DD's new cardi

Momcrochets

Since my daughter outgrew her old cardi, and local thrift stores weren't forthcoming in having replacements ;), I whipped out my trusty hooks and yarns. :yes She likes to have something like that for those Sunday dresses that aren't quite warm enough, despite long sleeves...and in the spring, you sometimes just need a light extra layer.So now DD has a cardi to go over dresses or dressy tops. :U

post-7396-135897723992_thumb.jpg

the stats: 'fashion/dk weight' thread. Honeysuckle by Peaches and Cream (when their clearance was at 50%...I got some more at 70% :wink). size 3.75mm hook. I used the schematic from the sweet cap sleeved tee on CPC--to get the starting #s...I just didn't join but did stop increasing at the front of the neckline, and referenced Doris Chan's charts in Everyday Crochet--to remember how to increase while using shells. My shell of choice was (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) and then worked this from the top down. the sleeves were crocheted in after the body of the sweater was complete. The length of the 'jacket' part hits about at her waist...longer than a shrug, but not as long as a sweater, mainly because this IS a layering cardi, and you want the dress to not get bunched up.

DD is quite happy with it.

Thanks everyone. :)

RoseRed, (and all y'all) maybe when it's warm enough to wear a long sleeve shirt (or I'm quick enough on a Sunday :wink) I'll get a photo of the cardi, ON my DD. :U

Archived