for now.

Il would put out pm's or emails to all on the current list. Those that want to play free for all, will pm me. When everyone that wants in, is in, say in a week, close the list, and then I will chose at random the one lucky person out of those that pm me they want to play free for all, to start the game!

The random winner to start the game will then chose whom she wants to send a square to, only one member please,  and then to keep it secret, I will notify the one she chose, and it will be her turn then to pick someone, and let me know and the game continues on, picking from the remaining players on my list, till everyone on the list is partnered up with a sender/receiver. Will this work out right??

I would pm or email providing we all decide to do this, then Just pm me back, and get yourself on that list, and in a week or so after opening the list  , I will close the list, and then start the game!

Some might not answer their pms or emails, as  some have not been on our thread here for a while, and it's hard to send them anything, if they don't answer pms and such, oh well, that is but a little snag, no problem for most of us!

so let me know if you would want to play the game, sort of like what I understand to be a round robin? I dunno, then we can reveal whom we got the square from,once we have recieved it!! I have decided that Im not a very good explainer, ha ha, but hope most of you can figure out what Im desperately trying to get across. lol  :juggle  :applause

if you want to play and we get enough, I think it will be kinda fun! Up to all you though, thanks for listening to my keystrokes, this long time, lol     thanks for the nomination as well!! I look forward to wearing that crown!!!  :c9  :ty

Sounds like fun. Sounds like all the knooks and crannies are ironed out. with them telling you they want in the game they know to log in regularly to check for their pm saying it is their turn. could set a 24 hour time limit on them responding with who they choose. I am up for it

Love the idea!  The time idea is great too because we may need to hurry it along depending on how many participate.  Would it last only the month?  If so, then we need a reply time limit, another time limit to send the square off (with tracking so we know when it's received), a posting time limit, and then we start the cycle again.  

ah you did tell us you would, and you did, makes you an unliar, lol Good luck with the snow the next few days, is this that Xersies storm, or Yogi, I lose track, we will get a bit o rain outta of the one, got hail out of the x one, soooooooo, hey, i just checked the calendar, it's April, why are we getting this crappy weather!!!!!!!!

The storms have names?  I had no idea.  Anyways, I got at least 12 inches in the backyard and it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.  They say another 3-6 inches.  Did someone say "Spring"?

Honex99, on 15 Apr 2013 - 11:00, said:snapback.png

Good morning!

See, I told you I would check in.

Weather update:  It's snowing and it's suppose to snow for 3 days.  However, we are suppose only get 3 -5 inches today.

I have my charity knit and crochet group tonight if it doesn't snow too much, so I'll check in with all y'all later.

Laurie

Ewww,  I don't want to hear that nasty word any more until next winter, lol.  I hope you don't get any more than the 3-5" so that you can still have your group tonight.

It snowed too much for me to go.  Plus there was only one other person going to go, so we decided against it.  We are supposed to have more of that "s-word" tomorrow.

Laurie

Good morning all!

Katie, I like the 'round robin' idea.....I'll be in for that if you choose to do it! And glad you have accepted your June crown early! I'll get to work!

No snow for us, but bad thunder storms and lots of rain......

Take care!

kuddles

Good Morning,

Katyallen, I like the idea. Can I participate if I just want to send squares? I've  finished my afghan and I'm not ready to start another.

Those of you in the yucky weather stay safe. We've been having some rain but nothing major.

Have a great day!

Katy...I have 2 puffy packages to send out and hope to get them in today's mail...It was slow going, but I did it...Now I'd better get started on your June squares... The weather here was 92 degrees yesterday...I was tempted to turn on the A/C, but chose instead to sit in front of a fan...I just hate the high electric bills during the hot summer...I'm kinda spoiled with $35 ones...Only had the heat on 3 or 4 days this winter...The mornings are pleasant but come noontime the mercury is rising...I would welcome some white fluffy stuff about now...

Count me in on the free for all...Sounds like a good idea...I should be up to snuff by then...

I'm definitely in for the round robin in May! (no weddings or anything, so plenty of time on the weekends to get squares made and driven to the post office!)

Katie, what size squares do you want? I assume 12" just because you're only collecting 20, but figured I'd ask anyways!

Well it looks like everyone is in favor of Katie being our June Biggest Square so there is nothing left for Katie to do but to gracefully accept the crown for June and to let us know what squares she is wanting-------last time I checked it was for 8 inch squares in red, orange, green, yellow, purple, or blue, only one color in a square (Katie please let us know if that is still what you want).

Now with all the excitement don't forget you need to find a suitable May Biggest Square.

I know I'm coming in late on this, but I definitely agree!  Aye, aye, aye!!!  LOL!

yes'm. I will accept when the time comes, I will be thrilled,  thank you for the nomination!! :ghug   and yes, you have those colors correct, all solid colors, red, yellow, purple, green, orange,and blue, in  any patterns, I have currently received 6 out of 20 to date. It will be an honor to wear the crown all june!!

Yes, then for  May, maybe we'll do the free for all!! that way everybody that wants to play, will get a square!I haven't worked it all out yet, but here's what I have so far, and hope to move it to may, or July, at the latest.... Its just ideas for now, nothing set in stone, and don't feel you HAVE to go along with it ,if you really would prefer not to do this,  its just an idea for now.

Il would put out pm's or emails to all on the current list. Those that want to play free for all, will pm me. When everyone that wants in, is in, say in a week, close the list, and then I will chose at random the one lucky person out of those that pm me they want to play free for all, to start the game!

The random winner to start the game will then chose whom she wants to send a square to, only one member please,  and then to keep it secret, I will notify the one she chose, and it will be her turn then to pick someone, and let me know and the game continues on, picking from the remaining players on my list, till everyone on the list is partnered up with a sender/receiver. Will this work out right??

I would pm or email providing we all decide to do this, then Just pm me back, and get yourself on that list, and in a week or so after opening the list  , I will close the list, and then start the game!

Some might not answer their pms or emails, as  some have not been on our thread here for a while, and it's hard to send them anything, if they don't answer pms and such, oh well, that is but a little snag, no problem for most of us!

It's still up for a yea or nay, so let me know if you would want to play the game, sort of like what I understand to be a round robin? I dunno, then we can reveal whom we got the square from,once we have recieved it!! I have decided that Im not a very good explainer, ha ha, but hope most of you can figure out what Im desperately trying to get across. lol  :juggle  :applause

If we don't get the details in cement by a week before the end of April, we will do it in July maybe, or abandom it completely and continue on picking a May Biggest Square, its all according to you all, you make the choice if you want to play and we get enough, I think it will be kinda fun! Up to all you though, thanks for listening to my keystrokes, this long time, lol     thanks for the nomination as well!! I look forward to wearing that crown!!!  :c9  :ty

I'm not collecting any more so I should probably keep quiet, but I think this sounds like fun!

ah you did tell us you would, and you did, makes you an unliar, lol Good luck with the snow the next few days, is this that Xersies storm, or Yogi, I lose track, we will get a bit o rain outta of the one, got hail out of the x one, soooooooo, hey, i just checked the calendar, it's April, why are we getting this crappy weather!!!!!!!!

The storms have names?  I had no idea.  Anyways, I got at least 12 inches in the backyard and it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.  They say another 3-6 inches.  Did someone say "Spring"?

Oh, no, not 12 inches!  That is just not right.  IT IS SPRINGTIME!!! :lol

Honex99, on 15 Apr 2013 - 11:00, said:snapback.png

Ewww,  I don't want to hear that nasty word any more until next winter, lol.  I hope you don't get any more than the 3-5" so that you can still have your group tonight.

It snowed too much for me to go.  Plus there was only one other person going to go, so we decided against it.  We are supposed to have more of that "s-word" tomorrow.

Laurie

I'm so sorry that you didn't get to go to your group because of the nasty weather.  You have to get warm weather soon, don't you? :xfin

Yeah Katy is the June biggest square!!!!!  Hmm...you only need 14 more squares?  I have a feeling you are about to be bombarded by squares!!!  Guess you need to plan on making a bigger project!!!  I know personally I have probably every color in my stash that you are looking for!  The easy part will be making the squares, the hard part would be waiting until June to send them off!!!

Wow, I can't believe some of you are getting so much snow!!  Whew!  Glad I moved south!  WE had frost a few mornings where I had to scrape my windows clean and a few nights it got below freezing, but other than that we had a mild winter, just lots and lots of rain.  It is in the 80's here right now and very humid - later this week/early weekend it is supposed to get in the 40's at night but during the day it heats right up!!!

I think that the free for all would be great!  I am all in this!

Dragnlady5, I have never heard of Orleans, Indiana before.  I used to live in South Bend, way way north!  Only Orleans I have ever heard of is New Orleans, which is less than an hour from where I live. 

Everyone have a blessed day!  Happy hooking!!!

Morning friends!!

Up and out early today, taking my car in for assessment, my insurance co. from the storm damage last week, the hail was big as golf balls, and some bigger... Then tomorrow is brunch, weather I decide to attend or not, depends on the weather, its cold and raining steadily here this am, not a nice sprinkly spring rain, but a cold cold drenching winter rain, yuk...The kind that creeps into your bones, and chills you to the core! So wish me luck in getting a good settlement for my car, and I will check this thread when I return this aft. sometime!!

I still have never heard of a couple puffy recipients i mailed to, I do hope they found their way to their new home. And if i missed a post then I sorry, lol  take care for the day, Ill catch you later...

I still have one March square to do - I can't remember which group it is for. It's the Mussy Tussy pattern. It, along with the April squares, are going to have to wait until I get some other projects finished. So much to crochet, so little time...

Tussy Mussy was kind of a pain, but then I had a bit of trouble with a few of the squares from March.  They drove me crazy. 

But I love Waldo's Puzzle for April!!  This has to be one of my favorite squares I've ever made.  I've included it down below.  I'm really in love with it!

Hi all! Just stopping in to say hello :) Had to take myself and my DD to the ER earlier, just hot home from that. She's fine though. Apparently she has a small umbilical hernia :(. The doctor assured me that I don't need to worry, but I will anyway. And I have an infection in my c-section. What fun...again, I'll be fine as well. They put me on an antibiotic for it.

Thankfully, everything else is going fine. As is everyone else! I hope you all are doing fine as well! (I didn't read the back posts, though I'm lurking all the time. Lol!) And if there is some of you who need it, here is a super giant :hug for you!

Miss you all! Hopefully I'll be crocheting a lot more again soon! Take care all!

Prayers for you and your baby girl.  :hug

It's still up for a yea or nay, so let me know if you would want to play the game, sort of like what I understand to be a round robin? I dunno, then we can reveal whom we got the square from,once we have recieved it!! I have decided that Im not a very good explainer, ha ha, but hope most of you can figure out what Im desperately trying to get across. lol  :juggle  :applause

If we don't get the details in cement by a week before the end of April, we will do it in July maybe, or abandom it completely and continue on picking a May Biggest Square, its all according to you all, you make the choice if you want to play and we get enough, I think it will be kinda fun! Up to all you though, thanks for listening to my keystrokes, this long time, lol     thanks for the nomination as well!! I look forward to wearing that crown!!!  :c9  :ty

Love the idea of a free for all! Like a Secret Santa :stocking in May!  And Katie, I think Snowflake is right; you WILL be getting more than 14 squares!

And what's up with all this snow?  It's almost May!  We were supposed to get some this Friday, but I think they changed the forecast to rain instead.

post-54847-0-03186300-1366215899_thumb.jpg

Hey Kim, great Waldo! I haven't done it yet nor a few others! I can't keep up with them all! But love working on them. The Tussy was a bit complicated but I love doing those kinds so I can feel so good when I accomplish it!

kuddles

ok so where is the topic for these monthly squares?

I think on ravelry, is that right ladies??

Tussy Mussy was kind of a pain, but then I had a bit of trouble with a few of the squares from March.  They drove me crazy. 

But I love Waldo's Puzzle for April!!  This has to be one of my favorite squares I've ever made.  I've included it down below.  I'm really in love with it!

Prayers for you and your baby girl.  :hug

Love the idea of a free for all! Like a Secret Santa :stocking in May!  And Katie, I think Snowflake is right; you WILL be getting more than 14 squares!

And what's up with all this snow?  It's almost May!  We were supposed to get some this Friday, but I think they changed the forecast to rain instead.yeah, kinda like that!!!!

Woo hoo, good......New topic.... I will begin to pm people on our thread tonight when I have a bit more time, in reference to the Free For All, in may, hope we get enough to do it!!

Archived