Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and I got this figured out too, for my solid squares, when and if the 15 not 14, my typo,  more needed is reached, then I will just make another with the rest, and then it can be any color solids, but i would like to get the rainbow colors ghan done first, he he he.....I figure they are about 9 inches, almost, with the row of trim, so I have two rows already put together, alternating one solid rainbow color, then one multi color rainbow square, for at least 6 across, and maybe 7 or 8 rows, down, so maybe 15 more needed of the solids, or there abouts anyway. .(I have a couple solids yet, to add to row three)  I have the rainbow ones pretty much done, unless I run short one or,2  then will just whip that up. You don't have to bother with weaving in ends, or changing colors, i already did most of them. lol . It was my zen meditation for a couple days, lol

Ill start those pms tonight, when i have some time, I keep getting interupted today, with phone calls, and errands, so tonight will have to do, as to the noticing of everyone about the free for all deal in may,,,, ok, off for now, again, gotta a phonecall........sigh......these two rows shown are not in their proper places yet, so not sewn together, but you get the idea!

Katie, count me in for the free for all! I won't see your PM till morning, but I'll answer ya then honey!

Woot Woot Wootington!

oh and the storms are now here and will continue thru tomorrow nite. Goodie!

If you don't hear from me, it's cause my electricity went out!

kuddles

Made a PO run today and 4 squares are on their way to April's biggest square.

Katie, glad you accepted the nomination. 

It looks like you all are going to have fun with the free for all.  I will be watching from the sidelines. 

Tussy Mussy was kind of a pain, but then I had a bit of trouble with a few of the squares from March.  They drove me crazy. 

But I love Waldo's Puzzle for April!!  This has to be one of my favorite squares I've ever made.  I've included it down below.  I'm really in love with it!

Prayers for you and your baby girl.  :hug

Love the idea of a free for all! Like a Secret Santa :stocking in May!  And Katie, I think Snowflake is right; you WILL be getting more than 14 squares!

And what's up with all this snow?  It's almost May!  We were supposed to get some this Friday, but I think they changed the forecast to rain instead.

Nice Waldo!  I had fun making mine and really enjoyed how it came out.  It's funny, my HHA liked it so much too that she offered to buy it from me! She wanted to give me $10!   Holy smokes, I just wanted to give it to her.  The woman helps me bathe for goodness sakes, but she insisted on giving me a couple bucks.  That I could live with. (especially since I went to AC Moore yesterday afternoon, lol).

Hey Kim, great Waldo! I haven't done it yet nor a few others! I can't keep up with them all! But love working on them. The Tussy was a bit complicated but I love doing those kinds so I can feel so good when I accomplish it!

kuddles

I still haven't gotten around to the Tussy Mussy.  I started and got stuck near the beginning!  I'll try it again soon...

ok so where is the topic for these monthly squares?

Melinda Miller's Group    Julie Yeager's Group

Number 1.     Katyallen8090 will PLAY free for all!!!!!!!! thats what we have so far, lol  

You crack me up and I need to smile today, so thank you!

and I got this figured out too, for my solid squares, when and if the 15 not 14, my typo,  more needed is reached, then I will just make another with the rest, and then it can be any color solids, but i would like to get the rainbow colors ghan done first, he he he.....I figure they are about 9 inches, almost, with the row of trim, so I have two rows already put together, alternating one solid rainbow color, then one multi color rainbow square, for at least 6 across, and maybe 7 or 8 rows, down, so maybe 15 more needed of the solids, or there abouts anyway. .(I have a couple solids yet, to add to row three)  I have the rainbow ones pretty much done, unless I run short one or,2  then will just whip that up. You don't have to bother with weaving in ends, or changing colors, i already did most of them. lol . It was my zen meditation for a couple days, lol

Ill start those pms tonight, when i have some time, I keep getting interupted today, with phone calls, and errands, so tonight will have to do, as to the noticing of everyone about the free for all deal in may,,,, ok, off for now, again, gotta a phonecall........sigh......these two rows shown are not in their proper places yet, so not sewn together, but you get the idea!

attachicon.gif100_3330.jpg

They look great!

Gorgeous Waldo square!

I'm going to have to try it. :) And the Tussy Mussy as well. :)

Hope everyone is ok. I'm still not great but will get better over time I suppose.

Thanks for the hugs :hug

Snowflake.....  Have you heard of Bloomington? we are about 40 minutes south of it  about 20 minutes north of french lick. it is a small town just over 2000 ppl. 

oH YES!!!  IU!!!! LOL.  I KNOW WHERE THAT IS.  NEVER BEEN THERE MYSELF, THOUGH.  USED TO HAVE TO GO TO INDY FOR TRIALS ALL THE TIME, THOUGH. THAT IS ABOUT AS FAR SOUTH IN INDIANA I HAVE "VISITED" THOUGH HAVE DRIVEN THROUGH THE WHOLE STATE BEFORE!

I am in Katy as well!!!! 

I have never seen the Waldo, that is beautiful.  I am going to have to check that out and see what the Tussy is, just out of curiousity.  I have been wanting to try different designs in grannies, instead of the standard.  Been kinda nervous to try something different.  Maybe I will make it in cotton for myself and if I can do it, make it in WW for someone else!  No need having someone else as my guinea pig when I will do just find!! LOL

ok so where is the topic for these monthly squares?

Like others have said, on Ravelry.  Besides Julie Yeager and Melinda Miller's group, there's also the 2013 Crochet Block-a-Month CAL.  They do 2 squares each month, and that's where Waldo's Puzzle is at.

I think on ravelry, is that right ladies??

Woo hoo, good......New topic.... I will begin to pm people on our thread tonight when I have a bit more time, in reference to the Free For All, in may, hope we get enough to do it!!

PM sent!

I am in Katy as well!!!! 

I have never seen the Waldo, that is beautiful.  I am going to have to check that out and see what the Tussy is, just out of curiousity.  I have been wanting to try different designs in grannies, instead of the standard.  Been kinda nervous to try something different.  Maybe I will make it in cotton for myself and if I can do it, make it in WW for someone else!  No need having someone else as my guinea pig when I will do just find!! LOL

I love these because you learn so many new skills.  Each pattern is different and beautiful in its own way!  Here is Tussy Mussy.  I found this one a little on the difficult side too,  Some of the stitches sort of went over my head, and I sort of improvised on them.  

post-54847-0-26243900-1366242643_thumb.jpg

Hi ya, good, I will get you on the free for all list soon.....and i am looking for 8 inch, solid colors in red blue, yellow orange, green and purple any pattern though. thanks for asking! Glad you are joining, looks like fun, huh

I'm definitely in for the round robin in May! (no weddings or anything, so plenty of time on the weekends to get squares made and driven to the post office!)

Katie, what size squares do you want? I assume 12" just because you're only collecting 20, but figured I'd ask anyways!

Wow!! Lots of talkin' going on about squares today! I had a lot of fun catching up on the conversation, though.

I have finished three of the four squares for our April Square Queen. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the fourth finished tomorrow. It's a new pattern for me, so we'll see how it goes. One of the patterns (I won't say which one so that it will be a surprise for our Queen) was a little tricky. I love the way it looks, and I'm very glad I'm not making a whole afghan using the square. I hope tonyal likes it...

After I finish this last square, I need to get my niece's ripple 'ghan finished. She graduates next month and I need to be able to give it to her on May 23rd. All that is left is weaving in the ends and finishing off one side of the 'ghan. The other side is already finished. If I just sat down and worked on it, I could have it finished in a day...

Katie ~ Would you have a problem with me sending your June Biggest Square puffy early? We are going to be traveling almost all of June. That wouldn't be a problem if I knew where I was going to be and how long I was going to be there. We're going to be visiting different churches in Texas and Arkansas, though, and I have no idea when i'm going to be where. It would be so much easier if I could go ahead and send you your squares in May. Just let me know what you think about that. :)

Okay - I'm off for now, folks. I have lots of crocheting to do! I'll check in here tomorrow night after my daughter's last softball game of the season. Stay safe and warm, everyone!

Sure thing, I mean I will be grateful any time you want to send me some squares, lol, thank you in advance and have fun on your vacation!

Wow!! Lots of talkin' going on about squares today! I had a lot of fun catching up on the conversation, though.

I have finished three of the four squares for our April Square Queen. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the fourth finished tomorrow. It's a new pattern for me, so we'll see how it goes. One of the patterns (I won't say which one so that it will be a surprise for our Queen) was a little tricky. I love the way it looks, and I'm very glad I'm not making a whole afghan using the square. I hope tonyal likes it...

After I finish this last square, I need to get my niece's ripple 'ghan finished. She graduates next month and I need to be able to give it to her on May 23rd. All that is left is weaving in the ends and finishing off one side of the 'ghan. The other side is already finished. If I just sat down and worked on it, I could have it finished in a day...

Katie ~ Would you have a problem with me sending your June Biggest Square puffy early? We are going to be traveling almost all of June. That wouldn't be a problem if I knew where I was going to be and how long I was going to be there. We're going to be visiting different churches in Texas and Arkansas, though, and I have no idea when i'm going to be where. It would be so much easier if I could go ahead and send you your squares in May. Just let me know what you think about that. :)

Okay - I'm off for now, folks. I have lots of crocheting to do! I'll check in here tomorrow night after my daughter's last softball game of the season. Stay safe and warm, everyone!

thank you darlin! Needed something bright for a sick friends daughter!

That is going to be a beautiful afghan

Katie, count me in for the free for all! I won't see your PM till morning, but I'll answer ya then honey!

Woot Woot Wootington!

oh and the storms are now here and will continue thru tomorrow nite. Goodie!

If you don't hear from me, it's cause my electricity went out!

kuddles

and you are IN. Get off the computer, so you don't blow it up, we can't lose you!!!!!!!!

Made a PO run today and 4 squares are on their way to April's biggest square.

Katie, glad you accepted the nomination. 

It looks like you all are going to have fun with the free for all.  I will be watching from the sidelines. 

I think so, and you know Brenda, was just thinking, there's gotta be some Squares you could put to good use, yes???? Well, just pm me, and say yes!!!!!! and we'd all love to repay some of your kindness to us, with some squares, be it cotton, or ww!!

Nice Waldo!  I had fun making mine and really enjoyed how it came out.  It's funny, my HHA liked it so much too that she offered to buy it from me! She wanted to give me $10!   Holy smokes, I just wanted to give it to her.  The woman helps me bathe for goodness sakes, but she insisted on giving me a couple bucks.  That I could live with. (especially since I went to AC Moore yesterday afternoon, lol).

I still haven't gotten around to the Tussy Mussy.  I started and got stuck near the beginning!  I'll try it again soon...

They look great!

wow, buying your square, tht is quite the feather in your cap ann!!!!!

Gorgeous Waldo square!

I'm going to have to try it. :) And the Tussy Mussy as well. :)

Hope everyone is ok. I'm still not great but will get better over time I suppose.

Thanks for the hugs :hug

what's up with such a quiet emma these days, did I miss something?

I am in Katy as well!!!! 

Gotcha on the list!

ok, heres who we have so far,... list is now offcially closed, but still, if you want in, pm me, we'll make it work!! I have chosen the first player, and awaiting her selcetion of whom to send a square(S) to, and when I hear from her, I will notify that person, and she will chose next! Lets hope this goes rather quickly, so we can begin our squaring in MAY for sure, if not sooner!! As mentioned before you can put whatever amount of squares you like in a puffy, along with anything else that will fit, ha ha, if you so desire. Im thinking some may put in a post card, note cards, or, a hook, or something small, or  multiple squares, or or or, anything you chose as a small raok for your secret partner, but certainly not required,that part is totally optional! Well, we're off, the game has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!         

List is so little , i can't put it up, or we all will know whom, picks whom, soooo if you haven't chosen yet, you will tomorrow!! i WILL pm the people picking from here on out and send them the remaining players name to chose from , be it one, or four....just to pretect the secret part of the free for all. thanks all...

I have one square finished for our April Queen, planning to do one more but that might be it for the month. I'm pattern tweaking and I don't know how long it'll take to finish tweaking.

Katy...I have 2 puffy packages to send out and hope to get them in today's mail...It was slow going, but I did it...Now I'd better get started on your June squares... The weather here was 92 degrees yesterday...I was tempted to turn on the A/C, but chose instead to sit in front of a fan...I just hate the high electric bills during the hot summer...I'm kinda spoiled with $35 ones...Only had the heat on 3 or 4 days this winter...The mornings are pleasant but come noontime the mercury is rising...I would welcome some white fluffy stuff about now...

Count me in on the free for all...Sounds like a good idea...I should be up to snuff by then...

Ha, we're reversed! We have a heat pump with supplemental electric heat in the winter... the A/C is super efficient and in our little house we have $30-35 electric bills in summer. It's winter where it quadruples due to that electric heat...

They look great!

These sound fun! I already opened all the links; I'll have to look at them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing them!

Oh, no, not 12 inches!  That is just not right.  IT IS SPRINGTIME!!! :lol

I'm so sorry that you didn't get to go to your group because of the nasty weather.  You have to get warm weather soon, don't you? :xfin

Maybe by the end of the week....LOL

Good morning! Did NOT blow away! However today heavy storms, maybe hail.....and I work in a trailer so .......I might be seeing some of you while I fly through the sky!

Woot for the free for all!

Gotta go!

kuddles

ok, heres who we have so far,...for the May Free For All, which can run side by side, with your own choices too of square sending. Piggy back, if you like, and no limit to how ever many squares you wanna send to your chosen recipient!! .

please pm me if you replied yes, and I haven't got you on this list, thanks..

Estee

Angelroselite

Abigail1280

Kuddlekubs

Jessicalli

Snowlfake

Crsheridan

Vikingrunnergirl

and me.

I replied to you last night, but I think it was after you made this post!

And to think all this time I saw the Tussy Mussy and the Waldo on Ravelry and saved it in my library as something I wanted to try, but never paid attention as to what their names were!  Of course, I have probably at least 30 squares saved, some grannies some not grannies.  Some are even in thread for that lacy look!  Definitely need to check this out and make some different patterns.  I just have to find the right yarn/thread/cotton for them.  That is what takes me the longest.  I may start it, but if I don't like how it is turning out, I either rip it or toss it to the side.  Maybe that is why I can't seem to finish things!!  I probably have 20 WIPS right now!!!

My  mother in Indiana said she was going to go through some of the yarn that I had to leave up there and try and send me some of it, if she can.  I told her to not worry about the big cones, they will be more difficult to mail out due to their size. So hopefully my stash will be growing back up again to where it originally was at!!!  I think I have some wool up there even, never used it and I am actually allergic to it!! LOL.  But most was given to me.  I even have some macrame thread that was given to me in this batch.  I might use that with a big hook and make myself some rugs for my home.  I figure they will be durable then since it is thicker in size.  Haven't done macrame since I was in junior high school some (****) years ago! LOL

We aren't getting storms here right now, but it is extremely humid and every day it looks like it is going to rain.  I kinda wish it would hurry up and just do the darn thing, but not today.  I guess my trunk doesn't seal all the way, so when it rains a lot water gets into it.  I just put a computer in my trunk so raining today is not such a good thing!

Be blessed everyone and have a great day!!!

gotcha !! Thank you! Post 3743 is updated now and will be with each member added. . We're gettimg a good number of players!! Im excited! Up to like 17 or soemthing, wow, that is great!!

I replied to you last night, but I think it was after you made this post!

Hi all, raining then snowing, then icing , such weather for the middle of April, I have never heard of! Went to brunch, was delish, now Im on my way out to get that pesky oven element that burned out right before MY brunch in March!!

Looks like the Free For All, is sure pickin up steam, we're gonna have a blast. Right now, I don't know how to accomondate several people that aren't receiving, but sending, so I think for them it's send as before to your choice all month, to keep the free for all machinery operating at maximum efficiancy*sp.  

we will just call those that care to send but not receive a BONUS PLAYER.... Thanks guys!!!!!!!!! BOnus players will be like our wild card, yay!!!!!!!!!!!

SOooo to everyone else the list is growing, post number 3743 referenced in my signature, is a quick way for you to check the list, and see if you wanted to be in, you are on that list! If not, I will add you asap when you let me know about it....

couple of good points came up as to time limits to reply to me with your choice, I think ,well  I hope everyone thats in as a player, will know to do that asap, so I can ok their choice, and pass on the info to their recipient, so she can then choose, etc....I would think as soon as y ou could let me know, I will be on in the am, and once again in the aft, and probably before I retire, to check this status,until we get all paired up!!   

Waiting on a few replies I know will take part in the Free For All, and then I think the list will close on monday, at the earliest. Then we start the process, so we are ready to make and mail in May to our chosen recipients, and we are ready to receive from our senders. I will supply the address to those that are chosing thier partner,  i will give them that info, when their choice is verified. This way it won't be a tip off on whom chose you, or who  you chose!! If you addy has changed recently, (thanks Kim M for the update) let me know asap too, as we will rely on the master list I have for the month of may only, ok.

It will stay a secret, till we receive, then comes the big reveal, and the thank you of course!!! THere is no limit on the number of squares sent, only one partner for this game, maybe sometime in the future we could go around more than once, but I just got this figured out, lol don't wanna confuse myself at this point, ha ha...

I am thinking that everyone that is playing is responsible enough to check the posts often, lets hope that is the case, lol take care all, such pretty squares being done and sent, and Tonya, are you getting showered yet with squares!!!

Also Tiffer, do you have a final count for me yet???

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!! you guys be the greatest!

ANd snowflake, one can never have too much stash!!!!!! he he he

Archived