2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Okay, I'm VERY LATE - but I'm in on this CAL. I have not a clue who all I need to crochet for or what I'll be making, but I want to make presents and then I'll surely find people to bless during the holidays.

Welcome, purples!~

We should be picking up our activity on this CAL soon...esp once we start realizing how close th eholidays are! They do tend to sneak up on you:lol

Post one has some links you can check out if you you need any ideas.:hook

I had such good intentions back in Jan/Feb to be on top of my Christmas List. But with all the sunshine I find myself gravitating towards other activities

Me too! I have two slippers made. Unfortunately, they don't match!

I believe I can use some of the motifs I've been working on for Christmas presents, simply by making multiple ones and giving them away as "Coaster Sets". This will be a good way to make use of something I'm doing to improve my skills and bless someone!

I'm also thinking about sewing some of the more floral or abstract motifs to clothing, purses, hats, and or scarves as a way to dress them up - especially if I can find some 2nd hand... What a way to snazz things up, maybe?

I still have no clue who or where the gifts will go... probably to charity... but it doesn't hurt to have plenty on hand for the Christmas season.

• 2 weeks later...
This CAL needs a good bumping back up to the top! The only plans I've been making for this CAL lately have been charity related, but I guess that counts - right???

It counts to me!!:clap

Wow! I can't believe I didn't see this CAL until now! I made my list back in April, mostly because Michael's was having a killer deal on yarn. I think I spent somewhere between 30-40 bucks on 9 projects. :tup

I am SO joining in on this CAL!!

Here's my list:

1. Tote for MIL - 1/2 done

2. Scarf for sis - just started

3. Hat for SIL

4. 2 Hat/scarf sets for my 2 nieces -- ALMOST DONE! only one scarf finish up. I posted the pictures of the Hats already in the accessories forum "Cute Cloches."

5. Ami turtle for nephew -- pieces done just need to assemble & stuff.

6. Ami Giraffe for nephew

7. Ami ladybug for niece (I might put a bell in the middle since its for a baby)

I'm seriously considering an afghan for my MIL and probably a scarf/hat set for my mom...

It seemed like there was something else but now I don't remember.

Now I have 2 big ol road trips in the next 2 weeks to keep me hooking! :hook

I have 7 Queen Ann lace scarves done!!! They are so easy and so pretty and come out nice in all different types of yarn. I have about 3 or 4 more to make! I'm also working on a granny stripe afghan, but that one is for me!:lol

I have 7 Queen Ann lace scarves done!!! They are so easy and so pretty and come out nice in all different types of yarn. I have about 3 or 4 more to make! I'm also working on a granny stripe afghan, but that one is for me!:lol

Joanne, that's greaat:clap

I'm planning on buying the yarn for my GD's afghan sometime soon. I think I'll read over the pattern again and play with it to make sure I won't have any issues with it first.

Joanne, that's greaat:clap

I'm planning on buying the yarn for my GD's afghan sometime soon. I think I'll read over the pattern again and play with it to make sure I won't have any issues with it first.

Which pattern are you going to use for your goddaughter's afghan? You may have mentioned it already, but I forgot:think

I finished the Holey Moley shawl for my DIL's birthday this fall. I have an afghan planned for her for Christmas, but haven't started it yet.

WTG!!!:cheer

What pattern are you making?

Archived