2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's one of the sampler afghans from the RH site. I have the yarn already--a variegated and matching solids in blues (robin's egg) and beiges.

that's a great combo of colors!

As a musician, I have to say..That is awesome! I wish you luck! :cheer

I'm making a tote right now with black and I don't think I care for using black yarn. Its hard to see the stitches! I can't imagine doing a whole afghan!

Thanks! It'll be a labor of love:c9

And when I use black it's normally worked in front of our big patio window!

Can I join? I have so many ideas for presents for this year it's not funny. I have so many people I wanna make stuff for as well. Thought if I got started now maybe I could get all I want to do in. Lots of progress being made by people on here. :clap If you aren't making progress I know you will soon. :cheer:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart :hug:hug

Welcome, Amber!! I expect this place will be hopping in another month or so!

We'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with. There are a few ideas/links in post 1 if you need to surf a little.

Mom: no idea

Dad: no idea

Sister: maybe some washcloths and for sure some facecloths but not really sure but she's a total girly girl that loves all things like makeup and bath and body stuff

Nana: no idea

Victoria(cousin 13): no idea she is a tomboy

Kathren(cousin11): no idea total tomboy

Logan(cousin9): no idea

Katie: washcloths and facecloths, and wanna do something dolphin cause she totally loves um

Caitlin: her and fiance are moving into own place and getting married next year and so for Christmas I was thinking something for new place not sure what though

Sue: Not really sure she loves birds and dogs I thought maybe something for her house and maybe something for her dog

Have a few other people I need to make some gifts for that I have no idea about

Have lots of people I want to make just a lil something but have no ideas about that either

Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Mom: no idea there are beautiful yarns out there that would make a great scarf.?

Dad: no idea A remote control holder to drape over the arm of the sofa?

Sister: maybe some washcloths and for sure some facecloths but not really sure but she's a total girly girl that loves all things like makeup and bath and body stuffAdd a wicker or fabric lined basket withsoaps...voila!

Nana: no ideaA shawl?

Victoria(cousin 13): no idea she is a tomboy -

Kathren(cousin11): no idea total tomboy -

Logan(cousin9): no idea - if these 3 live in a cold climate what about pull on winter hats?

Katie: washcloths and facecloths, and wanna do something dolphin cause she totally loves um Check free patterns for something dolphin - maybe on a facecloth?

Caitlin: her and fiance are moving into own place and getting married next year and so for Christmas I was thinking something for new place not sure what though do you do thread work...what about thread snowflakes for their tree?

Sue: Not really sure she loves birds and dogs I thought maybe something for her house and maybe something for her dog If the dog doesn't chew things, what a bout a simple, 2 strand blanket? Again, a pretty scarf is always welcome....

Have a few other people I need to make some gifts for that I have no idea about

Have lots of people I want to make just a lil something but have no ideas about that either

Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Does anything I've listed here help you?

Does anything I've listed here help you?
Mom isn't much of a scarf wearer. A remote control holder would be in dads way on couch arm. Plus he already has one on end table. Shawl for nana might be an ok idea. But she already has more cloths than she knows what to do with. The basket with soap sounds good, but I'll probably use her fav bath&body works bath gel instead of soap. Hats for cousins sound good even though they live in GA. Thanx for idea for something dolphin. I love to make thread Christmas ornaments. Dog blanket or a scarf sounds good for Sue. Thanx

If anyone has any ideas for simple little gifts for people that aren't that close but I love all the same.

I'm glad I gave you some food for thought! Others will chime in here off and on, so I'm sure you'll come up with something else for your huge list!;)

If anyone has any ideas for simple little gifts for people that aren't that close but I love all the same.

Some of the market bags/totes work up really quickly and everyone has stuff to carry somewhere.

I give Christmas ornaments to some of my cousins' children each year, so maybe a crocheted snowflake or other ornament.

Some of the market bags/totes work up really quickly and everyone has stuff to carry somewhere.

I give Christmas ornaments to some of my cousins' children each year, so maybe a crocheted snowflake or other ornament.

Doh! I have so many of those bags - and I completely forgot about them. You can also make the mesh type bags for grocery store runs!

Those mesh bags are wonderful for farmers markets and also for taking to a flea market, because they can squash into a purse until you need them.

My dd uses the ones I made her for the beach as well. Sand falls right through them and they stretch to accomodate big towels, and kids toys. They dry pretty quickly too.

Alright, I'm back from my trip to Michigan. Finished off 1 skein of yarn on my scarf I just started before I left. Its really thick and looks like it will be very warm. Started the ami giraffe too but I have to go get some safety beads for the eyes before I can go any further. Boy it seems like I got more done than just that but oh well. The scarf is coming along nicely and I must say that it sure did make the drive go quicker for me. :)

I almost forgot, Here is the mostly finished presents for my 2 neices. I still have to finish off the mostly turquoise scarf, its not long enough yet. I did all this with Sugar & Cream yarn.

post-61033-135897769443_thumb.jpg

post-61033-135897769447_thumb.jpg

I almost forgot, Here is the mostly finished presents for my 2 neices. I still have to finish off the mostly turquoise scarf, its not long enough yet. I did all this with Sugar & Cream yarn.

They are beautiful!!!

I haven't felt like crocheting much at all this summer. But, I think I might join this since I do need to crochet a couple stockings for gifts this year.

awesome!!!!:clap:clap

I haven't felt like crocheting much at all this summer. But, I think I might join this since I do need to crochet a couple stockings for gifts this year.

Go for it! Easy peasy as my Aussie friend says;)

Tina- Yes, come join!!! This helped me get started on my co-worker Christmas gifts! I'm almost done!!--and then I have 2 baby blankets that I should start since both babies I'm making them for will be entering the world around Christmas time!

I have started making gifts. I made my first washcloth yesterday. :yay

That's it! One step, one item at a time!!:cheer:cheer

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I joined this sometime back, and then things really got crazy around here. I have a small list so far.

Bernat Mystery afghan for a friend: just needs to be put together

Bernat Mystery Afghan for my daughter: I have it started in fun colors

Doggie set: for my teenage son, he asked for it. LOL

Betsy and Billy Set, Feb'09 CrochetWorld: for my daughter

Ginny Gingerbread Doll Dec'08 CrochetWorld: for daughter

That is all so far. I know I'll add more later on.

Hi, Lynn! That's a very manageable list - looking forward to seeing pics if you're able to post!

I found an easier version of the piano ghan I want to make for my goddaughter - this one is totally in graph work, no assembly required:devil

Archived