Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I had a nice surprise, I was going thru some bags and came across some squares that I had made last year when I was in the hospital!  Now I just need to match them up to the person looking for that color/size!  We are having another gorgeous day today.  I think spring has finally arrived for good!  Have a wonderful day everyone!

Wow, thanks everyone for the kudos on my square!

Well I did something today that I thought wouldn't happen for a few months till Little K's 9th birthday.......I brought home her new pet! Please meet Bandit! A sweet 2 yr old boy that has been neutered and is declawed and is very sweet! My DD is soooo happy! She told me this is the best present she has ever had!

Ohhh, Bandit is beautiful!!!

Kuddles, love your square!

Katy, that bakery sound like heaven. When I wake up later, I plan to get some safe desserts for me ;-) maybe lots of coffee too. It's just about 10 a.m. I haven't slept a wink. I couldn't stop myself and worked overnight and finished a unicorn for my niece. I was partnered up with Skoggy for the January/February birthday swap. She sent me a beautiful unicorn that my niece wants. I started it but, to her dismay, I didn't finish it by the time she was out of the bathroom. Now that's it's finished, I'm sleeping.

Edit: I was so out of it that I fell asleep before posting. :lol Here goes.

What an adorable unicorn!

I bet the healing service was awesome!!!  We have had deliverance services before, and during regular church we had a lady on a walker get prayed for and walked out leaving the walker at the church!  What disappoints me, though, is when someone that has trouble walking gets up and walks without their cane or wheelchair and then the people they were with give it back to them.  I am like, where's ya faith!???!!!

Kuddles, I have tried WW for a brief time, but I don't have a good support group around me.  Maybe once I start working from home, I can cook regular meals instead of eating fast food allt he time, and it will be easier.  I still have all the books, the recipe books, etc.  Congrats on your weight loss, I am proud of you.  I wish taking off weight was as easy as putting it on!!! LOL  And that is a beautiful square you have!

I can't believe it, but I actually made a square today!  Not sure who is getting it yet, but tried out one of the new patterns I printed out from Ravelry.  Need to go back home and work on some more.  I have put aside everything else so I can make a bunch of squares, different sizes and colors, different patterns, so I can just send a whole bunch of puffies out!!!  I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday, which is the day I am officially giving my notice.  I have already started working at the other firm as of today.  Not working a lot, but will be working bunches when I am off the other job.  Meanwhile, sucking up all the OT I can!!!

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!  It is nice and sunny here, very warm, though it is down in the 40's at night time.  Be blessed!

Best of luck in your new job!

Hi Ladies, hope all are well.  I have just updated my list so I'm thinking it's time to get busy and start squaring.  I need to get back into this.

So good to hear from you!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah, having a hard time keeping up with this thread lately! LOL 

Prayers for any & all who need them.

LOVE the eye candy I've seen! Beautiful squares ladies!

The Free For All in May, I'm in! 

Tonya, your crown looks beautiful! Your squares will be headed your way this week! 

I'm going to finish up some orders I have ... April has been fabulous for my business! I can barely keep up! Up to 345 likes on Facebook! WOOHOO! 

Tonya, your crown looks beautiful! Your squares will be headed your way this week! 

I'm going to finish up some orders I have ... April has been fabulous for my business! I can barely keep up! Up to 345 likes on Facebook! WOOHOO! 

WTG On the facebook. I am still trying to get to 100 likes. lol but I guess my page isnt all that exciting lol

Congrats on your Facebook accomplishment! I just liked your page. :)

Congrats on your Facebook accomplishment! I just liked your page. :)

Thank you! I liked yours back.. and shared my favorite item from it. Beautiful work! 

busy bees buzzing around the yarn stashes!!! OOOH, annie has some squares for some lucky recipient!! Take pics whomever might get them!!!!

Tomorrow the list will close, and we will begin the chosing partner opening of the game! I will chose one person to start, she will then chose her recipient, and let me know, I will send her that addy, and then I will email to the recip. to tell her she was chosen, and now it's her turn!! Everyone will be chosen once, and will chose once, and everyone will send to one and receive from one person,  there is no limit on the amount of squares you send!! SOme may even chose to include a card, or a little pack of note cards, or something you can wrap up in the squares in the puffy!! Its whatever you want to do, and a raok to our members here, from our members here! 

I will check in several times a day, to answer your emails, post emails, sent out confirmations,receive choices send out  addys, and revise the master list so I can keep track of whom has been chosen, and so forth.If someone chooses a person that is no longer available, she will get to chose again, and again, if necessary, lol till she finds a partner that is not chosen yet.  I won't publish the revised list,so as to keep it a secret till you receive from you secret partner, and of course, thank them.. if you have any other questions i didn't answer here, please let me know pm, and I will get right on it.... Thanks for playing everyone, if you know of any other of our members that might want to join, they have till tomorrow, so hurry up and sign up! lol

Raining here again, it's ok, used to it, we had a nice day, abeit cloudy, but was something like 68 at it's highest today!

I agree with grannyannie, spring has come and quite a wet one so far at that!

So everybody, keep an eye on your pm, and this thread, so we can get this going and keep it going smoothly, and get our parnters chosen, so we are ready to start sending, when everyone is paired up!! Or May, lol whichever!!

Well, there she is, the tiffer has returned, lol Congratz on the biz, way to go!! Glad your in to play Free For All!! Starts tomorrow!!

Did you send me a final count tif and if you did, I missed it. lol will you when you have time send me it again! Thanks!

Good Morning!

It's the usual Monday routine for me. Although it may be a little off since we are suppose to have rain today, heavy at times. But I don't really need to go any place after work today so I can go home and curl up with my crochet and listen to the rain.

Have a great day everyone!

Hello Monday. Today Little K and I are sad. Bandit must go back. He is sweet and gentle but will NOT let us sleep. Two nites now, no sleeping. The shelter will take him back but I have to miss work this morning to take him. They had others interested in him so I know he will go to a good home.

But we are very sad.

kuddles

busy bees buzzing around the yarn stashes!!! OOOH, annie has some squares for some lucky recipient!! Take pics whomever might get them!!!!

Tomorrow the list will close, and we will begin the chosing partner opening of the game! I will chose one person to start, she will then chose her recipient, and let me know, I will send her that addy, and then I will email to the recip. to tell her she was chosen, and now it's her turn!! Everyone will be chosen once, and will chose once, and everyone will send to one and receive from one person,  there is no limit on the amount of squares you send!! SOme may even chose to include a card, or a little pack of note cards, or something you can wrap up in the squares in the puffy!! Its whatever you want to do, and a raok to our members here, from our members here! 

I will check in several times a day, to answer your emails, post emails, sent out confirmations,receive choices send out  addys, and revise the master list so I can keep track of whom has been chosen, and so forth.If someone chooses a person that is no longer available, she will get to chose again, and again, if necessary, lol till she finds a partner that is not chosen yet.  I won't publish the revised list,so as to keep it a secret till you receive from you secret partner, and of course, thank them.. if you have any other questions i didn't answer here, please let me know pm, and I will get right on it.... Thanks for playing everyone, if you know of any other of our members that might want to join, they have till tomorrow, so hurry up and sign up! lol

Raining here again, it's ok, used to it, we had a nice day, abeit cloudy, but was something like 68 at it's highest today!

I agree with grannyannie, spring has come and quite a wet one so far at that!

So everybody, keep an eye on your pm, and this thread, so we can get this going and keep it going smoothly, and get our parnters chosen, so we are ready to start sending, when everyone is paired up!! Or May, lol whichever!!

Well, there she is, the tiffer has returned, lol Congratz on the biz, way to go!! Glad your in to play Free For All!! Starts tomorrow!!

Did you send me a final count tif and if you did, I missed it. lol will you when you have time send me it again! Thanks!

Ack... I knew something else had slipped my mind.. I'm going to go count them all now! 

Dragnlady5, I just liked your page on FB, if anyone else has a page let me know and I will like them all!!!!

Got some more squares done and found some this morning that I had worked on last year as well while I was riding the train.  Gonna see who needs them as well!

Have a great day all!!!

I have a FB page. Link is in my signature. :)

Right I'm getting back on the square train. Need to do something to get me out of this depressive slump. Hope I can make someone happy with some squares. :)

Officially, all in total that I have ever received: 67 squares. I still need: 21 six inch squares to finish my absolutely HUGE 'ghan. I have 2 squares that don't quite fit the size so I will take those and edge them, making a pillow to go with my 'ghan! 

Look how beautiful it is going to be! I've laid out all of the squares here for you all to see :) 

post-18684-0-79678200-1366648042_thumb.jpg

Officially, all in total that I have ever received: 67 squares. I still need: 21 six inch squares to finish my absolutely HUGE 'ghan. I have 2 squares that don't quite fit the size so I will take those and edge them, making a pillow to go with my 'ghan! 

Look how beautiful it is going to be! I've laid out all of the squares here for you all to see :) 

attachicon.gifDSCN3501.JPG

Looks beautiful!

I see mine (said the same on facebook)! Makes me happy! Thanks for the uplift I needed!

kuddles

Hello Monday. Today Little K and I are sad. Bandit must go back. He is sweet and gentle but will NOT let us sleep. Two nites now, no sleeping. The shelter will take him back but I have to miss work this morning to take him. They had others interested in him so I know he will go to a good home.

But we are very sad.

kuddles

I am sad too for you and little k...sometimes cats need an adjustment period, to adjust to new people, new surroundings, and are by nature, (till they are conditioned not to, ) nocturnal. So sorry it didn't work out,, he will go to a wonderful home hopefully, and you and little k, will recover from the loss Im sure in time......sympathy for both of you though......

So sorry. what is Bandit doing? maybe it is just something that will stop after an adjustment period

you have that right, people that aren't used to cats need the adjustment period too, sometimes. lol

Dragnlady5, I just liked your page on FB, if anyone else has a page let me know and I will like them all!!!!

Got some more squares done and found some this morning that I had worked on last year as well while I was riding the train.  Gonna see who needs them as well!

Have a great day all!!!

oh yay, more squares, always a good thing!!

Right I'm getting back on the square train. Need to do something to get me out of this depressive slump. Hope I can make someone happy with some squares. :)

Hello EMMA, welcome back to the land of Squaredom!!!!!!!

wow, that is going to be one beautiful ghan!! Gotta check it out better and find mine!! he he he, nice layout! OH, i see what could have been from me, but hardly remember!! beautiful though!!

:ghug  :cheer  :clap Ohhh awaiting first choice from our beginner name, can't wait to see whom she picks!!! we officially have 20 players! Very nice turnout! Remember to check your pms, at least once a day, to see if it's you, that is picked next!!!!!!!! :manyheart 

:hug  :woo  :ty 

I am updating the game post everyday, you can find that link in my signature, just click on it for participating players and latest news on the game!

Page 188, post 3743 if that is easier for you.

Howdy everyone!  Another chilly, but sunny day here.  I wish that I could get outside for a bit, but my body isn't cooperating.  It's a day of rest and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!  WooHoo! our Free for All name drawing starts today!  Good luck keeping track of everthing Katie! I'm glad it isn't me, lol. (and all of you should be too, lol).  I'll be waiting for my e mail.  I think I'll go look at the list and try to figure out who I'd like to pick! That's going to be hard!

Hi Tif!  It's so good to see you and congrats on the business!  I'm pretty sure that I've already liked you FB page, but I'll check to make sure.  I can't remember anything these days, lol.

WTG On the facebook. I am still trying to get to 100 likes. lol but I guess my page isnt all that exciting lol

You'll get there, hang in!  I'll go like yours before I leave too.

But we are very sad.

kuddles

Ohh, I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you guys. 

Wow, that's going to be beautiful!

Gotcha!  I like your santa pants silverware holder!  That is cute!

Hi, ladies!  Tiffer and dragnlady, I've liked your pages :)  Skoggy, being old friends ;) I liked yours when you created it.

Kuddles, I am sorry for you and Little K.  I hope you find a kitty that's a better match and that Bandit finds a place it likes :hug

Have a great day, gals :)

Archived